December 22, 2014 | 1060 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Rebel Lipstick

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2013 2:25:00 PM More reviews by iluvsushi

I absolutely love MAC lipsticks as they have a variety of shades to suit all skin tones. Plus they have many different finishes. I prefer their satin and amplified finishes as I have very dry lips but I do like their lustre finishes as they are more glossy. I was on the hunt for a purple/plummy toned berry lipstick that complimented my complexion so I thought 'Rebel' would be a good choice. The colour payoff is excellent. The lipstick itself is quite darker in shade but when you swatch it, it is a warm plummy/fuchsia berry colour. What I love about this lipstick is that you can change to undertone of the colour, e.g. a deep wine red for a bold vampy cranberry look or a warmer magenta red for a bright pop of colour. I have done both in the past and it really puts the makeup look together with a simple winged/cat-eye look. Since this colour is more of a statement shade, I prefer to wear this on nights out or special occasions. 'Rebel' is a satin finish so it's semi-matte but doesn't make my lips look dry/flaky. The lipstick usually lasts longer since it's a darker shade and providing I use a lipliner underneath. It does face slightly when I'm eating however it leaves a lip stain so it's more forgiving. I don't mind re-applying it again as I'm obsessed with this colour! It's a great lipstick shade for the autumn/fall and winter seasons. I have quite a collection of MAC lipsticks and. They keep bumpin' up the prices each year but I'd happily continue to buy more shades in the future. A very good quality lipstick and worth every penny. I can't highly recommend this enough! Hope this review helps :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2013 8:55:00 PM More reviews by Alimulc4

This lipstick is so sexy and unique! It makes my blue eyes stand out which I love.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2013 7:10:00 PM More reviews by arpinoj

This color is adorable :) MAC lipsticks are always great especially since they stay on so long.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2013 12:44:00 AM More reviews by prettygirlmo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm building my MAC lipstick collection, and I had to have this color! I absolutely love it! It's a deep, vibrant plummy/pink shade that can give you that vampy look, but it's also a color thats perfect for fall or winter. It does leave a stain on the lips, but that doesn't bother me. It has a Satin finish, which are my favorite because they are very pigmented, fully opaque, apply smoothly, are long lasting. Satin's have a matte looking finish, but with a slight sheen so they don't look too flat. This is one of the creamier Satin's IMO. I think this shade would look good on all skin tones if you like bright colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2013 1:10:00 AM More reviews by pink_daze

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The sexiest, richest fall lip I've ever found. I love it so!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2013 1:02:00 AM More reviews by maldiveslover

This color is amazing. During the day I wear it alone and it is a deep fuchsia color. At night I wear it with MAC's lip pencil in Vino which add a deep burgundy tinge to it. Every time I wear it I get at least one compliment. One of my friends said I should wear it 24/7 lol. Any darker than this would be too vampy/gothic looking.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2013 12:03:00 PM More reviews by ferrery

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

rebel is a beautiful, bold berrry/purpleish lipstick. it's unique and with any bold lip, i think u need the confidence to wear with it ;) every time i wear it, i'm asked by friends and by strangers what lipstick i'm wearing on my lips or what brand it is. it has great lasting power with a lipliner underneath it. i gave it a 4/5 bc i find mac lipsticks a little drying on the lips, so definitely apply this lipstick with moisturized lips. even better, use a lip scrub prior to wearing rebel, then a light lip balm, then lipliner, then rebel haha. there are times i don't use a lip scrub before rebel, and throughout the day it dries out my lipstick and it gets patchy and really noticable. NOT CUTE. other than that, fabulous lipstick.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2013 6:45:00 PM More reviews by aimeeelizabeth

So for a lipstick I thought it was sorta expensive and packaging is a bit plain but it's completely worth it. The color is great and it doesn't give you chapped lips like other products ive tried. I absolutely love this color and wear it all the time!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2013 4:46:00 AM More reviews by selenium89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Got this through the Back2Mac program.
Australia has changed their Back2Mac protocol, now you can only choose from the top 20 lipsticks. When I heard this I was disappointed as I already had quite a few of the lipsticks from that range, however, my eye hovered over to 'Rebel' and at first I was doubtful as the colour is so DARK in the tube! Don't let appearances fool you, this lipstick is a lovely berry/fuchsia and is a lot lighter on the lips. I own Dior's mysterious mauve and I was afraid that it would be too similar but it wasn't at all. The colour is neither purple nor pink it's something in between and it is exquisite! I have nothing like this lipstick in my collection and I think it would suit a range of skin tones. I have NC15 skin, reddish hair and hazel eyes and this colour just pops on me! The finish is lovely too. Rebel is a satin finish so if you are a fan of the matte and amplified finishes then perhaps you'd like this finish too.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2013 3:45:00 AM More reviews by dayangmahanij

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I got this as my birthday present from a friend of mine. This is such a gorgeous deep plum lipstick. If i dab it lightly on my lips it will appear more pink (deep pink) and this is the colour looks like when it wears off. It leaves a nice pinkish stain. I got a lot of compliments when I wear this.