December 19, 2014 | 1731 users online

Blush - NARS - Exhibit A

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2012 4:14:00 PM More reviews by blueelm

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Wow. This blush is amazing. I went right for it because I remember seeing some bright red rouges that had been my great grandmother's, which had been kept just because of the beautiful packages. I wondered why you don't see bright red blushes with a thick texture like that much these days. Well this is one, and does it ever give you a classic romantic flush. I'm quite fair, with rather yellow/neutral tones so this color suits me well and brightens the surrounding skin more than pinks. It is so pigmented too that I think really it is a great value because I don't know how I will ever reach the pan unless I break it. A tiny bit goes a long way, and swirling it on with a big fluffy brush keeps it looking soft.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2012 3:09:00 PM More reviews by uponbluemoon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I remember reading an Amazon review in which the reviewer described Exhibit A as the perfect shade for fair Asian girls. I thought I'd give it a try.

Exhibit A is scary in the pan, bright clown red. Despite my trepidation, I got a blush brush and lightly swept it onto my cheeks. I was so amazed by how naturally flushed I looked (and isn't that the point of a blush?)

This has definitely become a HG for me, especially in the summer. Even my 75 year old grandma commented on how gorgeous this color was on me and how my skin looked brighter. While I don't foresee myself running out of this blush anytime soon, I would definitely repurchase, even at the steep price!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2012 1:46:00 PM More reviews by Chinghababy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Looks can be deceiving. Case in point: NARS Exhibit A. The flamboyant red can be off-putting and may conjure images of drag queens, prostitutes, and the like. But the lovely flush it gives one cheeks will abolish all inital reservations. I've been using this for over a year now, and haven't even put a dent in the product, as only a minisicule amount rewards you with a beautiful youthful glow! It's pricey ($28), but well worth the investment as I forsee this lasting me well into my elder years (maybe).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2012 3:57:00 PM More reviews by silkpuppet

Dark-skinned ladies looking for that elusive rosy glow, look no further. Exhibit A is the perfect dose of tomato-y red to give a flushed glow to the face. On lighter skin, this gives that idyllic Snow White color that is just timeless. The trick is to apply with a very light hand and fluffy brush(I like the Ecotools blush brush with this one). I searched for a color like this for so long and have had this blush for 3 years and there is not even the slightest dip in the pan. These products are pricey but they last for ages. The product is very silky. The color seems daunting but with correct application, it is breathtakingly gorgeous.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2012 12:57:00 PM More reviews by shayshay02

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I don't think I'll need to repurchase for a long time because this color is so pigmented! I love it!! I have to use a light hand, and I just tap the brush on the blush pan. If you swirl the brush, you will have clown cheeks. Gives a perfect winter glow, and can't wait to see what it will look like in the summer when I am darker. Great purchase, just like any NARS blush. I think this will work on all skin tones, just start very light and layer it to get your desired affect. I've had many compliments! As a reference, I am Medium/Olive - NC 35

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2012 1:53:00 PM More reviews by TiaDGB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

Lately I've found myself with a taste for bright, vibrant blushes. I find that when applied and sheered out, they really brighten up any complexion. After purchasing countless hot pinks and bright corals, I was on the hunt for a true red blush. I know that Illamasqua ans Sleek make red blushes, but those brands are not sold in my area, so I was stumped....Until a recent trip to Sephora when I noticed NARS 'Exhibit A'.

I'm already a huge fan of NARS blushes. Yes they're pricey, but I just love how rich and pigmented they are and it seems to be damn near impossible to look "overdone" while wearing a NARS blush since they apply so soft and pretty. The only possible complaint that I can think of is that they do contain lanolin and talc...Making them comedogenic. This doesn't bother me since my skin is resilient and I don't really "break out".

Anyhow, 'Exhibit A' is best described as a true, matte orange-based tomato red. I originally thought that it would only suit deeper complexions since it's so vibrant, but after typing it into Google images I realized that this blush is wearable for almost ALL complexions: Cool-toned alabaster white, deep chocolate brown, true beige, warm olive ......And me, warm tan/light brown. Whatever your complexion is, this blush is guaranteed to provide a soft, natural looking (yes, NATURAL looking) glow to the complexion. I'm shocked that this blush is able to provide such a sweet glow since it has no shimmer.

Anyhow, as a caution to anyone considering purchasing this blush, please oh please apply it with a stippling brush. You literally need only tap this brush into the pan to pick up enough color for both cheeks since it's so highly pigmented.

Also, you need to be quite careful when choosing lip colors to go with this blush. You cannot pair it with pink, plum or peach lips, which is why this blush is not HG or an everyday blush for me (as much as I love it). This blush is best paired with a red lip (halleluja because I'd been looking forever for a blush to wear with my beloved red lipstick) or a nude lip. Actually, even if you're wearing no additional makeup, this blush is great to pop onto the cheeks for a warm, healthy, "in love" glow as I call it. This blush reminds me of the flush in one's cheeks after engaging in certain "acts" (sorry for being a little raunchy, but that's really the look that this blush creates).

