October 23, 2014 | 2175 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Setting Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2013 3:06:00 PM More reviews by gildoush22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

best setting brush I used it a little small to do all of your face, buts its perfect for setting concealer under eyes. a MUST have

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2013 8:29:00 AM More reviews by Parisa909

This brush + the Ben Nye 'Banana Powder' = the perfect combination! It's the most perfect size for the under-eye area, the bristles hold the powder, as opposed to eating it up and evenly diffuse the powder exactly where you want it to be. It's domed, tapered head means it gets right into your under-eye area but never disturbs the concealer either. Compared to the Contour Brush, the head of the Setting Brush is about half the size. Prior to getting this brush I was using the Deluxe Crease brush, which is good for setting powder too, but I just prefer the Setting Brush. It washes well, dries fast and retains it's shape. Another excellent brush from the Real Techniques line!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2013 9:32:00 PM More reviews by Rachel1234

This brush is the perfect size for applying my Bare Escentuals "Well Rested" concealer/brightener around my eyes. It feels soft as a feather and applies lightly and evenly. No overapplication, no clumps, no flakes, no bristles coming out, not harsh on skin. Just a perfect, smooth, natural application every time.

And what's more, this was only $5.00 at Ulta. Unbelievable. I like this just as much as my far more expensive brushes. Awesome price for this little gem. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2013 10:09:00 AM More reviews by Elishka

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

First it looked too small, but within a week it became my most favourite brush. Perfect brush for small blushers and especially for applying the highlighters on top of your cheeks. Excellent brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2013 9:49:00 AM More reviews by Leahcd

Cant live without my real techniques brushes. love every single one of them!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2013 6:47:00 PM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the whole line of real technique brushes!!! I love using this brush for setting my under eye concealer! You could also use this for applying highlighter to the face! Love that it's soft and easy to clean! Definitely would repurchase and check out the other brushes! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2013 12:58:00 AM More reviews by babyjane14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this brush mainly to set my under eye area with translucent powder after I have concealed. Sometimes I will use it for applying highlighter.

It is fairly small which works great to get right up into the eye area and for placing highlighter precisely where I want it. The quality of this brush is really good and I would go as far to say its better than most of the low price range brushes we can buy here in Australia. The bristles are made out of Taklon (synthetic) which are great as it can be used for liquid/cream and powder products. The handle is a gorgeous pink with a metallic finish and the rubberized end is good for holding the brush and standing it upright on surfaces.

Absolutely love this brush, I would definitely recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2013 8:31:00 PM More reviews by graceyk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this brush! I use it for applying powder over my under eye concealer. It is really soft, and a great size for small areas. It picks up plenty of product so I tap off quite a bit of product. For the price it is a great buy. I definitely recommend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2013 4:13:00 PM More reviews by susiej

Great little brush- if you buy sight unseen- it is small but you can get an appreciation of the scale if you watch any of Sam's videos on her site, which was a great idea.

I find it maybe one of the less softer brushes in the RT range but it's fine, not rough just not feather soft like the buffing or expert face brushes. I find it a really versatile brush for powders that need applied in small, directed areas. Whether that is highlighter or face powder. You can even use it for powder blushes if you like to use the smaller surface area for a sculpted and directional application.

Like all the RT brushes- it feels well made, doesn't shed and is easily washed/fast drying.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2013 8:01:00 PM More reviews by rhildo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this because I wanted a small face brush for contouring and this does that job and more. It is marketed as a setting brush, which it does very well - I have dry skin so only really use powder to set my undereye concealer and, if needed, through my T zone - the small size with a tapered head makes this brush amazing for this task as it only puts powder where you want. Oh, and it won't disrupt your concealer because it is so soft and precise. It is fantastic for highlighting and contouring for the same reason, it allows an unparalleled sense of control. Overall a very underrated and fantastic brush!