Clinique Stay-Matte Oil-Free Makeup

3.6

ingredients: water\aqua\eau [] methyl trimethicone [] butylene glycol [] neopentyl glycol diheptanoate [] dimethicone [] trimethylsiloxysilicate [] nylon-12 [] silica [] laminaria saccharina extract [] salix alba (willow) bark extract [] aloe barbadensis leaf extract [] cholesterol [] glycerin [] zinc stearate [] peg-10 dimethicone [] caffeine [] lauryl peg-9 polydimethylsiloxyethyl dimethicone [] lecithin [] disteardimonium hectorite [] dimethicone/peg-10/15 crosspolymer [] tocopheryl acetate [] phenyl trimethicone [] triethoxycaprylylsilane [] laureth-7 [] magnesium aluminum silicate [] potassium sorbate [] sorbic acid [] sodium dehydroacetate [] triethyl citrate [] hydroxyapatite [] xanthan gum [] sodium chloride [] alcohol [] dipropylene glycol [] disodium edta [] sodium citrate [] sodium hyaluronate [] nylon-6 [] chlorphenesin [] phenoxyethanol [] [+/- titanium dioxide (ci 77891) [] iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499) [] bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163) [] mica]v

on 12/23/2013 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This foundation is incredible! Keeps matte throughout the day even in summer! I have oily combination skin and I like more sheer coverage so this is exactly what I needed. It goes on flawlessly with a stippling brush or sponge. Travels well and stays sheer and matte, not for those looking for a dewy finish.

In terms of cons,the tube is fine but I generally prefer pump bottles so that you can see when you are done. Also I think a good call out is that if you have naturally drier skin you do need to moisturize well. beforehand. Have purchased multiple times and will continue to do so!

This is my first not-drugstore foundation. It does its job, smells okay, mattes my face just like the tube says, and as far as I know lasts a good while (I put a translucent powder over it, though). Of course, I'm sure there are better foundations out there, so I'll have this in mind next time I need a new tube.

on 12/4/2013 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

Unfortunately, this gave me a bunch of blackheads, thus new scars. I easily break out and trying new foundations is a nightmare for me. Guess I'll have to keep searching. I love Clinique's products, but this just wasn't for me.

P.S. It gave off a whitish glare when I took photos.

on 11/12/2013 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Pros: semi- matte finish ( mattes make my skin look dull and chalky) light - medium coverage ( no cake face) does not aggravate or cause acne, blends well. Cons: size of the bottle is so small for the price :(. All in all this is a great foundation especially if you have oily and acne prone skin. If you are excessively oily you probably will need to look for another foundation. I wanted something I could wear every day without making my ACTUAL skin look like shit and get clogged and sensitive! Doesn't even feel like I have makeup on!

on 11/11/2013 11:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Wow. Thank god this was just a Sephora sample and I didn't purchase the real thing. What utter crap. I had the same experience as another person here. I put in on. The color went great with my skin but looking closer in the mirror it seemed to magically form creases under my eyes that were not there before I put it on. It made me look older too. A shame for something so thin to have such a huge aging effect on the skin

on 11/5/2013 6:57:00 PM

I am really unhappy with this foundation . I have oily/combination skin and i have large pores. i tried this once and as soon as i applied it it sunk into my pores and made them even more visible it was also not a nice colour and clung on to any dry patches of skin that i had it wouldnt matter how moisturized my skin was it just looks yuck on my skin. i had to remove this foundation straight away as it looked terrible.. what a waste of money. i have tried cheap bb creams heaps better than this expensive full coverage foundation. ill stay with my estee lauder double wear light as nothing can beat it.

on 10/30/2013 4:09:00 PM

My skin type - I have oily t-zone, dry patches (result of eczema) and I wouldn't say large pores but i do have some around my nose area. I also do not like heavy foundation. I received a 10 day sample from Clinique. I specifically asked for a liquid foundation that would keep me matte and they colour matched me. The colour match was good and coverage was medium, but what i didn't like about this product is that it made my skin look really dull. I wasn't sure exactly, but it look like it was just sitting on top of my skin and didn't blend well. I always moisturise first and I applied the foundation with a brush because it is a bit runny. The oil control was ok, I did have to dab on some shine control half way through the day which is normal. I will not be purchasing this (good thing for the free trial!) based on the fact it did nothing to improve the appearance of my skin. For now i will just go back to using BB cream [although i hear good things about Shiseido Sheer and Perfect]

on 10/30/2013 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

An overall okay product. It has good coverage and flows onto the skin easily, no matter how you apply it (brush, fingers, sponge). Color matches are great, Clinique's always been good for color range, but the product doesn't really keep you matte. It has a semi-matte finish where I could still see some shine on my nose, but some powder got rid of that. However, a few hours later and if I touch my face I can see the oily fleshy colored residue of my makeup starting to melt off my face. Sorry, Clinique, not made for the oiliest of the oily like I am. Pretty expensive and not the best container. Will not repurchase, but it wasn't horrible, just not worth the price for what I hoped it would do.

on 10/29/2013 3:18:00 AM

I've been using Perfectly Real Clinique foundation for a couple of years (and only used Clinique foundation for 15+ years), but decided to try Stay-Matte, since I have oily skin. I still like Perfectly Real over Stay-Matte. I found Stay-Matte harder to blend in, so my skin looked splotchier and uneven. I think perfectly real has a more smooth finish, since it is easier to blend in and creates more of an even skin tone. I would just do Perfectly Real + Superpowder double face powder instead of using stay-matte for more oily skin.

on 10/26/2013 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Combo leaning towards oily Shade: 08 Golden Neutral (NC 25-30 in MAC shades) Packaging: Easy squeeze tube, perfect for travel Price point: $23 Oxidation: None that I noticed Oil control: Fan-freakin-TASTIC I love this foundie. It's the perfect shade, great packaging, and amazing with oil control. It lasts a good 8-10 hours on my oily t-zone. This does catch onto any dry areas on my cheeks, though. I make sure to exfoliate and moisturize thoroughly. If you have normal to dry skin, steer clear of this stuff. You'll look super flaky.