October 1, 2014 | 1880 users online

Lips - Revlon - Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain- Romantic

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2013 2:54:00 PM More reviews by prettygreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't know why I held off so long on buying one of these bad boys - it's perfection! This particular shade is a really refreshing red that looks fantastic all year round and will look particularly nice in the spring instead of a harsher red lip. The colour isn't the only thing that's refreshing - the peppermint scent is delicious and the balm element is soothing and suits much better than a felt tip stain. Got it when it was on offer at superdrug for 5 instead of the usual 7.99, but I will definitely be purchasing another one at full price - which colour to go for is the only thing stopping me!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2013 8:00:00 PM More reviews by MyNameIsHoney

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

As a balm, this is actually decent...I was surprised at its moisturizing qualities, which stayed for several hours. The stain is good too except that it tends to leave a ring around my lips and in the middle where my lips tend to rub together, making them darker. As the stain lasts several hours, I've had to make sure I fill the rest of my lips in every few hrs so the lines around and in the middle of my lips don't stand out. I like this colour although it tends to look more of a tomato red on me. For reference I have NC42 skin (tho not as yellow), and mauve-pink pigmented lips. So perhaps it's just me, bc many others here say the stain is strawberry in colour. In any case, I really like this product and it deserves its cult following. I will not repurchase bc I found the colour I was looking for in another Revlon product: the Lip Butter in Cherry Tart (also has a moderately staining quality).

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2013 11:15:00 AM More reviews by shangelica

I love me a bold red lip. However, my dry lips do not! I have been dealing with dry lips all winter that leaves my usual go to red lipstick looking flaky & gross after an hour or so. Embarrassing! Not to mention lipstick can just be an all around pain & messy.

I picked this stuff up on a whim while at CVS the other day & I am so stoked that I did. Not only is this shade of red perfect for my fair complexion but the amount of color deposited onto my lips is perfect! During the day at work, I wear a very neutral eye & I love throwing this on my lips for some color & to add a little extra 'oomph' to my look. You also can layer this for more color if you wanted to. It feels smooth & doesn't dry out my lips at all. I love that it isn't the consistency of either lipstick or lip gloss. It even wears over lip conditioner quite nicely. I don't mind this, but I do find myself re-applying every hour or so to achieve the lip look I am going for. But even as it wears off there is still color on my lips. So that 'stain' it claims it does to the lips is true. I love that it is sorta like a jumbo lip pencil shape. Once applied, it doesn't slide around or sink outside the lip line.

I have only had this for a week, but I can see that this is going to last me a good while. I do wish the price was lower for this product, but if it lasts as long as I think it will, I think it is a good deal. Overall, I definitely would recommend this product for ladies who have dry lips but don't want to give up on wearing color on them & this particular color for ladies looking for a nice red lip that isn't super thick or opaque. Even if you don't have dry lips, this stuff rules! I for sure will be picking up some of the other shades the next time I see them.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2012 6:14:00 PM More reviews by Maryso

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Pleasantly surprised with this purchase! It's my favorite lip product that I've ever had. That sounds drastic I know I know.
Great, easy packaging. Nice shape.
Pretty good amount in tube.
Glides on smoothly. I've only noticed it not gliding so smoothly when either it wasn't warmed up or my lips weren't warmed up. either way, an easy fix (roll it between your hands for a few moments.)
Nice build-able color. Not too strong on the first coat, just a nice hint. Can add more drama with more coats.
Only downside is I didn't find it very staining. Had to reapply a few times throughout the day. (The only reason I only gave it 4/5.)
Overall, I wound definitely buy again and recommend it to others!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2012 6:48:00 PM More reviews by NikkiduP

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love these balm stains! My mission is to own every colour!
Why is this good?
1) Easy to apply. No mirror needed
2) It is moisturizing. Feels like regular lip balm with amazing colour pay off!
3) Great for those with dry lips like me. No matter how often I exfoliate my lips I always have flakes! Recently tried Revlon colour stay lipstick. It was long lasting but it highlighted every dry flake and every crack in my lip! (Definitely do not recommend for dry lips)
4) The staying power is amazing! I usually time products like these and managed to get 10 hours out of this! Includes eating and drinking. Recently bought clinique chubby stick. Although slightly more moisturizing then then Revlon it only lasts a dismal 2 hours and needs constant re-application. Also costs twice the price!

