August 28, 2014 | 1768 users online

Palettes - LORAC - PRO Palette

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2014 2:13:00 PM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Great quality, amazing colors, love it. One of my favorites.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2014 6:54:00 AM More reviews by nickys79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

There are only 2 palettes I take when travelling, too face Natural eye and this one... and I have a HEFTY selection of palettes, I would have to say this one is my favourite, amazing pigmentation, buttery, blendable and can create many looks, I love LORAC eyeshadows, buy this now!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2014 5:10:00 PM More reviews by glendaly22

I love this palette! nice variety of colors from warm to cool, from shimmery to matte. Everything you need for a simple to a dramatic look...this is why this has been the palette that ive taken with me on all of my trips. The only thing is that some of them are so soft and buttery that they cracked when traveling... Nothing serious though

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2014 4:48:00 PM More reviews by Shellikins

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I like this palette a lot, and will always be grateful that I got it, because it lead me to the Unzipped palette, which is my be all, end all for eyeshadows at the moment. Lots of pretty colors, but I tend to stay near the neutral end, as I need to keep it pretty low key by day, and live in a town much like Mayberry, so there aren't a lot of reasons/opportunities to do a big dramatic night time eye.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2014 5:37:00 PM More reviews by malibu64

This is one of the best palettes out there for both the shadow quality and the range of colors. I have not found one that compares. The mixture of mattes and shimmers make this a palette that you will find yourself using day after day, while your sparklebomb Naked palette gathers dust.

For people complaining about fallout - with ANY high quality darker shadow, you have to be really careful when applying or it will get all over your face! I've tried SO many shadows, and this formula is anything but fallout-prone. I normally give people the benefit of the doubt but I just can't agree that fallout is an issue.

If you're thinking about getting this one, don't hesitate! At $42 it is really a steal. Think about how many crappy drugstore quads you've bought for $5-10 over the years - with this palette you'll never go back to the low-end stuff.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2014 7:43:00 PM More reviews by mellypmakeup

Carrying 16 shadows 8 matte and 8 shimmer, this palette has to be the most convenient palette I have ever owned. The quality of these shadows are very good. You don't need much product to get what you see in the pan. You can easily make endless eye looks of sultry smokey to subtle to glamorous all from this one palette. The sleek black packaging is also a plus. it fits practically everywhere. Oh and How could I forget the huge deluxe "sample" size of the Behind the Scenes eye primer... Awesome product all on it's own.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2014 7:19:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm a palette junky so I was very happy to add this to my collection. First I love how thin the packaging is. It's very sleek and small for the amount of shadows you get. Plus the price point on this is very reasonable for 16 shadows. The colours have a wonderful buttery texture and are on par with my Urban Decay shadows and palettes so I am very happy with this!

Some of my favorite shades are:

Cream~ Awesome cool toned lid base or brow bone highlight.

Nude~ Amazing shimmer to me looks great in the corner of the eye. Or I like to do half this and a darker colour on my lid. It totally opens up your eyes with a nice crease colour like Mauve for example. Also I read this is an excellent dupe for Urban Decays Sin.

Deep Purple~ Goes great on the lid with Mauve in the crease add Nude on one half of the lid with Deep Purple on the other. Then Cream on the brow bone with Champagne and you have a total eye look that's very wearable.

Mauve~ Excellent crease shade and goes well with my Naked3 palette. Very soft and blends out very well. You can add a little Champagne if it looks to flat I find. Also this is a perfect dupe for Nooner from Naked3 just a tad lighter.

Taupe~ Great neutral and can be worn on the lid or crease. Leans cool and is very soft and easy to blend.

Lt.Pink~ Great lid colour with Taupe and goes with so many other shades in this.

I am very happy with this palette and I like the primer that came with it as well. The case is so easy to carry and you can do almost any look you want. 8 shimmers and 8 Mattes was such a great idea as I am guilty of owning a ton of shimmers so it's nice to have more mattes in my collection;) This is a great palette for the price and I am excited to try more things from LORAC.

