Neutrogena Shine Control Pressed Powder

4.2

Mica, Dimethicone, Polyethylene, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Myristate, Silica, Boron Nitride, Squalane, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Seed Protein, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Nylon-12, Lauroyl Lysine, Methylparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Propylparaben, Silica Silylate --- may contain (CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I've used it paired up with the Primer and I'm an absolute fan. My skin is medium to light and I have to make sure that I don't have residues on my face, the compact is a little lighter than what I would normally use, but a good blending technique and it integrates with my make up easily enough.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have very oily skin, and this is one of the best oil-controlling pressed powders I've ever used. I have been using Estee Lauder Double Matte pressed powder for many years, and it did a pretty good job of controlling my oil for most of my day at work. When Neutrogena came out with this product, I was running very low on my EL powder, so I thought I'd give it a chance. The price is a little steep for a drugstore powder in my opinion, and I really wasn't expecting much out of this powder. I was pleasantly surprised to find that it controlled my oil and kept me shine-free even longer than my EL powder did! In my opinion, this is the best product in Neutrogena's Shine Control line; I was not impressed with the gritty foundation or primer from this line. I would recommend the pressed powder to anyone with oily skin, and I will definitely be repurchasing it for myself. The only con with this product for me is the cheap, flimsy puff that comes with it. I always end up tossing it in the trash and replacing it with a better puff.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This trully does control shine for several hours.You cant use this alone.Its pretty whitening so I use this in combination with a bronzer.
One of the best shine control products out there.Just use a brush to touch up any oily areas throghout the day if even necessary.

I was pleasantly surprised with this powder! It has recently become apart of my everyday makeup routine. It's perfect for setting pretty much any kind of makeup; from just a few spots of concealer, to layering full-coverage foundation. And it absorbs all my T-zone oil in seconds. My only concern is that this powder only comes in an ivory color. I have olive-tan skin and its fine for me because its so sheer but i don't know, maybe if you have really dark skin it might be a problem. One other thing, the stupid puff. it looks like a tiny stale pancake and its nearly impossible to pick up, let alone dab on your face. so get rid of it and use a fluffy powder brush. other than that, its awesome:D

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I think I found my ideal shine control powder. I always get oily all over by midday and tend to look greasy, so I do need to have a shine control powder on hand everyday. These are some of the powders that I've tried in the past.
1. MUFE HD - works good at setting my makeup and providing maybe 30 minutes of shine control. But, it doesn't have long lasting effects. Plus, it doesn't travel well since it can be messy. I do appreciate this powder before applying my foundations to provide a matte canvas and it seems to work better for me this way.
2. MAC Blot - Works fantastic at controlling oil. However, it gives me a lot of clogged pores. So, I can't use this.
3. Maybelline Dream Matte - Another powder with great blotting power however it gives too much coverage for my taste and the packaging is atrocious.
4. Laura Geller - The most poor quality chalky powder I have ever encountered.
So, the list goes on to say the least but the train stops here at Neutrogena! I like that this powder is actually translucent on my NC40 skin. It doesn't leave behind ghost face but I hate the puffer they provided with this powder, it is very thin and the cotton is linty leaving behind lint balls on your face. I like to use a travel kabuki brush with this and it gives a better finish. I also find that this kept me shine free for hours and it doesn't make my foundation look cakey, very amazing if you ask me! Also, no clogged pores or breakouts from this lovely powder. Lastly, I love the packaging! The compact is built well and sturdy. The notch to close the powder, closes the lid snug so it won't snap open in your purse. I also love how the packaging is sleek and matte black. This powder is $12.99 USD and sold at most retailers.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I like this product a lot. I've been using it for about a week and it seems to work pretty well. It definitely does not last 8 hours, though. I still need to use the powder every hour or two to keep my face looking matte. I don't use foundation but this powder does not seem to turn my face overly white or anything. I am not sure if my face is really that oily, though - maybe it is just so dry that it gets shiny, and that is why I can never find anything to keep my matte :\ I also agree that the puff that comes with this compact is a piece of crap - you'd think they'd provide something better for a compact that costs so much. Overall, though, I like this compact. I'd buy it again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

This is probably best for us gals with oily skin. It does NOT add color and is meant to be used over a foundation or tinted moisturizer or just to reduce shine, but if you over-apply, it can look a bit chalky so if you try to "build" coverage with this you will turn white. I use a light dusting of it over my foundation and it really does control the oil. I recommend pitching the JOKE of a "puff" that comes with it and using a brush. I'm not sure I would repurchase this because although it is somewhat oil-controlling, it's nothing special..

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I am on the fence about this one. I bought it because my nose is shiny and oily as all get out and I have large pores. I wanted something to carry with me to help reduce the shine but not cake up like a powder with color can do, and I don't like it for that purpose. I think it leaves a terrible white cast when I use the puff it comes with, even if I gently dip it in the pan. It looks like I hit some flour on my nose no matter how gentle I am with it.

I do think it works well if I use it to set my makeup in the morning with a fluffy brush, but that is about it. However, for that purpose, it is way overpriced and I like Rimmel Stay Matte better. Neutrogena is so highly prices for drugstore and for almost 15$, it better perform and for me, I don't think it is any better than a Covergirl powder for way less money.

I think the packaging looks nice and slim and clean. No complaints there.

Does it help with shine? yes, but not in a way that other powders don't. I don't think it is super special. I like it enough to have kept it and not returned it, but I won't buy it again.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I HAVE COMBO/EXTREMELY OILY SKIN. THIS DEFINITELY HELPS WITH THE OIL and it doesn't do anything negative to my skin. So I really like this powder. I will repurchase.

[update]
Wow I'm really loving this powder. It really takes care of my shine and my oily face. It doesn't make my face cakey or anything. Just matte and very natural.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I lovvve this power.
I usually use maybelline powders, the dream matte whatever one, but walmart is always out when i need it, so i was looking for a substitute.

Pros:
-I love the case, it's actually different from other powers, the power is deeper inside of the case, so it's not as messy, and i like that it's black, not a trashy brown color hah.
-reduces oil, it really does work at reducing shine for a long time, i use it to set my foundation and reapply when needed
- doesn't break me out, i've had big issues with this but this hasnt made my skin worse at all
-doesn't look cakey

Cons:
-Stupid little puff that comes in it. Just throw it away and use a brush :)
-Possibly too white for others, however for me it's fine.
-The cost, really expensive for a drugstore powder, like 10+ dollars, i was like -.- but the "rice protein" sold me.
- Not that it's supposed to be, but it's a light powder, it doesn't give any coverage so don't buy it thinking it will.

Recommended for Normal Skin