October 30, 2014 | 1693 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - ColorBurst Lip Butter - Raspberry Pie

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2012 1:00:00 AM More reviews by NJCathi

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I read all the hype about the Lip Butters and I have to say they lived up to it. Raspberry Pie was the first one I bought and I loved the saturated color. I've since gone back and gotten Lollipop as well and that one is also a favorite. I was concerned that they would bleed since they're so moisturizing but I haven't had that problem at all. I have silver hair, fair/medium skin and they both give me the pop of color I need on my small mouth. I'll be going back for more.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2012 2:28:00 PM More reviews by mbrow222

I love this product. It is very moisturizing and bright. This colour made my blue eyes pop and was a dramatic sweep of berry colour. It made me look healthier. I also think this colour is a great alternative to the dramatic red lip- its like a more fun version of it. Lasting power was great for a butter. I ate and drank while wearing this and my lips still had that dark raspberry stain.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/27/2012 10:00:00 PM More reviews by livenlaugh365

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I hate to be the one to disagree with everyone else, but I hated this product!!! Absolutely awful on my skin tone. It reminded me of a lipstick that my grandmother's one friend wears all the time, which totally creeped me out. I hate to waste things though, so I've found that dabbing a little bit on and topping it off with a pink/mauve gloss works.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2012 8:47:00 AM More reviews by NikitaRose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

This is such a wonderful dark berry fuchsia, it is similar in pigmentation and color to Lollipop but Raspberry pie has a lot more red in it. It is extremely pigmented and it doesn't have any glitter or shimmer. The finish is very glossy, almost like you applied a thin layer of lip gloss on top of it.
It does have to be reapplied every two to three hours, even more often if you are drinking and I do think it would be almost gone if you ate something but it would leave behind a nice berry stain on the lips. The Lip butters have very different consistencies and levels of pigmentation, this is probably the most pigmented one and in that way it is similar only to Lollipop and Red velvet (and maybe Candy apple and Cherry tart but they are slightly less intense).
I am a NW15 blonde and I love this color but it does look more red than pink on my lips. As a color I prefer Lollipop, I think it suits my skin tone better, but this product is still amazing for the price.
I don't have a problem with the packaging either, it looks really nice and I love that the casing matches the color of the lip butter.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2012 9:10:00 PM More reviews by singwritenow

I will chime in with the other reviewers about how bright and vibrantly pigmented Raspberry Pie is. It is one of the deepest shades of the lip butters and incredibly gorgeous. I think this color would look great on a variety of skin tones. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2012 8:15:00 PM More reviews by r4tgl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Great color!
Very pigmented close dupe for MAC girl about town.
Only tiny complaint, doesn't last very long but does wear down to a nice stain.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2012 3:27:00 PM More reviews by carolmuncy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This color is beautiful. If you try this color, you will never again think that lip butters are nothing but tinted lip balm!

This color is a "matte" color only in the essence that it has no glitter. It has a beautiful sheen to the lips, but not so much that your hair gets stuck to it when you put it on. For those who like shine, but not stick...this formulation would be great. It wears down to a nice even stain over time, and there is no bleeding outside my lips even without lip liner. I really feel that if you would like darker lips, but are a little apprehensive about having a stark, crisp, lip...definitely give it a whirl.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2012 5:52:00 PM More reviews by missykeyana

Oh my, I put on this color and I fell in love. It's so gorgeous! On me, Raspberry Pie shows up as a fairly pigmented dark pink. I see no obvious yellow, brown, or purple tones, but I'm not skilled at describing makeup colors (yet). There is no shimmer or glitter in this lip butter. It wears off evenly after 3 hours or so, leaving a light stain.
This one may be my new favorite. It just brightens up my face SO much! *sigh* It's awesome....