September 1, 2014 | 1995 users online

Liquid - BeneFit Cosmetics - "Hello Flawless!" Oxygen Wow

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2014 5:23:00 AM More reviews by fatima1087

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this foundation because just like everybody else i was looking for the holly foundation! and i have an oily skin so i thought this "Oil Free" foundation might actually keep me matte for a few hours!
At first i liked it because it had a soft finish to it and the color i got "Champagne" was a good match BUT as i started wearing it for during the day i started to notice that it leaves my face sticky and as oily as it could ever get!!!!
Do i hate it? I'm not so sure ! the color and coverage are pretty good
Do i love it? not really.. I'm still looking !!

I recommend this foundation to people with DRY to NORMAL skin! Def not oily

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2014 3:10:00 PM More reviews by Asioned

I love this foundation because it's light and natural, but I can build it to cover problem spots.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2014 12:26:00 PM More reviews by Fazira

The counter lady tried some on my face and told me I was in the shade Champagne and since I heard about how beneficial it is, what with it being filled with oxygen or something, I decided to buy it without doing much research.

I liked it for the first few times I used it, but that was a long time ago and not during the time where I'd pay attention to my base. After a long pause, it became a rediscovery and I realised why I stopped using it.

Firstly, it was too drying. It left me looking cakey and made my pores more visible. I think it is to do with their formula that uses clay? I'm not too sure. Secondly, since it is a medium coverage, if you ever build it up to get full coverage, you WILL look cakey, so be wary of this. Thirdly, it does not have very good staying power for someone with oily skin such as myself, and while it really does not oxidise, I still don't see why I should reach for this foundation. Maybe the only reason would be because I paid quite a lot of money for it, which is my fourth point; pricey. Really not something I would repurchase since it does not give me my money's worth. I don't mind my Nars Sheer Glow because that stuff is amazing. Fifth, the colour range is not all that impressive. My skin tone is really something in between Champagne and beige upon closer examination.

Perhaps if I had used a brush, I would get a better result. Along with a primer. But then again, I have other foundations that perform way better when I apply without a primer or a brush.

Should Benefit launch a newer formula with a bigger colour range, I might just give a whirl.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/27/2014 8:33:00 AM More reviews by pgoodwin89

I often flick through magazines, looking at models skin (in envy) that i myself don't have flawless, glowing, well perfect skin (even though i am aware that the pictures are airbrushed and my foundation cant work miracles) but in my head that's what im convinced i can achieve with my own skin.

So, i was looking into buying a medium coverage, dewy foundation that doesn't make me have an oily/shiny face.

I don't have oily skin myself, my skin is quite sensitive with the occasional pimple.

I have had many Benefit products in the past and have been really pleased with the result, although i admit i've never tried their foundation before. I went into my local boots store to query what the assistant on the benefit counter thought would work best for my 'flawless, glowy dewy look' - of which she advised that the new 'Hello Flawless, Oxygen Foundation' found fit best.

I took a seat and she applied that foundation to the corner face to see what shade would suit me best, my shade was 'Ivory, Pure for Sure' - my first impression was 'i quite like the look of that' so sure enough i purchased a bottle.

However, i couldn't contain my excitement so i opened the bottle as soon as i got home. Cleansed, Toned, Moisturized and Primed my face ready for application.

I watched a few you tube videos to see the best way of applying and the general consensus was to apply with a brush, so i started apply the foundation with my brush.

The results...well were not as i had hoped. It didn't provide any coverage at all, it stuck to my dry skin and it had a 'cakey' effect to it. Giving it the benefit of the doubt i wore it for the rest of the day to see how it held up, after 3/4 hours later my t-zone was incredibly shiny and i looked like i just had greasy moisturizer on my face. I have set it with powder and applied it with a sponge ever since and i still feel it makes no difference.

Sorry Benefit, this isn't your greatest product and its far too overpriced for what you actually get.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2014 5:16:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received a week's worth of samples in the shade Beige and another lighter shade to test out; the shade Beige being more of a decent match for me. For reference I have oily, but very sensitive skin with an array of skin issues such as eczema, tendency towards congestion, sebaceous filaments, and large pores. This provided medium coverage that was buildable and easy to work with and blend. I prefer using my fingers to blend in some areas and had no problems applying it. It feels light and leaves my face soft, however it doesn't have good longevity for me (a couple of hours at the most) and leaves my face looking greasy on my forehead. You definitely need a setting powder with this if you are oily skinned. Make sure any areas that are dry are exfoliated and moisurized too since this will exaggerate them. I would say all in all that this is an average foundation. It is not the worse that I have tried, but certaintly not the best.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/24/2014 1:27:00 PM More reviews by Alison1986

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Applied by make up artist. Good colour but about 15 minutes after applying this foundation I turned red and blotchy. I do have sensitive skin so this did not agree. Back to clarins I think

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2014 12:48:00 PM More reviews by justbernadette

This foundation works wonders for me, as I have dry skin and it adds a nice dewy finish. However, for people with oily skin, i highly recommend setting this with some powder... And you would have to touch up with the powder after about 3 hours or else your skin will appear to be very moist.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2014 5:57:00 PM More reviews by Mathildish

HG foundation, no doubt about that! Great colour-range, medium coverage easy to build up, and blends in without caking at all! Gives a beautiful luminous finish, sets perfect with powder and lasts all day. I will repurchase this over and over!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2014 7:30:00 AM More reviews by lovedollygirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got a deluxe sample of this one in Champagne. I have very oily skin so I try to stay away from any kind of liquid foundation but I liked this one! It had great coverage perfect to hide some of my patchy redness on my cheeks. It did make me oily after maybe 4 hours, but it was more like "dewy". What I loved about this one was that it was a light formulation. Aside from that, the shade really matched my complexion.

I will definitely buy this full sized next time.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2014 5:34:00 PM More reviews by itsmyparty87

First off I just want to say that if you have oily skin this foundation is definitely not for you. I have combination/dry skin and this product is awesome. If I'm in a rush I can skip my moisturizer because this foundation does a great job of locking in moisture. I set this foundation with a powder and my skin looks flawless. It lasts all day long at work and I recently used it during Austin's sxsw music festival and I didn't need to touch up. I love it!