October 24, 2014 | 1011 users online

Shampoo - Alterna - Alterna Age Free Caviar Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2005 11:19:00 AM More reviews by BeachGem

Love the way my hair feels when I use this along with the conditioner. I really feel like I am treating my hair well when I use this. The scent is fine and I don't have to use a lot of the product. My one rant is that the bottle is horrible!! But I will continue to keep this in my rotation.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2005 3:14:00 AM More reviews by jinglecat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I had the worst sensation of being a sucker after plunking down $40 for the shampoo and conditioner. Fortunately it is a great product, which totally saved my hair from a cut to rid it of overprocessed disaster! The bottle lasted nearly 3 months of daily use(my hair is only chin length), so I actually find it to be economical for the result. The fragrance is nice, low key and clean. I've since bought other shampoos in the Alterna line, this is still the best.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2005 12:41:00 AM More reviews by E2tG

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After using the Caviar shampoo and conditioner together on my straight, fine hair, I really noticed a big difference. It left my hair feeling clean but softer and healthier. The packaging isn't very practical, but it does make the shampoo seem more indulgent somehow. I'm indifferent to the scent--it's certainly not fishy but it's not very memorable either. But it works very well for me, so I will repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/29/2005 9:32:00 AM More reviews by amattoni

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

my hair did not feel clean. it felt really scummy.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2005 11:35:00 PM More reviews by FashionProfusion

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

I adore this shampoo and have been using it for a very long time.
This shampoo is ideal fine dry damaged hair.
It is very hydrating,the scent is lovely and not at all fishy. Ideal for daily use for the dry fine damaged hair types.
Obviously if you are
using it and expect it to work effectively on another hair type it will not.
As a professional I highly recommend this product and most of the alterna line.
It is the finest haircare I have used and well worth every penny.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2005 10:04:00 PM More reviews by windee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I liked the smell of this product. That is about all I can say good about it for the price! I have fine, highlighted hair and the first time was ok. After repeated use, it tangled my hair and after dry, it weighed my hair down and I had to clarify to get rid of it.
The bottle is very user unfriendly!! One handed in the shower it is next to impossible to get the stuff out! I would not buy this product again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2005 2:27:00 AM More reviews by dana

This is just an okay shampoo at an astronomical price. The scent is ok. It leaves my hair just fine. It lathers good. The packaging is ok (though hard to get out of the bottle.) Do you see where I am going with this? You can find better for much cheaper. I would suggest Fresh's Milk and Rose shampoo. Similar price point, with excellent cleansing and smell.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2005 2:42:00 PM More reviews by KelleyGz

Fishy smell?? What fishy smell? Those who are reporting a fishy smell are either writing reviews for a product they haven't tried or they are letting the word "Caviar" go to their head. I found the scent refreshing. I have used this product for two weeks now, and I can say that the Caviar Shampoo AND conditioner really soften up my hair, but I can get the same results from Clairol Herbal Essences "Intensive Conditioning" Shampoo and Conditioner for about $3.69 per bottle. The "Caviar" line packaging is quite rigid and hard to get the conditioner out of the bottle. I will not re-purchase this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2005 9:01:00 PM More reviews by JulieLance

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Alterna is the best! Smells great, works great for thick, coarse hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2005 3:41:00 PM More reviews by wildcatcutie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I liked this, but I didn't love it. It has a kinda funny smell and it tends to weigh down my hair. It lathers nicely and leaves my hair looking really shiny and healthy. I want to try the White Truffle shampoo and conditioner next. Maybe it'll smell better!