NARS Exhibit A

4.6

on 3/20/2012 1:14:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This stuff is FUN.

I kept eyeing this stuff because let's face it- it's the brightest, freakiest-looking blush we've ever seen in our lives. It's intimidating! But that's what draws you to it, isn't it?!?! :)

Anyhow, I finally made the purchase and I use just a modest amount on the apples of my cheeks, pair it with some Laguna bronzer in the hollows of my cheeks for contouring, and BAM- summer face. I've gotten compliments from two women on this look, with one being in her twenties and one was perhaps 65 (and in all the days I've seen her, she's never worn makeup). She felt it looked "very becoming". I know Orgasm is supposed to give you that "glow", but you wanna REALLY glow?! Get this stuff.

on 3/16/2012 10:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Such a pretty matte tropical orange color. Very pigmented so I use my 27 Nars Blush to sheer it out. This will last me forever so the price is reasonable. My Nars blushes I currently have are Taj Mahal, Dolce Vita, Exhibit A, Alabross. All beautiful colors that look so good on my skin tone.

on 3/3/2012 4:14:00 PM

Wow. This blush is amazing. I went right for it because I remember seeing some bright red rouges that had been my great grandmother's, which had been kept just because of the beautiful packages. I wondered why you don't see bright red blushes with a thick texture like that much these days. Well this is one, and does it ever give you a classic romantic flush. I'm quite fair, with rather yellow/neutral tones so this color suits me well and brightens the surrounding skin more than pinks. It is so pigmented too that I think really it is a great value because I don't know how I will ever reach the pan unless I break it. A tiny bit goes a long way, and swirling it on with a big fluffy brush keeps it looking soft.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I remember reading an Amazon review in which the reviewer described Exhibit A as the perfect shade for fair Asian girls. I thought I'd give it a try.

Exhibit A is scary in the pan, bright clown red. Despite my trepidation, I got a blush brush and lightly swept it onto my cheeks. I was so amazed by how naturally flushed I looked (and isn't that the point of a blush?)

This has definitely become a HG for me, especially in the summer. Even my 75 year old grandma commented on how gorgeous this color was on me and how my skin looked brighter. While I don't foresee myself running out of this blush anytime soon, I would definitely repurchase, even at the steep price!

on 2/7/2012 1:46:00 PM

Looks can be deceiving. Case in point: NARS Exhibit A. The flamboyant red can be off-putting and may conjure images of drag queens, prostitutes, and the like. But the lovely flush it gives one cheeks will abolish all inital reservations. I've been using this for over a year now, and haven't even put a dent in the product, as only a minisicule amount rewards you with a beautiful youthful glow! It's pricey ($28), but well worth the investment as I forsee this lasting me well into my elder years (maybe).

on 1/31/2012 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Dark-skinned ladies looking for that elusive rosy glow, look no further. Exhibit A is the perfect dose of tomato-y red to give a flushed glow to the face. On lighter skin, this gives that idyllic Snow White color that is just timeless. The trick is to apply with a very light hand and fluffy brush(I like the Ecotools blush brush with this one). I searched for a color like this for so long and have had this blush for 3 years and there is not even the slightest dip in the pan. These products are pricey but they last for ages. The product is very silky. The color seems daunting but with correct application, it is breathtakingly gorgeous.

on 1/24/2012 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I don't think I'll need to repurchase for a long time because this color is so pigmented! I love it!! I have to use a light hand, and I just tap the brush on the blush pan. If you swirl the brush, you will have clown cheeks. Gives a perfect winter glow, and can't wait to see what it will look like in the summer when I am darker. Great purchase, just like any NARS blush. I think this will work on all skin tones, just start very light and layer it to get your desired affect. I've had many compliments! As a reference, I am Medium/Olive - NC 35

on 1/16/2012 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Lately I've found myself with a taste for bright, vibrant blushes. I find that when applied and sheered out, they really brighten up any complexion. After purchasing countless hot pinks and bright corals, I was on the hunt for a true red blush. I know that Illamasqua ans Sleek make red blushes, but those brands are not sold in my area, so I was stumped....Until a recent trip to Sephora when I noticed NARS 'Exhibit A'.

I'm already a huge fan of NARS blushes. Yes they're pricey, but I just love how rich and pigmented they are and it seems to be damn near impossible to look "overdone" while wearing a NARS blush since they apply so soft and pretty. The only possible complaint that I can think of is that they do contain lanolin and talc...Making them comedogenic. This doesn't bother me since my skin is resilient and I don't really "break out".

Anyhow, 'Exhibit A' is best described as a true, matte orange-based tomato red. I originally thought that it would only suit deeper complexions since it's so vibrant, but after typing it into Google images I realized that this blush is wearable for almost ALL complexions: Cool-toned alabaster white, deep chocolate brown, true beige, warm olive ......And me, warm tan/light brown. Whatever your complexion is, this blush is guaranteed to provide a soft, natural looking (yes, NATURAL looking) glow to the complexion. I'm shocked that this blush is able to provide such a sweet glow since it has no shimmer.

Anyhow, as a caution to anyone considering purchasing this blush, please oh please apply it with a stippling brush. You literally need only tap this brush into the pan to pick up enough color for both cheeks since it's so highly pigmented.

Also, you need to be quite careful when choosing lip colors to go with this blush. You cannot pair it with pink, plum or peach lips, which is why this blush is not HG or an everyday blush for me (as much as I love it). This blush is best paired with a red lip (halleluja because I'd been looking forever for a blush to wear with my beloved red lipstick) or a nude lip. Actually, even if you're wearing no additional makeup, this blush is great to pop onto the cheeks for a warm, healthy, "in love" glow as I call it. This blush reminds me of the flush in one's cheeks after engaging in certain "acts" (sorry for being a little raunchy, but that's really the look that this blush creates).

To sum it up? This blush is not necessary, it's not HG, it's pricey as hell....But it's definitely something beautiful to try if you are looking for an addition to a blush collection. 5.5 for 'Exhibit A', my fourth (and certainly not last) NARS blush.

on 1/8/2012 12:56:00 AM

I have mixed opinions about this product. It was my first Nars blush and I had already watch tutorials on how to apply and read a lot of reviews on here. So I actually bought this blush while my skin was NC 30. And i felt like it gave me a really cute frost bitten look (when applied correctly with a very light hand be careful or you could end up looking like a clown). So not really what I thought it would be. Then, I went on vacation and came back an NC42 (very tanned) and thought this shade no longer worked with my current skin tone. So sadly, I returned it. However, I marked that I would buy again because I might actually get it again when I feel like I could use it. So far I am pretty impressed with the Nars blush.

on 1/8/2012 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I love this blush. There, I said it. I'm a blush-hater and I love Exhibit A.

My skin is a yellowy-pink-toned NC20ish, NC30ish in the summer. This blush should not work on me. And yet, it does. I use a duofiber brush--which is the absolute key to this blush--and buff it out, and bam. I get gorgeous, natural flush for my complexion. I can even use a bit on my eye to brighten up my eye look, if I want to add some color to a neutral look.

The color definitely leans a yellowy-orange red. Tomato is very accurate. If you're cool-toned or very pale, this will be way too intense on your skin. But if your skin is fairly light but warm, you should absolutely give this blush a try. It's gorgeous!

I say that I would buy this product again, but honestly, I sincerely doubt I'll ever need to unless something horrible happens to my compact. I've used this blush several times in the month that I've had it, and I've barely brushed off the pattern from the powder in the pan!

Top Rated NARS Products