August 30, 2014 | 1136 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Satin Lipstick - MAC Red

rated 3 of 5 on 2/19/2011 4:26:00 PM More reviews by danamarie11740

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was looking for a red lipstick that didn't leave me looking like I work the street corner. I went to my local MAC counter and asked the S/A which one she would recommend for my NW20 skin tone. I explained my situation to her, that I've tried other brands of lipstick and many of them were either "hooker/clown red", or looked red in the tube but upon application was more magenta. She suggested that I try this. I had her apply it at the store and wasn't sure whether or not I liked it. So I bought it and tried it at home in different lighting. I wasn't in love with the way that it looked, mainly because it had an orangey tint to it? (or maybe it's just me). So sadly, I returned it and asked for Russian Red, of which they were out of.

I found one that I do like, and is cheaper, but I'm the type that can never have just one of something (which may explain why I'm lacking in the financial department).

I hope this helps any one who isn't sure of whether or not to purchase this!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2011 9:31:00 AM More reviews by laiagmartin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Yesterday I tried it for my first time and it stayed on really good but after a few hours it did show some red peels over my lower lip. Perhaps next time I should hydrate more my lips (they were a bit dry and peeled). Nevertheless, cool lipstick!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2010 11:18:00 AM More reviews by LadyMorrigan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I became a real MAC addict since today! bought it and i like it wayy more then russian red! matches great with MAC'S rougemarie :-D

rated 2 of 5 on 10/23/2010 10:36:00 PM More reviews by menatasha

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is such a beautiful color, and it stays on FOREVER! But in the end it was just too drying on my lips.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2010 9:44:00 PM More reviews by Mandibulo

This is seriously red. Like, red all the way. It's not an orange red, or a yellow red, or a burgundy red, or a wine red, or a brown red, or a plummy read, or a blue red. Ok, you know how when you see a naked person you're like "wow, they're naked"? This is how surprisingly and even shockingly red this is. And satiny/glossy as well. Not for everyday use (for me at least), but boy will this shout out "look at me, I'm stark naked!" - I mean, stark red. Damn, that's what they should have named it.

15 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2010 1:52:00 AM More reviews by MaliceInMakeupLand

My HG red, I have Russian red but its too drying on my lips. This not as dry as Russian red and it has more of a pink undertone and nice sheen compared to Russian red and is more flattering on me compared to Russian red. Mac red works well with my mixed Chinese and European light/olive skin and jet black hair. Only thing is it expensive at $36 Australian a pop. Ladies be warned u need a good quality lip brush to apply unless u are very good at applying lipstick straight from the tube, I have the Mac 316 lip brush however it isn't as good as my liner brush that is made in Australia.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2010 11:29:00 PM More reviews by Crystalskull

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My first red lipstick and my favourite! NC10-15 and I feel like a pin-up model in this! doesn't bleed or cry out my lips. It is very intense with my pale skin so I don't use this for every day wear. I love it. Total sex-pot lipstick

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2010 1:37:00 PM More reviews by rachelanneb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My HG red lip! This is a quite lovely blue based red with a pinkish berry undertone. It work fabulously with my pale skin with pink undertones. It looked pretty much the same as MAC's Ruby Woo, but this is not nearly as drying- and the finish is not quite as matte as Ruby Woo. The SA pointed me to this as a dupe for Ruby Woo without the drying side effects.

This color would be best for cool toned gals. Here's how to tell if you are cool VS warm: Cool is for those with pinkish or soft red undertones. Hair color can range from black to dark red to platinum blonde. Eye color is usually light as in blue or green. If you are African American, then your eye color will be very dark brown, almost black. Cools usually burn first and may take along time to achieve a tan. Quite a few won’t tan at all. If you look at the veins on the underside of your arm, they will appear bluish. Cool skin tones look better in silver jewelry, white instead of ivory and bolder colors close to their face. Warm is for skin tones with a yellow, ruddy or peachy complexion. Hair color can range from dark brown to dark blonde to dark auburn. Eye color is usually brown, hazel, or darker blue. This skin tone tans well and usually does not burn. If you look at the underside of your arm, your veins may have a slight greenish tint if you can even see them at all. You look better in warmer colors, gold jewelry, and ivory instead of white. *credit goes to Everyday Minerals for this explanation.

my steps to rock a red lip: lightly exfoliate--->condition--->powder lips with blot powder--->line lips with red line--->fill in lips with lipstick and GO!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2010 2:54:00 PM More reviews by Phanatical28

An absolutely beautiful Latina friend of mine always wears red lipstick, and it looks so glam and timeless. I love red lips, but all my reds were far too dark for a nice, bright daytime look. MAC Red, however, is that great red! It's satiny, a hint of glossy, and doesn't dry my lips. Paired with Cherry liner (MAC) under it as well as LipVenom Primer (DuWop), it lasts and lasts. It never bleeds on me, and always looks fresh. Applying it from the tube is also easy. Sometimes I like to forgo liner for a bit more of a casual, messier look and simply smudge the edges with my finger to create a blurry, lush lip. My lips are already very full, and this just makes them work past their potential. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2010 3:24:00 PM More reviews by FeistyGal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Love, love, love the colour. Still yet to find a red with staying power tho :-( My hubby is a lover of red lips and is not shy about telling me when I need a touch up (he calls it border control). Full day out on Saturday with drinks and food and border control was called thrice. That's the average for chemist bought lip stick - I'd expect a bit more from MAC. But the colour is truly delicious!