October 24, 2014 | 1041 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Expert Face Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2014 4:45:00 AM More reviews by Nicole100687

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Black

Flawless finish!
I use a gentle stippling motion. I put a little foundation onto the brush and then gently buff my foundation into my skin.
Really airbrushed soft look - LOVE IT!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2014 3:04:00 AM More reviews by Melissamorales2016

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Never do I ever post reviews , I usually read them lol but I just had to about this brush !! This brush makes my makeup look super flawless , I use it with the loreal true match foundation , dot it all over my face and buff it in . I get sooo many compliments on how good my skin looks , little do they know I have many acne scars from when I was younger ! Seriously this brush is amazing , defintly gives off the airbrush finishing look . Love this product

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2014 3:18:00 PM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

PROS

- soft
- dense
- no shedding
- gives coverage

CONS

- none

COMMENTS: I like this, but not for applying my foundation. I prefer a sponge for that, however I will be using this for liquid contour as I can really press/blend the product into the skin and make it look natural. It's soft and dense, so it provides more coverage from your foundation. It doesn't shed and the shape is also very helpful in getting into smaller areas of the face.

Will repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/24/2014 11:16:00 AM More reviews by purplepolkadots

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

It just did not work for me at all, I have other real techniques brushes that I wouldnt be without but this is just not one of them. It made the application process quite awkward I have to say, my foundation just didnt sit right with this and I regret buying it

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2014 1:43:00 AM More reviews by happinessinpink

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've had this brush for a while now and can safely say that it is amazing.
I use this brush to blend in my foundation and my concealer as well (I like to use a small brush to start blending in my concealer, and then I bring in this brush to finish it off) and it works beautifully. I've had this for about half a year and, not even exaggerating, it has not shed a single hair. I try to be gentle when cleaning my brushes but to be honest I end up being quite rough with them anyway and this brush has remained perfect for months despite that. The bristles were super soft and felt great on my skin when I first bought it and it still does now.
At the moment, the way I blend in my foundation is by applying it to my skin with my fingers and blending it in slightly before using my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush to blend it right into my skin and get it looking perfectly and it really does do a perfect job of it.
I would definitely repurchase this brush although I really don't think I'll ever have to (unless I manage to lose it) because the quality is exceptional!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2014 1:09:00 AM More reviews by ivanenrile

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This foundation brush made my liquid foundation look blotchy and streaky that I had to go over spots and buff them with my kabuki flat top brush.

It's so sad that every one's liking and raving about this brush, and I'm the only one who has had a negative experience with it. I really wanted to like this. It would probably work better with cream or powder foundation.

Edit: I somehow made this brush work by going really aggressive buffing the foundation onto my skin more than I usually have to using my other buffing brushes. I don't know if that's a good or bad thing. Because the head is very small, buffing took longer than usual. My hand hurt at the end of the day and felt like I had carpal tunnel.

My ratings still stand, and no I still won't be repurchasing this brush.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2014 3:51:00 PM More reviews by fierymiss

After reading so many rave reviews about this brush, I finally decided to give up my Ecotools foundation brush (which started to pinch my face), and buy this one. A+ decision. I haven't tried many brushes but I know for sure that I'll always come back to this one. It's cheap (it cost me around 10 euros) and it's effective. Its bristles are incredibly soft, dense and thick. It's really easy to wash and if you use it with a good foundation (I use it with Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation) and the results are very professional. Like I came out of a Vogue magazine lol.
This is my first RT brush but once my other brushes go bad I'll definitely get more. Ladies, the hype is totally justified. Go get this brush!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2014 6:31:00 AM More reviews by kremvanilia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like my brush, but it does shed bristles as well as my stippling brush. I do love them tho and i will repurchase hoping that those were from the bad batch

rated 3 of 5 on 4/18/2014 6:22:00 PM More reviews by Viviana25

The black part of the handle broke as soon as i got this brush. Besides that, and because i fix it with super glue, I don like it for foundation because it leaves a lot of streaks..., so i think ill be using it for countouring with cream products or even powders... Didnt blew me away as i expected from all the hype...

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2014 10:34:00 PM More reviews by MarissaS05

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So torn between this and my stippling. I have experienced minor shedding but nothing I can't work around! It's perfect for nearly everything I've ever tried to do with it.