April 16, 2014 | 962 users online

Liquid - Giorgio Armani - Maestro Fusion Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2013 12:12:00 PM More reviews by acnnacnn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

It's the most expensive foundation I've ever bought, and it's the first foundation I bought from G. Armani. I bought #4.5 and this foundation becomes my second skin!!! My shade is Estee lauder light 2.0 / NC25, I love this foundation, it's light, the texture is smooth as silk, helps my skin becomes so much better and looks so natural! The foundation covers my pores pretty well, however it's too light so it doesn't cover my blemish or scar well.

I tried to not set the make up when I apply foundation, my face gets shine after 4-5 hours as I live in a humid place. so I usually use MAC blot powder to set and the foundation will stay much longer!

Overall I love this foundation, I highly recommend people who enjoy "less is more" / without make up look!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2013 12:58:00 AM More reviews by Sarisa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I do love this foundation and will be buying it again when I run out. It is a bit pricey, but a little goes a long way--so the bottle actually lasts for quite a long time. I was color matched at the Nordstrom counter, not sure what the number is but the color is perfect for my skin.

My skin is typically pretty oily but not too prone to breakouts, so I mostly use this for evening out my skin tone. I have some sun damage / melasma and this does an amazing job of covering that up while still looking totally natural. It gives my skin a slightly more matte but still a bit dewy finish, kind of a "my skin but better" effect. It has more coverage than a tinted moisturizer and doesn't give me the greasiness that I sometimes get from using those.

I only apply 3 or 4 drops to my entire face with my fingers and then afterwards I sort of brush / buff the finish VERY LIGHTLY with a foundation brush (doesn't seem to matter which one, I've used a cheap one from Target and a more expensive one from Sephora). Sometimes I'll set it with powder and then spray with Urban Decay All Nighter and pat with a makeup sponge to pick up excess powder. But that's not really crucial, I've found--although it does make everything last longer.

Overall, using this foundation is really quick and easy. And, bonus, I get compliments on my skin all the time, even from people younger than myself (I'm in my mid-thirties).

The only reason I don't use this every single day is that if you have any, and I mean ANY dryness to your skin this foundation will stick to the dry skin and it looks awful. It's frustrating but inevitable, and definitely a reason why I think skin type will play a major role in whether or not YOU might like this product. On days when I have weird dry patches of skin (from a retinol cream or something like that) I cannot use this. Instead I reach for the my Armani Luminous Silk foundation or Nars Tinted Moisturizer.

All in all, this is pretty close to being a HG product, and I'll definitely continue to use it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2013 12:16:00 PM More reviews by lmande

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

There aren't too many reviews out there for this product from women in my age bracket; ahem..59, so here goes. I was exceedingly curious to try this after all the hype. It was tricky to buy online but I took a risk and bought what I thought would be slightly dark. I was wrong - I bought the #5 and the color is perfect. I am a light, blue eyed blond for reference. My skin tends to be somewhat normal to normal/dry. Nothing too extreme in any direction. I listened to many of the reviewers (as well as on other sites besides this one) and took the advice to not use a primer first - which I normally always do and to apply it with your fingers - which I never do normally. The product IS very thin and runny, I honestly just "roll" the dropper across my face and that seems plenty to cover my whole face. You do have to blend quickly and I do let it 'set' a minute or 2 before I apply any blush. And I don't use any powder like I do with other foundations. I really like the finish - more natural than anything else I've tried. If you're looking for a lot of coverage or moisture, this isn't it. I think it will work best in summer. It's not as budge-proof as Erno Laszlo's Shake-it, but it comes close. It just makes you look like your skin is a lot better than it is, IMO. And no annoying transference onto your clothes. I would probably buy again, we'll see how it fares after this summer is over.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2013 3:09:00 AM More reviews by bobadreamer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was SO excited to try this new revolutionary foundation but it simply did not live up to my expectations at all.

COLOR: For reference, I'm NC30 (perhaps a tiny bit darker) and I got this in the shade 6.5 and the match is pretty good, slightly darker than my neck but not terribly so, not orangey at all and decently yellow for my Asian skin tone.

