September 23, 2014 | 1042 users online

BB Cream - Marcelle - BB Cream Beauty Balm

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2012 8:12:00 AM More reviews by cleogirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Of the 3 BB Creams I've tried so far (Garnier, Maybelline + this one), this one is by far the best. Please note I have very oily, acne prone skin. The Garnier one left my skin looking like an oil field within 20 mins and the Maybelline one, although I loved the feel and consistency of it, broke me out. This one is kindof like a tinted moisturizer but doesn't look overly oily when set. The light shade matches my skin pretty well right now but not sure if it will still when my slight tan dissapears. Would recommend above the other two for oily skinned girls.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2012 12:36:00 PM More reviews by Makeuppower

I really like this BB cream. Recently a clerk at Shopper's asked me if I wanted the SPF version, since Marcelle has indeed made one, but I actually said no because SPF always breaks me out. I use sesame seed oil as a low but effective SPF, and make sure to put on a hat after a while in the sun.

I've been using their original non SPF version for two months now, and it's really nice. It goes on smoothly, never looks dry or cakey, and blends easily. It lasts a long time; at the end of a long day it's held up pretty well, although I wouldn't say it's a 16-18 hour makeup. If I were to go out again at night, I'd spritz my face and touch it up again. It lasts a good 10 hours, however. It's actually about a medium coverage, and in my opinion, better than a tinted moisturizer. It feels light and blendable, has a dewiness like a tinted moisturizer yet it's more like a "go to" foundation for everyday.

Some reviewers say it's not enough coverage for them for work. I wear it to work all the time along with my concealer on the T zone, and powder. If I were going to a big event, I'd like to try Marcelle Cream to Powder along with it to see how that holds up. Marcelle seems a great company for people prone to acne, and I like how their stuff has made me confident that I'm not going to break out or feel itchy and uncomfortable wearing it. The only reason I took off a lippie is because I'd like a makeup to last me 24 hours and still look as good as newly applied, but I mean, c'mon!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2012 10:46:00 PM More reviews by patricia257

Ok so as a korean, ive tried alot of different bb cream products. and so far this has been my favorite. however there r pros and cons. To start off, this bb cream is the only bb cream that i used thats close to my skin tone. alot of the korean brands r either too light or too grey for my liking...i also think that it has a pretty good coverage. you need to know that bb creams are not meant for u if u hav clearly visible acne. bb creams r suppose to give u that natural looking glow so it works best if u hav minimal blemishes. My skin does get a lil oily n shiny so i need to set this with powder.....i also dont like how theres no spf in this product. however, overall, its a good product. didnt break me out so so pretty happy bout that :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2012 9:59:00 PM More reviews by mikaoya

I think this is the closest to a HG foundation so far for me. I'v tried tons. So far this one hasn't break me out even if i wear it for over 12 hours. Staying power is good. I do get oily as the day goes on but it does stay on. It has no known cancerous ingredients.

The coverage is in between light and medium. It covers some redness and veins and such, but not pimple scars. I love the feel. Very light and clean.

No crazy scent.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2012 12:47:00 AM More reviews by sinthuja19

I was at SDM and I was debating on which brand of BB creams to buy. I was going to purchase the Garnier brand since it was cheaper but the cosmetician suggested that I purchase the Marcelle kind since it is non-comedegenic and makes your skin less oily then the Garnier. She tested it out on my skin and I purchased the medium to dark shade. When I first put it on, it looks light but after it gets blended into my skin, my skin looks much better. The only think I hate about this product is the nasty smell. If it wasn't for the smell and if it had SPF in it I would definitely repurchase this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2012 11:49:00 PM More reviews by BohemianChic89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This product works very well, but unfortunately it is too dark for my fair skin, as a result I have not repurchased this mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2012 9:43:00 PM More reviews by himsl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product improved my skin over time so I love it. I've been using it steady and my skin looks even and brighter. Acne scars totally faded and skin has much smoother texture. I have oily skin so I have to finish it with a light dusting of powder but it's gotten my skin to the point where I don't need concealer. I think for $16.99 and optimum points from shoppers drug mart, it's worth a try. If you don't like it, you can cocktail it with another foundation or BB cream which I've done when I'm more tanned and the light doesn't mach as well. I don't think I'll ever use foundation again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2012 6:58:00 AM More reviews by vmalenfant

Marcelle is a (lower) mid-range makeup company in Canada. I never purchase anything from Marcelle in the past. Their BB cream was a first for me. I chose the lightest shade (i'm NC25-30 during summer) I think it is a pretty good match. it even out my skin, it brighten the skin and the staying power is pretty good. It is medium to light coverage, the pumps dispense the right amount of products. It doesn't dry up the skin. The downfall, NO SPF!!! and you have to be careful when you use the pump, sometimes the product goes everywhere.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2012 12:38:00 AM More reviews by brecham

I bought both this and the garnier bb cream at the same time, and have been using them both on and off for the last few months. Both are " light to medium" shade, and Marcelle was about 10 dollars more than the garnier. The differences in these creams are significant. I am really loving this cream, and really hating the garnier one (it is way too pink for my skin tone and immediately makes me feel and look greasy when I don't normally have oily skin). I set this cream with a loose powder and it looks great for hours.

Pros:
beautiful, sheer coverage and dewy finish
covers my acne scars and slight imperfections without looking cakey
leaves my skin smooth and soft
yellow undertones that match my skin perfectly

Cons:
the pump is very temperamental and sometimes clogs/ squirts in all directions
won't cover any significant blemishes ( but that's what concealer is for... not a bb cream)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/14/2012 2:39:00 AM More reviews by LouisaDarcy

As a tinted moisturizer this product is great. It has good coverage, texture, and blends well. The only problem is that it doesnt have spf! BB creams are supposed to be an all in one product. Its a good price and doesnt make me breakout, but didnt save me any time in my skin care routine.