November 26, 2014 | 1807 users online

Palettes - LORAC - Unzipped

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2013 9:43:00 AM More reviews by deadonarrivals

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love. This. Palette. I love rose gold so this neutral palette really caught my eye because most of the shades have a rosy hue to them. I originally purchased UD Naked 2 because I wanted a different neutral look but I realized quickly that the shades in Naked 2 were making me look washed out and tired. The cool taupes and browns in Naked 2 didn't work well with my medium olive skin and dark circles. So, I exchanged Naked 2 for Lorac Unzipped and I'm much happier. In this palette, you get mostly shimmery shades but also 4 matte shades. I have to say, I love all of the shades in the palette. I even love the matte shades which normally I don't typically care for. The quality of this palette is A+. All shades in this palette are smooth, soft to the touch and pigmented. Along with this palette, you get a mini behind the scenes primer which is also a great quality primer. To compare to my UD Naked 1, there are some similar shades but the overall tones in the two palettes are very different. Naked 1 has a yellow gold theme that runs in all of the shades and the Unzipped palette all have a rose gold tone in all the shades.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2013 11:07:00 PM More reviews by laylaperdomo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great buy for us NEUTRAL lovers!

Pigmented creamy and staying power is excellent!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2013 11:10:00 PM More reviews by angiepangie77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have the Naked 2 palette and was considering buying the original Naked palette-but then I saw this palette at Ulta and fell in love. Every shade in this palette is useable and absolutely stunning. The pigmentation and color pay-off are amazing, they are super soft but not messy, and blend like a dream. I love the combination of mattes and shimmers. The shimmer shades aren't overly shimmery or sparkly at all.
This was my first Lorac purchase and definitely will not be my last. I can't recommend this palette enough!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2013 6:21:00 PM More reviews by Marasy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This palette has a gorgeous array of brown shades, but in a way we don't see as often. As everyone else has said, all the shades have a unique rosy tone to them. I have a pale olive complexion with cool undertones, brown eyes and brown hair and these surprisingly look very pretty on me, despite the shades seeming like they wouldn't work for a cool skin tone.

There are 3 matte shades, 5 metallic shades and one sort of satiny highlight shade. The only shade I don't use much is Undiscovered, the gold shade, as I find it a bit too warm for my liking. The quality of these eye shadows are just as excellent as Urban Decay. They are very pigmented, including the mattes, soft but not as soft as in Lorac's Pro palette.

The packaging is very portable and has a mirror, always a plus. I'm not very fond of the cardboard packaging and would have preferred a plastic or tin case.

Overall, I am glad I finally decided to get this palette. I kept waffling back and forth because I wasn't sure if the colors would work on me, and also because I have several neutral palettes already, including both Urban Decay Naked palettes, the Too Faced Naked and Natural palettes, and a Tarte Neutral Eyes Vol. II palette. Lorac's Unzipped is unique to all these. The only shades close to theirs were Urban Decay's Toasted, Hustle, YDK, and perhaps Busted. But these are spread among the two Nakeds, and none are matte. So I would recommend taking a chance on this.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2013 5:06:00 PM More reviews by klgbeatnik

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

i love love love this palette. great colors both shimmery and matte, great color payoff, and blends beautifully. in my opinion colors stay true when applied to lids. also next to no fallout which is awesome because i always apply my foundation first. i wear neutrals and browns with everything under the sun so this palette works perfectly for me. another thing i like is the color range, theres light pretty colors that are very natural looking for work, and dark bold browns for a more intense look when going out. its my go to palette and whenever im going out of town this is always the one i throw in my bag.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2013 10:03:00 AM More reviews by 3110hello

Obviously not among the majority here - I much prefer the LORAC PRO Palette to this one. Actually purchased this by accident at ULTA thinking that this was the PRO palette and was irritated at myself when I got home to realize I had picked up the wrong item. However, not one to EVER turn down an eyeshadow palette, I decided to keep this and use it - which I have. at least half a dozen times now.

I have brown eyes and frankly don't find that these colors do anything much for them. In the pan the colors look pretty and I love rose tone anything but I have yet to come up with a look from it that impresses me. Tried a variety of combinations but find them too shimmery and off color for my particular eyes. I am sure these colors are great on others - just not me.

I actually went back and purchased the Pro Palette and find it much more suitable to my needs - a nice combo of matte & shimmer shades and will probably(?) give this one to a friend. Could it be I am reaching palette overdose? Even the new UD OZ teasers aren't pulling me in...

