Maybelline Eye Studio Master Precise Ink Pen Liner

3.6

on 6/2/2014 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This product does just about everything well. The packaging is great. The pen tip is absolutely fantastic. It is super easy to hold steady and get the shape that you want, and I haven't had any issues with it drying out.

So why two lippies? Because the most important thing about liners is, at the end of the day, the pigment. And this just did not deliver. First, a disclaimer - I have naturally jet black hair. if something is not highly pigmented or true black, it's going to look it on my face. I don't have much wiggle room with that. This was just disappointing. The pigment was not intense enough at all, and ended up looking like a washed-out gray-black on my face. I layered it, hoping that it would get better (because, again - the packaging is fantastic, and I had such high hopes for it). No luck. I'm sure that you could get a more intense color if you push down more, but I don't really want to do that on my delicate eye area every day, and it also makes it harder to get a straight line. What I did have on my eye did not last through the day.

I will say that this is just an issue that I often have with pen liners in general. The felt tip usually just doesn't lend itself to as rich a color as a gel or ink that is applied with a brush, so this isn't just an issue with Maybelline (I recently tried the new Eyeko pens to similar results).

So I will not be repurchasing this. I probably won't even be finishing the pen that I have. It's back to the dreaded ink pot and brush for me, until I find a pen version that I actually like.

on 6/2/2014 1:25:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

The Maybelline Eye Studio Master Precise Liquid Liner is a must-have for every beauty kit.
It glides onto the skin easily, without patchiness, leaving a true, pigmented shade in it's wake.
A steady hand is required for application as it will go absolutely everywhere if your hands are unsteady, but after a little practise it works perfectly.
This product will last all day, particularly if you've used a primer.
The only downside is that if you have oily skin, it will run a little, but not nearly as bad as using a gel liner.
I would absolutely buy this product again as it makes eyeliner application a lot faster.

on 5/27/2014 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I love the look of liquid eyeliner, but I was never good at applying it. My favorite thing about this eyeliner is that it is in ink pen form, that makes it easy, and the finish is great! When I bought this, I was skeptical because it the first time I used it, it dried out. When I put the cap back on and waited a while, the eyeliner was back to normal.
Long story short, this eyeliner is easy to use, has an amazing finish, and lasts a long time. I would definitely recommend it!

on 5/27/2014 10:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I stopped wearing liquid eyeliner, not only because I was terrible in my application, I also failed to find one that I loved. Previously I used Kat Von D autograph liquid liner. The color was good but it wasn't long before it started to fade off. Also it's a very small package and usually didn't last me all that long for my $20.

Then I saw this. It was a couple dollars off at my local Walmart and I decided to go for it. $6 is cheap enough to fail or feed this. The pen is nice and easy to use, the felt tip is kinda fat, but tapered and not flimsy making the application work well still. It's nice and black!!! It's matte, and it stays on like a mutha! I also I had used the ever raved about Stila pen and found this was much better. It doesnt flake or fade. The Stila pen bled in my micro lines and just looked awful. It's double the cost of my Kat Von D and triple the cost of the maybelline pen.

So yeah, needless to say I have been using this everyday. It's warm here now and my skin isn't dry as a rock and this stays great. I enjoy having bold liner again because this makes it easy. I have basically got down all my make up application skills, but liner never took hah! So I'm happy!

on 5/19/2014 12:18:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I was desperately looking for a cheap drugstore eyeliner when I ran out of my HG Elf liquid eyeliner and I came across Maybelline's Master precise eyeliner. This is officially my new HG eyeliner. I loveeeee it!!!! It's super pigmented and the brush is amazing. Gives me a perfect, thin line which is easily buildable. Definitely worth every penny. Try it out, you won't be disappointed!

on 5/14/2014 10:45:00 AM

I loved this pruduct and used it all the time before i started using gel eyeliner instead.
The color is great and very dark , you can make a very nice thin line , it havn't dried even after a year of use.
Only bad thing about it is that it isn't waterproof wich is the reson i quit using it, but i still use it sometimes and it's great , would buy again if i hadn't found ELF gel liner :P

on 4/28/2014 8:58:00 PM

I loved this eyeliner. It stayed on my eyes without smudging or creating lines in my crease ( I have oily eye lids). The only problem I had with it was it dried out fast... I mean really fast. Even if I didn't use it. Did anyone else have this problem?

on 4/22/2014 7:54:00 AM

First things first - Oh. My. God. This eye liner is IT.

The precision and thinness you can achieve with this is astounding. The pen-like packaging makes it an absolute breeze to work with, no mess, no fuss, very portable and applies like a dream. This product easily rivals any high end eye liner currently in circulation. The line is a true blackest black, which is solid all the way from the start to the tail of the line, no fading or sheerness in sight. The formula is thin and concentrated so a small stroke will get you the sharpest opaque line you have ever seen. I cannot live without this product. Amazing.

on 4/21/2014 2:07:00 PM

I don't know why this product has a much lower rating than I expected.

I actually lovelovelove this eyeliner so much. I've owned the revlon colorstay liquid eyeliner before this. In my opinion I think this is better than the revlon. It's better in price, & I find the brush better too. I have dry lids, it's perfect for me. I love how this stays on my lids all day, & it's easy to take off at the end of the day when I'm washing my makeup off.

I bought my first one for $5. Now I'm onto my second one which I paid $7 for. I didnt really mind paying $7 since this is a really good eyeliner.

on 4/18/2014 7:16:00 AM

The pro of this eyeliner is the applicator- it's long and is slim and tapered at the tip. However, the formula is not that great. Perhaps if you have normal or dry eyelids that are not oily, then this eyeliner would stay on, but this would smudge on me on certain days, especially if I rubbed my eyes (allergies). It's not very reliable. Also, I noticed as I kept on using the eyeliner, the brush tip began to wear off, and I could no longer create a precise line.