Maybelline Eye Studio Master Precise Ink Pen Liner

3.6

on 9/10/2014 10:51:00 AM

This is the first liquid liner pen I've used and it has not let me down one bit! It glides on smoothly and lasts a very long time. I've gone a whole day using this without a single smudge (and I have fairly oily lids). As someone who was used to gel liner pots and brushes (I used the Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama gel liner daily), the felt tip took a little getting used to but after a bit of practice I was able to achieve a sharp, bold winged look. The tip is also excellent for getting into those usually missed spots between the lashes. I'm just hoping the tip doesn't dry out quickly, but so far it's held up really well.

on 8/19/2014 7:11:00 PM

This eyeloner pen was the first one I've ever bought so I'm obviously not that experienced with eyeliners. This one smudged quite a lot and the very tip of the felt pen would dry out really fast. It doesn't last a long time, the black fades to a gray after an hour and lines appear. It's an OK product. Oh, and sometimes the ink doesn't come out and it skips so I'd have to refill the spots that it missed. Maybe I just suck at putting on eyeliner but this dried up fast

Love Love Love this eyeliner! It applies so well for someone like me: clumsy, crappy at making both eyes "match", messy etc. haha, not that I'm a complete ditz, but liquid eyeliner just isn't my forte. This takes the frustration out and is easily maneuvered and I am able to handle it with a lot of precision. It's like a gorgeous felt tip pen for your eyes...it creates subtle, thin lines for definition, or a thicker, more dramatic line for a cat eye. Again, I love it. For the price/availability (drugstore) you can't beat it. I stupidly bought a $26 tube of Urban Decay 24/7 Liquid Eyeliner thinking it was felt tipped as well, to replace a Maybelline studio eye pen that was all used up. Stupid! Shouldn't have bought without trying first. I'll gladly go back to the $10 eyeliner pen because honestly, it's a game-changer for me personally in the liquid eyeliner game. I love the fluidity of a liquid with the precision of a pen. It lasts forever, doesn't burn, (unless you write on your eyeball with it) and looks gorgeous. What's not to love? This is a definite staple and I will repurchase! God forbid they are taken off the shelf or discontinued !

on 8/8/2014 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm new to wearing liquid eyeliner, so this was like the first one I bought. I liked the small tip, but I found it was a bit flimsy and would run out of ink quickly. It also skips and drags. As soon as it's exposed to moisture, it smudges and runs. I was on vacation when I bought this, so when I went down to the beach with it on and sat down in the shade, by the time I came back it had smudged and there was a big black line that went from my eye to my ear! I didn't even go swimming and I didn't sweat. I don't have very oily eyelids, so this product confused me. Taking it back to the store :( wouldn't recommend it AT ALL.

on 8/4/2014 8:52:00 PM

MY HOLY GRAIL!! i have went through so many of these!! i abdolutly adore them i use it on a daily basis. doesnt smudge and lasts all day even if im sweating at work it stays put. i have even bought back ups it lasts forever to! good quality and i love the felt tip. i definetly reccomend and have reppurchased:)

on 7/25/2014 10:07:00 PM

I love this product! My favorite felt tip liner ever! I recommend it to all of my customer who want a great liquid eye liner with precise control and low price. Beats many other more expensive brands.

on 7/21/2014 2:26:00 AM

This eyeliner is one of my favourites. It stays on all day and the tip makes it easy to get as thick or as thin as a line you want and goes on smooth.

on 7/16/2014 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought it at Rite Aid when they were having a 40% off sale of all Maybelline products, so I was able to get it for less than $5, which was totally worth it. Heck, even if I had to buy it full price I would buy it again. I first tried it at a friend's house when I had forgotten my makeup at home. Up until this point I had been using a liquid liner with a very thick brush and it was horrendous for me since I prefer to basically have the smallest line possible.
This eyeliner makes that not only possible, but extremely easy to achieve. I was able to apply it like a pro after my first few uses. Do you prefer thicker lines? No worries, this can do that too and it will probably turn out fairly straight and even. Even on my extremely oily eyelids it lasts a long time and doesn't seem to smear much. There is no need to go over one area over and over again to obtain an opaque line, one swipe is enough.
For the price, I really would recommend giving it a go.
The one tiny little bit con is that the lid can be sometimes hard to take off, and with lotion on your hands it is near impossible. But hey, at least there is no danger of it ever falling off.

on 7/13/2014 5:57:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I really like this eyeliner, the felt tip end makes it really easy to draw a precise line although i found that it wasn't very black and i have to go over it a few times to make it dark enough.

on 7/2/2014 2:03:00 PM

I don't know if this has been reformulated but while the line is precise, it doesnt not stay on fot very long. The general shape is there but it becomes a faded gray. It also smudges quite a lot even when it should have dried. I can gently touch it and I'll see a black mark where the surface of the liner came off. Its comparable to the NYC liquid pen liner in staying power and smudginess.