L'Oreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

3.3

on 7/31/2014 4:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a very meh product for me. First of all, the color selection is horrible and I find that it usually doesn't color match my skin. In fact it, it's consistently too dark for my skin when I first put it on and is a little on the orange side. However, I find that I like the color more and more as the day goes on, so I don't know if it needs time to adjust, or if I just get used to it. Next, there is basically no coverage--even for a BB cream. Traditional Asian BB Cream were supposed to be higher coverage than a tinted moisturizer, but with a dewier effect than a foundation. This has comparable, or even less coverage than most tinted moisturizes I've used. However, I will say that I quite like finish of the BB cream for casual use, but I tend to like a dewier finish and have normal to dry skin. Overall I'm torn with this product. It does have some positive points to it, but overall the negatives just don't make repurchasing with it. So basically, I'll probably continue to use it for the rest of the summer and try to get as much use of it as I can, but I won't repurchase the product.

on 7/30/2014 5:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

What I loved: The packaging. That's about it. It comes in an easy to dispense tube that gives you good control over the amount of product you want out.

What I hated: Pretty much everything. I found that this had no coverage WHATSOEVER. It was literally like putting on a regular moisturizer. Also, it was really jam-packed with a ton of glitter that just made the face look unnatural. It didn't really look like shimmer, just like glitter particles stuck to the face. The texture was really gritty, almost like an exfoliator.

I'm not sure if maybe my bottle was faulty, because others have claimed that this provides god coverage with a natural finish, but the product that I tried was absolutely horrible.

on 7/27/2014 3:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This is the first and only BB cream i've tried (so far). I never thought of using a BB cream before because I suffer from oily skin and have a few acne scars from my teenage years.. but I figured it was worth a shot to try it, especially for the days when i'm running errands and just need light coverage. According to some YouTubers i watch, they said this particular one worked well for oily skin. I can't necessarily say this keeps me matte all day, but a primer and setting powder will get the job done. This isn't a product I would recommend to use if you're going to be out all day long at work, at a party, or going out to the club because the staying power isn't really there. I wish they'd make a wider selection of colors (i believe they only have 3 shades available). Other than that, i'd recommend this product if you have oily skin and just need a quick fix!

on 7/23/2014 7:23:00 PM

This product is pretty pricey for a drugstore beauty item. I don't think I'd purchase it again because it does make my skin really oily, even with powder. However, for a BB cream, it covers quite well and the skin-matching factor is pretty cool as it matches pretty well. But no, I wouldn't choose to repurchase it because although it starts off pretty matte, I turn into a grease ball after only a couple hours.

on 7/21/2014 3:58:00 PM

I love it! especially for everyday use. But need to top it with powder so it will set. OTherwise, it evens my skin color, and cover any red area

on 7/21/2014 2:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I tried this Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream in Deep because I have a tan, natural. The color matched well, went on smooth & hid a few imperfections. I felt the coverage was a little more than bare skin, which was what I was looking for. All was well until I left my house. I looked down at my hand which I must have wiped my face with & it was sparkling! I got my mirror out & my face looked like I had been dipped in glitter. Needless to say I went home laughing & washed my face. I give this product 1 lipstick because of price, coverage, color matching, but really, does anyone want to go around sparkling like that? Oh FYI, the glitter show doesn't seem to appear indoors but check yourself outside in full sun:)
One more thing: I didn't buy this as a primer nor would I use it under my Laura Mercier foundation.

on 7/16/2014 3:01:00 AM

I love, love, love this product. The coverage is perfect for me, the finish lovely, and works well plain or as a primer. It evens out my skin tone, makes my skin look flawless, and doesn't feel heavy at all. Of course, this isn't like an Asian BB cream, but I love it as it is. I wish it had SPF in it, but I usually save this stuff for the winter or pair it with a moisturizer with SPF.
I used this throughout high school (I have dry/normal skin) and never had any problems with it it. When I wanted to wear foundation, I'd just use this as a primer. And honestly, it took me almost a year to use up a tube of L'Oreal BB cream. It works well with blush and concealer and it's just one of my favorite drug store BB creams.
Don't be scared when it first comes out gray or the texture because the finish is great and it works well to go half a shade darker (I haven't tried half a shade lighter yet since I'm between shades).
I just apply it with my fingers and my skin is just visibly different. For me it's always been long-lasting and goes well with everything I put on. If you're comfortable with light make-up and get dry skin, then this is the perfect product for you.

on 7/11/2014 7:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I quite like this.
The colours are very light and I use this as a primer. Is that what everyone else does too??
I personally love the silicone-y feel in primers so this works well for me.
Jury is still out on its perfecting mechanisims as I think its really only a tint that feels like a silicone primer. It also does not make my makeup last so long as well.

on 7/7/2014 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I absolutely swear by this stuff! I had flawless skin until I was 23 and then, out of nowhere, fought a terrible battle with acne for the next 2 years. While my acne has finally subsided it left my skin less than perfect. I hate using foundation because I'm not used to it and it's not great for your skin so when BB creams came out this was the first one I tried. And I fell in love. I have since tried many others, but I always go back to this one. It doesn't have the coverage of foundation, but it does cover my acne scaring and I just use foundation over top to hide any blemishes. It keeps my skin looking bright and glowy all day and it has never made me break out, in fact, I think it has actually helped in my skins recovery. The tube may not be very big, but you also don't need very much product- i think that may be a big part of the issue for some of the negative reviews as I've noticed people who say there's not much product also seem to think it melts off the face/ clogs/ and leaves a white or sunblock type sheen to the face. If you use too much of it then it can have that effect. A little of this product goes a long way. For reference, I use this product every single day and a tube will last around 4-6 months for me. It's better to use too little and build up then start out with too much. I took off a little for the packaging. I squirt this on my finger tips and rub it in and the cap in conjunction with the consistency of the liquid makes that application process difficult. I end up balancing the tube in the cap which causes the product to pool in the cap which equals lost product and a messy cap. But considering that's the only downside I've found to this product I will continue to buy this every time I run out.

on 6/30/2014 7:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Iam very oily and acne proneand this is now my new primer . Normal face primers have a tendency to leave me very oily and slick this as a face primer works beautifully I find it's almost a little bit tacky it really holds my foundation into place .as a normal BB cream I would probably pass on this product it does not provide enough coverage for a BB cream to be worn alone but as a face primer it's absolutely fantastic my skin is oily and I usually have to blot every 2 to 3 hours anyway but is definitely holds my make up in place all day long so as primer I give it a five , as a BB cream I give it a two.