November 27, 2014 | 990 users online

Lips - Revlon - Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain- Rendezvous

rated 3 of 5 on 11/2/2012 5:08:00 PM More reviews by roguttmann

easy to put on and dont need a miror for that. but... it doesnt "stain" the lips because it comes off unevenly and very quickly. its also drys my lips.
and on photo its changes color and looks very glowy!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2012 8:23:00 PM More reviews by DKER

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Nice formula, not too drying, leaves a stain that lasts for a while. Full out, this is just too...something for me. Bright/orange I suppose. But blotted down it leaves a nice stain, coral-orangey.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2012 2:29:00 PM More reviews by Kkate142

I recently just purchased this shade and it is my favorite. It seems a tad bit more pigmentated than the other colors I have tried. It is pretty much a bright red toned orange. I have not worn it all yet for the fact that I bought it at the end of summer and it was transitioning into fall. But I will be rocking it this spring. The color is gorgeous and the formula does stay on all day and it not drying like other lipstains can be. I would totally reccommend this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2012 1:34:00 PM More reviews by joy2uandme

I like this but I am an LLL with more yellow toned skin(NC 25/30) so if you're more pink toned you're not going to be a believer. Yes it is orangey. But I also like it better when I mix it with Charm (that concealer colored lip balm stain). Together they are the perfect coral color. (Why didn't Revlon do that? Hmm, anyway,) Together they last hours on me and really brighten the old kisser. Try this combo if you don't love either charm or rendezvous on their own.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2012 7:58:00 PM More reviews by cheeky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

LOVE. I never wear lipstick, even lip gloss bothers me and even though I've tried & bought different lip products, I always want to wipe them off minutes after applying. This is amazing because it feels like normal chapstick/balm. I forget it's on, don't taste it, smell it, etc. However, it's the most gorgeous orange color. I usually dislike how I look with lip products on, but this is super flattering with my coloring (NC10-15), and is a great pop of color against my fair skin. It isn't drying at all, it's actually moisturizing. Even after eating, I still can see this product on my lips. It definitely fades, but it's a slow process, it really does seem to "stain" your lips. Really impressed, might try other colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2012 3:19:00 AM More reviews by LittleBitRee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE this! I got so many compliments when I wore this color (it's a straight-up ORANGE - no coral here), even from a teacher of mine. It's seriously SO moisturizing, something that's incredibly unique in a lipstain. And it really does stain your lips, to the point where I'd put it on in the morning, reapply (although it wasn't entirely necessary), go to sleep, and wake up - still with traces of it on my lips. This is honestly the best chapstick I've ever used - yes, I said chapstick. It really restored my lips and made them soft again. I really hope Revlon comes out with a real chapstick, something like Maybelline's Baby Lips, so that I can use a moisturizing chapstick that won't stain my lips!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2012 3:57:00 PM More reviews by kara1958

I bought this while browsing the makeup aisle at the drugstore. Having tried most other stains, some quite expensive, I didn't expect much. But for the price it was worth a shot. What a surprise! It isn't drying at all, left lips moist looking but not shiny. It's very comfortable on the lips. It is really pigmented so you can tell you're wearing color. And it lasts for hours. I'd had mine on for a couple hours and when I first checked the mirror was really surprised to find color still there. I highly recommend this, just wish they had more colors.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2012 11:50:00 AM More reviews by loriann52