I would recommend this to any girl who wants a nice array of eyeshadows to work with that you can use daily and you can make nice looks for going out as well. It truly is a multipurpose gem to me. I'm very satisfied and would repurchase if I ever ran out but the quality is so high you really don't need a lot of product at all. I am really loving this and would totally say get this if you haven't. It is totally worth it. Everything goes together so nicely and the thin case I love. Great purchase and highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2014 6:18:00 PM More reviews by KenzieKatherine92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is literally the best palette I own (out of about 4 or 5). First let's start with the packaging: all black, matte-material and a magnetic closure. Not crazy about the material as it does get really dirty very easily (compare to NARS packaging, if you own NARS products you'll understand). But on to the product, the shadows are AMAZING. You get 16 shades (8 matte shadows, 8 shimmer shadows). The formulation of the shadows is so smooth and silky on the eyelids, not to mention super pigmented. I don't really experience any fallout issues personally, so this is great for me. The shadows are such a good color range(from light matte and shimmery highlights to great neutral browns for crease to darker intense shimmers). Overall, great palette and I would so repurchase but it'll take me forever to use it up!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2014 9:40:00 PM More reviews by brassovaries

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm not usually compelled to write a review unless I think something hasn't gotten a lot of coverage or I feel strongly one way or another. This.....it just frustrates me.

It was after many months and reading TONS of positive reviews that I finally purchased this palette in hopes of finding one that could be my go-to travel set, instead of a half-dozen quads. I was doubly excited because my Ulta had the only one in town, and they were sold out everywhere else.

In theory, the concept of this palette is fantastic: A whole range of colors in various intensities, with both matte and shimmer options. How can you go wrong with the color choices? You can't, I think they cover all the bases for what one would need for an all-in one palette, and they appear to be dupes of many of my favorite high-end shadows. The Gold, Pewter, and Slate shades are absolute stunners!

However, either I'm a complete imbecile when it comes to shadow application or I'm just picky (or both), but I just can't make this work for me. It's not the colors or the matte vs. shimmer, it's the unfreakingbelievably crappy fallout, and weird adhesion to my lids that is making me put it back in my makeup bag and reach for something else.

Some specifics:
-The lighter matte shades go on buttery smooth and have great coverage, but even on my light (NC-25-ish) skin they look chalky.

-The darker matte shades have TONS of fallout, and I have a real problem blending them. If I tap the brush to get rid of excess shadow, there isn't much left, and I can't get a decent intensity.

-In addition to the fallout, mostly from the medium-dark matte shades, once the stuff attaches to your skin (under the eyes, of course), it is practically impossible to get off without a makeup remover, so I'd have to do my eyes first, which I usually do anyway, but I can't even blend this stuff off with fdn or a brush, I have to actually use remover. The same goes for when I apply these shades to the crease - they apply rather unevenly, and once on, just cannot be blended or cleaned up without a lot of effort or remover.

I've played with all sorts of combinations, ALWAYS use the NARS primer, use very high quality brushes, and the same general techniques as for the likes of Tom Ford and CdP (my staples), and every time I try this LORAC palette it looks "muddy", and that it STILL needs blending and cleaning up, and I just don't have that kind of time.

I don't want to have to WORK to make my makeup work.....

I'm going to skip a review of the packaging (typical LORAC short-sightedness) since it's been covered before, and it isn't half as important to me as the actual product and product delivery.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2014 12:14:00 AM More reviews by rosaschnee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I received this pallete as a gift for my birthday after hearing so much about it on YouTube.
I have to say it does live up to it's reputation. The shawdows are some of the most buttery on the market. I own the UD Nakes palletes 1 and 2 and a few MAC shawdows, and I must say this one is way more buttery than the UD shadows.

The colour selection and colour payoff is wonderful like all the other reviews have mentioned before me.

However, I'm not sure if it's just me, but I don't like the packaging. The main reason is due to fallout. The shadows are buttery, but they do tend to fall out a bit. I like to do my make up in bed, and I started to notice my sheets were stained with black shadow. I realised that the black shadow had somehow trasnferred from the cardboard pallete onto my sheets and pretty much anything I put it on top of. These days, I set it on top of a magazine or dark towel so it won't stain anything.

I think the pallete should be in a better quality cardboard, for example UD, or even better a better casing like the UD Naked 2. It reduces the mess from the fall out. I would love to take this pallete with me on holidays but I don't think I will because I don't want the shadows to crumble in my bag and get shadows everywhere.

Other than the packaging, I love the pallete, colour and quality.