December 22, 2014 | 1811 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Setting Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2013 11:58:00 AM More reviews by glamerous3059

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

just brought this brush from Ulta and I love it! its awesome the brush is soft, easy to use. no oder or smell, im trying to get the entire real techniques collection. I love Ulta coupons so with the help of them I will get all of these.. awesome!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2013 9:06:00 AM More reviews by evapop

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

There has been an epic battle waged under my eyes for years. Dark circles vs cakey circles. Tears were shed, comments about looking tired were made. That is, until this brush helped bring peace to this slightly fine lined land.

When I use my big fluffy brush to set undereye concealer, it would sometimes buff way the product. When I used a velour puff, it sometimes caked the product and applied too much powder. This amazing brush rectifies the problem. Sets without disrupting the concealer and the soft bristles place just the right amount of powder. Have used this over NYX HD concealer and Revlon Photoready concealer, setting with elf hd powder, nyx flat not matte, rimmel stay matte and cover girl trublend. All combos had with great results.

It's small enough to set around my nose and on upper lip area, where I also tend to use concealer. While soft, it's firm enough that I may buy another for highlighting tops of cheeks and down center of nose. Finally, I have washed this several times, and no shedding.

PROS:
- great for setting concealer - works with a number of powders
- soft, amazing feel
- good size for undereyes as well as for highlighting
- well made - the pink aluminum is cute and sturdy
- stands up to multiple washes
- dries quickly

CONS:
- none really - other than now I am going to buy another

Have been getting hooked on real techniques lately, and this brush reinforces my love for them. Cute, inexpensive and work!

16 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2013 3:06:00 PM More reviews by gildoush22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

best setting brush I used it a little small to do all of your face, buts its perfect for setting concealer under eyes. a MUST have

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2013 8:29:00 AM More reviews by Parisa909

This brush + the Ben Nye 'Banana Powder' = the perfect combination! It's the most perfect size for the under-eye area, the bristles hold the powder, as opposed to eating it up and evenly diffuse the powder exactly where you want it to be. It's domed, tapered head means it gets right into your under-eye area but never disturbs the concealer either. Compared to the Contour Brush, the head of the Setting Brush is about half the size. Prior to getting this brush I was using the Deluxe Crease brush, which is good for setting powder too, but I just prefer the Setting Brush. It washes well, dries fast and retains it's shape. Another excellent brush from the Real Techniques line!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2013 9:32:00 PM More reviews by Rachel1234

This brush is the perfect size for applying my Bare Escentuals "Well Rested" concealer/brightener around my eyes. It feels soft as a feather and applies lightly and evenly. No overapplication, no clumps, no flakes, no bristles coming out, not harsh on skin. Just a perfect, smooth, natural application every time.

And what's more, this was only $5.00 at Ulta. Unbelievable. I like this just as much as my far more expensive brushes. Awesome price for this little gem. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2013 10:09:00 AM More reviews by Elishka

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

First it looked too small, but within a week it became my most favourite brush. Perfect brush for small blushers and especially for applying the highlighters on top of your cheeks. Excellent brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2013 9:49:00 AM More reviews by Leahcd

Cant live without my real techniques brushes. love every single one of them!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2013 6:47:00 PM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the whole line of real technique brushes!!! I love using this brush for setting my under eye concealer! You could also use this for applying highlighter to the face! Love that it's soft and easy to clean! Definitely would repurchase and check out the other brushes! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2013 12:58:00 AM More reviews by babyjane14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this brush mainly to set my under eye area with translucent powder after I have concealed. Sometimes I will use it for applying highlighter.

It is fairly small which works great to get right up into the eye area and for placing highlighter precisely where I want it. The quality of this brush is really good and I would go as far to say its better than most of the low price range brushes we can buy here in Australia. The bristles are made out of Taklon (synthetic) which are great as it can be used for liquid/cream and powder products. The handle is a gorgeous pink with a metallic finish and the rubberized end is good for holding the brush and standing it upright on surfaces.

Absolutely love this brush, I would definitely recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2013 8:31:00 PM More reviews by graceyk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this brush! I use it for applying powder over my under eye concealer. It is really soft, and a great size for small areas. It picks up plenty of product so I tap off quite a bit of product. For the price it is a great buy. I definitely recommend.