LORAC PRO Palette

4.5

on 11/18/2014 9:29:00 PM

Top quality shadows. I think the colors in this palette are all beautiful and very well chosen. Excellent that there is a row of matte and a row of shimmer. So, the combination of the colors and the finishes gives you countless options for looks. Again, the quality is simply amazing.

If I had to choose just one palette, it would most likely be this one.

on 10/30/2014 9:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have pined after this for a few years, but it's not available in Australia, so when I found it on Amazon with shipping to Australia for $42 (plus shipping) I couldn't resist. It's so beautiful, a little goes a long way, the shadows are buttery and not chalky. They're easy to blend and I love that there are 50% matte shades. The shimmer shades are lovely they're wearable shimmers, not glittery in your face ones that are apparent in other popular palettes. The shades work together wonderfully so no matter your make up skill level you could use this no worries. The bonus eye shadow primer is great too, my shadow stayed fresh looking until it was time to remove it at bedtime. Side note if you buy off Amazon- their packaging for postage is poor I've heard many reports of broken palettes bring received. Mine was okay, but just so you know.

on 10/28/2014 5:52:00 AM

Loving this palette so much! So many beautiful neutral shades, to make so many different eye looks with, perfect for travelling if you don't want to take multiple eyeshadows with you. I was drawn to this palette because of the even distribution of matte and shimmery eyeshadows within the palette, I wish more palettes had more matte shadows within them like this one. The versatility of this palette in my opinion makes it a must have within any collection regardless of the size. My only criticisms of this palette are the packaging which becomes dirty very easily, and eventually look scuffed and cheapening the palette, also the price available to Australian market is ridiculous in comparison to other markets, but regardless I am glad that I purchased this item, and is defiantly worth it. After this purchase I shall be attempting to get my little paws on the Lorac Pro Mega palette!

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I really like it, I never really owned anything high end (and this IS high end for me) except small UD pallete and I really love this one. Use it every day, the colors are beautiful and a little goes a long way.

on 10/15/2014 11:03:00 PM

This is a great everyday staple begginer's pallete. The colors are beautiful and have a decent pay off.

on 10/15/2014 5:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I'm surprised that this palette isn't getting a lot more love!

I've the Naked 3 palette, but actually prefer this over the Naked 3. In terms of color variety, this palette actually has lovely mid tone shades like bronze, gold, garnet (hello, lovely!) and slate, with almost double the number of matte shades compared to any of the Naked palettes.

My only gripes are: yes, the packaging is a fingerprint magnet and doesn't feel as durable as Urban Decay's tin boxes. Yes, the white shadow on top left corner is actually shimmery and not matte. And yes, I wish the lighter shades (pink and champagne) were actually dark enough to show up as actual colors instead of all looking like cream shadows on anyone except the palest gals out there.

But really, all these do NOT stop me from enjoying these shadows- good color variety, high pigmentation, buttery feel, long-lasting especially with the primer on. Will I repurchase? Yes please!

on 10/12/2014 1:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I love the colors in this palette! It consists of a lot of matte colors which I like! The color pay off is amazing! And it stays put all day. I have really oily skin and I don't even have to use a primer on my eyelids, it stays put all day anyway. I like the packaging, it's thin and smaller than my naked-palettes so I think it's a great go to palette for when you travel. However, the price is a bit to steep for my taste. I wish it was a bit cheaper. Though I'll probably end up buying it again, if and when, I run out.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I use this pallete bascially everyday. I love all the shades, they are all very wearable for my skintone. (NC10/15 dark brunette hair, hazel eyes)

I've never experienced any negitive blendability issues that some of the other reviewers commented on. These shadows blend beautifully for me with very little fallout (except for Nude and Champagne.. I get some fallout with those but it's not terrible)
Other palettes do not compare in versatility of shades and the buttery consistancy of the shadows. Highly recommend!

on 9/28/2014 12:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Neutral

If by some tragic twist of fate I could only use one eyeshadow palette for the rest of my life, the Lorac Pro would be my choice hands down. Lorac eyeshadow are my gold standard when it comes to formulation. They are buttery, pigmented, blendeable perfection. Every time I use this palette I forget how pigmented the shades are and I end up with too much product on my brush just by tapping it in the pan once. Yes, they're that good

As for the shade selection, the top row is all matte and the bottom row contains frosts, metallics, and shimmers. This allows for endless combinations. Sure, they aren't the most exciting colors in the world but they are all extremely wearable. You can use the lights for a day-to-day look or incorporate some of the darker colors for more dramatic looks. Personally, I think taupe+sable+espresso+black is the perfect combination for a classic smokey eye.

Even though this is my favorite palette, I do have to mention a few cons. After all, nothing is perfect. While the packaging is very sleek and lightweight, the cardboard allows for a lot of smudging to show. Not a big deal, but it is kind of annoying. And even though the shadows are amazing, there is one weak link: champagne. There is virtually no difference between champagne and nude except for the fact that champagne is a glittery mess. However, I can overlook this because the rest of the shadows are perfection.

Overall, I'd say the Lorac Pro Palette is a must have. Holy grail. Desert island. To die for. Buy it. Like now.

on 9/25/2014 7:42:00 AM

The palette is over hyped. I really wanted to try lorac pro palette 1, but I had to pay a ridiculous price! It isn't all that, but I will say the shadows are so soft and blendable if you have the right brush, the application will be better.. The compact gets very dirty and its very easy for the inside palette to get dirty too. I had a hard time finding this in the uk, one seller online sent me a fake lorac 2 @ I had to return it, so for those who live in uk be careful wher u buy this from. Its a huge disappointment lorac is not in the uk. It should be selling in places like debhanams or house of fraser! However I don't think il buy this again as the prices are ridiculous everywhere and not easy to find in uk. I kind of like the palette but I definitely would not buy again as you can easily get neutral colours from other brands. I really wanted to see what all the hype was about. Out of the palette I like garnet which is one unique shade, nude and mauve. This is sooo over hyped on yt too! There basically just simple nude colours, I prefer the balm nude tude palette, too faced chocolate palette and urban decay 1 palette much more then the lorac 1 palette.

Popular Palettes