July 30, 2014 | 1896 users online

Liquid - Giorgio Armani - Maestro Fusion Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2013 2:29:00 PM More reviews by Neen2131

this is the best foundation i have ever used. i am very picky about foundations, having tried lancome, nars, bobbi brown, clinique and mac and this is by far the best i have tried. mainly because it has dramatically improved the condition of my skin- i used to get a couple of spots every week - since using this, i have had had no spots (3 months now) not even hormonal ones. a couple of nights i have gone to bed without taking it off (bad, i know) but actually i have woken up with much better looking skin than usual -not a good habit but nice to see it is actually good for skin.

it is very sheer, so not ideal if you want full coverage. however, it feels amazing on my skin and the colour match is perfect. it is much lighter in texture than any other foundation i have tried so it is very easy to apply and feels like you are not wearing any foundation at all. you can layer it to get a stronger coverage, but i have found that you need to wait a bit (at least 10 mins) in between layers to really build it.
it is also very long lasting - really does stay on all day. you don't need to use very much, a little drop goes a long way, so its not as expensive as it first seems. i have found that it actually works better without a primer and when applied with fingers, so this more another expense spared.
the little dropper bottle is also great, it means that you can dispense a little at a time and you don't have to touch the dropper therefore avoiding any bacteria getting onto it from fingers.
i am so glad i have found this, it is a real game changer for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2013 1:46:00 PM More reviews by TSST

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

I use this foundation daily. It provides buildable coverage that looks natural. I use 4.5 for my fair, pinkish tone skin. One bottle lasts 7 months. I use 2 drops and apply with my fingers. The foundation spreads easily and doesn't set too quickly. There is a faint sunblock smell but fades once the makeup sets. I will continue to purchase.
I moved to this foundation after Laura Mercier reformulated the oil-free foundation and glad I did. No looking back.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2013 10:15:00 AM More reviews by KellyNC

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I wish there was a maybe button because I'm not sure I would buy this again. The texture is super smooth and it doesn't take much work to blend. I'd rather have a pump than a dropper. I have normal to dry skin and initially it feels wonderful and moisturizing. Later in the day it shows up flakes a little. I would probably default to the Face Fabric instead because I tend to prefer LM TM or Becca LSC.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2013 10:35:00 AM More reviews by haleydrk

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was undecided whether to give this three or four lippies. I DO like this foundations but it is not the holy grail that people claim it it.

Pros: I love the texture, the feel and the way it blends. It is by far the most natural looking foundation I have ever tried. Even at 46 years old I still tend to break out occasionally. I was hesitant to try an oil based foundation but this did not make me break out at all. The color is perfection.

Cons: if I am a little dry and flakey, the foundation emphasizes the dryness. I thought that was pretty strange for an oil based foundation. I evaluate my skin every morning, and if I have some dry spots, I will not use Maestro. The biggest downside is the packaging. I took it with me on vacation, and the air pressure on the plane caused the dropper to pop open. It got all over the rest of my makeup. I returned it and got a new one, but once again the dropper came off (Not on a plane this time) and spilled all over. Some of it got in my sink and it was near impossible to wash away with just soap and water which makes me wonder if it is really washing off my face!!!

So, like every other foundation I have mixed feelings but will continue to use Maestro until something better comes along.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2013 9:58:00 AM More reviews by pinkydinkydo

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The Lexus of liquid makeups. Smells a lot like alcohol but doesn['t seem to dry out my skin (which is very dry). The color is great, coverage is great..... and you can make it heavier or lighter. Lasts all day with a minor fix for oiliness midday.... (not serious, just a little). Love this makeup, after having used powder mineral stuff for years.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2013 1:42:00 AM More reviews by fparekh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I heard rave reviews about this from my best friend. She insisted I had to go out and get it. When I tried this foundation at the store - it came on beautifully. Very light and applied smooth as ever. The makeup artist didn't set it with any powder and just told me to walk around for a bit with it on. I didn't buy it immediately as I was hesitant about the hefty price. Nonetheless, throughout the day - I could see it starting to look better and really feeling second skin... My mom even asked me what I had done as my skin was looking radiant. So I promptly went the next day and purchased it.

The first few times that I used it - I noticed at the end of the day I was getting very small pimple-like bumps. I was distraught. I put it away.

However, a week later a make-up artist friend told me to try it a few times in a few different ways and let my skin get used to the product.

I believe the silicone base was just something my skin was not familiar with.

Sure enough, I started using a primer (even though the MU at the GA counter said a primer wasn't required) - and set the powder with MAC Mineralize Skinfinish or INGLOT AMC Powder and now I have no breakouts. It is a great foundation that I highly recommend. Its light-ness and buildability are what is great. I have very good skin and need minimal coverage - however on the days that I want to deck out - this provides me the ability to have that "party-ready" face.

Also - even though the MU suggested that I use my fingers to apply this foundation I prefer a #45 brush from Sephora or Real Techniques Expert Face Blush. It just gives the face a better finish.

Give this a chance!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2013 12:12:00 PM More reviews by acnnacnn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

It's the most expensive foundation I've ever bought, and it's the first foundation I bought from G. Armani. I bought #4.5 and this foundation becomes my second skin!!! My shade is Estee lauder light 2.0 / NC25, I love this foundation, it's light, the texture is smooth as silk, helps my skin becomes so much better and looks so natural! The foundation covers my pores pretty well, however it's too light so it doesn't cover my blemish or scar well.