COVERAGE: This is definitely a light coverage foundation that's minimally buildable. I use two drops per cheek, and two drops for my t-zone. I use one drop at a time, blending quickly with my fingers and it is enough to blur my acne scars a little and mute out my minor redness. For the apples of my cheeks and around my nose I need two layers to cancel out the redness. Even after two layers, this foundation does not look cakey whatsoever, it really mimics the texture of my skin, and neither emphasizes or drastically minimizes the appearance of my pores and fine lines. Concealer is definitely a must-have for any acne scars or dark circles. The finish is a natural finish, not too matte, but not glowy at all.

TEXTURE: This makeup feels incredibly light on the skin, and you really don't need much to cover your face. It feels silky when you rub it in, the most comparable feeling I know is the Hourglass Veil primer. I find it fairly imperceptible on the skin, and to me it feels like a more mattifying version of the Estee Lauder invisible fluid.

THOUGHTS: I really wanted to love this foundation, BUT, it doesn't last on my skin at all. I've used it over both an oil free and oil based moisturizer. Topped it with different powders. Sprayed it with my all nighter setting spray. Nothing makes it last on my skin. By the end of the day my foundation and concealer seem to have worn off almost completely, and my blush is totally gone. It doesn't really separate on the skin like some foundations do, it just wears off and looks like you applied nothing in the first place.

My skin type is oily and acne prone, and I found that after a few days of using this foundation the area between my eyebrows began to develop a bit of redness (generally an indication that it's thinking about breaking out) as this is the only product I've introduced, I've got to suspect it's to blame. Furthermore, this product DOES flash back in flash photography, so if that's a dealbreaker for you, don't get this.

All in all, this foundation is not worth it for me, I love the texture, coverage and finish, but the way it wears off so quickly just makes it not worth it at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2013 9:21:00 PM More reviews by notevangelista

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Having used the Givenchy Photoperfexion, the Bobbi Brown skin foundation, I decided that I wanted to try a new, lighter foundation that would give my skin a flawless finish. Keeping this in mind, I went for Maestro, it's velvety finish and perfect colour match (4.5 for me) being the thing that tipped me over to the counter!

I must say that I thankfully, do not suffer from skin problems of any kind, apart from under-eye circles and the bottom of my nose having the tendency to clog up from time to time. However, this nothing a little mask can't fix. I do get the rare break-out, but apart from that, there are no issues. What I'm getting at here is that this foundation, being super-lightweight and sheer is perhaps not the most ideal for people with major skin issues. If you have relatively well-behaved skin, then I do recommend this foundation to you, if you're looking for something that is not heavy, but really adds radiance to the complexion.

Having dry skin, I do some serious moisturization before I go about applying this foundation, and if I don't do this properly, the foundation does look patchy and strange. I start off by applying a lightweight facial lotion, the Kanebo Sensai brightening face cream, the Kiehl's avocado eye treatment under my eye, and then finish off with the foundation. I find that this creates a good make-up base for me to work from.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2013 8:47:00 PM More reviews by ladyling

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I don't like wearing make up, as I have very acne prone skin with t-zone getting very very shiny by mid-day. However, I've noticed that my skin has become very uneven toned so have been looking for a foundation that's easy to apply.

This Maestro fusion foundation is amazing. To be truthful, I had only tried using Bobbi Brown stick foundation, Prescriptives liquid foundation, and one of Clinique's liquid foundations good for oily skin, with all of them looking olly and slick by midday and with obvious creasing into fine lines by the end of the day. There's none of that with the fusion foundation. Yes it does accentuate any dry areas on the skin, but when it settles in - it looks absolutely natural, evens out my tone (gets rid of any redness) and makes my skin look better and healthier and brighter. It is sheer to medium coverage, so I do need my Mac studio finish concealer, but I love how it makes my face look better without its many blemishes and marks without looking like I'm wearing any make up. And I find that my t-zone doesn't get as shiny, even without a primer. It certainly doesn't make me break out and is very easy to apply with my fingers. I only need 3-4 drops to cover my whole face. I love it. It is the first foundation I've used to not have settled into my fine lines under the eyes after a whole day of wearing it. I don't use powder either to set the foundation.

