October 23, 2014 | 1663 users online

Treatments - OPI - Chip Skip

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2008 3:06:00 AM More reviews by sanckensmom

This is a product that I had to sadly throw away (along with OPI's nail envy). This is supposed to help polish stay on longer and not chip..my polish would chip the very next day no matter how I applied it..so sadly this is not a repurchase nor a positive recommendation. I love OPI's polishes though!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/27/2008 12:56:00 PM More reviews by ng76

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this free when I worked @ Trade Secret. This stuff sucks, it made my polish chip!! OPI sucks. I feel sorry for anyone who would pay $7.50 for this crap, just because it's OPI. Drugstore nailpolish is your best bet.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/25/2008 3:57:00 PM More reviews by 39075

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Made nooo difference whatsoever, no matter what i did:
I tried applying one coat of this then instantly applying color
I tried applying one coat, leaving it for a while, then applying color
I tried applying two coats and repeating the first
I tried applying two coats and repeating the second
I tried applying both of the above and then using a base coat
I really did try everything i could think of
Dont work
Really Dont work
I think the concept is that it evaporates any oil off the nail, allowing the color to stick to the nail bed better, but dont work.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2007 10:29:00 AM More reviews by Moodyone

This came in a set with My Chihuahua bites and it was on the 60% off table at Trade Secret so it was very cheap. I know this receives bad reviews but I like it. It works for me and I notice my polish lasts longer when I use it. Would I pay full price for it? Probably not but I would buy it if it comes packaged with something else.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2007 11:40:00 PM More reviews by lucyrox

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The horrid chemical smell nearly knocked me off my chair. What the heck is in this stuff? It's not a shiny base coat. It dries to an invisible base. Doesn't help with chipping either. What a dud. If I want to spend my money on duds, it will be Milk Duds candy. OPI should skip this chip right off of their shelves. Have you figured out that I won't buy this product again? EDIT: OK, I've been using this despite the smell, and I'm thinking it does help with less chipping. So, I upped the rating th a couple more stars.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/21/2007 6:57:00 PM More reviews by Chucky76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a waste of money. I bought it thinking it has got some sort of special formula that would prevent chipping. The only thing it does is prep the nails before applying top coat. Can be achieved by wiping cotton wool/cottonbud soaked with nail polish remover. Avoid like a plague.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/19/2007 12:02:00 PM More reviews by Fox1star

It is like polish remover with a skinny brush that doesn't work very well. It acts like acetone and destroyed my nails which had grown out nicely after removing acrylics. A waste of money.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/16/2007 12:14:00 AM More reviews by Darkshadow

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

im pretty hard on my nails but this made the polish chip MORE.

seriously

my polish normaly lasts about a day an a half

this made it last a few hours

pathetic, especially for the price

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2007 1:29:00 PM More reviews by TinaMG

I love this product. My nails always chipped by day 2 and when I used this product after 2 days no chips and then I put another base coat on as extra insurance. I was almost at 7 days for a couple tiny chips came about. It was almost like having my acrylics again. I love this and highly recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2007 9:46:00 PM More reviews by kellichou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I don't know why so many other reviewers give this product a bad rap!

I have been regularly painting my nails for about the past 7 years--every week I file and paint my nails. This product is the same stuff a professional manicurist swipes over your nails to: a) the solvent (ethyl acetate) removes any last traces of old polish and skin oils, and MOST importantly, b) the strong base (a precise formulation of sodium hydroxide, I believe) prepares the nail's surface to really GRAB and hold onto the nail polish that you apply! Better living through chemistry, ladies!

Chip Skip, applied to nails, will help the nail polish stay on longer. I find that Chip Skip is MOST helpful when applied first, and followed by the base coat, 2 coats of color, and a quality top coat. Then I find that, a few days after the initial manicure, if I lightly file my nails and apply a "refresher" top coat, then my manicure can last 10+ days. With all that I do, I am very hard on my manicure, and I feel that Chip Skip helps me keep my manicure for much longer.