NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer

on 1/11/2015 7:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I love this. I bought it in Alaska, which is a great color for my pale neutral skin (I prefer warmer colors to cooler colors when given the choice). It moisturizes and I like that it has SPF 30. It does have kind of a light citrus scent, which some may not like. But for me it makes me feel like I am freshening my face and perking up, which kind of adds to the whole luxury of using this compared to other products. I will rebuy if when I run out I have the cash to. It is not a necessity but an enjoyably nice product for me.

on 1/1/2015 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I may have found my HG product for everyday, natural looking skin! This is wonderful on my normal/combo skin (dry between my eyebrows, oily on T-zone) and a pretty good shade match in Alaska, which is largely yellow toned. Stays for over 6 hours well on me, and the best thing is the coverage!! I am not too spotty thankfully, but do have quite red cheeks and nose and this is perfect, it is unreal! I wear it everyday now and it is so wonderful, not too dewy at all but just enough to make me look like I'm lit from within. Brilliant!

on 12/31/2014 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This tinted moisturizer performs almost like a lightweght foundation for me. Because it has quite a good coverage for a tinted moisturizer. It also smells really citrusy (a good point for me). It contains high spf (spf 30) meaning i dont need a separate sunscreen beforehand. Too bad that i cant get it in holland but it's worth going to paris for hahaha.

on 12/30/2014 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought a travel-size of this product at Sephora to pack in my carry-on bag -- I wouldn't have purchased it if my HG BalmShelter came in a travel size. I've used the product off and on for about 3 months now, and I like it enough. As noted on the Sephora website, the only colors in the travel size are Alaska and St. Moritz -- why?! (In retrospect, I should've asked for a sample size of Terre Neuve. Oh well.) Anyways, this TM is pretty nice. I feel like it's moisturizing enough on my normal skin that I don't have to apply as much moisturizer as usual, but it does get a bit oily on my T-zone later in the day -- nothing a blot or some powder won't take care of though. For coverage, this TM seems to be on the medium side: I noticed it lets a few freckles through, and also manages to neutralize any redness. I apply this product with my HG brush, Real Techniques Expert Face Brush (LOVE! Go get one!), and it applies very smoothly without balling up or streaking. Overall, I like this TM, but as I have a true holy grail in BalmShelter, I'm kind of undecided on trying it again...I might have to get a sample of Terre Neuve though. :) If you match Alaska (or St. Moritz), it'd be a nice way to try it out, and a good addition to your travel makeup bag!

on 12/28/2014 8:36:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is the tinted moisturizer that changed tinted moisturizers for me. I used to think all tinted moisturizers just made me look greasy and gave zero coverage. This one from Nars, however, is more like a light foundation. The coverage is very impressive and the finish is just radiant... Not greasy at all. It's amazing and beautiful. Nars is the best brand on th planet.

on 12/4/2014 2:15:00 AM

HG product! Nothing else makes my skin look so smooth and even and lit from within. I was wearing Alaska for a while but it was too yellow toned on my fair skin. I switched to Terre Neuve and it's a perfect match. I think it's well worth the $42. The tube is big and will last me at least a couple years. Love the spf 30 and the scent too. This is "no makeup" makeup. If your skin isn't too oily, give it a try. I can't really wear it in the summer because it gets too greasy, that's the only downside.

on 12/4/2014 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

In the scorching Australian summer, a full face of foundation feels suffocating. Luckily, i remembered that i bought this NARS tinted moisteriser from my last holiday and thank goodness i did.

Whereas NARS Sheer Matte disappointed me somewhat (I was the colour Punjab for reference), this product delivers. Having very oily skin, i thought this would slide off and become an awful mess 30 mins into the day but it surprisingly looks really good. As others have mentioned, it's a dewy/satin kind of finish that looks fresh and radiant on the skin as opposed to greasy. While it doesn't have oil controlling properties, it still looks great after blotting so i wouldn't rule this product out completely for my fellow oily-skinned gals.

It also doesn't accentuate any fine lines or my mega huge pores and blends easily with fingers (although i do use a primer underneath). The colour "Alaska" is a good match for my NC20-25 skin although since I'm at least a shade or two tanner from a holiday, i do have to swipe a bit of bronzer on for the perimeters of my face so it looks more seamless. Since it is a tinted moisteriser though (with SPF 30), it's a light-medium coverage which gives you leg room in terms of shade selection.

The packaging is the usual sleek NARS kind of look but this time, it's a tube so it's easy to get the product out with control (huzzah!).

All in all, it's a bit of a pricey product but it's worth the money in my opinion. Since i use about a pea sized amount for my entire face, I can see this lasting for a while :)

on 12/1/2014 8:42:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I really love this tinted moisturiser! I have tried so many and i keep favouring this one! It leaves my skin nice and dewy with a beautiful glow. I really do look and feel fresh and radiant when i wear this. I have it in St Moritz and Annapurna, i tend to use Annapurna more though (ref i am punjab in sheer glow and generally med - tan in everything else) I seem to be able to get both colours to work with my skin tone. I do love this and i will definitely repurchase when i run out. Ive been using this everyday for the last 5 months and there is still so much left in the tube, a little really goes a long way. Yes it has a steep price tag but what do you expect? It is NARS after all and they do live up to there name. In my opinion well worth the money!

on 12/1/2014 4:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Excellent! Foundation always looks cakey/powdery on my very pale skin, so I wanted a lighter coverage which felt natural. This goes on beautifully, evens out my skin tone and lasts at least six hours. As I'm a little oily on my t-zone, I do have to powder. I use the colour Finland.

on 11/18/2014 5:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I have dry, sensitive skin with rosacea. My HG BB is MAC's Prep and Prime in the tube (Light) but wanted to try this to compare. I'm NC15 and Finland was a good match. The texture and finish of the NARS is very similar to MAC but I find MAC's a bit creamier. This one has fragrance though luckily didn't irritate my sensitive skin. I prefer MAC's since it has no discernable scent and I generally avoid fragrance in skincare like the plague. Both toned down the redness from my rosacea but neither completely cover it.

Updated: my skin is less dry so I'm liking this more. It's glowy but not shiny, great finish. Looks almost like I'm not wearing anything, my skin just looks healthy. It's especially pretty when I use MAC's skunk brush, it looks airbrushed. Love it!

If you tried Laura Mercier's original Tinted Moisturizer and we're let down, try this one.