Overall, I'd repurchase, even though it is quite expensive.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2013 3:28:00 PM More reviews by Lobbery

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I want to like this and I've tried everything possible to make it work but it lacks coverage and adaptability. I don't have dryness that ever shows up, only when I wear this. With a lot of heavy moisturiser underneath it won't show the dryness but there just isn't any coverage. Building wont make it look Cakey but just Wont do anything. Yes, you look like you're not wearing foundation but you're getting very few of the benefits of foundation with this. Try if you've oily skin with no imperfections to cover. It should look lovely on you.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/21/2013 2:59:00 PM More reviews by Anouk4385

This is my first review. I felt like I had to write it because this was a really bad foundation for my retin a treated skin. Like a few other reviewers already mentioned it literally emphazised every single flake of dry skin I had and fine lines appeared to be so much more obvious. I looked much worse wearing this than not wearing any foundation at all! The only thing I have to say is that the color match was really great for my fair, yellow toned skin. Too bad it looked so dry once I applied. So definately wont recommend for retin a treated, dry skin!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2013 3:37:00 PM More reviews by abfabjeanius

My skintype: Normal, with oily t-zone. Decently clear with some blackheads around the nose, and a few dark spots. Have dark undereye circles.
My skintone: Light neutral/slightly golden. Can usually wear NC20 in MAC, though in some formulations have to wear NW20. Usually wear NARS Deauville.

I initially purchased this in November, but have waited all these months to review it because I had a love-hate relationship. I think the problem was that the MA said I should use #3, which, in all actuality, is a bit too light for my skintone once it "sets." Interestingly, the colors in Maestro run a bit differently than Luminou Silk, and seem to get lighter as they set, rather than traditional foundation that tend to get darker as they oxidize.

The #3 is a nice neutral - probably best suited for skintones no darker than NC/NW15. I found that because it was too pale for my skin, it seemed to actually accentuate any dark spots/imperfections. After doing some research online (The Beauty Professor blog has a great review on this which shows all of the swatches), I later picked up samples of #4 and #5, which made me instantly love this foundation.

The #4 would be perfect for NC20'ish skintones. It has a slight yellow tone. The #5 would be great for NW20'ish girls, as it runs slightly more pink. On the skin, however, both work quite well and seem to blend in.

A few notes on the packaging and texture... you definitely have to shake it up, and yes, the dropper bottle is annoying... mostly because as you're putting the dropper back in the bottle, it seems to push out the excess on the outside of the dropper. (Kind of hard to explain, but if you see the package, you will understand.) It feels like a lightweight dry oil, and all I use is 3-4 drops on my entire face. I basically start in the middle of my face and pat/gently rub outwards. It literally takes 10 seconds to apply. Because it is so lightweight, I don't have to think about blending or stippling. I usually just do one layer, but I've tried layering another layer on top, and it seems to be ok/doesn't get cakey.

As mentioned before, I have an oily t-zone, and Maestro does not set into pores or make me super oily through the day, which is a HUGE deal for me. Addtionally, it does not make me break out, and is easy to remove at night.

Just a few tips... make sure your skin is well exfoliated and moisturized before applying Maestro, as other MUA'ers have noted. For me, I like to use Bobbi Brown's Vitamin Enriched Face Base first, then layer on my Shiseido Urban Environment sunscreen and then use Maestro. I've also used it over the Josie Maran daily sunblock lotion, and it works wel with that, too. Also, you will need concealer with this if you have super dark spots or dark circles. I use the Maestro corrector *beforehand* on my dark undereye circles. For acne scars or other things like that, I use Urban Decay's 24/7 concealer pencil.

Overall, I love this product! continued >>

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2013 9:45:00 AM More reviews by Viviannle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried liking this foundation, hearing positive reviews on it for oily skin I wanted to give it a try, so I went to ask a Giorgio Armani SA and she put some serum, primer and the foundation it felt so light and felt like I had bare skin, so I took a sample.
After 30mins it became so oily (as I have super oily skin) I thought it was just the products she had used on me, but I applied this foundation on my skin with a dense flat top brush with and without (oil-free) primer it just didn't control my oil as good as I thought it would.