October 1, 2014 | 1794 users online

Lips - Revlon - Just Bitten Kissable Stain Balm - Crush

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2012 11:49:00 PM More reviews by mirageangelhope

I find this to be more of a maroon color as opposed to the darker berry I was expecting from online swatches
.On my pale skin the maroon color doesn't look nice on me I end up needing to put nyx's lipstick in chaos overtop to make it look like a very dark berry color.
I won't repurchase this shade but most any other color of the 8 I own would get repurchased.

EVEN though I'm not a fan pf the color it still does everything that it says it will do it glossy it stain the lips doesn't dry them out.I still find that this products mint scent is over bearing but other than that love the line

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2012 8:04:00 PM More reviews by Rhonda2010

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Excellent lip stain and the perfect dupe for Tarte's lip stains. Crush is a deep berry color that is well suited to medium nw30/35 skin tones. I can understand fair complexions feeling this is goth.

I own a Tarte lip stain. Revlon's lip stains are identical in packaging, smell, application, etc. This was only 4 bucks on sale and I was just about to purchase "moody" by Tarte, same as color as "crush", for nearly 20 bucks. Thank goodness I stopped at rite-aid first! This doesn't dry my skin out and it lasts a good 4 hours or more on me. Like others have said, lips in need of exfoliating will hinder the true look of this. But that's the case with any lipstick, gloss, etc.

Application tips for these: Either dab on and go, or apply like lipstick then completely tissue off. The stain will be left behind.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2012 9:35:00 PM More reviews by Morganox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

So I tried out the revlon just bitten with the balm and stain separate and was terribly dissapointed, but I decided not to give up and give this one a go and I'm so glad I did the colour is perfect for my very pale N3 skin it goes great with black winged eyeliner and you can build it up or wear it light it's great for quick look.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2012 12:29:00 AM More reviews by melangerehab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Well jeez. My pale ass should have taken a closer look before buying this one - I bought it a while ago when it was the top-rated Revlon Just Bitten stain on here.

Nooooot working for my skin, methinks. I have fairly neutral skin that looks good with both warm and cool toned makeup, and this one cosmetic is the ONE THING I've tried that looks god awful on me. Maybe I've just gotten lucky buying makeup, who knows, but a lip stain that makes me look green and yellow is good for Halloween, not much else.

I'm not rating on the color, though, colors work different for everyone. It lasts a long time but it feathers AND rests in the cracks of your lips veeeery easily. If you're wearing a very bold lip, it is VERY easy to mess it up, and you need quality - I would recommend a more dependable formula in a bold lip product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2012 4:11:00 PM More reviews by joy2uandme

Update: I found I like this when I mix it with the crazy ass color precious which is a milky weird color on its own but mixed with this magenta it calms it down so I can wear it so both balm stains are redeemed. If you find you hate this color as is try it mixed.

If you have some color in your face or can pull off the look that you have been eating grape popsicles non stop for 24 hours then this is the color for you. I could not pull this lip color off and unfortunately just a little of this balm stain lasted all day on me so a great bargain. Geesh. Beware if you are NC 25/30 or lighter and not into vibrant purple lips.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2012 6:45:00 PM More reviews by Seattlemama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a lovely product but the color does not work for my superpale, yellow undertoned NC15 skin. I really like the formula of these balm stains - they're just like Clinique's Chubby Sticks at half the price and with a bit more intensity and less shine than those. And the color lasts longer than Chubby Sticks. I do wish the color of the packaging were a more accurate reflection of the product within, as they are sealed for hygiene so you can't open them at the drugstore to see what the true color is. Because of that, I thought this would be a mellow cranberry/wine color. In fact the color is a very bright deep magenta. So overall this is a fantastic product for someone who looks great with bright, deep magenta lips.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2012 3:50:00 AM More reviews by KateSchuette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this. It's a fairly low cost option for a lip stain, and the color is a nice sheer berry. I'll either dab just a bit on for a natural pop or do a few extra swipes for a more vibrant look. I love how it's eye-catching but doesn't look overdone.

It's not very moisturizing so you might need an additional balm.

FYI, I'm a ginger girl so it might be a good choice if you have red hair, too ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2012 3:46:00 AM More reviews by FloweryCheese

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A nice color that's comfortable to wear and lasts a bit longer than other lip colors.

I'm an NC44 w/ dark hair and eyes. I love the way lipstick looks on me but hate reapplying, so I tried this product based on the good reviews.

The product lasted 3-4 hours, and I was a bit disappointed as I expected all-day wear. But it faded evenly (even after eating), unlike other long-wear products I've tried that fade only in the center of the lips, leaving an unflattering ring of color behind. Also, it wasn't as drying as the Colorstay Overtime Lip Color. At first it felt very moisturizing and luxe on the lips, but in a few hours, my lips did feel chapped.

Watching the product go on was sort of fun too. As I put it on, I saw part of the product absorbing into my lips (acting like a marker/stain), and part of the product sitting on top of my lips like a regular lipstick. So if you're into novelty cosmetics, this may be a fun one.

I gave it a 4 for price because it is expensive for a drugstore product - $9.

Finally, the color: it's a flattering deep berry color that will be perfect for fall. Not goth at all on darker skintones.

I may be picking this up in a few more colors if there is a sale. Romantic is supposed to be a brick red that I think may be flattering on darker skintones, and Sweetheart is a deep pink that I think would be nice for my more minimal makeup look days.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2012 4:36:00 PM More reviews by loriann52

This is an absolutely perfect product. I never tried lipstains before, as I have only ever heard bad things about them. This is completely different than a typical stain, because it doesn't dry out your lips at all. It gives a flush of colour (which you can build up or just put it lightly on for a hint of colour). It looks like lipstick when you first apply it, but as it wears off it just looks like your lips are that colour. "Stain" is the perfect word to describe it. It lasts for hours, and it's definitely "kissable" as well, as it won't come off your lips. It smells kind of odd and minty at first, but the smell fades quickly. I also have found that this product is tasteless (which I find good, because I've encountered many lip products that taste disgusting). I have bought six shades of these now.
As for this particular colour, it is a wine-raspberry colour. It isn't bright, unlike most of these lip balm stains, which I found nice. I really don't see why people are calling this colour "gothy" as I don't find it dark at all. These people are probably just building up the colour a lot by putting too much product on. I find it the perfect amount of colour, and its berry tone is very nice. The colour lasts for hours (I've been wearing mine for 5.5hrs and it still looks awesome).
Buy these!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2012 2:30:00 PM More reviews by theinfinitepet

I have fallen in love with the Revlon balm stains! They don't dry your lips and stain your lips for a good 5-6 hours. This Crush color kind of scared me at first, but it's actually quite a good wine color when you try it on. Out of the balm stains I have, Crush is the one that lasts the longest, probably because its one of the darker shades. I also love how easy these are to apply and how affordable they are!