August 27, 2014 | 1799 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Expert Face Brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2014 7:40:00 PM More reviews by LPomona

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

WHOA! Believe the hype, my friends. I just learned about this brush from the Board - can you say, "out of the loop?" My initial thought was that it looked really cheesy - the weird handle, etc., but after reading the reviews here, AND everywhere on the 'net, I decided it was a very low-risk purchase in every way...ie. fab reviews & low price.
Fast-forward . . . I've used it 3 or 4 times & it blows every foundation brush I've ever used right out of the water. (Each of my other brushes cost 4 or 5 times(!) what this one does, so go freakin' figure.)
Applies my (liquid) foundation effortlessly & elegantly, and I definitely use a bit less foundation than I usually do - with fingers, or other brushes. It's softness is legendary and its weight/heft in the hand feels just right. Also, the handle length is convenient / not too short, & will be good for travel. Yes, it looks a little different, but this is truly a gem. Will now start researching the other brushes from this line :D

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2014 2:04:00 PM More reviews by dolcefan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love Real Techniques brushes...but this is a let down for me. I have found this doesn't blend certain formulas of foundation as well as others. It worked great with my Kat Von D Lock it (buffed it in nicely on my skin, no streaks, quite even), but sucks up soooo much of my other liquid foundations I use (and waste) much more of the product. IMO this is too small and oddly shaped to be a great 'all-around' foundation brush. Also, this is the only RT brush I have trouble getting truly clean. When I deep-clean my brushes once a week, I always have to give this one two washes to get all the gunk (product) out. I find it difficult to lather and really stubborn. This is despite daily anti-bacterial spot-cleaning. I would not re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2014 3:37:00 PM More reviews by Sweetbre3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Favorite foundation brush, use it everyday. LOVE!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2014 11:05:00 PM More reviews by Sgoosie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great brush I use it for my revlon colorstay and my covergirl outlast 3 in 1 makes me use less foundation good blending and buffing good buy highly recommend

hello again to day is a sad day my expert face brush died to day I was washing it and the bressel part came out poor thing it was only 4 months old RIP expert face brush I took good care of it to you will be missed ;0

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2014 10:41:00 PM More reviews by miamc12321

I had heard and seen great reviews on this brush. I knew I loved the slanted foundation brush, so with all of that in mind I knew I had to try this brush. With their great return policy, I picked it up at Ulta. At first touch, the bristles are very soft yet firm. No bristles shed from it upon touching it which is a plus. The real test was how well it applied my Skin79. It passed with flying colors. The B.B. cream went on flawlessly. The coverage was amazing. It seemed to take much less product than usual to get it the way I wanted it. Cleaning the brush was a breeze. No where near as difficult as some of my other brushes. I have to say I'm loving this brush. I'm so glad I purchased this brush. I would highly recommend this brush to anyone. Great brush and I cannot wait to try other brushes from Samantha Chapman.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/23/2014 12:42:00 PM More reviews by queenofthenile

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong with this brush but I just don't understand the excellent reviews. I've been using it to apply liquid foundation but it looks so streaky that I have no choice but to blend it with my fingers. Perhaps this would work better with powder products, but with liquid, it's a complete let down. I'll stick to my Beauty Blender sponge.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2014 11:39:00 AM More reviews by bbarfield12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really love this brush! It is my go to foundation brush. It's the perfect size and blends my liquid foundation beautifully! I love that it is dense, but not super super sense. I recently bought a new foundation from tarte and it came with a very dense and smaller width foundation brush. With my sensitive and acne prone skin I really don't like using those types of foundations brushes because they really pull and tug on my skin and cause irritation. This brush is the perfect foundation brush and the price is awesome! Very great quality for the $!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/22/2014 3:33:00 PM More reviews by andonthatnote

SO overrated for liquid foundation. I'm not sure what the rationale was for shaping the brush the way they did, but the only use I've been able to get out of it has been for blending concealer under my eyes and around my nose. But I would never have spent that much money on a brush for something that I could do with my fingers just as well! It's too small to blend foundation well and too dense for bronzer or blush, unless you like looking like a clown. Really not sure what the uses for this brush were supposed to be but I am sure disappointed. From the way everyone on youtube raved you'd think this was some kind of holy grail product! To use it for stippling or buffing requires way more time, effort, and product than is necessary and it never looks as good as with a flat-top brush like the one Real Techniques makes (or save yourself a few bucks and get the E.L.F. Powder Brush).

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2014 8:54:00 PM More reviews by BexieMUA

Best foundation brush! So inexpensive for the great quality of brush you're getting. Dense and soft. Best thing for liquid foundations!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2014 11:47:00 PM More reviews by Brooklynetallene

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Use this brush almost everyday. You get flawless coverage with this ! So cheap too.