September 30, 2014 | 1923 users online

Lip Treatments - E.L.F. - Studio Lip Exfoliator

rated 2 of 5 on 1/22/2014 9:06:00 PM More reviews by Yvonneay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Living in a dry area makes keeping up with smooth lips very difficult. That being said, this product helps tons.

It's amazing, I don't know what more to say. You apply it, gently make circles on your lips, and then you rinse it off. The first time I tried it, it actually hurt because I think I was applying a little too much pressure and the granules were actually very rough, but as you learn how to exfoliate your lips using this product, it gets better and better.

For something that is $3, this is a decent product.

Warning though, for me it tastes absolutely disgusting. I have a terrible habit of licking my lips and while doing this I just randomly licked them, and it took a long time to get the flavor off of my mouth. :P

EDIT: After much more use and some result, I figured I would add to this review. The fact that it tastes so bad for me makes me never want to use it. Then over time the tip of the product gets smoother and smoother until there are no granules, or there are but one or 2 on the side pocking out instead of a bunch more scattered nicely. I noticed as well that the granules were always pretty big and no matter what pressure I put onto my lips it still end up somehow hurting a bit. It all just accumulated over time and killed it for me. This isn't a "bad" product, just not for me, and I would much rather give the LUSH lip scrub in bubblegum a go. :P

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2014 1:32:00 PM More reviews by woodenshoe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

I like this lipscrub because it's so easy to use. I don't have to dip one of my fingers in a small pot before application. The lipstick shape is quite handy and it does the job very well.
Like most E.L.F. products it is an affordable and good quality product. Will buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/15/2014 2:43:00 PM More reviews by alyssamspencer

I bought this product after reading some great reviews and was really disappointed. I didn't find that the exfoliator did anything to make my lips smoother. The one good thing about this product is that it smells and tastes good.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2014 11:53:00 PM More reviews by chinadoll13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

All I have to say is WOW!!!! I've tried all kinds from cheap to expensive and this is the best!!!! I love it!!!! Scrubs nice and lips are conditioned and smooth.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2014 8:08:00 AM More reviews by hellerenee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Oh, how I have needed a product like this for a long, long time! It's got a lovely smell of vanilla, and does an excellent job at scrubbing your lips. The directions say to wipe it off your lips when you're done, but I leave it on, as it feels like lip balm and is very moisturizing!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2014 10:31:00 PM More reviews by sunshine36616

Great product. My lips felt noticeably better after use. It says to wipe it off when you are done, but I left it on.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2014 3:31:00 PM More reviews by kayben

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this at Target for $3.00 (paid cash), and find it an indispensable part of my winter lip regime. It takes a few swipes to get to the gritty part, but when you get there, you'll know it. It is seriously rough, but it feels good and my lips are polished and conditioned.

I have a small area on my upper lip that has a tendency to crack when the weather gets bitter (like it is now), but having used this exfoliator for several weeks, it is holding together incredibly well, no painful split when I smile. Best of all, this product makes matte lipstick apply so smoothly. I don't have to worry about flakes and patchiness, usually the bane of matte formulas. Recommend and will repurchase.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2014 9:22:00 PM More reviews by BGutwein

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was very skeptical of trying this product simply because it is in stick form, but man were my expectations of the product debunked. This is truly my HG of lip products. I have always had dry, cracked lips. They flake and peel all the time. One little swipe with this product and boom, soft and supple again for hours. I apply chapstick or balm after and it is great. I used to use the Mary kay lip exfoliant in the tube and loved it, but this is even better and at the price of $3.00 (purchased at Harmon Discount/Face Values) it is pure heaven.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2014 8:03:00 AM More reviews by Lynnnguyen

This would've been great to try out if it didn't break on me

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2014 1:05:00 AM More reviews by Ktchin17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This lip exfoliater leaves your lips feeling amazing! I use it before bed, and as an extra step I always take a little of the product off of the stick and apply in to my lips myself and scrub my lips that way. I find it gives me even better results.