MAC Matte - Saddle

4.8

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol [ /- Silica, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Blue 1 Lake, Carmine, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Chromium Oxide Greens, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Manganese Violet, Red 40 Lake, Ultramarines, Yellow 5 Lake]

on 5/6/2010 4:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

My first eyeshadow purchase from MAC and I am not disappointed! I usually skip eyeshadow and just wear eyeliner but this is so beautiful, brings out the colour of my brown eyes and generally makes my face appear warmer, I am a NC30 Asian and think this would suit all skin tones.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I saw so many good reviews for Saddle here on MUA. I set off to the MAC store to acquire one and hesitated when I saw the shade IRL. Instead of shying away I remembered all of the positive reviews and purchased it anyway. I am so happy I listened to MUA!

I will admit I was afraid of what it would look like on my eyes since the reviews for this shade span different skin tones. On me, this is a medium toned brown with enough terra cotta like tones to warm up my eyes. I wore this on the crease and under my lash line and I love how it looks. The color blended flawlessly over UDPP and a light layer of Orb all over. To deepen the intesity I placed carbon over the outer edge and the result was great - no muddiness and no need to apply and reapply to get pigmentation to show. All in all, this is a great brown for sculpting and contouring for a warm brown look. I would avoid if you are too cool though because this shade is very warm.

Looks gorgeous as a crease color with Ricepaper on the lid.

on 5/2/2010 12:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I use this and/or Texture in my crease almost every day. It is the perfect background color for my NW43 skin. It looks very bland in the pan, so is easy to pass on. However, once you start using it you will wonder how did you ever blend colors without it. Saddle is one color that will always be in my MAC brown eyeshadow palette.

on 4/29/2010 1:56:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

This is a great neutral matte brown that i wear on a daily basis alone or combined with club eyeshadow on the crease...very pretty! Whenever I get lazy and don't feel like doing much i just sweep this on my lids put mascara and am ready to go. This is always in my make up bag with me...my go to eyeshadow for everything! love it!

on 4/18/2010 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am NC 25 and this is my favourite neutral

the reddish brown works perfectly on my skin and really enhaces the natural color of my eyelids- it looks very natural! This alone with dipdown and coasta riche liner are my goto for warm, invisible looking makeup

NOTE I do have black hair and dark eyes and while I know I can pull off black without it being too harsh, i do really recommend this for all light-medium toned people with all kinds of features for a defined, soft natural look. If you are darker skinned or black, this wont be for you most likely.

I use this with an extremely light hand yet it still lasts all day when lightly dusted on my crease with a rounded fluffy brush

I have used this for months and it looks brand new- I will probably have this for YEARS of daily use

on 4/15/2010 8:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Lots of NC30+ have been saying that this is a HG color for them but I'm just chiming in too say that this works beautifully on my yellow toned NC20 skin...nice smoky brown that gives me a soft smoldery eye. Love it and the peachy orange tones in the shadow make my green eyes pop!!

on 4/9/2010 9:11:00 PM

I use this almost every day. It is the perfect all-over lid color for my NW 45 skin. Sometimes I use something in the crease, sometimes I use a liner but this shadow is usually my starting point.

on 3/17/2010 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really like this color (especially in the crease). At least for me anyway. I'm fairly pale with hazel eyes. It seems to make them pop a little more. The color is very warm & looks kind of like a matte version of Texture (one of my other favorites for a crease color). Will definitely repurchase.

on 3/3/2010 4:40:00 PM

I love Saddle.. for me, it's the perfect blending color (I am NC35). I use it in almost every look for blending the crease out.. for a super easy smokey look, i apply a medium/dark color on the lid (like MAC Humid, a bronze, etc) then blend it out.. it's perfect!

on 2/18/2010 10:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

NW43/Black hair/Brown Eyes

Saddle is not the most exciting colour but it is the perfect 'my skin tone' colour for me.

The possibilities are therefore endless. I could use it as my 'my lids but better' colour when I am going for a neutral eye. I can use it as a base under other e/s. I can use it to blend out smoky eyes and I can use it to correct mistakes.

It is very pigmented and easy to use.

A great purchase for anyone around my skin tone.