Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Setting Brush

4.7

on 1/14/2014 1:08:00 PM

I freakin' love this thing. I use it every day for setting my under eye concealed or for highlighting. Best setting brush out there!

on 1/14/2014 11:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

This is definitely my favorite brush out of all the Real Techniques brushes. I own most of the line and find most of the brushes to be very multi-purpose, but the Setting Brush is one that I reach for daily and plan to have many backups of.

It's great for highlighting the cheekbones because it's just small enough to swipe on top of the cheek and not the whole cheek. It's dense enough to pick up product but not too much product, and the fibers are fluffy enough to blend out the color without overblending. It's small enough to apply a bit of highlight on the browbone at the same time -- just turn it on its side and lightly brush on your skin.

The brush itself is not super small. But its size and shape can precisely apply and blend out color for contouring and bronzing.

It's the perfect size for setting powder under the eyes. Done with one swipe under each eye.

The quality of the brush is superb, like all Real Techniques brushes. Super soft bristles, cruelty-free, doesn't splay, washes easily, dries fast, and hasn't shed a single hair.

on 1/12/2014 6:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Unbelievable setting brush that I use for setting under eye powder and using it for contouring. Quality is amazing and the price is too. Every one of the brushes I have tried from RT is awesome and such great quality. I seriously will never bother with anything else now. I was looking at MAC and Sigma before I found RT.

on 1/9/2014 8:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This brush is perfect for what I use it for - to contour. This is the absolute best brush to "draw" precise contour lines underneath your cheekbones. I also use it on my nose, which it does a pretty good job of too (although a bit too big for that). Then with a fluffier brush, I blend the lines.

on 1/9/2014 8:46:00 AM

Very good brush for highlighter or setting powder under eyes or anywhere where you dont want to use a big brush.
Doesnt shed at all, very soft bristles.

I really enjoy this brush. You can use it for many different products/ways! It's just the perfect size to set your under eye concealer & it's small enough to contour your cheeks and slim your nose! I've use this brush with creams and powders and I find it applies both perfectly!

on 1/6/2014 11:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I use this with translucent powder to set my under eye concealer. I highly recommend RT brushes. This is soft, tapered, and just dense enough without being too heavy (does that make sense?)

I have washed all my RT brushes a million times and none of them have lost their shape or bristles. Love it!!

on 1/3/2014 8:33:00 AM

Great brush to apply setting powder in undereye area, corners of the lips, and undereye area. For those rushed days, this is great for setting concealer on blemishes without any foundation.

on 12/28/2013 10:32:00 AM

I didn't have high hopes for this brush but it is actually great tool so I ordered a second one of them. It's good for blending under eyes concealer because its soft for the eye area and easy to use-perfect size. My other use for it which is even more often, is applying powder highlighter. It amazingly applies the right amount without overdoing. For some reason every time I used a different brush,it came out wrong, so I love it for the highlighter part.

on 12/24/2013 6:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

I love this brush, actually the whole range of real techniques brushes! I have many brushes including mac, napoleon, sigma ect but I still keep coming back to this. I bought one on a whim as I neded something for a contour and highlight and this worked amazingly. Went back again a week later and bought another to use to blend out my under eye concealer and the result is flawless. This brush is amazing and for $15 (AUD) it's a steal.... Recommend this for sure!

Popular Makeup Brushes