In summary, you will never need another lipstick. There are colours to suite every need and every occasion! Once again Revlon has proven why it is my favourite cosmetics line!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2012 11:29:00 AM More reviews by MissMerryMakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Though it is not the most pigmented red compared to the other red lipsticks I own, it is a very nice light red. It also provides instant moisture to lips, which I thought was cool because it also had the promise of staining my lips. Sadly, though, I don't feel it works well as a stain. While it may be a tad longer lasting than some of my other lipsticks, it does fade very quickly; even when I don't eat. I use up a lot of product re-applying it throughout the day.
That being said, I still do like this product and plan to test the others to see if they stain any better! This has an excellent peppermint taste to it, too and the packaging is adorable.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2012 5:12:00 AM More reviews by lizzea

This is really lovely as an alternative to lip liner as a base for red lipstick - it makes red lipstick last ages and wears nicely, albeit sheer, on its own (buildable though). Another impressive revlon product!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2012 3:08:00 PM More reviews by Rin13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

Not a fan of the color... at least not on me. To me, it looked like ketchup on my lips. Probably would be best for people that do not have cool-tones.
These are my FAVORITE lip product. They are comfortable on the lips. Smell nice. No unpleasant taste. The best part is they ACTUALLY STAIN MY LIPS! All over stains I've tried not only dry the hell out of my lips and are uncomfortable, but they don't stain.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2012 2:41:00 AM More reviews by thelilacdawn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm not really a lip person considering that I just use baby lips or chapstick. But for this a first start, I really liked it. It's a great finish. I like the peppermint smell. I apply after lunch of course to give it that freshened look. It is kissable, my boyfriend likes it. Only problem I have is how it's shaped. I would have rather it be shaped like lipstick for a little bit better application but its okay.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2012 7:38:00 PM More reviews by wiseowl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

One of the two reasons I'm reviewing this product is that I have an application tip that I think others might find useful. On to my review.
The reason I took off a lippie that is the presence of peppermint, which means people like my mother with lip sensitivities would have issues with it.
Otherwise, I am really impressed with this product. It has competed, and won, with my pricier lipsticks when I need an everyday product with few touch ups as opposed to my statement lips lipsticks. In the past, I had wondered about the Clinique chubby sticks, but now, I'm not going to bother trying the Clinique when I can get this product for less. So, while like many Revlon products it's on the pricier end of ds products, this product makes an attractive alternative to the even pricier Clinique and Tarte options. It has my husband's approval: it really is kissable. While the gloss and remaining stain last the day with normal meals and activities, I find the stain is at its most even distribution if I re-apply after lunch. By itself, the product starts out as wearable neutral red and leaves behind a natural cherryish stain.
However, I experimented and found a really useful application with this product. Wanting SPF, I first apply EOS balm with SPF protection. When I then apply the Revlon balm stain, the effect is less pigmented. Instead, it's more natural reddish--like Lipstick Queen Medieval, only lasting much longer. When the gloss fades, I still manage to have a stain, but the stain is much more even--no fading into lines or needing touch ups. I think the EOS balm acts as a primer that keeps the stain even. Also, with the EOS balm making the Revlon pigment less dramatic, the color is more work-appropriate. I'm presently getting certified to teach and film noir lips aren't exactly appropriate or feasible while spending the day in a classroom. I had thought I wouldn't be able to wear something reddish while teaching. With product combined with the EOS, the color is more of a natural MLBB, healthy lips not makeup, and I can get away with no touch ups. (Teachers are lucky if they can get a single bathroom break.) So, if any readers have similar practical challenges, consider applying a balm first with a texture that can act as a primer.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No