April 19, 2014 | 869 users online

Palettes - LORAC - Unzipped

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2012 1:26:00 PM More reviews by mulletoftruth

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Other

I have been in love with this palette since I bought it about 6 months ago, and am still in love every time I use it. It is my favorite makeup purchase I've made in years and other manufacturers should take note when devising their eye palettes.

It is mostly shimmers with a few mattes, in shades of gold, peach, bronze, mocha, mauve, plum, and a gorgeous purple-tinged dark brown shimmer (a color I've been seeking out for years.)

All of the colors work beautifully together for a variety of looks, and the palette was very well-conceived in that it is complete - one never needs to go outside of the palette to pull a look together.

You can do a matte or shimmery nude, a bronzy glow, a smoky bronze, a plummy smoke, etc. All of the colors are very wearable (not a loser in the bunch) and flattering, and look particularly beautiful on my green-leaning grey eyes. (Often shades in these categories are overly red and make me look sickly or bruised.)

I have a million shades of gold, copper, bronze and brown, but the colors in this palette are notably unique and complex versions of these hues. What's more is that it lends itself to all seasons. I bought it to wear in the summer, but it's equally perfect for fall, winter and spring. I could not recommend this palette more highly. It makes me hesitant to buy others, and regret past purchases, as few eye palettes are this thoughtfully put together.

I should note that it came with a deluxe sample of LORAC eye primer, which I've really come to like. It's creamy rather than drying (ala UDPP, TFSI, Stila) and my makeup stays put all day long.

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2012 8:58:00 PM More reviews by summerdawn1123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this palette. I lusted after it for a month before finally buying it and I am glad I did, Sometimes when I am applying the shadows from this palette I am thinking to myself that these are not going to work( kinda redish on me) but when I am finished and have my eyeliner and mascara on and look in the mirror I have to admit that they are very beautiful and always end up looking amazing. They are soft and buttery and blend like a dream.
EDIT_ I also think a brush should have been included for the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2012 5:40:00 PM More reviews by MandyLeigh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

These are just my opinions for my own make up choices and I don't mean anything bad to anyone who purchased other palettes as that's what was right for them.

I was so consumed by all the new palettes that arrived by what seemed like every company imaginable.
My wallet would only allow me one though so I tested, re-tested and tested again coming home with lines of color all over my hands and arms.

I don't want to fall for product that is really hyped up causing people to buy just to have it and I saw a lot of that with the Naked palette. I tried to buy it but I just couldn't. The price and then releasing another that was slightly different besides the colors left a bad taste in my mouth. So from one palette to the next I kept going.

My saving grace, the Unzipped palette hit the shelves on my 6th visit to Sephora. I was drawn to it right away. The colors are beautiful, they feel so soft but strong enough in pigment and staying power. It came with a nice size tube of primer and the price, compared to others was VERY good. especially for what you received.

I of course went home with out it like I had done with all the others but the next day I high tailed it right back and bought it. My palette hunt was over and I was super happy.

I took it to my mother's to show her and she immediately fell in love with it too so she got one for her birthday. It just goes to show how versatile this palette is.

My Lorac Palette has worked great from smokey looks to beautiful summer or natural looks, I love it all year round.

I wish more companies would work this way. Instead of hyping up a product and then finally releasing it at a large price, mix their good work with decent prices and be more honest.

The only complaint I have is the packaging. It looks great, it's a great size to put in my makeup bag no problem. I just wish there was more to it to help keep the product safe. It didn't have to be a metal tin but just little more heavy duty.

That's the only thing I could think of and is why I put the packaging quality at a 3.