Absolutely love these lip balm stains! Rendevous is a orange colour, but it is not nearly as harsh of an orange as it looks to be on the packaging. It just gives you a nice coral tint, that you can build up easily if you so wish by just applying more.
I have bought eight of these so far, and plan on buying two more. They are by far the best lip product I have tried in quite some time. You can choose easily how vibrant the colour is (you can apply just a little for a nice hint of colour, or apply it in layers to build it up). I have found that regular lip stains dry out your lips horribly, and settle into any cracks you may have. This is not the case with these balm stains- these go on just like a moisturizing lipstick. They have a glossy sheen to them and over time the colour fades into a stain. It is a very natural looking stain and it looks gorgeous. I love how they won't come off your lips- so they definitely are "kissable"! They smell of mint at first, but the smell fades quickly. Also, they are tasteless (which is definitely better than having an awful taste like most lip products).
I am so glad that I tried these stains! None of them have been a disappointment so far, so I am going to continue to buy and use these!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2012 9:26:00 PM More reviews by dweebyhawkeyes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was in the market for orange lips and heard Revlon made a great lip stain. Rendezvous did not disappoint! Goes on minty and smooth, stays on for a few hours, no stickiness at all. Since I have very dry skin and lips, I'm reapplying lipsticks often anyway, so the short lifespan on this was fine for me. I do wish it was more pigmented and actually stained the lips, but I've been using it frequently and love the mint smell.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2012 10:21:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Revlon's Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains are a kinda new lip product. I'm a little late on reviewing these, they came out just a couple of days before I left America. If you've been reading my blog for a while, you might remember that I quite liked Revlon's Just Bitten stain in Gothic , so I expected to like this product as well. Revlon calls their Just Bitten Kissable balms a "pampering balm fused with a lightweight lip stain in an adorable chubby crayon". This product claims it'll give "smoother, softer lips with a perfect flush of color that lasts hour after hour. Revlon also mentions that 100% of women found these moisturizing. This stain/balm combo is available in 12 shades, I have Rendezvous, a coral. My Mum picked this up for me at Walmart for between $6-7, with a dollar off coupon. I've seen these sell for as high as $9. Revlon products are not tested on animals and are made in the USA. Many bloggers consider this product to be a dupe for Tarte's Lipsurgence pencils, though I can't confirm that because I haven't tried them.
Packaging is a short, chubby, plastic crayon that matches the color of the product.The cap fits on firmly, combine that with the compact size and you have a purse and pocket friendly product. This balm stain twists up, but doesn't sharpen, so eventually you'll have a blunt tip after enough use. Am I the only one who thinks these look a little bit naughty when you twist them up? Sorry I'll grow up. The packaging merely features the name of the product and shade, in English and French.
I'm unsure about Revlon's Balm Stain texture. Revlon calls it a gel, but I find it pretty waxy and a little sticky, not moisturizing or drying. It applies easily enough, though it doesn't glide on quite as easily as I thought it would. This product feels a little bit heavy on my lips, similar to how Revlon's Lip Butters feel, but waxier. The texture kinda reminds me of cheap lip balm, the kind that doesn't moisturize and just kinda sits there.
These balm stains go on with a satin finish, but it only lasts about twenty minutes, after that it flattens out to a matte finish. The color of Rendezvous fades to a soft pink with coral hints, and wears for about 3-4 hours, which is good wear time for me, but I have problems keeping lip color on.
The color of Rendezvous, pre fade, is really pretty. It's a true coral, the perfect balance between orange and pink. It looks quite orange in the tube, but it swatches and wears more pink on me. In the tube Rendezvous looks like it has shimmer, but it comes across as more of a sheen or glossiness when I wear it. Rendezvous is bright, and kinda warm, but I feel like I pull it off well. I also like the toned down color it fades into. My mum randomly chose this color for me. Well not entirely randomly, she typically goes for corals herself, but either way, good job Mum.
I don't dig the taste/scent of Revlon's Just Bitten balms. It's very strong and kinda reminds me of menthol cigarettes. Ew, that's not what any lip color is supposed to taste or smell like. Luckily it doesn't last very long. This product is so strongly minty that it made Mum's eyes water. I guess that's what causes the slight, pleasant tingle upon application though.
There are a couple things I don't like about Revlon's new Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains, mainly just the slightly waxy texture and the flavor that makes me feel like I've just been smoking. However, I'm will,ing to overlook both of those things because I like the color of Rendezvous and the way it wears. The shade selection is decent, enough to suit most people's tastes. Packaging is neat and functional, kinda innovative, at least on the drugstore level. The price is fair for the amount of product you get. I would repurchase Rendezvous, but probably won't grab any other shades. I've already recommended this product to a few people in person, and I would recommend it to my readers too.