I tried to not set the make up when I apply foundation, my face gets shine after 4-5 hours as I live in a humid place. so I usually use MAC blot powder to set and the foundation will stay much longer!

Overall I love this foundation, I highly recommend people who enjoy "less is more" / without make up look!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2013 12:58:00 AM More reviews by Sarisa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I do love this foundation and will be buying it again when I run out. It is a bit pricey, but a little goes a long way--so the bottle actually lasts for quite a long time. I was color matched at the Nordstrom counter, not sure what the number is but the color is perfect for my skin.

My skin is typically pretty oily but not too prone to breakouts, so I mostly use this for evening out my skin tone. I have some sun damage / melasma and this does an amazing job of covering that up while still looking totally natural. It gives my skin a slightly more matte but still a bit dewy finish, kind of a "my skin but better" effect. It has more coverage than a tinted moisturizer and doesn't give me the greasiness that I sometimes get from using those.

I only apply 3 or 4 drops to my entire face with my fingers and then afterwards I sort of brush / buff the finish VERY LIGHTLY with a foundation brush (doesn't seem to matter which one, I've used a cheap one from Target and a more expensive one from Sephora). Sometimes I'll set it with powder and then spray with Urban Decay All Nighter and pat with a makeup sponge to pick up excess powder. But that's not really crucial, I've found--although it does make everything last longer.

Overall, using this foundation is really quick and easy. And, bonus, I get compliments on my skin all the time, even from people younger than myself (I'm in my mid-thirties).

The only reason I don't use this every single day is that if you have any, and I mean ANY dryness to your skin this foundation will stick to the dry skin and it looks awful. It's frustrating but inevitable, and definitely a reason why I think skin type will play a major role in whether or not YOU might like this product. On days when I have weird dry patches of skin (from a retinol cream or something like that) I cannot use this. Instead I reach for the my Armani Luminous Silk foundation or Nars Tinted Moisturizer.

All in all, this is pretty close to being a HG product, and I'll definitely continue to use it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2013 12:16:00 PM More reviews by lmande

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

There aren't too many reviews out there for this product from women in my age bracket; ahem..59, so here goes. I was exceedingly curious to try this after all the hype. It was tricky to buy online but I took a risk and bought what I thought would be slightly dark. I was wrong - I bought the #5 and the color is perfect. I am a light, blue eyed blond for reference. My skin tends to be somewhat normal to normal/dry. Nothing too extreme in any direction. I listened to many of the reviewers (as well as on other sites besides this one) and took the advice to not use a primer first - which I normally always do and to apply it with your fingers - which I never do normally. The product IS very thin and runny, I honestly just "roll" the dropper across my face and that seems plenty to cover my whole face. You do have to blend quickly and I do let it 'set' a minute or 2 before I apply any blush. And I don't use any powder like I do with other foundations. I really like the finish - more natural than anything else I've tried. If you're looking for a lot of coverage or moisture, this isn't it. I think it will work best in summer. It's not as budge-proof as Erno Laszlo's Shake-it, but it comes close. It just makes you look like your skin is a lot better than it is, IMO. And no annoying transference onto your clothes. I would probably buy again, we'll see how it fares after this summer is over.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2013 3:09:00 AM More reviews by bobadreamer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was SO excited to try this new revolutionary foundation but it simply did not live up to my expectations at all.

COLOR: For reference, I'm NC30 (perhaps a tiny bit darker) and I got this in the shade 6.5 and the match is pretty good, slightly darker than my neck but not terribly so, not orangey at all and decently yellow for my Asian skin tone.

COVERAGE: This is definitely a light coverage foundation that's minimally buildable. I use two drops per cheek, and two drops for my t-zone. I use one drop at a time, blending quickly with my fingers and it is enough to blur my acne scars a little and mute out my minor redness. For the apples of my cheeks and around my nose I need two layers to cancel out the redness. Even after two layers, this foundation does not look cakey whatsoever, it really mimics the texture of my skin, and neither emphasizes or drastically minimizes the appearance of my pores and fine lines. Concealer is definitely a must-have for any acne scars or dark circles. The finish is a natural finish, not too matte, but not glowy at all.

TEXTURE: This makeup feels incredibly light on the skin, and you really don't need much to cover your face. It feels silky when you rub it in, the most comparable feeling I know is the Hourglass Veil primer. I find it fairly imperceptible on the skin, and to me it feels like a more mattifying version of the Estee Lauder invisible fluid.

THOUGHTS: I really wanted to love this foundation, BUT, it doesn't last on my skin at all. I've used it over both an oil free and oil based moisturizer. Topped it with different powders. Sprayed it with my all nighter setting spray. Nothing makes it last on my skin. By the end of the day my foundation and concealer seem to have worn off almost completely, and my blush is totally gone. It doesn't really separate on the skin like some foundations do, it just wears off and looks like you applied nothing in the first place.

My skin type is oily and acne prone, and I found that after a few days of using this foundation the area between my eyebrows began to develop a bit of redness (generally an indication that it's thinking about breaking out) as this is the only product I've introduced, I've got to suspect it's to blame. Furthermore, this product DOES flash back in flash photography, so if that's a dealbreaker for you, don't get this.

All in all, this foundation is not worth it for me, I love the texture, coverage and finish, but the way it wears off so quickly just makes it not worth it at all.