August 31, 2014 | 1047 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Stay-Matte Oil-Free Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2013 3:00:00 PM More reviews by Petra345

Love it. I prefer mineal powder foundation, but if I had to pick a favourite liquid foundation, it would be Stay Matte. Provides excellent coverage, does not cause acne, feels light on the skin, looks quite natural. The only negative thing (for me) is that the lightest shade (Linen) is still a tad dark for my NC15 skin. But I blend it well, so it works just fine. Good value for money.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/10/2013 5:47:00 PM More reviews by anachronism227

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have extremely oily skin and have been wanting to find a foundation that would make it through the day. I switched because I had been using Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24H, which is almost twice the price of this one for the same amount of product and the Lancome foundation doesn't keep me matte.

Overall, I am a pretty disappointed that it does not keep me matte at all! It's wonderful for the first 15 minutes, but after that, I start to see some shine coming through. Right now, it has been around 10 hours since I first applied the foundation and I am an oily mess. I don't hate this enough to return it because the price was better than Lancome's and the color (Golden Neutral) is an exact match for me, but I will keep looking for a foundation that works for me. The foundation is a bit watery for my liking, and I feel like the coverage is not as great as Lancome Teint Idole 24H. By the end of the day, you can DEFINITELY see my blemishes again.

Bottom Line: I watched a couple reviews on YouTube about this foundation and some people seem to love it, but if you consider your skin "super oily" like I do, I wouldn't recommend this one for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2013 11:15:00 PM More reviews by Madysen08

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Just as a background: I have very fair skin with pink undertones. I was on the hunt for a good foundation for my oily, sensitive, and acne prone skin but every time I purchased one, whether it be a high end or drugstore brand, the color always seemed to look orange-ish against my skin and always looked too dark no matter how light the shade. A few months ago, I went to Sephora and they used that machine that matches your skin tone to all the compatible makeup shades in the store, and their computer suggested this one. I got a sample of it and used it for about two days and fell in love. I loved the coverage and the shade matched perfectly with my skin and it had been a long time since a foundation looked that natural on my face. I have really oily skin and was extremely impressed with how long it lasted. I did have to blot and touch up eventually but it was a good 6 hours before I did which is so awesome for me. Obviously I purchased the full product for about $24 which I think is so worth it. I apply it with the Sephora 55 foundation brush and it's perfect! I will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2013 1:37:00 AM More reviews by YEAHAnGiE

This foundation does the job, but it is not HG status! I will buy it again but I am still on the search for a better foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2013 12:29:00 AM More reviews by LipbalmQueen

I wanted to like this so badly. I wore it for about on a month, but I noticed I was getting a ton of blackheads and bumps along my jawline. I think it clogs my pores.

Does not do much for my oily skin. It ends up sitting on top of my skin with a greasy layer by lunch time. It oxidizes on my chin only, which is odd.

Sadly, I will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2013 12:40:00 AM More reviews by Madihudson

I love this foundation! It's great and has tons of color options. This foundation has medium to full coverage and stays practically all day!! It's great for acne prone skin, doesn't cake, easy to blend, and super natural looking.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2013 9:54:00 PM More reviews by pizzamomma

I have always had a hard time liking Clinique foundations. I was looking for a foundation that was medium coverage, matte and oil-free. Found it!!! As I get older I realize that I don't need to wear the heavy mask type foundation. It makes you look older!!!! This one is light but covers well! A very natural finish. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2013 9:52:00 PM More reviews by Shelly128p

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I recently went to Sephora and told the lady "pick me any foundation, but my skin is like this: " & she picked this for me.
the color match is right-on (as it usually is w/ high-end brands) but i'm still searching for the perfect foundation that is the perfect "tone"

-this foundation is really buildable and definitely keeps oil away
-it is matte... so contouring/highlighting is crucial to show dimension on your face
-(to the people reviewing this & they don't have the oily skin that it calls for: your review does not belong. stop review products based on expectations that they are not made to fulfill)
-foundation is kind of runny
-staying power is not too good, but it is really easy to add more on throughout the day
-this foundation dries to a powder finish so it does take extra time to apply and be sure it looks right. it also dries a tad darker but the clear packaging shows the color exactly right (btw i LOVE this packaging. it's in a no-mess squeeze tube & the opening hole is quite small so it doesn't get messy at all)

I don't think i'll repurchase but this is the 3rd clinique foundation i've had and haven't been disappointed...but i haven't been blown away/impressed.
seems like this foundation has the same problems as all their other foundations (staying powers & light coverage)

The foundation does what it says it does! The undertones are good! and it's a solid buy for oily skin!! (still gonna look for other foundations, though, bc i have other needs)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2013 7:25:00 AM More reviews by seleenabaylon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've always been a fan of Clinique due to the fact that they are allergy tested. I'm only really turned off by the price because where I live, make up can be super expensive. I was previously using Maybelline's Fit Me foundation in the shade 310 but after going through my second bottle I finally realised that it was just too light and too dewy for my liking. I then gave in and bought my Clinique in #19 sand shade and it is a true match - makes my skin look really nice, coverage is really good and it doesn't let out oil as much after a few hours of wear (and with setting powder on top.) I would totally buy it again but I will just have to source a website that sells it for a little less since the department store charges so much!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/1/2013 10:07:00 PM More reviews by flawlessbackflip

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

still on the hunt for my HG foundation. my skin is very oily and this doesn't keep it at bay like i thought it would. it also slides off of my face even with primer, powder, and setting spray. the color is good but the staying power and not keeping me matte is why i won't repurchase. it's a whatever foundation, not terrible, not great. i will still use it until i'm finished with it. the packaging is great though and clinique foundations always last forever.