November 24, 2014 | 1974 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Eye Studio Master Precise Ink Pen Liner

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2014 12:36:00 AM More reviews by hannahps

This is a pretty good liquid liner for drawing very thin lines right along your upper lash line. It's more difficult to do winged liner or a thicker eyeliner look with, but for a straightforward everyday look, it works well and doesn't smudge throughout the day.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/10/2014 11:40:00 PM More reviews by asoka

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I can see how people would like this, because the felt pen applicator is one of the easiest methods to apply liquid liner. I tried this because I've used Lancome's Art Liner (similar concept) for years, and I love it, but it's pricey. I had a coupon for Maybelline products and there was a drugstore sale so I got this for a steal. First thing I noticed was that while I could produce a nice thin line, the edges of the line blurred, and it bleeds into the small creases on my eyelid- it doesn't look sharp the way eyeliner should look. My second issue was the formula itself, which is a poor performer. I scribbled a little on the back of my hand and rubbed my finger over it applying moderate pressure, and it smeared everywhere. This is not waterproof, it acts like water color paints and turns into a black puddle with just the slightest amount of moisture. On top of all that, my brand new pen runs out of ink before I can even make it across my eyelid, forcing me to stop and press the tip to the back of my hand then go back to lining. Not only is this time consuming, but it makes me mess up my line, as I work in quick clean strokes. I threw this away, my eyes water from time to time and the way this pen behaves makes it near impossible to create a quick clean look. Maybelline's gel eyeliner is a real winner, up there with the best. This product, however, stinks and I would not recommend it at all since there are so many great alternatives out there.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2014 7:40:00 PM More reviews by PowerFemme

I'm on the hunt for my HG liquid eyeliner. I prefer ink pens like this one, and while I love the thin tapered point of this, the product overall leaves much to be desired. The liner from the get go is more of a soft black and after a few uses, the tip of the pen started to dry out. After only 2 months, I'm pitching mine in the trash because it no longer produces opaque crisp looks. The formula on my moderately oily lids, even with primer, begins to fade after a few hours and I have had a few instances of severe smudging when I try to line all the way to my inner tear duct. Too bad, since the pen itself is the perfect shape.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2014 1:57:00 PM More reviews by PinkIcing1

Good stuff! It's the easiest to apply liquid liner I've used. The shape of the felt tip is great. My winged liner looks amazing! I like how dark black, inky, and smooth it is as well. My one complaint is that the tip runs out of ink in it while I'm using it and there's no way to make more come into it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2013 6:52:00 PM More reviews by margocho

Overall, it's worked pretty well. I love the precise thin edge that this eyeliner boasts and the opaqueness of the formula. It also doesn't smudge at all, but still comes off very easily by using water! Make up remover not necessary!

However, my complaint about the formula of the eyeliner is that it isn't very long lasting. Even with primer, this eyeliner wears thin after a few hours. Without primer, this eyeliner becomes very thin within half an hour on my oily eyelids.

Also, another thing to note about this product is that the fine point of the eyeliner appears to dry up quickly. After 4-5 uses of the eyeliner, I had to press down harder on the thick points of the liner to refresh the tip. Maybe that says something about the amount of product there is inside?

Definitely worth the ~$8 I paid for.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2013 11:32:00 AM More reviews by 26random5

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This eyeliner is really easy to use and makes it a lot easier to apply eyeliner. I don't often buy maybelline products as I have heard they sometimes test there products on animals but as I bought this before I heard I mays we'll use it however because I don't believe in animal testing I won't be purchasing this product againšŸ˜¢

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2013 3:48:00 AM More reviews by makeupnoobie143

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This eyeliner would be great for beginners and makes drawing lines- whether thick or thin super easy! I also love the tip of the pen and the packaging, very sleek and effective. This is probably the biggest compliment I can give this mascara. The black pigmentation is decent and it does smudge a bit. I probably would repurchase.
note: I bought this for around 13$ AUD

rated 3 of 5 on 11/24/2013 4:59:00 PM More reviews by iitsjens

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was my first liquid liner so I didn't really know what to expect. I bought this over a year ago,and now that I how to use make up a bit more, I think I can finally give this eyeliner a worthy review.
When I first used it, I hated it. I used this for my graduation photos, and now all my photos have black smudges beneath my lower lash line.

I have Asian...folded eyes, so it's hard for me to do very dramatic makeup. When I used this liner, with or without shadow, it would 'touch' the fold in my eyelid, and leave a mark... I guess it smudged/creased. It's not waterproof so if it gets wet, it runs.

However, after not using for a really long time, I decided to give it a try again.
This time, I made sure that I didn't make the liner too thick. I drew it well below my fold/crease so that the liner would not be in contact with any other part of my eye, and damn. That made a big difference. I didn't have any troubles with smudges anymore. It no longer smudged to the top of my lid, leaving angry mark. I I will admit that by the end of the day, the liner does wear off. It usually lasts until work or school is over, but it won't last until night. By maybe 6or 8, it will have smudged around the edges.
As for my school photo conundrum, I believe I had black smudges because I used a pencil liner underneath this liner. Never again.

Overall, I think it's pretty okay. It's not a very true black liner, but I definitely did not experience problems with drying out. It only became translucent AFTER I used it for a very long time. This liner is only starting to run out now and I bought this in the summer/early fall of 2012? Although I didn't use this for several months, I think it lasted pretty long. I used this everyday for an accumulated total of maybe 8-9 months? Maybe a bit less?

I think that if your eyelids do not fold, then you should give this a shot. Try making very thin lines with this liner as it works for everyday makeup looks when you don't want to use up your expensive stuff.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/10/2013 1:10:00 AM More reviews by jianing23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i dont know why, every day i get dark liner under my eyes from this! i have to always wipe my undereyes!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/7/2013 9:22:00 PM More reviews by BubblegumKisses

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ok so i had initially planned on getting the Maybelline Stiletto eyeliner, but i saw this and bought it instead (I always do that). I'll start with what I like; I love the applicator on this, it's very thin, so i can draw a thinner line, and build it up when i want a thicker one. I also like the packaging, not bulky so you can throw it in your bag for touch ups. And that's what i suggest, because for me, the formula did not work :( It smudges very easily and although it's not watery, its not very black, you have to layer it on if you want it to be very dark. I wanted to like this SO BAD but it didn't work too well for me, and its starting to dry out!!! & I've only had it for about 3 months and don't use it daily