August 20, 2014 | 1911 users online

Palettes - LORAC - Unzipped

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2013 10:03:00 AM More reviews by 3110hello

Obviously not among the majority here - I much prefer the LORAC PRO Palette to this one. Actually purchased this by accident at ULTA thinking that this was the PRO palette and was irritated at myself when I got home to realize I had picked up the wrong item. However, not one to EVER turn down an eyeshadow palette, I decided to keep this and use it - which I have. at least half a dozen times now.

I have brown eyes and frankly don't find that these colors do anything much for them. In the pan the colors look pretty and I love rose tone anything but I have yet to come up with a look from it that impresses me. Tried a variety of combinations but find them too shimmery and off color for my particular eyes. I am sure these colors are great on others - just not me.

I actually went back and purchased the Pro Palette and find it much more suitable to my needs - a nice combo of matte & shimmer shades and will probably(?) give this one to a friend. Could it be I am reaching palette overdose? Even the new UD OZ teasers aren't pulling me in...

6 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2013 9:09:00 AM More reviews by tlkingsley

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

IMO, LORAC palettes are the unsung heroes of the makeup industry!! I have eye shadows from MAC, TF, UD, MUFE, SmashBox, Tarte, and several other companies but I have NEVER found a better palette than this one! I was a huge fan of my Naked palette and considered it my HG until I discovered this little gem at my local Ulta. I am a redhead with a medium skin tone (with reddish undertones), freckles, and dark brown eyes and I was looking for a pink/brown combination of colors to wear with a great new outfit I had purchased. I don't normally check out LORAC eye shadows but was having very little luck finding the right shades in my normal favorite lines so I gave it a shot and boy, was I glad I did! The colors in this palette are absolutely gorgeous and glide on like a dream!! I use my UDPP (my HG primer that will have to be pried out of my cold, dead hands as that's the only way I will ever give it up) and these shadows stay with me all day long (I'm talking 12+ hours on fairly oily eyelids). I literally have to scrub them off at night! The colors all blend beautifully and the shimmery shades don't have big flakes of sparkle in them. The simply glow on your eyelids, creating a very captivating look, no matter how you do your eyes. I really like to mix the shimmer and matte shades for a higher level of dimension, especially when I'm going out for the evening. The pigmentation of these colors is absolutely perfect! You can use a lighter hand for a more casual look or build the colors up without looking like a clown. I do not experience ANY fallout with these shadows either, which is much more than I can say for some of my other palettes, especially Too Faced. I have spent an untold amount of time playing in my makeup and god only knows how much money on eye shadows (it's a problem, I admit it!) and I have NEVER found an eye shadow or palette that I love as much as this one. I loved it so much that I've since purchased the Femme Fatale palette, as well as the Pro Palette. If you are looking for an outstanding eyeshadow that will outlast you in a day, that is a delight to put on, that comes in an amazing array of colors and that is one of the most reasonably priced shadows on the market, visit the LORAC counter. You'll be very glad you did!!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2013 10:06:00 PM More reviews by Daatch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was my first Lorca purchase and I have been so so pleased. The colors work perfectly for daily wear.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2013 11:26:00 PM More reviews by timothybcat

I'm on a rose gold kick right now, and this palette is like a riff on rose gold. There's a bronze, a pale cream pink, shimmer and mattes. Practically every shade has a pinky-brown/mauve undertone to it. I'm sure that at least 3 shades are pretty much dupes for what you might find in Naked 1 or 2 (as in "Unconditional" = "Tease" from Naked 2; or "Unspoken = "Buck" from Naked 1). But there are a few that are truly unique. "Untamed," for example, is a very rich earthy brown that skews plum. "Unbridled" is a matte version of "Untamed".

This is a palette for subtley. I certainly have nothing against shimmer, but sometimes the UD shimmers are just too much if you really want something soft and understated. With the shades having that similar undertone, I get the most perfect ombre eye look I've ever done. I've worn every shade in the LORAC palette and they're all velvety, smooth, and pigmented.

The quality really cannot be beaten, even by Urban Decay. Many UD shadows wear or crease on me after 8 hours, even with primer. (And this is the result of my own crepey, oily lids, not UD's fault.) The LORAC shadows don't fade as much, and don't crease at all. Speaking of primer, this comes with a little tube of Behind the Scenes Eye Primer. I've compared it to TFSI and UDPP, using the LORAC on one eye and TFSI or UDPP on the other, and saw no difference in wear at all.

Do you need this if you have one or both of the Naked palettes? Probably not. But if you've been looking at those, consider this one. It's $10 cheaper and amazing!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2013 8:35:00 AM More reviews by habana

I've always been a neutral eyeshadow girl and with all the "nude" palettes available now I wanted to get one. I spotted this Lorac Unzipped palette in Sephora and instantly was drawn to the pinky brown neutral shades. Another draw was that it contained a nice combination of mattes and shimmers.

