December 22, 2014 | 1806 users online

Lips - Revlon - Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain- Romantic

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2013 11:59:00 PM More reviews by wasabihime

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Being really pale, I've always been told to stay away from orange toned lipsticks and stick to blue based reds. However, I fell in love with this one and it looks just fine on my skin (score!). If you're pale and looking to experiment with oranges and corals, you may want to give this one a go!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2013 4:34:00 PM More reviews by Jezah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This was not the color I was expecting. It is red, but it is quite sheer and has more of an orange undertone rather than a blue one. I am very pale and cool toned so orange toned red lips look a bit garish on me. I wish it was easier to layer as well, since it is so sheer it is hard to get the classic pin up red lip like I was hoping for. It is easy to apply however, and I have very full lips, but they are not very wide and have a deep cupids bow so a lipstick with a sharp point is a must and this lipbalm/stain with its crayon type design is perfect. It does stain your lips, however if you often run your lips together (bad habit I have) due to the wetter type nature of this balm/stain it will end up mainly staining the outsides of your lips leaving you with a unsightly ring. If you leave it alone and don't do too much with your lips for a hour or so it would probably set more evenly. Overall, this is not a BAD product, and I may purchase again if I wanted a more fun sheer red lip...it just was not what I was looking for.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2013 8:12:00 PM More reviews by Galaxydreamz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have a love hate relationship with this one. I usually love all these balm stains and I think they're adorable but this color threw me off. I originally bought it because I thought it would be a really nice red lip. And it IS really pigmented but I'm really not a fan of they orange undertones and it does dull your teeth and make them appear yellowy. I definitely prefer blue undertones when it comes to red lipstick so this color wasn't a favorite. However I do wear it on occasion and the consistency and mintyness is great as all the other colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2013 2:24:00 PM More reviews by prblms4loki

Before the lip balm stains came out, I used the marker ones. They didn't work so well, but for events, I loved having a longlasting red lip that I could just gloss over. Well, now I've found a better solution. This is that ever elusive unicorn, the easy to apply red lip. It's a crayon, essentially. You color in your mouth, the red is glossy, it is a true red, it is gorgeous and it lasts forever. And when it's gone, it's not lipstick ring mouth, it is a lightly stained berry tinted mouth. It's amazing. I will wear this forever, and this is completely the reason I wear red lips more now. lipstick has always been a fav, but my lipsticks are getting supplanted very quickly by this Revlon line.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2013 2:54:00 PM More reviews by prettygreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't know why I held off so long on buying one of these bad boys - it's perfection! This particular shade is a really refreshing red that looks fantastic all year round and will look particularly nice in the spring instead of a harsher red lip. The colour isn't the only thing that's refreshing - the peppermint scent is delicious and the balm element is soothing and suits much better than a felt tip stain. Got it when it was on offer at superdrug for 5 instead of the usual 7.99, but I will definitely be purchasing another one at full price - which colour to go for is the only thing stopping me!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2013 8:00:00 PM More reviews by MyNameIsHoney

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

As a balm, this is actually decent...I was surprised at its moisturizing qualities, which stayed for several hours. The stain is good too except that it tends to leave a ring around my lips and in the middle where my lips tend to rub together, making them darker. As the stain lasts several hours, I've had to make sure I fill the rest of my lips in every few hrs so the lines around and in the middle of my lips don't stand out. I like this colour although it tends to look more of a tomato red on me. For reference I have NC42 skin (tho not as yellow), and mauve-pink pigmented lips. So perhaps it's just me, bc many others here say the stain is strawberry in colour. In any case, I really like this product and it deserves its cult following. I will not repurchase bc I found the colour I was looking for in another Revlon product: the Lip Butter in Cherry Tart (also has a moderately staining quality).

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2013 11:15:00 AM More reviews by shangelica

I love me a bold red lip. However, my dry lips do not! I have been dealing with dry lips all winter that leaves my usual go to red lipstick looking flaky & gross after an hour or so. Embarrassing! Not to mention lipstick can just be an all around pain & messy.

I picked this stuff up on a whim while at CVS the other day & I am so stoked that I did. Not only is this shade of red perfect for my fair complexion but the amount of color deposited onto my lips is perfect! During the day at work, I wear a very neutral eye & I love throwing this on my lips for some color & to add a little extra 'oomph' to my look. You also can layer this for more color if you wanted to. It feels smooth & doesn't dry out my lips at all. I love that it isn't the consistency of either lipstick or lip gloss. It even wears over lip conditioner quite nicely. I don't mind this, but I do find myself re-applying every hour or so to achieve the lip look I am going for. But even as it wears off there is still color on my lips. So that 'stain' it claims it does to the lips is true. I love that it is sorta like a jumbo lip pencil shape. Once applied, it doesn't slide around or sink outside the lip line.

I have only had this for a week, but I can see that this is going to last me a good while. I do wish the price was lower for this product, but if it lasts as long as I think it will, I think it is a good deal. Overall, I definitely would recommend this product for ladies who have dry lips but don't want to give up on wearing color on them & this particular color for ladies looking for a nice red lip that isn't super thick or opaque. Even if you don't have dry lips, this stuff rules! I for sure will be picking up some of the other shades the next time I see them.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2012 6:14:00 PM More reviews by Maryso

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Pleasantly surprised with this purchase! It's my favorite lip product that I've ever had. That sounds drastic I know I know.
Great, easy packaging. Nice shape.
Pretty good amount in tube.
Glides on smoothly. I've only noticed it not gliding so smoothly when either it wasn't warmed up or my lips weren't warmed up. either way, an easy fix (roll it between your hands for a few moments.)
Nice build-able color. Not too strong on the first coat, just a nice hint. Can add more drama with more coats.
Only downside is I didn't find it very staining. Had to reapply a few times throughout the day. (The only reason I only gave it 4/5.)
Overall, I wound definitely buy again and recommend it to others!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2012 6:48:00 PM More reviews by NikkiduP

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love these balm stains! My mission is to own every colour!
Why is this good?
1) Easy to apply. No mirror needed
2) It is moisturizing. Feels like regular lip balm with amazing colour pay off!
3) Great for those with dry lips like me. No matter how often I exfoliate my lips I always have flakes! Recently tried Revlon colour stay lipstick. It was long lasting but it highlighted every dry flake and every crack in my lip! (Definitely do not recommend for dry lips)
4) The staying power is amazing! I usually time products like these and managed to get 10 hours out of this! Includes eating and drinking. Recently bought clinique chubby stick. Although slightly more moisturizing then then Revlon it only lasts a dismal 2 hours and needs constant re-application. Also costs twice the price!

In summary, you will never need another lipstick. There are colours to suite every need and every occasion! Once again Revlon has proven why it is my favourite cosmetics line!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2012 11:29:00 AM More reviews by MissMerryMakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Though it is not the most pigmented red compared to the other red lipsticks I own, it is a very nice light red. It also provides instant moisture to lips, which I thought was cool because it also had the promise of staining my lips. Sadly, though, I don't feel it works well as a stain. While it may be a tad longer lasting than some of my other lipsticks, it does fade very quickly; even when I don't eat. I use up a lot of product re-applying it throughout the day.
That being said, I still do like this product and plan to test the others to see if they stain any better! This has an excellent peppermint taste to it, too and the packaging is adorable.