October 23, 2014 | 2052 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - NARS - Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2014 3:24:00 PM More reviews by Shourek

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

A few months back, I decided to experiment with my foundation routine and purchased this tinted moisturizer in Alaska and Chanel vitalumière aqua in B20.
I used each for a few months, and well, we have a winner.
1) First off, if you have oily skin, run away from this product as fast as you can. It really is moisturizing. I normally put both moisturizer and primer under my foundations, but with this, just a tiny amount of primer and eye cream does the trick.
2) Color choices are exceptional. I hate pink based foundations, and well, most appeared to be yellow based.
3) It makes you look incredibly healthy, with no dry patches showing anywhere, as if you were glowing from within.

Now Ladies, I have tried hundreds of foundations, and I have to say, if you do not want heavy coverage, have relatively dry/normal skin, and desperately want that "I eat healthy and exercise daily look" without actually doing it, this is for you.
Now for the cons, (because let's face it, there's always cons), the "glow" can easily turn to "oil puff ball"; you really need to set this with translucent powder if you do not want to blind people. However, after setting, I never had trouble looking oily, even in "warmer" temperatures. ("Spring" here in Canada)
Second con: After about 9 hours, it starts disintegrating on your face. So no long wearing. (Keep in mind that I don't touch up anything, and that the Chanel foundation lasted about the same amount of time).
PS: If you want long last, turn to Estée Lauder double wear light (Colour choices are awful though).
And so, I actually really like this foundation. Even in harsh lights it still looks good, feels comfortable, no irritation or pimples, and oh, so easy to use. Love it.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/5/2014 9:16:00 AM More reviews by tue45892

Let me start off by acknowledging how much I loved this stuff, at first. I've never been much of a foundation girl, always finding that products tended to make my skin look worse than just going bare. So when a Sephora employee recommended I try Nars Tinted Moisturizer, I decided it was worth a shot. At $42, I assumed it would be made with high quality ingredients. The packaging is also sleek and nice.

As far as the color, it gives my skin a flawless, dewy look... albeit, a bit orange as it oxides throughout the day. When I use Jergens self tanner, the color seems to be a better match.

I've been using it for close to a year now and I can't say I'm blown away by it. I mostly use it for the SPF factor. However, in the past couple of months, I've been noticing some clogged pores and congestion on my forehead. While it is not red, inflamed acne, it is still troublesome and feels a bit rough to the touch. I have tried everything, from ditching diet soda and upping my water intake to exfoliating daily, all to no avail. The only thing I haven't tried is going makeup-free for a few days. Sure enough, once this product was out of my routine, my skin started to become smoother and return to its normal, healthy state.

Maybe my skin was just too sensitive for the ingredients in this product. It does have a hefty dose of SPF, which is what drew me towards it in the first place, but has a tendency to be comodegenic. For the price, the weird color selection and the reaction that my skin had, I can't recommend this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2014 12:46:00 PM More reviews by shalie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Before I bought this, I had never used a foundation This has nice coverage, all natural. I am Latina so I use St. Moritz. I have been in 100 degree weather and it has never felt greasy. I take good care of my skin and this product has no parabens, no harsh chemicals.

Alcohol- dries your skin. Sucks up moisture. Heck no!!!!!!

Paraben- A preservative, synthetic ingredient, harsh chemical.

Fragance- you don't need to go to the fragrance department every time you wash your face or put a moisturizer on your face.I read a lot of reviews where women rave about the smell of their moisturizer unfortunately that is drying your skin. Good to your senses not to your skin.

Petrolatum- Petroleum gel, it comes from oil refineries. That's all I have to say about that.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2014 3:09:00 AM More reviews by allonsy

I have this product in Terre-Neuve, and I'm impressed with the color range because it's difficult for me to find very fair shades in tinted moisturizers. This gives just enough coverage to even out some redness and blur mild acne, has a radiant finish without being dewy, and blends easily with fingers. It's not moisturizing enough to completely replace my actual moisturizer, but it also doesn't dry out my skin or cause it to get oily. If I apply a little powder on top, I can easily get 4-5 hours wear out of this product. I would recommend this to someone with normal-combination skin who is looking for a sheer, natural/glowing finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2014 11:25:00 AM More reviews by Krisjones311