Thank you Lorac for Unzipped. I will be coming back for more becuase of my experience with the price and quality of this product.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2012 9:50:00 PM More reviews by trillium13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This palette is beautiful! I love it. Every shade is beautifully soft and pigmented and blendable. This palette leans very warm. IMO it's more of a pinkish or reddish warm than the Naked palette, which are mostly warmish gold shades to me. They're definitely very different. I personally like the colors in this one better. I love that 3 of the shades here are matte. (3 of the darker ones) None of them are glittery, they just have a beautiful shimmer. If you like warm neutrals, this could be the perfect everyday palette. Every color is perfectly soft, and blends like a dream, and they all go together very nicely. The only thing I don't really care for is the packaging-I don't think it looks as nice as it could, given the quality of the shadows. It looks a bit cheap. But it's definitely well worth the price-I never hear this palette mentioned and I think it definitely deserves more love! It's gorgeous and I very highly recommend it.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2012 2:03:00 AM More reviews by Vanessa07

MY FAV Palette!
These are very high quality shadows, very pigmented. The only two shades that I feel are similar (and ONLY in the sense that they are dark) are the right two top and bottom. I do feel like they are very different shades, just dark. I dont quite understand how anyone would say they all look similar. I would say it depends on the color of your skin. The lightest shade is a like a nude shimmer, usually colors like these are used as highlights, so I dont understand why someone would say you "cant see the color". I can see the color, my skintone is like a "nude, beige." Overall I absolutely love this palette. It could be that these are my fav shades to wear, plums and browns. I love that its not a super shimmery shimmer and the fact that they includes mattes. I usually choose this palette over my Naked2, but thats just personal preference.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2012 6:49:00 PM More reviews by sizza911

I love this palette! It suits me much better than the Naked I palette which I also own. I like that there are an equal amount of matte and shimmer shades. My biggest complaint with Naked palettes is the lack of matte shades so I was glad that this palette has more. The colors lean more toward the pink/burgundy side than Naked and I love how well they blend. I always get compliments on my eyeshadow when I'm wearing this palette. I use the white shade almost every day on my brow bone no matter what kind of shadow I've got on. Pinky brown shades like these make my green eyes pop. I also like the eye shadow primer that came along with this palette much better than my old standby Urban Decay. It's creamier and seems to blend better. I'm going to buy in full size when I've used up all my other eye primers.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2012 12:47:00 PM More reviews by razberry5

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this palette. Works very well for me and I love the eyeshadow
primer that comes with. I am redheaded, light to medium skin with pink undertones, and green/blue eyes. I love that the palette is rose-toned. It is different from the usual neutrals. Using the primer, these shadows last me about 14 hours without touching it AT ALL. Great mixture of matte and sparkle to pick from.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2012 11:33:00 PM More reviews by beachesatnormandy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I am in love with this palette. I have green/grey eyes, so these colors work wonders for me. I think there is a pretty even mix of glitter to more matted shadows and this was one of the main reason I chose this palette. It allows me to dress it up for going out, or dress it down for a more professional setting. The shadows stay on for a good 10-12 hours, although they do crease you can easily fix it. I have yet to try the primer that accompanies this product, because I have my own personal favorite. However, as soon as that one runs out I will be trying Loracs! I highly recommend this palette for anyone with green eyes because the choices are diverse and you can find something that goes with just about every occasion/outfit and it lasts!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2012 10:50:00 AM More reviews by dbmiller

Adore this palette. As others have said, yes, a lot of the shades lean towards having a rosy hue. I don't mind this for the most part as long as there's a good balance of shimmer and matte shades, which there certainly is. The shades are extremely pigmented and very high quality.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2012 12:54:00 AM More reviews by JennifeRx

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

After reading online reviews for this product, I was expecting to be impressed, but I wasn't. There is too much "rose" or too many reddish tones in these shadows. They make my eyes look "off" and they certainly don't brighten them the way UD Naked 1 palette does. My coloring is fair, blonde hair, blue eyes, I lean cool but can wear many warmer shades. I'm not quite sure exactly why these Lorac shadows didn't do it for me. I didn't think the buttery texture or easy of application like with Urban Decay was there in the Lorac product. If the colors suited my better and were less "ruddy," maybe I'd keep this palette, but as it stands now, it's probably going back to Sephora and I will keep Naked 1 and possibly Naked 2.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No