November 24, 2014 | 1823 users online

Lips - Revlon - Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain - Lovesick

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2012 11:53:00 AM More reviews by eva1108

This product is my favorite lip color product to come out from any company in years. I struggle with lip colors because they just don't stay and any stains I have tried have left my lips dry and the color wasn't too great either. This product goes on smooth. It has a very light minty scent. This color, Lovesick, is a bright fuscia. It stays on well enough, but as long as you still feel the balm on your lips you will leave behind a bit of color on whatever your lips touch. I didn't find that as the balm wore off that my lips felt dry. It is possible to apply again without any problems with the stain going funky as I have had others do. The lip color stays on my lips for three hours with minimal fading and if I re-apply it is an absolute pill to take off (which I like because it is a stain). It is not kissable until the balm wears off.. unless your sweetheart wants some color for their lips too.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2012 6:35:00 PM More reviews by scareyj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I'm loving this color! Mmmmm...hmmmm what a sexy bright shade. I must admit I have very pigmented lips to begin with so this isn't as bright on me as it may be on others. I enjoy the minty smell and I especially like that stain that this balm leaves behind. I plan to purchase at least a couple of more colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2012 5:48:00 PM More reviews by corviddreams

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a lovely medium bright pink on me. The stain lasts a long while after the balm has worn off. Although the formula feels a little drying, it isn't nearly as bad as most stains I have tried.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2012 12:35:00 AM More reviews by cksa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am nothing but pleased with the quality and convenience of the Revlon Kissable Balm Stains thus far, but color-wise, it took a small skip to make Lovesick in particular work for me. As others have noted, the moisturizing effect of the balm wears off within an hour, and Lovesick is definitely very staining. The color is also super bright, and I wouldn't be surprised if it's the color used in the promo images. When I wear it layered up to make it look like the promo/tube color, it's a cool-toned rosey fuchsia...cranked up to 11. I rarely find color tones that my neutral-warm skin tone doesn't like, but clearly this is one of them! I look trashy, no matter how neatly coiffed the rest of me is! What I've discovered, though, is that because Lovesick is so apt to stain, I can just make one pass of the balm over my lips and leave it at that, and my lips adopt a rosey tint--just enough to bring the right dose of color to my otherwise pigmented but low-saturation lips, without looking like the too-cheery cherry popsicle look that most other popular stains would confer (think Benetint). It's more raspberry than the pink that the developed Honey looks like on me, so it's actually more natural-looking than Honey. And just that light stain lasts for so long! I like it a lot for that! So I'm giving it a 5 overall, even though the full-on color didn't work for me. I probably would buy this again because I really like the light stain look!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2012 9:47:00 PM More reviews by crissy234

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a bright fuscia color. I like the way it applies to the lips smoothly and the minty flavor of the balm. For me, this color lasts almost all day! The balm part does fade away, but it's easy to reapply or you can put a regular balm on top if you're scared of making the color even more intense. This probably isn't a color for people that don't like bright colors, but I think it's a fun one to wear, especially for spring/summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2012 3:54:00 PM More reviews by candied

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product retails for $7.99 at my local Rite Aid and I purchased it during one of their 40% off sales. Lovesick is a gorgeous, bright rosey-fuchsia color (if that makes sense). JBKBS are lightly mint scented, but I can't detect a scent or flavor shortly after application on the lips. They are in twist-up lip crayon form (similar to Tarte's LipSurgences) and apply smoothly and build up color evenly. The texture of JBKBS is really nice; feels moisturizing and glides along your lips nicely, yet not too slippery. Applied heavily, the color is as intense and true to the appearance of Emma Stone's lips in the ad. Applied lightly, it gives a hint of brightness that is very wearable in my opinion. Initially, the product leaves you with a glossy finish that wears away within the first hour or so, and you're left with intense color with a satin-y finish on your lips. Very comfortable, and the color wears evenly over the course of the day -- I can still see a nice stain at the end of the workday, so the lasting power on these is at least 7-8 hours.

I am NC35-40 / MUFE F+B 32 & 34, and currently have (and love) this color, Lovesick, and Rendezvous.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2012 6:04:00 PM More reviews by sweetgardenangel

Lovesick is the prettiest pink balm stain! It's hue is a real popping medium pink. (I wore it with a very complimentary cream blush by Revlon Photoshop called Flush and the combination was dynamite.) The moisturizing effects are astounding. It feels so comfortable on the lips. There is absolutely no feathering, nor a need for a lip liner.

The lasting ability on my lips would be 5 hours and that included lunch and iced tea. The application is like the Clinique Clubby sticks and is a dream to apply. It doesn't pull the lips. I have not tried a gloss as a top coat to dab in the center of the lips to give it some glisten, but eventually will experiment with this technique.

Price can't be beat, when it's 40% off at Rite-Aid. I also bought Crush and Smitten which have not been tested yet. For a cheap thrill, go for it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2012 3:30:00 PM More reviews by 1017

This is a very beautiful color. On first application, it is a just as rich and bright to me as the ad shows. But once "dabbed" off a bit it settles to a juicy stain. Beautiful spring fuschia rose color...beautiful. Revlon...what ever you are doing differently...keep on doing it. These are light years better than your other lip stains.

For reference I am NW20 and the shade can over power me, especially if I don't have make up on, but it does work with my skin tone. I also have almost black hair, brown eyes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2012 6:42:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

I went back for a few more shades and had to get Lovesick. It might not appear as bright or as dark as it does on Emma Stone, and that could be because of her natural lip pigmentation. They usually never tell you what is really being used in ad's, or they Photoshop. If you keep applying this shade through the day, you'll get a brighter stain. Lovesick is a lighter fuchsia, so don't be afraid that it will become too purple or too hot pink. It's in between. Nowhere near as intense as the other fuchsias from Revlon. This is wearable, but still a nice pop of color. If you line with this and then fill in, your lips appear plumper. The lasting power of the stain is at least 7-8 hours. It fades gradually over time.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2012 8:45:00 PM More reviews by 950NorthMain

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The color of lovesick is a vibrant not quite neon magenta-ish fuchsia. It is in the same vein as Mac Show Orchid without the duo chrome. It is not a bubble gum pink at all. I bought this color just based on the pic of Emma Stone on the store display and it is very true to life. Just a gorgeous modern color. Texture is what you would want it to be, not drying, not sticky, not slick. Slight glossiness. Love, love, love. Looks like I will own all of these, sigh.