Maybelline Eye Studio Master Precise Ink Pen Liner

3.6

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Amazing product! Stays on perfectly without smudging, and I don't have to apply any primer for this. It's very black & easy to use. I would totally buy this again. So much better than Mac's Penultimate eyeliner.

on 3/27/2014 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

If you have oily eyelids, this is going to be your worst nightmare. (Okay, it can still be your worst nightmare even if your eyelids transform into a recreation of the BP oil spill in two hours)
Out of all the eyeliners I've ever tried, this smudges the most. It's something about Maybelline products... every eye product I've tried except for the Great Lash mascara smudges on me.
Its pigmentation isn't insanely black, but it is sufficient enough to create a crisp, bold line. The formula makes this liner very easy to go over if the line isn't pigmented enough.
It takes about an hour or so before my oily lids will melt this liner. It collects on my outer corner and creates a wonderful upside down smokey eye, akin to a Panda's everyday eye makeup routine, all over my lower lashline. Beautiful. When I try to clean it up. it smudges even more. Wow, is this liquid pencil liner? Bravo, Maybelline!
In terms of the pen itself, the tip is very nice and firm, making this liner very esy to use for beginners. You don't need a steady hand to use this; you can just hold the liner on its side. However, after a couple of weeks of use the tip wears down and softens up. Eventuallythe fibers in the tip will lossen up and you can pull them apart like thread. By now, the liner only reaches the head of the pen nib, and none of the "ink" will flow to the tip. Such a high quality nib.
Please don't buy this. Whether you have oily lids, dry lids, see this on sale or whatever, this is not worth your money at all.

on 3/22/2014 7:12:00 PM

I was not a fan at all of this liner. Maybe I got a bad batch but from the very first application this liner felt like it was it was already dried out! The color wasn't really dark at all, unless I applied 3 or more layers. I just expected more for the price. The only thing I did it was a little more stiff. I will not be repurchasing this product.

on 3/22/2014 11:36:00 AM

This was my first liquid eyeliner purchase, and at first I was horrible at applying it. But once I practiced and learned how to use it properly, it was amazing! You can create a thick or thin line, and making a cat eye was a breeze with the precise tip. I've used it pretty frequently since the summer and the product still hasn't dried out. I have very oily eyelids and this doesn't budge throughout my 7 hour school day. I would definitely recommend this!

on 3/1/2014 1:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is used to be by far my favorite eyeliner. I've never been a fan of cream or pencil eyeliners, so I was on the search for the perfect pen liner for a long time, and this gem by Maybelline was the one. I have very small lids, probably because I am part chinese, and I love how tiny you can make the line of your eyes, it's really precise so I don't end up looking like a lined my whole eyelid. The only problem it's that it's not hypoallergenic, as I found out that I have really sensitive eyes and regular makeup will not do for me anymore, but believe me, if you are lucky enough to wear any type of makeup you please, give this eyeliner a shot. It won't smudge, it's extremely precise even on my beginner hand and it won't hurt your wallet whatsoever.

on 2/27/2014 9:07:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This was the first eyeliner I bought and I still use it regularly. Its easy to apply, and its can give a simple easy look quickly by itself.

on 2/21/2014 8:24:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This was the first liquid eyeliner i purchased. At first, i was amazed by it. It creates a very clean, dark line. It's not matte, it does have a "wet" look, but it dries fairly quickly. Creating a winged look with this eyeliner was impossible for me, I either accidentally wiped it off/it faded or the flimsy pen would just not cooperate. I really wanted to love this eyeliner but it does not have very long staying power which is a priority. It fades way too quickly, and i am not one to touch up my makeup throughout the day. I recently purchased Stila's waterproof liquid eyeliner which i'm hoping will be much better. I will not be purchasing this eyeliner again.

on 2/16/2014 3:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I could say it is comparable to Stila's except for a liquid it doesn't have that great of staying power. I am moving on to trying Clinique's cream shaper.

on 2/12/2014 6:27:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I picked this up randomly and I love it, I'm not used to pens since I only use the little brushes but it's growing on me and it's easier to use and quicker also held up throughout the whole day without any smudging (I have oily skin) quite impressed overall

on 2/5/2014 1:26:00 AM

I have mixed feelings about this product. I loved it the first few times I used it. The applicator was great for making precise, thin lines and its a great black color that is not TOO harsh of a black if that makes sense. However, the staying power of this product is virtually nonexistent. Halfway through the work day I can see the ends fading and migrating around my eye a little bit. Also, after the first few uses, the tip of the pen started drying out halfway through lining my eye! I even tried storing it upside down so the product would make as much contact with the felt tip as possible--NOTHING has solved this problem. I've stopped using this product because it's too much of a hassle. I have to shake it and do whatever I can just to get enough product out to line my eye...NOT worth it especially when considering how terrible the staying power is. I usually love Maybelline products, but this one left a lot to be desired :(