September 17, 2014 | 1729 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2014 3:31:00 PM More reviews by Sroupas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this foundation! I bought this in Buff while I am a nc 20-25 in MAC. The shade is perfect for my yellow undertoned olive skin!! I wore this yesterday during a concert outside in 80 degree weather with pouring rain, and my skin still looked beautiful with this on! The color really does stay. And I love the whipped creme formula and how it feels so smooth and soft on my skin. Will b repurchasing

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2014 2:33:00 PM More reviews by Suzaroos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I actually really like this foundation. I have very dry skin, and HATED the original Revlon ColorStay Foundation because it made my skin look super dry and patchy, so I was a bit skeptical as to whether or not I'd like this one. It's pretty full coverage, so I typically only wear it when I need more coverage, but I like that I have found a drug store foundation that I like that is full coverage!! It's super thick and sets fairly quick so I found the best way to apply it is to place small dots on the side of my face that I'm working on and blend it out with a kabuki brush. I think that if I were to apply it all over my face at once, by the time I got to buffing it all into my skin, it'd be too dry to maneuver. I think the color range is awesome as well. My only complaint is the packaging! It looks super nice but I don't like having to dip my fingers in when I need to get the product out. Not a big enough deal to stop me from repurchasing though! Sooo if you're a dry skin girl like me, I'd definitely pick it up!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2014 9:35:00 PM More reviews by whorific

I bought this because my dry skin did not like the revlon colorstay liquid which came off cakey and dry-looking on me. The coverage of this foundation is medium and can definitely build up to a full without caking up.

I found that for me, the best way to wear this is to mix it with a bit of moisturiser, it looks more fresh on the skin and it still provides amazing!!

Finally, this last me all school-day long and what surprises me the most is that it doesn't transfer at all on anything (or anyone ;) what so ever!!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2014 11:57:00 AM More reviews by Bunnieskat

The only reason why I am giving this a 3 because this is the only foundation that I've ever tried that doesn't oxidize on me!!!! (Knock on wood) this foundation is a medium to full coverage for me , and I do have a ton of acne scarring hear and there mostly on my cheeks. The packaging is cute but it's Unsanitary , the price is also a lol too high for a drugstore foundation .the finish is beautiful it's a nice satin finish and once it sets on ur skin (no powder) it still has that nice glow but it first budge. It doesn't get me oily at all and I have oily skin , especially when I wear a primer and powder it seriously is shine free for hours and hours I swear !!!! The one thing I really really really can't stand , and if it wasn't for this I would give it a 5 , the color selections..... REVLON YOU NEED TO ADD MORE YELLOW TONED AND DARKER FOUNDATIONS!!!!!! I swear if they carried more yellow undertones foundations like loreal , this foundation would be AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please call Revlon ad let them know that we need to add more yellow toned foundations and darker for my darker sisters. If they see that we keep complaining they will add them to the collection . Over all this is a great foundation i tried every thing from high end low end foundations , nothing worked as good as this . In mac I'm an nc 20-25

rated 3 of 5 on 5/3/2014 1:22:00 PM More reviews by LilyMakeupEvan

Saying that I never really like the Colorstay liquid for its stark matte and cakey finish, this one faired better in my books. It lasts a good 8 hours if not more on me, and yes, over time gets a nice gradual glow to it. I use my Eco tools custom coverage buffing brush, and use a scoop of this on my face, blends wonderfully and gives a glowy satin finish. It does set odd and truely sits on the skin so that is wierd but oils dont peek through so whatever. It has a medium to full coverage, only con is that the shades are NOT WARM! I am a NC40 in mac and 'Natural tan is my PERFECT shade except its freaking pink so I look grey! I am extremely yellow toned and wish they could bring out more shades of this! Also the color through the glass looks 3-4 shades lighter than what it actually is, so pick a shade that is really light for you not exact. Revlon please introduce warm undertones, till then I will not repurchase

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2014 5:01:00 PM More reviews by Willow229

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I wanted to test out a long-wear foundation product because I work ten-hour days at work and BB Cream and setting spray was just not cutting it anymore. This was my first attempt.

