November 24, 2014 | 2015 users online

Palettes - LORAC - PRO Palette

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2014 12:14:00 PM More reviews by bih80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is, without doubt, the best palette ever made. It's got everything you need to make a perfect day look and everything you need to make a nighttime look and any look in between. I love that half the shadows are matte I only wish that the 'cream' shade was the size of 2 of the little pods. I can even do my brows with one of the colors, it's without doubt the best palette out there. The colors are rich and pigmented, silky and blendable. I use this a good 5-6 times a week.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2014 9:08:00 PM More reviews by Lilmissjudy

This has got to be my HG palette. It has all the colors that match perfect for my olive skin tone. The colors are very pigmented and blend well. I don't know how I ever lived without this palette.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2014 11:13:00 AM More reviews by dterrob

I'll keep this short, because I'm not the first or last to talk about this amazing palette. It's miles better than the first two UD Naked palettes (don't own the 3rd so I won't speak for that). The colors are more wearable and the textures and much better. They blend well, have great pigmentation, and I love having an even number of mattes and shimmers. The colors are neutral but not boring. Colors like mauve and pewter are fun to play around with. Every color hits the mark here, except for one: champagne. I don't even understand how this one made it into the palette. The only time I ever use this is when I accidentally use this instead of nude when I'm not paying attention to what I'm doing. Champagne is like nude but awful. Full of chunky, fallout glitter. Not as bad as Sidecar in the Naked palette, and maybe I'm just spoiled by all the other A+ shades in this palette, but yeah, that one is unfortunately going to go to waste. The nude shade is very similar though and MILES better; a pretty, neutral, glowy nude color that can be worn on its own or over other colors. One of my all time favorite eye shadows. This palette is wonderful. The packaging is wonderful. If this palette appeals to you or you want a neutral palette, give it a try! I use this almost every day. It's very worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2014 6:17:00 AM More reviews by crystaldw

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Im on the fence with this..I like the slim packaging dont like the finger print magnet the case is tho..I like having all those basic mattes to choose from its wonderfully soft&creamy.easy to blend.it dosnt last as long as my UD shadows but its better lasting then some of my the balm shadows..the only thing is except for the garnet&purple shadow this palette dosnt really excite me. Its a wonderful basic&more palette perfect for traveling light but still having almost any look for any ocassion.it would be a wonderful 1st higher end peice.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2014 7:11:00 PM More reviews by sase

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Appearance: This product is encased in a black flip palette with a mirror on the inside. The palette is slim in appearance. Sidenote: I've noticed the silver lettering of the palette is wearing off where I hold the palette while applying.

Cost: The palette cost $42.00 at Ulta. If planning on purchasing I'd wait till Ulta runs a free gift with purchase. Mine came with a deluxe sample of LORAC eye primer which wears quite nicely under eyeshadows.

Wearability: The palette contains 8 matte shades and 8 shimmer shades. The colors are a nice collection of neutrals and darker colors for a smokey eye. The shimmer shadows are not over the top shimmery but still impart a nice sheen. The mattes are soft and buttery and not at all chalky.

Overall thoughts: I find myself reaching for this palette on most days. If I were ever to run out of this palette I would definitely repurchase this. It's nothing special in terms of new colors but definitely a great palette to add to your collection.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2014 6:48:00 PM More reviews by mariselayoung

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have mixed feelings about this palette.

On the one hand, I use this almost every single day. The matte shadows are out of this world in terms of texture and versatility. They provide me with the perfect crease shades - particularly "Mauve" and "Sable" - and "Black" and "Expresso" are great for setting liquid eyeliner. They are really pigmented and creamy, just like everyone says, and blend like a dream.

However, the shimmer shades are pretty mediocre if not entirely forgettable. I think I have used them no more than a handful of times. "Nude", "Champagne", and "Light Bronze" are utterly bland shades with no dimension whatsoever, and "Champagne" in particular is quite chalky and not pigmented at all. "Deep Purple" was very ashy and flat. And while most of them have a great texture to them, the colors are just so subpar and cheap looking. The one exception is "Gold", which is just.... oh my God gorgeous. Just not really wearable on an every day basis.

