July 30, 2014 | 1886 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Ultra Gentle Foaming Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 on 2/27/2013 6:49:00 PM More reviews by nikrou

I'm bummed about this one guys. I saw the ad for this stuff in the summertime while looking through a magazine and that I would give it a shot. I typically use and am very loyal to Yes to Cucumbers Gentle Foaming Facial Wash. I came across it at a ross for cheap and have been using it ever since. I hardly get break outs and I definitely due owe it to Yes to Cucumbers. But with that said, I was really on the hunt for something new, cheaper and larger. Yes to Cumbers is 8bucks and about half the size of Neutrogena's Ultra Gentle face wash... mind you Neutrogena's is 10bucks and double the size. It just seemed right. So I went right a head and bought it. I even bought it Neutrogena Pore Refining Cleanser (the newly formulated one without the beads) since it was a buy one get one 50% off.

So let's cut to the core. Firstly, I dont understand how people can make a product for sensitive skin with it contains fragrance. The fragrance alone is enough to irritate skin. With that said, my area around my mouth all the way to my chin looked crazy after I washed my face with this stuff. This has happened to me before with face wash but because I have using Yes to Cucumbers for so long I just wasn't ready for the come back. I'm pretty sure my Yes to Cucumbers has fragrance (sure of it actually) but they do a pretty good job at keeping all of their products paraban free and all natural. So whatever fragrance YTC uses, it's at least better than Neutro.

This was a bummer because I really wan't to like it but I can't bare to use my face as a Guinea Pig for this stuff. It's a huge bottle and one that I'm sure would last me forever but I will stick to paying 8 bucks for 3.4 FL OZ than 10 bucks for 12 FL OZ. I personally don't have the time to wait for my face to go back to normal.

I see A LOT of others are having a great time with this stuff though. Maybe I will give it about shot when it's warmer.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2013 7:51:00 AM More reviews by WutshudIDO

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have really dry sensitive skin and most Cleansers just strip the moisture out of my skin .
This is Specifically made for people with sensitive skin . I have Rosacea and I wash with this and use cerave moisturizer and it makes my skin soft . It's a big bottle not expensive and a little goes a long way .

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2013 3:33:00 PM More reviews by Gracious_Lady

I have combination skin that prior to accutane had a history of being acne prone. I use a prescription-grade retinol at night for maintenance, so I typically use a milder, gentler cleanser at night given retinol application before bed. For years, Cetaphil for Oily Skin has been my night-time cleanser of choice. Recently however, I just wanted to try something new. Neutrogena products typically have not disappointed me so when I saw this new cleanser, I had to try it. I'm glad I did -- I really like it. It gives me the "foaming action", and leaves my face feeling fresh and clean without even an inkling of a stripped feeling on my skin. I also find it is perfect for after working out ( in between the morning and evening face washing) and because it's pretty gentle on my skin, the extra face washing does not dry me out. It even removes makeup. 5-lippies! This one's a winner

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2013 10:25:00 PM More reviews by elkiddo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm a 'goo hoarder' as I believe Jenna Marbles referred to it whom finds great delight in buying new skin care products and trying them out. Working in retail doesn't help this obsession or my bank account.

So on a typical day of aisle browsing this caught my eye. Therefore I purchased it, took it home, and tried out this magical goo.

It works wonders! One of the best cleansers I've ever hoarded, hands down.

Now I don't wear much make up on a day to day basis because I never really had a knack for putting it on right, so I can't say it does remove makeup well or doesn't. I can however say that after use my skin felt clean, soft, and looked radiant. Even now I still use this cleanser every night before bed to wash off the things I've accumulated on my skin throughout the day. After a month I've decided this is my go to face wash, and this goo hoarder has found a Love in her life she plans to keep around for a while.

However with Love comes complications. The only problem I've had with this wash is that it doesn't really foam. The wash itself tends to run down my arms while I'm using it thus causing me to pump out more. However this is a problem I'm willing to live with.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2013 6:40:00 AM More reviews by Shampooaholic

This is THE best daily cleanser for sensative skin I have ever found! I have EXTREMELY sensative skin. Since I was a teen my skin has been oily some spots, super dry and flaky other spots. I've been using this cleanser everyday for 2 months now and my skin in totally balanced and super soft. I still had breakouts but after the first month of using this and my skin being balanced I have not had a single breakout! It does have a slight fragrance to it but it does not irritate and is nice and light. I LOVE this face wash!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2013 6:08:00 PM More reviews by slug

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My semi-sensitive skin is loving this gentle cleanser. I was not expecting it to be as good as it is. It foams up really well with water and rubbing vigorously between palms. It does a good job cleansing and removing my minimal makeup and doesn't strip my aging combo skin like most foaming cleansers do. Does the job effectively at low cost. Could this actually be my HG cleanser???

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2013 9:10:00 PM More reviews by alcMD2peds

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this -- it cleans well without over-drying. I have sensitive, acne-prone skin and this worked well for me. I like it better than Cerave or Cetaphil.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2013 6:52:00 PM More reviews by Luxorii

Love this! I have been using this for over a week now and I can see an improvement on my skin. I have tried so many different cleansers. I use it both in the morning and at night.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2013 4:04:00 PM More reviews by Tovah

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I ran out of my Neutrogena Grapefruit Oil-Free Acne Wash, and, (silly of me), I asked my 18 year old and 13 year old sons to pick up a new bottle for me, since they were going to Target. I even texted a photo of the product to both of them. Of course, they "couldn't find" what I wanted, but they bought Neutrogena Grapefruit Foaming Scrub, Liquid Neutrogena soap, Neutrogena Cleansing Wipes, and Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Foaming Cleanser...assuming there was something in the bunch that would satisfy my mysterious facial needs. (Turns out I like the Grapefruit Scrub quite a lot. I digress.) Being the new owner of a large bottle of Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Foaming Cleanser, I gave it a try. For me, it's absolutely horrible! Awful! It didn't cleanse my face at all...I could still see blush on my cheeks after a wash! But the worst part is the scent. This is the most highly perfumed face wash I've ever used...and I've used Lancome, Noxzema, you-name-it. I cannot STAND the scent of it - it smells like a heavy version of Arm & Hammer laundry detergent, but I doubt it's that gentle. Even though it didn't clean my face, it made it feel stripped. Since I regularly use Grapefruit Acne wash with salicylic acid and my face never feels stripped, it was disconcerting to have an "ultra gentle" wash make me feel like my skin shrunk. Beware - this is no substitute for any version of Cetaphil.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2013 12:03:00 AM More reviews by sammmmtan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

oh my gosh. This product is godsend. I hate Neutrogena foundations, but this cleanser makes me love them just a little bit. I actually had severe irritation from one of their foundations and I needed a really gentle cleanser. My mom picked this out for me. I was initially hesitant to try this, but it has done nothing but good things for my skin. My cheeks are always red, but for the first time in my whole life (I was kinda allergic to myself when I was a baby...it's a long story), my cheeks are nearly the same color as my face. My skin doesn't feel tight or irritated. Thank goodness.