To sum it up? This blush is not necessary, it's not HG, it's pricey as hell....But it's definitely something beautiful to try if you are looking for an addition to a blush collection. 5.5 for 'Exhibit A', my fourth (and certainly not last) NARS blush.

17 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2012 12:56:00 AM More reviews by Angelamakeup

I have mixed opinions about this product. It was my first Nars blush and I had already watch tutorials on how to apply and read a lot of reviews on here. So I actually bought this blush while my skin was NC 30. And i felt like it gave me a really cute frost bitten look (when applied correctly with a very light hand be careful or you could end up looking like a clown). So not really what I thought it would be. Then, I went on vacation and came back an NC42 (very tanned) and thought this shade no longer worked with my current skin tone. So sadly, I returned it. However, I marked that I would buy again because I might actually get it again when I feel like I could use it. So far I am pretty impressed with the Nars blush.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2012 12:38:00 AM More reviews by hazakaza

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this blush. There, I said it. I'm a blush-hater and I love Exhibit A.

My skin is a yellowy-pink-toned NC20ish, NC30ish in the summer. This blush should not work on me. And yet, it does. I use a duofiber brush--which is the absolute key to this blush--and buff it out, and bam. I get gorgeous, natural flush for my complexion. I can even use a bit on my eye to brighten up my eye look, if I want to add some color to a neutral look.

The color definitely leans a yellowy-orange red. Tomato is very accurate. If you're cool-toned or very pale, this will be way too intense on your skin. But if your skin is fairly light but warm, you should absolutely give this blush a try. It's gorgeous!

I say that I would buy this product again, but honestly, I sincerely doubt I'll ever need to unless something horrible happens to my compact. I've used this blush several times in the month that I've had it, and I've barely brushed off the pattern from the powder in the pan!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2012 5:13:00 AM More reviews by RustGospel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I can't say that I'm entirely sure as to how I somehow managed to not only become entranced by, and eventually come to fall in love with the infamous Exhibit A. The whole ordeal was somewhat of a whirlwind affair, one wrought with lust and intrigue! Well, you know...
I want to say that initially I was drawn in by the sheer audacity of the color. The shade reminded more of one that I might encounter in a lipstick, definitely not something I'd come across in a blush- let alone a blush by a company who's blushes are unbelievably pigmented to begin with. It was bold and unapologetic, I was repulsed and yet so magnetically attracted!
I was genuinely surprised to find out that not only was this preposterously torrid red-orange shade completely wearable, but that it's actually natural looking on the skin. After my initial infatuation grew, I knew it was only a matter of time before I found myself in my local Sephora, having a staring match with this startling shade in person. I felt as though I was being coerced, propositioned by this color... I couldn't, I wouldn't! But oh, how I wanted to so badly...I was too timid and felt like by buying Exhibit A, I'd be playing with fire. Honestly, I feared that it would be too easy to come out the whole ordeal looking (sun) burned.
The sales attendant who spotted me and ran to my rescue didn't hesitant to whip out a brush and sweep Exhibit A on my face, more than anything just to prove me to that such a scalding beast could be tamed- but only with a little caution and a relatively light hand. Exhibit A transformed my dowdy blushless face with it's strangely erotic red (after)glow in a way I never could have imagined. I had been seduced!
While it very much looks just like the sort of natural blush that fans out over one's face after a bit of *ahem* intimate relations or an otherwise amazing work-out, with a lighter hand it's definitely more innocent and subtle....a little more Snow White than intrepid sex vixen. Either way you go about it, you're always apt to come out with a very fresh natural color so long as you adjust the application tools and method to suit the intensity you want for your skin tone/look.
I wouldn't say that Exhibit A is an essential product, but it's an excellent one to splurge on. The pigmentation is amazing, the color it's self is rather unique (especially now that Sleek's Scandalous has been discontinued), it'll last you forever, and it's a surprisingly versatile blush. It's certainly not a purchase that I regret making!

13 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2011 9:57:00 PM More reviews by tweexcore

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Now that I have this, I don't know how I ever lived without it. I think it's absolutely perfect for every day, actually, and even if you're not wearing any other makeup, adds an instant, perfect glow. The key is a pretty light application--but I'm not even that careful about it, like some of the other reviewers here. I just dab my brush about three times, lightly against the blush and blush it on.

Anyway, I also don't think I'll be running out of this any time soon, since you use so little product at a time, so even though it was a bit expensive, for a one time, all purpose investment for every day glow it's definitely worth it. Try it!