October 21, 2014 | 1803 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Tarte - Clean Slate Poreless 12 hr Perfecting Primer

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2013 3:16:00 PM More reviews by stilagrrrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was average for me. It does work better than some other primers I've tried and it's definitely better than no primer at all, but for me it still doesn't keep greasiness away as well as YSL Touch Matte or Urban Decay Pore Perfection primer potion. I'll finish this up but won't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2012 2:25:00 PM More reviews by EscalatorKid

I absolutely love this primer. I bought this as a replacement for L'Oreal Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base (which worked well for a while, but I was looking for something better).

I wear Bare Minerals foundation since it's light, not-gunky, and pleasant. I like to feel like I'm wearing as little makeup as possible, but the Prime Time makes me feel greasy after a while.

So, I bought this in a 3-pack kit that also came with the Brightening primer and a small eyelid primer, too. I primarily wanted to try this, and for $9 for 3 samples, I thought it was worth a try. I'm quite happy that I did, too.

It is very, very thick, so it is hard to spread... but the more I've used it, the easier it seems to get to put it on. I just take the pea sized amount in one hand and make little dabs all over my face (not just forehead, cheeks, chin-- but dots all around) so I can spread it more evenly. Not a big deal.

I like the silicone-feeling primers. The Poreless primer feels soft, velvety, and best of all, DRY on my skin. It doesn't feel gross or slimy, and it doesn't feel like lotion. It also doesn't mess with or interact badly with my moisturizer. It goes on in a nice, thin layer.

I do not have (and have never had) cystic acne. I've had a few zits here and there, but as I get older, I have less of a problem. The only real problem I have is during "that time of the month" when my hormones fluctuate, and NOTHING has been able to stop those zits. I just conceal and "roll with it" as best I can.

This primer doesn't seem to cause any problems acne-wise. I have fairly oily skin, especially my forehead and nose (T-zone), but this doesn't seem to hurt my skin. If anything, it makes it look less oily and gross.

I think it works fantastically with Bare Minerals. It definitely works better than their primer, at least for me.

I liked this so much, I bit the bullet and bought the full size. At $30 it is too expensive, but hopefully, I can make it last quite a while.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2012 1:59:00 PM More reviews by galai_curryqueen9830

UGH. This product is like a love-hate relationship!!

I got this as a free sample because I wanted a primer that would make my foundation last longer and would keep my skin matte all day. Keep in mind, I have normal skin on my cheeks and somewhat oily skin on my cheeks, nose and forehead.

When I first applied it, I noticed how THICK the consistency was. A pea-size was more than enough to cover my whole face!
Not only was the consistency super thick, but it was somewhat hard to spread. I spread it with my fingers and seeing how thick it is, a brush would definitely not help.

After applying, my face felt very velvety - a feeling only from silicone primers which I do not mind personally because I normally do not break out from them. I normally do not wear primers on an every day basis, usually only for night outs or when I want to look my best. When I tested this primer out, I had make up on from 11am to 1am so literally, more than 12 hours. Surprisingly, my face stayed pretty matte the whole day. My foundation did not move around nor did it fade. In terms of keeping my foundation looking fresh/matte, this primer did a good job.

HOWEVER. Once I removed my make up, I noticed that I already had 2 cystic acne developing around my jaw line. I knew right away that it was from the primer because the acne was on both sides of my jaw..coincidence? I think not.

This is surprising to me because I normally never break out from silicone primers, even if its only for one long day.
I am disappointed in this because I really had high hopes and because I loved how my foundation looked after a whole day..but unfortunately I will not continue using the sample since I broke out from it

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2012 12:34:00 AM More reviews by Lila84

By far the best primer I've found. Fills in my huge pores and makes my skin look smooth and flawless.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2012 4:08:00 AM More reviews by bellasera973

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This product was really expensive (~$30) but it is AMAZING.

Usually my skin is really shiny after 30 mins - 1 hour after applying makeup, but after using this, my face stayed perfectly matte for about 2 - 3 hours before needing to blot. I couldn't believe it!

Again, it is kind of expensive, but since you only need a tiny amount, this little tube will last a long time.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/9/2012 4:54:00 PM More reviews by Kfunk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Broke me out with the worst cystic acne I've had since I was a teenager.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2012 11:05:00 PM More reviews by sam23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a great primer! I got a sample of it at sephora and it makes my face perfectly primed and ready for my Kat von d foundation. I think you need to wear it with a dry/matte foundation so you don't end up with a ton of excess moisture if you are normal or oily. It makes my makeup last all day as well! It hasn't made me break out at all although I'm not at all prone to break outs. I love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2012 11:23:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Oh I love this stuff a lot. I finally have good skin after being dedicated to Retin A for months still using and now amazingly have clear skin. So I wanted to try a primer that was cruelty free and with out the heavy silicone in it or any not so good things.

I put this on and you really only need such a small amount and it literally left me poreless. It was like it just absorbed and made me skin look and feel really good. I did use a BB Cream over it(Baviphat Magic Girls BBC for oily skin) I had a procedure today and I couldn't wear makeup but they didn't say BB cream.;) Well they didn't know I just looked like I had good skin.

This primer makes your pores so small and your skin so soft. I would just use it alone it blurs the small imperfections so well. Plus the BB went on like a breeze. I will try it more with my Studio Fix which I think with this primer if you have pretty good skin it makes the au natural look even better or easier for girls with problems like spots or whatever to cover them. I do not like heavy primers but this is so light and actually feels really good for the skin.

I didn't wash my face yet and it still feels so soft from this primer. It lasted 12 hours and that was the test and it passed. I will repurchase but I am interested in other cruelty free primers. This one I def recommend because Tarte is a brand that usually delivers and with this primer they do.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2012 1:59:00 AM More reviews by loriorio

I love this primer! A friend of mine had it in her makeup kit which I tried and fell in love. I was only a little disappointed that Tarte changed the packaging so the one I bought wasn't (in my opinion) as cute as my friend's. But I think the bottle actually distributes the product better so fair trade. The actual product really smooths my skin, reducing the visibility of fine lines and pores. The bottle is small but with this primer, a little goes a long way. It also keeps my makeup in place -- maybe not for a full 12 hours but a really long time. I have combination skin so I have good days and bad days. For the most part, this primer keeps my skin matte and flawless but some days, I have to keep a small spray bottle of toner and spritz my T-zone to keep oil at bay.

Overall, I really like this primer and do plan on buying it again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2012 8:24:00 PM More reviews by italiana800

I don't like this primer at all. First off, this somehow makes my face oilier than it really is, which is the opposite of what this is "supposed" to do. This did not diminish the size or appearance of any of my pores, (which I really don't have a problem with anyway),...but still, this is targeted towards making your face appear as if it's "poreless." My makeup usually never has a problem with sliding off, but this stuff actually makes my makeup come off faster. So, within about an hour/2 hours of wearing this, I'm left with an oily/greasy face with my makeup starting to come off. The tube this comes in barely gives you anything & is super small, this wouldn't necessarily be a problem if it wasn't for the fact that this costs over $30 with tax! You do only need to use a little bit of this, but still a rip off in my opinion. I've used many primers, & this is close to one of the worst I've used. This isn't the worst because this did not break me out, (knock on wood). That's the only reason I even gave this a rating of 2. Iam definitely returning this tomorrow & I will keep using my beloved Smashbox Photo Finish Light primer. Works 100X better, & way more effective. I do not reccommend this primer at all. You can get way better primers that come with more for the money.
On the flip side, my mom absoloutley loves this primer. So, I think this primer varies with different skin types.