September 16, 2014 | 1941 users online

Lips - Yves Saint Laurent - Rouge Pur Couture Glossy Stain (All Shades)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2012 4:01:00 AM More reviews by duckyyy

I have four colors now and i love the wear and finish. It goes on liquid amd dries into a kind of gel-like coating on the lips that really doesn't budge. It will stay glossy through all but the messiest meals.

The colors have been fantastic too. #1 a vampy, plummy purple, #9 is a warm red, #11 is a lighter, pink-based red and #15 goes on a cool medium pink but sets deeper and a bit more neutral on the lips.

The only thing I don't like (okay, besides the scent - not great but not a dealbreaker for me) is that these cam be very drying. My lips feel very dry when i finally remove the color and if I wear them consecutive days, there will be chapping for sure.

I still would recommend these for long lasting glossy wear and beautiful shades.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/28/2012 7:52:00 PM More reviews by BoandChica2

I bought #17. What can I say, I love bright pinks :) This is a good product but I just don't think it's worth the $30+ price tag. I've layered it as some others have said, but it definitely doesn't last through coffee, eating, etc. What it does do, is wear off nicely. Some of the drug store long-wearing lipstick/glosses wear off very chunky, unevenly and look bad as they're wearing off. The YSL does not. If I'm not eating or drinking, it's great. You can layer it w/o it looking overdone. I'd buy it again if not for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2012 10:50:00 AM More reviews by sandyatthebeach1

I really love this! I have it in the coral shade, and its formulation is so good. It really stains your lips, yet gives you the color of a lipstick and the shine of a lipgloss. The tear-drop shaped applicator is great- it's easy to outline your lips, and buff the product in. I usually don't mind the scent of products, since I find that once I put them on, I can't notice, and this one is the same- I don't notice any irritating scent. But seriously, this is so long lasting, and it doesn't fade patchily or anything. Once the gloss part wears off (the gloss part probably wears off in a few hours, but the color stays all day), it also won't transfer at all. I hate seeing my lip product on my cup or straw whenever I try to drink something, so this is great for me. It's low maintenance (swipe it on, forget about it), which is awesome, and it's a great product! I would definitely recommend these- the only downside is the price tag. Oh, and the color darkens a little once it sets on your lips- I don't find this to be a problem, but I'll mention it anyway.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2012 9:55:00 PM More reviews by diabolicrouge

One of my HG lip colors! I bought this in the shade #13 Rose Tempera. First of all, the color is absolutely gorgeous. It is a hybrid of fuchsia and red, slightly warmer toned than #14, Fuchsia Dore. I find that the pop of color compliments my fair skin and dark hair perfectly! Secondly, the formula is amazing. It lasts for hours, with no touching up needed! Even after eating, the color is still intact, even though some of the shine is gone. I don't even need a lip liner, because there is no feathering and the doe-foot applicator applies the color precisely. It is quite unlike any other product I've ever used before, because it maintains a very glossy look, despite the fact that it functions as a stain. The beautiful color alone was worth it for me, and the great formula is a lovely bonus! Glossy Stains are addicting, beware. =)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2012 4:22:00 PM More reviews by foppery

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've swatched these at Sephora and Nordstrom a few times, but haven't been impressed enough to pay $32 for one. The color I'm most attracted to is #11, Rouge Gouache, a pink-based cool red that suits my pink-toned complexion nicely. (I also tried on #1, Violet Edition, but it was too dark and blueish and made me look ill.)

To an extent, the hype is true: this product is as long-lasting and glossy as it claims to be. However, it also feels odd and unnatural on my lips, as if I've coated my mouth with plastic. And as other people have pointed out, it smells like stale wine, no doubt because of the high alcohol content. The scent does wear off quickly, but the texture doesn't. I may end up buying Rouge Gouache eventually, because a long-lasting, lightweight red lip product is hard to find. But I'm not exactly in love.

EDIT: I bought Rouge Gouache eventually, and now I want to take back everything I said against it. It's my magic lip color; the pink undertones brighten up my face and I get compliments from total strangers. I got used to the smell and the texture, too.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/19/2012 2:16:00 PM More reviews by materialgirl897

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I got this in shade #19 and it just doesn't work. I was intrigued to see how such a light pink would be able to 'stain' my lips and the reality is that it didn't. Watery, and almost nail polish type smell. Very disappointed, so expensive and gutted as I bought it at the aiport and can't return it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2012 1:32:00 PM More reviews by mricci

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

holy grail of lipcolor! it looks glossy, stays moist, and lasts forever and a day. what more could a girl want?

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2012 6:07:00 AM More reviews by angelbaby111

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love this stain/gloss. Keeps lips moisturized, stays with a gloss look, and doesn't come off until I eat something, which is fine with me. I like to brush my teeth after lunch and reapply anyway. I have # 15 which is a warm pink on me, and I just bought #5, which is a deeper rose pink. One coat of these, nice light finish, two coats and you get a deeper color payoff. I love the way it moves with your lips, no dry, clumpy, uneven wear. I highly recommend. I'm an NW25 for reference.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/24/2012 2:16:00 PM More reviews by WorkinMom3Sons

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I had high hopes for this after reading about it in October issue of Allure. I bought #19 as I wear a light pink/beige normally. It definitely lasts a few hours, however $32.00 for a lip stain that in 4 days took my lips from moisturized to chapped and red. It's going back. I was totally disappointed. My lips were in great condition prior to using this product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2012 11:20:00 AM More reviews by sugarmartini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was a product I really wanted to love. I tried on all the colors on the back of my hand first and then the pale pink and the red on my lips, which were 2 of the ones I liked the most. It's a good thing I tried them on my lips before buying them. These guys are really drying and they taste kind of mediciny. For the price, I think there are far better products out there. I love the YSL sheer candy glosses so I will stick to those until they come out with something that really stands out to replace it.