I went through a few attempts learning how to properly apply this. It's very thick and I started applying it using a sponge, then a brush, and then finally, my fingers. It seems to work best when applied with my fingers. It ends up cakey/streaky with a brush or sponge. It also benefits a great deal from a silicone-based primer (I use e.l.f. mineral-infused primer)

Now that I've learned how to apply it properly, I am very happy with it. I wear Buff, the 2nd lightest shade, and I am very pleased by how its cool-tones match my skin and cover any redness I have.

The wear is far better than my BB Creme was but I do find that it is far from the advertised "24 hours". By the time I get home it is clearly wearing off in places.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2014 9:14:00 PM More reviews by jewelofdenial

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have to say I love this foundation. I am a big fan of trying new products so I don't often buy the exact same product twice unless I can't find anything else that works as good for me. This is one of those cases. No matter how many foundations I try - high or low end, I come back to this one. Colorstay whipped creme foundation is one of the only foundations that doesn't oxidize on me for some reason. I did take off one lippie for the packaging, as I would much prefer a pump than the heavy glass jar, and the pricing is a tad high for drug store product. But hey, I don't mind paying for it because I like it more than my Tarte $40 foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2014 4:30:00 AM More reviews by aperilpar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

definitely one of my favorite drugstore foundations. i have extremely oily skin.. i dont expect drug store foundations to work perfectly with my skin, but this particular foundation did a pretty good job. i just wish they had a wider color selection/more yellow undertones

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2014 3:38:00 PM More reviews by chrisie

I purchased this whipped creme foundation because I liked another drugstore brand's whipped foundation.Well,expectations were completely off on this one.I like the jar & the texture was nice.The color was completely off,as in other Revlon's foundation the color ranges they offer seem more true on my skintone.This was completely wrong,even with powder & a dusting of bronzing.Not a keeper =(

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2014 10:14:00 AM More reviews by genarod

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wish there was a maybe option for repurchasing.

I decided to give this a whirl when the original revlon colorstay stopped working for me (crepey, settling into fine lines, enlarging pores, not good staying power).

I know for the liquid there was a reformulation. Not sure if that made it different, or my skin changed, or maybe it was never that great and my tastes in makeup are just more refined... Yo no se

Anywho-- I tried the whipped.

I am nc15, but a paler version of nc15 in the winter. BUFF in colorstay is the only foundation match I can seem to find in winter-- most others seem golden. Buff is more of a beige or gray undertone and suits my winter complexion pretty flawlessly.

This foundation is definitely a matte finish- that's by design so I can't consider it a flaw, but although this doesn't settle into lines as bad as the liquid- it still certainly does it to a degree. You NEED to moisturize with this and I also need a good silicone based primer to fill in my pores before applying.

After all that prep work-- this honestly just looks OK. It photographs really nicely. I have to give it that-- but IRL I don't feel all that spectacular.

The REAL downside to this product, and I know it's been touched on countless times-- the packaging.

It is SO bulky and inconvenient and so unhygienic to boot!!

The thick glass jar is definitely not travel friendly.

Moreover I've read several people saying their foundation grew mold.

Now-- I would ONLY use this as a winter foundation. I have a jar from this past winter that I used maybe in January and February. So it looks new and I know I won't touch it until November.

By that time it'll probably be a Petri dish. The $15 I spent on this foundation completely down the drain then.

Honestly why not put this in a tube???

Pros:
Perfect color match for winter skin (for me)
Doesn't sink into lines as badly as CS liquid
Leaves a more natural finish than CS liquid
Photographs nicely

Cons:
HATEFUL PACKAGING
Still a bit crepey and unnatural

Will I rebuy? I'd really love to find a winter foundation, but if I can't find on I guess this works in a pinch.

Definitely not in love...

I would happily gift this to an nc15 friend