6 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2013 9:09:00 AM More reviews by tlkingsley

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

IMO, LORAC palettes are the unsung heroes of the makeup industry!! I have eye shadows from MAC, TF, UD, MUFE, SmashBox, Tarte, and several other companies but I have NEVER found a better palette than this one! I was a huge fan of my Naked palette and considered it my HG until I discovered this little gem at my local Ulta. I am a redhead with a medium skin tone (with reddish undertones), freckles, and dark brown eyes and I was looking for a pink/brown combination of colors to wear with a great new outfit I had purchased. I don't normally check out LORAC eye shadows but was having very little luck finding the right shades in my normal favorite lines so I gave it a shot and boy, was I glad I did! The colors in this palette are absolutely gorgeous and glide on like a dream!! I use my UDPP (my HG primer that will have to be pried out of my cold, dead hands as that's the only way I will ever give it up) and these shadows stay with me all day long (I'm talking 12+ hours on fairly oily eyelids). I literally have to scrub them off at night! The colors all blend beautifully and the shimmery shades don't have big flakes of sparkle in them. The simply glow on your eyelids, creating a very captivating look, no matter how you do your eyes. I really like to mix the shimmer and matte shades for a higher level of dimension, especially when I'm going out for the evening. The pigmentation of these colors is absolutely perfect! You can use a lighter hand for a more casual look or build the colors up without looking like a clown. I do not experience ANY fallout with these shadows either, which is much more than I can say for some of my other palettes, especially Too Faced. I have spent an untold amount of time playing in my makeup and god only knows how much money on eye shadows (it's a problem, I admit it!) and I have NEVER found an eye shadow or palette that I love as much as this one. I loved it so much that I've since purchased the Femme Fatale palette, as well as the Pro Palette. If you are looking for an outstanding eyeshadow that will outlast you in a day, that is a delight to put on, that comes in an amazing array of colors and that is one of the most reasonably priced shadows on the market, visit the LORAC counter. You'll be very glad you did!!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2013 10:06:00 PM More reviews by Daatch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was my first Lorca purchase and I have been so so pleased. The colors work perfectly for daily wear.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2013 11:26:00 PM More reviews by timothybcat

I'm on a rose gold kick right now, and this palette is like a riff on rose gold. There's a bronze, a pale cream pink, shimmer and mattes. Practically every shade has a pinky-brown/mauve undertone to it. I'm sure that at least 3 shades are pretty much dupes for what you might find in Naked 1 or 2 (as in "Unconditional" = "Tease" from Naked 2; or "Unspoken = "Buck" from Naked 1). But there are a few that are truly unique. "Untamed," for example, is a very rich earthy brown that skews plum. "Unbridled" is a matte version of "Untamed".

This is a palette for subtley. I certainly have nothing against shimmer, but sometimes the UD shimmers are just too much if you really want something soft and understated. With the shades having that similar undertone, I get the most perfect ombre eye look I've ever done. I've worn every shade in the LORAC palette and they're all velvety, smooth, and pigmented.

The quality really cannot be beaten, even by Urban Decay. Many UD shadows wear or crease on me after 8 hours, even with primer. (And this is the result of my own crepey, oily lids, not UD's fault.) The LORAC shadows don't fade as much, and don't crease at all. Speaking of primer, this comes with a little tube of Behind the Scenes Eye Primer. I've compared it to TFSI and UDPP, using the LORAC on one eye and TFSI or UDPP on the other, and saw no difference in wear at all.

Do you need this if you have one or both of the Naked palettes? Probably not. But if you've been looking at those, consider this one. It's $10 cheaper and amazing!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2013 8:35:00 AM More reviews by habana

I've always been a neutral eyeshadow girl and with all the "nude" palettes available now I wanted to get one. I spotted this Lorac Unzipped palette in Sephora and instantly was drawn to the pinky brown neutral shades. Another draw was that it contained a nice combination of mattes and shimmers.

I am so happy I bought it! All the colors are very pigmented...you barely have to touch the brush to the shadows to get plenty of color. There are ten large (about 1 inch sq.) eyeshadows. 6 have shimmer to them, 4 are matte and there are none that contain glitter. The colors range from champagne, gold, bronze, mauve, burgandy and several shades of brown. These colors compliment my blue/gray eyes so well. The shadows are buttery smooth and blend like a dream. No fall out, no creasing and the colors last all day. This palette also comes with a mini Lorac eyeshadow primer, which is very good. It glides on your lids and isn't drying like some primers.

I really can't find any fault with this palette. I've been using it everyday since getting it. I highly recommend this neutral palette to anyone on the market for one with a good shimmer to matte ratio. This palette doesn't get nearly enough attention it deserves and is often overlooked.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No