I am so happy I bought it! All the colors are very pigmented...you barely have to touch the brush to the shadows to get plenty of color. There are ten large (about 1 inch sq.) eyeshadows. 6 have shimmer to them, 4 are matte and there are none that contain glitter. The colors range from champagne, gold, bronze, mauve, burgandy and several shades of brown. These colors compliment my blue/gray eyes so well. The shadows are buttery smooth and blend like a dream. No fall out, no creasing and the colors last all day. This palette also comes with a mini Lorac eyeshadow primer, which is very good. It glides on your lids and isn't drying like some primers.

I really can't find any fault with this palette. I've been using it everyday since getting it. I highly recommend this neutral palette to anyone on the market for one with a good shimmer to matte ratio. This palette doesn't get nearly enough attention it deserves and is often overlooked.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2012 2:33:00 AM More reviews by THEqu33nb

I am not a fan of eyeshadows, I am the type of make-up lover that rather spend my money on new foundations / bronzers / lipsticks than eyeshadow palettes since with palettes that I buy I always end up using only 2 or 3 colors out of the entire thing. But I watched a video on youtube and this one girl did a everyday tutorial with this palette using mostly all the colors..I love neutral eyes (easier to blend) so I got this.. I have the naked I +II palette's, I ALSO have about 3 coastal scents palette's as well as 3 TOO FACED palettes. THIS IS by far MY FAVORITE palette!! makes my eyes look sensual yet casual. and with that hint of nude brown purple. love it!!!! pigmented but not as pigmented as the naked palettes but the colors are unique with a mixture of nudes and shimmers!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2012 12:56:00 PM More reviews by MsMaryMAC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I noticed that there were no reviews from dark women on this gem of a palette- let me be the first brownie to say that this is an AWESOME palette! The colors are very pigmented and look really beautiful against brown skin. Because you have matte colors within the palette, you can get a complete look out of this palette- all you need to add is liner and mascara. : ) I used UDPP and the colors stayed on all day until I washed it off that night.

The packaging is sleek and would be perfect to throw in a bag while you're on the go.

I haven't tried the primer, so no comment on that.

17 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2012 5:07:00 AM More reviews by SweetAgony

This is an amazing palette. the colors are versitile and the small sample of primer is fabulous. I have always used lancome eyeshadow base but it always dries out on me. I also tried the urban decay PP but i was not impressed with it. SO i used my lorac palette and primer and wow. It was on for hours no creasing no fading. Love it!! The colors are amazing with beautiful finely milled eyeshadows that are highly pigmented. I had debated if i wanted this palette or the naked palette and im very happy with my purchase becuase i didn't need grays or weird colors I just wanted lovely neutrals and i got that with this palette.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2012 1:26:00 PM More reviews by mulletoftruth

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Other

I have been in love with this palette since I bought it about 6 months ago, and am still in love every time I use it. It is my favorite makeup purchase I've made in years and other manufacturers should take note when devising their eye palettes.

It is mostly shimmers with a few mattes, in shades of gold, peach, bronze, mocha, mauve, plum, and a gorgeous purple-tinged dark brown shimmer (a color I've been seeking out for years.)

All of the colors work beautifully together for a variety of looks, and the palette was very well-conceived in that it is complete - one never needs to go outside of the palette to pull a look together.

You can do a matte or shimmery nude, a bronzy glow, a smoky bronze, a plummy smoke, etc. All of the colors are very wearable (not a loser in the bunch) and flattering, and look particularly beautiful on my green-leaning grey eyes. (Often shades in these categories are overly red and make me look sickly or bruised.)

I have a million shades of gold, copper, bronze and brown, but the colors in this palette are notably unique and complex versions of these hues. What's more is that it lends itself to all seasons. I bought it to wear in the summer, but it's equally perfect for fall, winter and spring. I could not recommend this palette more highly. It makes me hesitant to buy others, and regret past purchases, as few eye palettes are this thoughtfully put together.

I should note that it came with a deluxe sample of LORAC eye primer, which I've really come to like. It's creamy rather than drying (ala UDPP, TFSI, Stila) and my makeup stays put all day long.

13 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2012 8:58:00 PM More reviews by summerdawn1123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this palette. I lusted after it for a month before finally buying it and I am glad I did, Sometimes when I am applying the shadows from this palette I am thinking to myself that these are not going to work( kinda redish on me) but when I am finished and have my eyeliner and mascara on and look in the mirror I have to admit that they are very beautiful and always end up looking amazing. They are soft and buttery and blend like a dream.
EDIT_ I also think a brush should have been included for the price.