Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Pur Couture Glossy Stain (All Shades)

on 1/7/2013 4:32:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've never been into lip products much and truthfully I don't believe in high end products. However, this has COMPLETELY changed my mind! I could not find a more perfect product, I may be tempted be actually buy another one if I run out.
Lipsticks I find generally a bit too oily, they slip and slide. Lip glosses generally are kinda sticky and wet. The texture of this is wet but slightly sticky somewhere between a lip stain and lip gloss. First the packaging is great, the applicator is perfectly shaped for a great application, no need for any brushes or anything like that. It goes on nice and easily and dries into an extremely opaque slightly sticky and thick stain. It's not drying like a lip stain and it isn't difficult to remove even with just tissue. It will NOT budge and definitely doesn't even require any sort of primer, it will definitely hold it's own. It's such a luxurious, beautiful true red (not for the shy girl) and if I go out I definitely don't need to take this with me because it will stay put, it's a true holy grail product.

on 12/30/2012 7:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

These are fabulous, I hate the tacky look and feel of lip gloss. This just gives a nice sheen in the lip that is perfect for eating, daily wear and yes lots of kissing. It's a very 'boyfriend friendly' product :)
I do think that the key is in the application. I put down a teeny weeny bit of foundation over my lips then with a liner of the same or similarish colour I line my lips incase of any movage during the day (which is not really expected its just an extra step), then you must be careful when applying this, wipe off lots of it back in the tube and apply in a very thin layer, let that dry, repeat and then repeat if you need to.

on 12/28/2012 7:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

bought it in 6 camel croisiere and i love it! it comes in a beautiful range of shades so there's something for everyone. lasts through a meal. has glossy finish. and very comfortable to wear, i love it!

on 12/16/2012 9:11:00 AM

I have 25, 7 and 15, they are both fab! 7 is more natural look, 25 and 15 are more dramtic pink. colour does stay longer than other lipsticks or gloss. the bottle is cute too.
love them!

on 12/8/2012 8:50:00 AM

Just bought it in shade 10, it is a very gorgeous red! It shines all day and makes your lips looks so shiny and appealing :p the scent kinda bothers me though (it has a red wine scent to it, and I don't know why), but it disappears after you apply it so I think it's tolerable as long as the scent doesn't linger. Overall, I love it!

on 12/7/2012 3:31:00 PM

I just bought my first Glossy Stain in #13 Rose Tempura (online at Sephora with VIB bucks.) Now I understand what all the hype is about! I've tried every single stain and long wearing lipstick and gloss out there and this one beats them all hands down. It goes on creamy and glossy but doesn't "set" into a dry mess like most stains and long wearing lip products. It held up during eating and drinking and remained shiny. However, If I wipe my lips a lot while eating, the glossiness goes away and there is a faint tint left, that's kind of splotchy, but I simply re-apply. I don't think there will ever be a gloss that will stand up to a full day of eating and drinking and talking, etc., so I didn't expect this to, however it is the longest wearing, most shiny and most comfortable gloss I've ever worn. Rose Tempura is a bright berry pink and very wearable. I would now like to try other shades. Oh, and the smell doesn't bother me.

on 12/6/2012 6:06:00 PM

I got this in #2 and ended up returning it. I feel as though I might have liked this in a different color, but I just didn't love the formula, and for 32.00USD I feel as though it just is not worth the price for something I'd probably wear once in awhile.

on 12/5/2012 4:01:00 AM

I have four colors now and i love the wear and finish. It goes on liquid amd dries into a kind of gel-like coating on the lips that really doesn't budge. It will stay glossy through all but the messiest meals.

The colors have been fantastic too. #1 a vampy, plummy purple, #9 is a warm red, #11 is a lighter, pink-based red and #15 goes on a cool medium pink but sets deeper and a bit more neutral on the lips.

The only thing I don't like (okay, besides the scent - not great but not a dealbreaker for me) is that these cam be very drying. My lips feel very dry when i finally remove the color and if I wear them consecutive days, there will be chapping for sure.

I still would recommend these for long lasting glossy wear and beautiful shades.

on 11/28/2012 7:52:00 PM

I bought #17. What can I say, I love bright pinks :) This is a good product but I just don't think it's worth the $30+ price tag. I've layered it as some others have said, but it definitely doesn't last through coffee, eating, etc. What it does do, is wear off nicely. Some of the drug store long-wearing lipstick/glosses wear off very chunky, unevenly and look bad as they're wearing off. The YSL does not. If I'm not eating or drinking, it's great. You can layer it w/o it looking overdone. I'd buy it again if not for the price.

I really love this! I have it in the coral shade, and its formulation is so good. It really stains your lips, yet gives you the color of a lipstick and the shine of a lipgloss. The tear-drop shaped applicator is great- it's easy to outline your lips, and buff the product in. I usually don't mind the scent of products, since I find that once I put them on, I can't notice, and this one is the same- I don't notice any irritating scent. But seriously, this is so long lasting, and it doesn't fade patchily or anything. Once the gloss part wears off (the gloss part probably wears off in a few hours, but the color stays all day), it also won't transfer at all. I hate seeing my lip product on my cup or straw whenever I try to drink something, so this is great for me. It's low maintenance (swipe it on, forget about it), which is awesome, and it's a great product! I would definitely recommend these- the only downside is the price tag. Oh, and the color darkens a little once it sets on your lips- I don't find this to be a problem, but I'll mention it anyway.