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Purchased this product before my vacation. I knew I didnt want to have to pack on my MAC Matchmaster (8.5) every day while im at the beach so I did some research and wanted to buy a TM. It was either Laura Mercier or Nars after comparing the reviews and me liking other Nars products on the past I decided with Nars. I got matched for Polynesia and it matched effortlessly. BTW my skin already is pretty good with maybe a small scar or two from childhood no blemishes no acne no breakouts EVER I just wanted something to give me that extra glow. And boy did it ever my skin was radiant And glowy and all I needed was light coverage and it did just that. It has a slight scent but it goes away. 42 dollars is steep but its worth it. A little goes a long way.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/18/2014 5:25:00 AM More reviews by krystleclear

I've heard so many good reviews on this so I was easily influenced to purchase this, together with the matching primer. I am so disappointed with the coverage and how my skin looks when I am using this. I am not really looking for heavy coverage makeup. Everytime I decide to use this for the day I just feel so disappointed with the finish. I am used to using concealer on my undereyes only. I do not want the added step of putting concealer over my foundation/tinted moisturizer/bb cream because I expect these products to give me the finish that I am looking for. I always just use 1 layer of my base product because I am afraid it will become patchy if I layer on the product. I don't know if I am just not using this correctly but this product is such a disappointment.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 6:01:00 PM More reviews by formularossa

BEST tinted moisturizer I've used, and I've tried a lot. I have very acne-prone skin (ex. Sisley's Tropical Resins serum is the only skincare that works for me, hate it because it's so expensive), so I've been desperately trying to find a TM that fits. I use this product everyday, no foundation, nothing. My skin doesn't break out, it provides good coverage and works for all-day wear (doesn't make my skin oily as the day progresses). It comes in a variety of shades as well.

Highly recommend. I bought it 6 months ago, and I'm still on the same tube with a good amount left.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2014 3:12:00 PM More reviews by anisha12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I've been using this for the last two months now...in the cold dry weather here in UK, its been a lifesaver! I had lots of dry flaky patches on my face which only showed up more after applying my usual Bobbi Brown foundation so I needed to get a good moisturizing long-wearing foundation. Was in a fix about getting this or the TM from Laura Mercier, but finally jumped on this one cuz I have very sensitive, acne-prone skin and this had great reviews. My skin looks dewy and healthy soon after I apply this and my dry patches just disappear. The coverage is sheer but whatever you apply stays on for a long time...i'm talking 6 hours in an airconditioned office. I love this! I have it in St. Moritz which is a neutral toned match for Bobbi Brown Honey skin. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2014 12:36:00 PM More reviews by xylz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Pros:
-The shade is perfect match for me. I love Nars when it comes to their coloring. They always offer best colors for Asians. (NC 35 and purchased St. Moritz)
-It is very lightweight, non greasy, and absorbs fast on the skin.
-Does not oxidize or counter act when layered with foundation.
-Evens the skin out and it has SPF. Great for people who needs a minimal coverage and less problematic skin.
-The price is right, although it is $42 but considering my tube lasted for 7 months since you don't need a whole lot of product each use.
-Did not cause break out and black heads on my acne prone skin.
Cons:
-It is sheer, so if you think you can use this as a foundation substitute then be prepared to use a great concealer if you need to cover up problem areas.
-In winter, I felt that I tend to use more product to hydrate my skin. If you have a very dry skin then you might need additional moisturizer.
-Depending on the amount you need to use, this product can be considered expensive as a daily moisturizer (specially for drier skin).

Bottom line, I enjoyed using this. Very easy to use and the color is a perfect match but for now, I will not repurchase this. I will be trying out other products and hopefully find something more hydrating with more coverage. If everything else fails, I am positive I will get back in using this. I recommend using this to anyone, who wants a light coverage for everyday use and to a younger make up user, specially teens who might not need a lot of coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2014 2:09:00 AM More reviews by kimmurs

I have light-medium, yellow toned, combo skin. I got this in Alaska or Light 2, which unfortunately is too light for me now (works when I'm at my palest though). Evens out nicely while still be light as a TM should be, what I really like about this product is the finish! So natural and dewy, very soft and satin feel. Never broken me out, I do get shiny easily so I make sure to set this with a light dusting of powder. One thing is I found the scent a bit weird, not really bad but almost reminded me of lemon cleaner, maybe that's just me though. Also if you have dry skin I did notice it highlights dry areas not too nicely, I typically make sure to moisturise these areas very well before applying this and it helps a bit.