September 21, 2014 | 2118 users online

Powder - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Airbrushing Pressed Powder SPF 30

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2012 11:22:00 PM More reviews by chayaNY

I've deleted my original review which basically lamented the sad fact I did not look airbrushed after using this. I'm not naïve but I've been a PF for many years and hope springs eternal.

Bottom line is it doesn't work as a powder foundation for me. My skin is so dry if my face were rounder it could be called, "the dust bowl," so maybe I'm not a candidate for powder foundation at this point.

But it works really nicely as a setting powder. It does have enough creaminess for that and I love, love, love the spf 30! I wear sunscreen but I don't reapply to my face or neck/chest area as the day goes on and don't know anyone who wears makeup that does.

I've been using PF Healthy wear bronzer (orangey compact) on my neck chest area for the past 2 summers and will again for its high spf, so now having a touch up powder in the same vein is awesome.

It looks very pretty and non cakey OVER other makeup, again not on its own but that's fine with me. I'm going to crush some up for a small portable sifter container to keep in my purse and reapply for added sun protection as the day goes by. Been carrying the compact but its clunky.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2012 10:55:00 PM More reviews by Ivylim

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am on the fence with this product. I like how it has spf30 and the good coverage it gives me but the color is off. It only comes in translucent and beige. I read that translucent is too dark so I brought beige which was still 1-2 shades darker for my NC 20. Another factor that I do not like about this powder is that it has zero oil control. I noticed that after 2-3 hours I notice that my t zone gets oily. I been using this for about 2 months straight so I am sure it is this powder. I would recommend this for people with normal or dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2012 11:33:00 AM More reviews by VanessaCAT

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Let me start by saying, at first, I HATED this product! I bought translucent and thought it was wayyyyy too light, almost ghostly white. BUT I started wearing a darker color liquid light coverage foundation underneath (Fit Me) and the color was amazing. Now I'm in love with this powder, it makes my makeup stay all day and brightens my face! I think when it comes to foundation color you really have to mix and match to find your perfect shade. This powder offers great coverage on its on, but I personally can't wear it alone because the shade is just too light. I'm so happy I didn't throw this out!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2012 4:45:00 PM More reviews by DecoDolly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to love this. I love that it has SPF 30 (that's the reason I bought it), and it did make my skin look smoother and it covered quite well. Unfortunately, the so-called "Translucent" shade is WAY too dark for me. Not a little bit too dark. WAY too dark. Now I'm stuck lookin' crazy for the rest of the day.
If you have truly fair skin, sadly, this probably just isn't going to work for you. Don't be fooled by the name, translucent it is not!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2012 10:22:00 PM More reviews by samhoney

My staple powder. The effect is very luminous but not sparkly or glittery. Very beautiful!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2012 9:26:00 AM More reviews by kamiekirk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Pros:
-light to medium coverage
-flawless application
-good color match
-no shimmer, but not flat
-decent price
-doesn't cause break outs
-great for setting liquid foundation

Cons:
-packaging sucks

Overall, this is my #1 favorite powder. It has a light to medium coverage, which is what I'm looking for, and it's perfect for setting liquid foundation, as it doesn't cake up. The only problem I have with this product is that the packaging sucks. It breaks easy. However, the product is amazing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2012 3:50:00 PM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The first time i tried this i used the brush it came with & thought meh, its ok nothing special. My pores were still showing & some of my red areas were still showing. Figured i could use this as a finishing powder over my liquid. But today i used the ELF flat top brush out of curiousity & it looked so much better. It covered my red areas & my pores werent as noticable. Its a shame this powder is a little on the expensive side. But id buy it again since this is one of the few powders that don't give me hives or zits. I got this in translucent & its an ok match for me (NC15-20)
Ive used this more & im going to raise the rating, its actually pretty darn good when using that ELF brush & still no hives or zits!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2012 8:17:00 PM More reviews by jccmz

I have fair, NC20-25, sensitive, oily, breakout-prone Asian skin and I like this powder a lot. I started out a month ago with the shade Beige, which looked perfect when I put it on, but a few hours later, it had oxidized to a darker color. Please note that this is typical for me -- almost ALL foundations, concealers and powders oxidize on me so I just use lighter shades. For instance, I use Smashbox Studio Skin SPF 10 in shade 1.1, which after it oxidizes, looks perfect on my skin. I had to return the Beige and exchange it for Creamy Natural, and also picked up Translucent.

I like this product because it is creamy and goes on smoothly. It is not chalky/dry but it does not really hide pores/imperfections.It makes my skin appear matte and helps even out skin tone but I have very oily skin and I have to blot frequently (every 2 hours or so) while using this powder and reapply the powder each time.

--------Update ------- Since writing the above, I've been using several new and other compact powders and have decided I prefer the Revlon Nearly Naked powder and Rimmel's Stay Matte powder. They are both less heavy than this PF and apply to give a much nicer 'airbrushed' effect, hiding pores/imperfections and I need to blot less with them than the PF. I am beginning to doubt whether SPF in powders really work, to be honest, so I'm concentrating on getting SPF in primer or moisturizer under my foundation rather than powder.

I have changed my Overall Rating to 3 lippies (from 4 a year ago). I would probably not repurchase this product again.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2012 8:40:00 PM More reviews by Beautlfy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this. I don't know how Physicians formula did it - but it really does look airbrushed. I was looking into buying a 'Temptu' compressor and hop onto the airbrushed makeup band wagon, until I looked around the drugstore and saw this powder and decided to give it a try.
I use this powder over the "Sally Hansen Air Brushed Legs" - which is a leg makeup in a spray can, but i use it as a face foundation.
And when I set it with this powder - WOW. It looks like I went and spent over $200 dollars on real airbrushing equipment. I get so many compliments.
I saw a few people complain that this powder is sparkly, but I feel like a lot of powders get a bad rep from people who have oily skin. My skin is very dry and this powder has a "sheen" to it - i wouldn't call it glitter, just a sheen. Kinda like the NYX stay matte but not flat powder. Anyway, the sheen it has makes my dry skin look hydrated, nourished, and airbrushed. I wouldn't recommend it to people with oily skin. I will repurchase this, and I also love the packaging. It reminds me of the beach with its rich metallic blue compact, and the wavy, desert sand-like texture imprinted onto the powder itself. Very nice!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 10/10/2012 11:33:00 PM More reviews by kateybrooke

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this because the store was out of the regular mineral wear powder, and I needed something right then.

Words really can't express how much I hate this powder. It's cakey, and using "enough" to get the coverage I was used to with the regular powder makes me look pasty. The texture is just not good, and it doesn't look natural at all.

I used the powder while I waited for an amazon order (of the normal mineral wear powder) to come in. During that time, my (extremely sensitive, which is why I use PhysForm makeup to start with) skin became irritated, even more dry than usual, and red. Once my regular powder came in, I tossed this one. I'm never going back!