August 30, 2014 | 1593 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Setting Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2013 10:09:00 AM More reviews by Elishka

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

First it looked too small, but within a week it became my most favourite brush. Perfect brush for small blushers and especially for applying the highlighters on top of your cheeks. Excellent brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2013 9:49:00 AM More reviews by Leahcd

Cant live without my real techniques brushes. love every single one of them!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2013 6:47:00 PM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the whole line of real technique brushes!!! I love using this brush for setting my under eye concealer! You could also use this for applying highlighter to the face! Love that it's soft and easy to clean! Definitely would repurchase and check out the other brushes! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2013 12:58:00 AM More reviews by babyjane14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this brush mainly to set my under eye area with translucent powder after I have concealed. Sometimes I will use it for applying highlighter.

It is fairly small which works great to get right up into the eye area and for placing highlighter precisely where I want it. The quality of this brush is really good and I would go as far to say its better than most of the low price range brushes we can buy here in Australia. The bristles are made out of Taklon (synthetic) which are great as it can be used for liquid/cream and powder products. The handle is a gorgeous pink with a metallic finish and the rubberized end is good for holding the brush and standing it upright on surfaces.

Absolutely love this brush, I would definitely recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2013 8:31:00 PM More reviews by graceyk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this brush! I use it for applying powder over my under eye concealer. It is really soft, and a great size for small areas. It picks up plenty of product so I tap off quite a bit of product. For the price it is a great buy. I definitely recommend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2013 4:13:00 PM More reviews by susiej

Great little brush- if you buy sight unseen- it is small but you can get an appreciation of the scale if you watch any of Sam's videos on her site, which was a great idea.

I find it maybe one of the less softer brushes in the RT range but it's fine, not rough just not feather soft like the buffing or expert face brushes. I find it a really versatile brush for powders that need applied in small, directed areas. Whether that is highlighter or face powder. You can even use it for powder blushes if you like to use the smaller surface area for a sculpted and directional application.

Like all the RT brushes- it feels well made, doesn't shed and is easily washed/fast drying.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2013 8:01:00 PM More reviews by rhildo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this because I wanted a small face brush for contouring and this does that job and more. It is marketed as a setting brush, which it does very well - I have dry skin so only really use powder to set my undereye concealer and, if needed, through my T zone - the small size with a tapered head makes this brush amazing for this task as it only puts powder where you want. Oh, and it won't disrupt your concealer because it is so soft and precise. It is fantastic for highlighting and contouring for the same reason, it allows an unparalleled sense of control. Overall a very underrated and fantastic brush!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2013 5:31:00 PM More reviews by Spurklie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Thank you Sam Chapman for creating this brush. There has long, long been a gap in the market when it comes to brushes smaller than a blush/contour, but bigger than a domed eye blender brush. The only two I have had that came close were the MAC 225 (perfect, but discontinued, natch) and EDM eye kabuki (slightly too dense for a setting brush, but has its uses).

I needed, craved, a brush for setting of undereye concealer with powder and subtle highlight of cheekbones, that was not too big and not too small. I also didn't want to pay the Hakuhodo prices, awesome as they may be. Apparently Ms Chapman noticed the dearth of this type of brush too, as I've noticed in her earlier videos mentioning that the MAC 225 was discontinued and MAC always discontinue the good brushes. Enter the RT Setting Brush.

Perfectly sized for the undereye area, effective yet light as a feather for a sweep of setting powder like LM Secret Brightening Powder, it applies perfectly without dislodging any concealer underneath. Tapered and slightly flat it fits into the sides of the nose between the eyes. Synthetic bristles, dries overnight after washing. As with all RT brushes a very reasonable price, and praise be doesn't come in a set so you can buy this on its own merits and not be stuck with other ok-but-not-as-great brushes.

I have built a collection of RT brushes without even noticing, they just do their job quietly, effectively and without a huge price tag. This deserves as much hype as the buffing brush, if only for the fact it's sold as single brush!

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2013 11:44:00 AM More reviews by ejmendez13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have a love affair with these brushes. They're great bang for your buck! I believe this one I bought individually and it took me a while to but because it was always sold at at the three ultas in my area. I bought it not really doing my research as to what I would use it for. Trial and error sometimes works better for me when testing out products. I personally prefer to use this as my go to highlighter brush, but i also like to use it with ben nye powder or laura mercier brightening powder under the eyes and as a contour brush to use around my nose. I need to buy another one or two to use for the latter two purposes.
Pros:
Soft and dense
Relatively cheap (esp if you use the ulta coupon)
Unique size & shape
I can use it with powder or liquid products (though I find it blends powder effortlessly and liquid takes a bit more work)
Overall good quality
Cons:
None that I can think of at this moment other than it was hard for me to find but that's not really an issue with the product itself.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2013 11:27:00 AM More reviews by xtinahb

A fun brush to have in the mix. I like the shorter handle size and the durable synthetic hairs really keep their shape, so Real Techniques are the brushes that go into my makeup bag on the go, since they are not precious or $$$. It's a good versatile size I use for undereye and around the nose setting, but it is slightly too dense for a light powder application, so I definitely tap a lot of powder off the brush before I apply the brush to my face. I do like the unique size though; this small to medium size is hard to find in the brush world!