Dior Diorskin Nude Skin-Glowing Makeup SPF 15

3.8

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate (3.00%), Titanium Dioxide (4.35%); Other Ingredients: Water, Methyl Trimethicone, Alcohol, Phenyl Trimethicone, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Isododecane, Acrylates/Dimethicone Copolymer, Diphenyl Dimethicone/Vinyl Diphenyl Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Cross Polymer, Isododecane, Dimethiconol/Methylsilanol/Silicate Cross Polymer, Stearic Acid, Mica, Phenoxyethanol, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Alumina, Aluminum Hydroxide, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Glyceryl Undecyl Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, VP/VA Copolymer, Silica Silylate, Silica, Propylene Carbonate, Fragrance, Dimethicone, BHT, Dimethicone/Methicone Copolymer, Sericin, Linalool, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methyl Propional, Glycerin, Hibiscus Sabdariffa Flower Extract, Rhodochrosite Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Hydrolyzed Linseed Extract, Citronellol Balanites, Roxburghi Seed Oil, Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Sorbic Acid, Ajuga Turkestanica Extract. May Contain: Bismuth Oxychloride, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide

on 1/31/2013 7:31:00 AM

This foundation gives a very lovely finish and is good for your skin. It gives little glowy, healthy finish but not greasy. Works great on my combo/dry skin. I love to use this when I have important events or when I go out at night.medium, buildable coverage. doesnt look cakey at all

Cons: the lasting power could be better.

on 1/27/2013 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

It's been years since I last used a liquid foundation, and even back then I didn't end up using up the entire bottle.

I was getting frustrated with my powder foundation (Clinique super balanced makeup), so after hearing so many good things about it, I decided to give it a try, and I'm happy I did.

I use this after applying Guerlain's meteorites primer with a foundation brush. It spreads smoothly and blends well. However, it dries quickly too, so blending must be done quickly before the streaks set.

It gives my face a smoother look, and minimises the appearance of pores. I set this with Guerlain meteorites compact, and finish with Guerlain meteorites pearls for a healthy, luminous matte finish. The SPF 15 is a welcome benefit too.

I have normal/combination skin, and this didn't give me skin problems or breakouts.

Like most French makeup, it is a bit perfumed, but disappears right after application.

Also, this formulation has a bit of alcohol in it too, which may not sit well with some people.

This could pass off as my regular foundation, but I would like to try other brands before I decide.

on 1/25/2013 4:14:00 PM

At first when I received this item to be put into my kit I thought hmm not worthy! However, after a few months of it sitting in my makeup shelf graveyard I decided to give it another try since I had 6 colors to play with, I really didn't want to waste them.

I LOVE THIS FOUNDATION! I don't know if I ate something bad or was drunk or what, but this foundation is just amazing. Sheer but just enough color to keep my skin looking real while hiding the imperfections.

The light fragrance in the product is divine, I keep sniffing my fingers when I apply. It is a very clean, fresh scent similar to the way their skincare line smells.

The only drawback for me is the container. I'm sure everyone loves it because it feels very luxurious due to the container being made out of heavy glass. It is not very practical for me to carry it around in my kit. I'm sure I'll get over it though. I love the formulation too much.

I really regret not including this in my kit at first try because now I am so obsessed with it. LOVE!!!!

on 1/23/2013 2:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I love love LOVE this foundation. I don't usually use a light foundation but when I do, I reach for this one. It sets semi-matte and lasts all day long. It looks incredibly like skin. I also like that it is a pump applicator. The smell, like other high end products, smells wonderful. I love it!

I have been wearing this for a few months but I have mixed feelings about it - it is a good foundation but it sometimes feels dry. I now realise that if I am having a dry spell with my skin, this is not the foundation to go to. However, when my skin is more hydrated , this foundation feels and looks great. I got in 23 and the color is fine for me, a Bobbi Brown beige 3. Update: Aug 2013: I find myself using this less everyday. It just doesnt give me A+ results , I would reccommend going for Chanel Perfection lumiere - same price range , better results.

on 12/31/2012 9:11:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

This review is for the new formulation from 2012 for Diorskin Nude foundation. I would call this coverage medium, and with a demi matte finish. The original formulation was definitely more dewy than the new version. By itself, it stays nice on me for about 8 hours before I start noticing patchy fading. If I need it to last longer, I set it with powder. I wear the color 010 which is a good match for me at N/NW15. It applies well with fingers, brushes and sponges, and I use all three ways depending on how heavy I want the coverage. I find that although this product has fragrance, it doesn't bother me or cause breakouts. Overall I would definitely repurchase this again, especially because it's so hard to find good matches! Expensive but worth it for me.

on 12/31/2012 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I was searching for a cream foundation, when the CD rep recommended this. It looked awesome on her, but I wanted to check MUA reviews. When I saw the 89% would purchase again, I knew it would be awesome. Nordstrom was out of #22, but Sephora had it. OMG, I love this stuff. I only wore it for a day, so we will see. I am praying my skin reacts favorably, it is usually very nice and clear. I will update in a few days. But so far, this stuff is great. UPDATE: This is way too drying for my over 55 skin. I used to be oily, now not so much. The search continues.

on 12/26/2012 5:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

MY HG FOUNDATION FOREVER AND EVER AND EVER :')

Pros:
1- Controls oil extremely well!
2-Consistency is smooth!
3-The finish is like you're wearing new baby skin! It's GORGEOUS and glowing.
4-The bottle is pretty classy :p
5-The shade range is AMAZING. If you're clever in choosing shades, you can't go wrong!
6-The finish is velvety, smooth, semi-matte with a glowing overall appearance.
7- Stays on ALL DAY. I mean it. ( I do set it with Maybelline dream matte powder, but that's it, nothing more!)

Cons:
1- It dries pretty quickly so you MUST blend FAST.
2- Extremely pricey! I had taken this from mommy cause she doesn't use it and she told me how much it cost and I freaked! (BUT, worth it!)

The end :) Hope I helped!

on 12/23/2012 7:22:00 PM

PROS: Med. to full coverage that leaves my skin between matte and satin. Not the worst I've tried for settling into wrinkles and pores. Stays on me pretty well.

CONS: Beautiful packaging, but you can't tell when it will be empty. Settles in my lines more than the alternates below. Perfumey fragrance, but it's not real strong.

APPLICATION TIPS: If worried about pores or wanting this to last longer, pat a primer like L'Oreal's Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting base into the pores. But let it "set" for at least a minute before applying the foundation.

REMOVAL TIPS: If you are prone to clogged pores, you will probably want to remove this with a cleansing oil before your regular cleanser (I like to use jojoba oil before Olay sensitive skin wash.)

ALTERNATES: D/S - L'oreal Visible Lift Serum Absolute foundation is a bit better in wrinkles. For H/E and dewy, I absolutely adore MAC's tinted moisturizer, which is the best thing for not making my wrinkles look worse, out of 35 foundations I've tried.. But the concealer version of this is quite hydrating and very buildable and good for my wrinkled skin.

on 12/16/2012 3:55:00 PM

I'm going to be the lone dissenter here but this imo isn't so great in fact I've had drug store foundations that were better. This just looks flat on the skin and has a sort of powdery finish. Also it feels tight on the skin dispite using a good moisturizer. Taking my bottle back for a refund!