Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter - Raspberry Pie

4.1

on 3/24/2012 11:51:00 PM

I absolutely adore these! Raspberry pie is my one and only lip butter. (Yes I would like some more eventually.) I was so attracted to the smooth look of the product. Lovely packaging :). Honestly, the consistency is marvelous, so smooth and clean, and a slight transparent touch? Really awesome.

on 3/24/2012 2:20:00 PM

This is a great berry shade - not too much though like Lollipop could be for some people. My 75 mom rocks this shade, and I like it on me too for a bit of pop but not anything too far out.

I do love all the Revlon lip butters for my older lips.
They are moisturizing for me, don't feel like I am wearing lipstick (don't feel heavy). Biggest down side is frequent reapplication - lousy weartime, but
i am okay with that,

on 3/23/2012 1:05:00 PM

I'm surprised that I actually like this shade on me. It's a bright fuschia color & since I have a pale yellow-based complexion, I tend to steer away from any bright lipsticks with blue undertone. BUT THIS PARTICULAR SHADE WORKS! :) It's just as moisturizing as the sheer-er lip butters (e.g. Pink Truffle & Sugar Plum), which is a plus, because I find that the more pigmented ones (e.g. Red Velvet) are quite drying.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I bought this one instead of lollipop - I thought this was a bit more muted when I looked at the tube. I am not a bright lipstick person yet, but I think I like this color as a first step. It is bold, but pretty and more rosy than fushia. Like the other lip butters, this has a perfect texture: shiny - but not glossy, and richly pigmented. No smell or taste and feels smooth like a light balm.

on 3/12/2012 1:00:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

I read all the hype about the Lip Butters and I have to say they lived up to it. Raspberry Pie was the first one I bought and I loved the saturated color. I've since gone back and gotten Lollipop as well and that one is also a favorite. I was concerned that they would bleed since they're so moisturizing but I haven't had that problem at all. I have silver hair, fair/medium skin and they both give me the pop of color I need on my small mouth. I'll be going back for more.

on 3/3/2012 2:28:00 PM

I love this product. It is very moisturizing and bright. This colour made my blue eyes pop and was a dramatic sweep of berry colour. It made me look healthier. I also think this colour is a great alternative to the dramatic red lip- its like a more fun version of it. Lasting power was great for a butter. I ate and drank while wearing this and my lips still had that dark raspberry stain.

on 2/27/2012 10:00:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I hate to be the one to disagree with everyone else, but I hated this product!!! Absolutely awful on my skin tone. It reminded me of a lipstick that my grandmother's one friend wears all the time, which totally creeped me out. I hate to waste things though, so I've found that dabbing a little bit on and topping it off with a pink/mauve gloss works.

on 2/24/2012 8:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is such a wonderful dark berry fuchsia, it is similar in pigmentation and color to Lollipop but Raspberry pie has a lot more red in it. It is extremely pigmented and it doesn't have any glitter or shimmer. The finish is very glossy, almost like you applied a thin layer of lip gloss on top of it.
It does have to be reapplied every two to three hours, even more often if you are drinking and I do think it would be almost gone if you ate something but it would leave behind a nice berry stain on the lips. The Lip butters have very different consistencies and levels of pigmentation, this is probably the most pigmented one and in that way it is similar only to Lollipop and Red velvet (and maybe Candy apple and Cherry tart but they are slightly less intense).
I am a NW15 blonde and I love this color but it does look more red than pink on my lips. As a color I prefer Lollipop, I think it suits my skin tone better, but this product is still amazing for the price.
I don't have a problem with the packaging either, it looks really nice and I love that the casing matches the color of the lip butter.

on 2/23/2012 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I will chime in with the other reviewers about how bright and vibrantly pigmented Raspberry Pie is. It is one of the deepest shades of the lip butters and incredibly gorgeous. I think this color would look great on a variety of skin tones. Love it.

on 2/23/2012 8:15:00 PM

Great color!
Very pigmented close dupe for MAC girl about town.
Only tiny complaint, doesn't last very long but does wear down to a nice stain.

Popular Lipsticks