December 22, 2014 | 1722 users online

Palettes - LORAC - PRO Palette

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2014 5:08:00 PM More reviews by BriddaBella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have the Urban Decay Naked 1 and 2 Palette, but I have always been curious about trying out the Lorac Pro Palette, because it has more matte shades and has overall more natural shades that are suitable for every day makeup.

Since Lorac products are not available in Europe I had to buy the palette on ebay but I am so happy that I bought it. I absolutely love this palette and I have been using it pretty much every time I am using makeup.

The palette has 16 eye shadows, 8 matte colours and 8 shimmery colours and I have mostly been using the matte shades to create more depth on my eyelids without making it look like I am wearing tons of eye makeup. I have also been using the matte dark brown eye shadow in the colour Espresso to fill out my brows, because it is the perfect shade.

Overall I can say that I prefer the Lorac Pro palette from the colour range, however the eye shadows are a little powdery and tend to leave more fallout whereas the Urban Decay eye shadows are quite creamy/buttery.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2014 9:31:00 PM More reviews by Oliviabland

It's perfect just buy it

rated 2 of 5 on 6/1/2014 6:38:00 PM More reviews by paine724

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Honestly i dont get the hype over this product. I've owned it for 6 months now and the shades aren't as pigmented as people make them out to be and there are far too many shades in this palette that are either too light are way too dark to use in a look. Overall i wouldn't purchase this again

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2014 6:54:00 AM More reviews by liviiflutelouu

Pros:
-Super sleek, amazing packaging - so easy for travel
-16 contrasting, unique shades
-Every single shadow feels like butter - even the matte ones! They are so soft and easy to blend
-Gives you an array of color combo choices you may not have thought of

Cons:
-For me personally, none. I can honestly say I enjoy every single shade, and texture in this palette. The super light matte shades (White, Cream, Lt. Pink) are extremely pigmented and beautiful under the brow bone, and the darker shades are extremely rich and easy to drag under the lash line for a smudged out liner look. There is not a single shadow in here that has poor color pay off. There are a few shades that I don't wear as often (Slate, Garnet, Deep Purple) but they are still gorgeous and just as easy to use as the others in this palette. Besides the 3 shades I mentioned above, I think this whole palette is day friendly and definitely both neutral and earth toned. The shades Nude and Champagne swatch the same, but honestly look different on. Nude is definitely more opaque, and a little more peachy toned.

If you are a palette lover and want something with an interesting variety of shades and textures, this is the one for you!! Lorac is cheaper than some of the other high end brands, and you get 16 unique, wearable shades. You won't regret purchasing this one! A lot to love!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2014 1:01:00 PM More reviews by onecheekychica

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my go-to palette! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!! Great pigmentation and the colors wear well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2014 12:14:00 PM More reviews by bih80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is, without doubt, the best palette ever made. It's got everything you need to make a perfect day look and everything you need to make a nighttime look and any look in between. I love that half the shadows are matte I only wish that the 'cream' shade was the size of 2 of the little pods. I can even do my brows with one of the colors, it's without doubt the best palette out there. The colors are rich and pigmented, silky and blendable. I use this a good 5-6 times a week.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2014 9:08:00 PM More reviews by Lilmissjudy

This has got to be my HG palette. It has all the colors that match perfect for my olive skin tone. The colors are very pigmented and blend well. I don't know how I ever lived without this palette.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2014 11:13:00 AM More reviews by dterrob

I'll keep this short, because I'm not the first or last to talk about this amazing palette. It's miles better than the first two UD Naked palettes (don't own the 3rd so I won't speak for that). The colors are more wearable and the textures and much better. They blend well, have great pigmentation, and I love having an even number of mattes and shimmers. The colors are neutral but not boring. Colors like mauve and pewter are fun to play around with. Every color hits the mark here, except for one: champagne. I don't even understand how this one made it into the palette. The only time I ever use this is when I accidentally use this instead of nude when I'm not paying attention to what I'm doing. Champagne is like nude but awful. Full of chunky, fallout glitter. Not as bad as Sidecar in the Naked palette, and maybe I'm just spoiled by all the other A+ shades in this palette, but yeah, that one is unfortunately going to go to waste. The nude shade is very similar though and MILES better; a pretty, neutral, glowy nude color that can be worn on its own or over other colors. One of my all time favorite eye shadows. This palette is wonderful. The packaging is wonderful. If this palette appeals to you or you want a neutral palette, give it a try! I use this almost every day. It's very worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2014 6:17:00 AM More reviews by crystaldw

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Im on the fence with this..I like the slim packaging dont like the finger print magnet the case is tho..I like having all those basic mattes to choose from its wonderfully soft&creamy.easy to blend.it dosnt last as long as my UD shadows but its better lasting then some of my the balm shadows..the only thing is except for the garnet&purple shadow this palette dosnt really excite me. Its a wonderful basic&more palette perfect for traveling light but still having almost any look for any ocassion.it would be a wonderful 1st higher end peice.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2014 7:11:00 PM More reviews by sase

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Appearance: This product is encased in a black flip palette with a mirror on the inside. The palette is slim in appearance. Sidenote: I've noticed the silver lettering of the palette is wearing off where I hold the palette while applying.

Cost: The palette cost $42.00 at Ulta. If planning on purchasing I'd wait till Ulta runs a free gift with purchase. Mine came with a deluxe sample of LORAC eye primer which wears quite nicely under eyeshadows.

Wearability: The palette contains 8 matte shades and 8 shimmer shades. The colors are a nice collection of neutrals and darker colors for a smokey eye. The shimmer shadows are not over the top shimmery but still impart a nice sheen. The mattes are soft and buttery and not at all chalky.

Overall thoughts: I find myself reaching for this palette on most days. If I were ever to run out of this palette I would definitely repurchase this. It's nothing special in terms of new colors but definitely a great palette to add to your collection.