So, I think you should definitely invest in another palette. Yes, the mattes are great, but I still technically wasted my money on half the palette. Definitely not worth the hype. When I hit pan on my favorite shadows, I'm definitely turning to the Viseart Neutral Palette Matte palette.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2014 12:27:00 AM More reviews by Ohsosweetca

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Extremely versatile palette. Eyeshadows are creamy and blend able. Love the fact you can have different matte and shimmer looks from one palette!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2014 8:41:00 PM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The older I'm getting, the more drawn to neutral shadows I'm becoming. I've collected so many that I need to be pretty choosy with new purchases. This made the cut and I am very glad I purchased it. The shadows are soft, well pigmented, and apply smoothly. There is a nice selection of your usual neutral shades and a few unique colors like Mauve. Very good investment.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2014 1:41:00 PM More reviews by loveisblind1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This palette is a workhorse palette for me. This is definitely the most used palette I've owned. It has mostly neutral colors. A good amount of these colors lean cool (many of the lighter colors) while many of the medium/darker colors are either neutral or cool toned. Despite my warm toned skin, I find a lot of these colors to work well with my brown eyes.

I like the texture of these eyeshadows better than Urban Decay. These have better pigmentation, blendability, and less fallout than UD, imo. This is a very well balanced palette. The best part of the palette is that is has an equal amount of matte and shimmery colors, as well an equal amount of light and dark colors. They have at least three blending colors (taupe, mauve, and sable) and colors to darken a look.

The eyeshadows are a good size. I have been using it almost daily for 2 months and haven't hit pan yet. The only complaint I'd have is that there are some colors that are a little redundant. The light colors (white, light pink, cream) are very light and look pretty similar on my skintone (warm,NC20). The gold color is a very orange gold and is pretty bold. I didn't quite like the look of the gold and neither did my boyfriend! So, there's some colors in the palette that I could do without.

But I love the heck out of the brown, black/grey, or purple shades. The espresso is a beautiful brown and looks great on brown eyes. I'll use the black to line my top eye (I'm too oily skinned to wear it on the bottom!) I ended up wanting to return my Too Faced Chocolate Bar and Stila in the light palette because I feel there are colors that I like that are already in the Lorac pro palette.

My favorite looks: Using Maybelline's color tattoo eyeshadow in Tough as Taupe and layering Pewter on top and finish with black liquid liner. Beautiful!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2014 12:58:00 AM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have just tallied up my eye shadow palettes to give a reality check and point out to myself why I do not need Lorac unzipped, TF Choc Bar or UD Electric in my life (just yet).

Which brings me to Lorac Pro, with 27 assorted palettes I still reach for this as I find it unique enough on its own to want to use quite often.

I'm NC15 mostly, maybe a little lighter in winter so mainly enjoy using the lighter colours in the palette but find the darker colours make the best eye liners and go on so well with a tapered skinny brush.

My favourite combo at the moment is Lt Pink. Champagne. Bronze. a dab of Gold. Mauve in the outer V and Taupe in the crease - so pretty. The colours blend beautifully and have a satiny look when applied. Garnet is a gorgeous reddy brown and not a colour I have in any other neutral palettes - Naked 1, 2, 3 and TF Natural Eye - so think this palette was worth the spend for me and have enjoyed using the bonus eye primer which seems to perform well.

Cons for me: The eyeshadows are dusty and prone to fallout. I always apply concealer under the eyes, but do my eyes before foundation and use a big brush to flick off fallout - I find the "set" concealer stops the dusty fallout from sticking to my skin.

Price: In NZ all higher end makeup is expensive. The cheapest I could find this palette was on thenile.co.nz for $88.99 NZD - free shipping, but as it shipped from Lorac in the US it did take about 3 - 4 weeks which I didn't mind as was happy to be adding this to my stash and getting the genuine product. Hope this might help any NZ or Aussie girls wanting this.