Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch - Ivory

3.8

Aqua/Water/Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Glycerin, Sorbitan I Sostearate, Propylene Glycol, Titanium Dioxide, Ozokerite, Phenoxyethanol, Magnesiumsulfate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoylglutamate, Methyl - Paraben, Acrylates Copolymer, Alumina, Butylparaben, Aluminum Hydroxide, Tocopherol, Silica, Chamomilarecutita Extract / Matricaria Flower Extract. May Containr: CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, Mica.

on 12/24/2012 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

I use this concealer in buff, it's quite light for my skin but I bought it that light on purpose because it works magnificently as an under-eye concealer. It brightens up under my eyes just enough, and keeps me from looking like a zombie. It blends really nicely with a makeup sponge, and probably with ones own fingers. The packaging is really nice and convenient, I quite like the twist cap idea with the product coming out the brush, and helps with precision in its application. It is long wearing and doesn't come off or gather in strange places throughout the day as other concealer have done in the past.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I use this concealer in ivory. I am pale with pink undertones, and have yet to try a different color because this one works great for an under eye concealer/highlighter. It does not get cakey or settle into lines, and it stays put. It is by far the best under-eye concealer I have tried, and I currently own one by MUFE, a MAC one, and a Clinique one, although I have tried others. My biggest complaint is that I am almost through my first one, and I have only had it a little over a month give or take. But, I do use it a lot and use a good amount of it. Because of this, I have even stocked up on these, mainly because I find Ivory is sold out somewhat frequently. For once I have found a product that I am not determined to find a better one; I am very happy with this concealer...and that truly surprised me because I really do stay away from drug store beauty products.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I don't usually repurchase concealers, because I've never really found one that I'm in love with, but this is an exception. I love this. The Ivory shade matches my nw15 skin perfectly. I usually use this strictly for under eyes, and it brightens there perfectly. It covers my dark circles, and it doesn't settle into my fine lines. I just love it. I would repurchase again and again.

on 12/3/2012 9:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I like this as a highlighter. I don't really have a blemish problem (except for the occasionally hormonal zit), and I also do not have any darkness under my eyes. I bought this as a way to get that Kim Kardashian look, where she highlights under her eyes and certain areas of her face to look sculpted and bright. And I think this product does a decent job of that. I am using Buff right now (I am about an NC25), and I think I could stand to go a shade lighter, but overall I like it. Like everyone has said, the pen applicator is kind of annoying, but after each use I just wipe it down with a make up remover wipe so it does not gunk up on me and get crusty. I use a concealer brush to buff it out. I put it under my eyes, around my eyebrows, down the bridge of my nose, and on my cupid's bow. I set it with Laura Mercier's Secret Brightening powder (under eyes only). I do not think it would work well for actual pimples, as it's probably a little too thin for that! The packaging could be a little more elegant; it looks kind of jenky and cheap as is. Overall, it's a pretty good product and would re-purchase.

on 11/21/2012 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

PROS: very good highlighter!!! it even works for under-eyes!! blends very well:)

CONS: bad packaging, messy. not good for covering breakouts.

TIPS: use your fingers to apply, gently.

on 11/8/2012 3:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really like this product. The twist applictor is awesome and easy to use. It hides my problem areas around my nose and forhead. I do use a different product for concealing redness or acne spots. This works awesome for contouring around the center of the face. A great highlighter and makes me look fresh. It last all day on me (dry skin) and blends really nice. The ivory color matches me well and I would propably no doubt re buy this.

I'm not sure if I got this in the right colour, but alas it still isn't as amazing as reviewed. It works well for highlighting my cheeks but is NOT good for under eyes. It creases under my eyes and the staying power is not great. There is no reason why this should crease under the eyes when it is an under eye concealer (not to mention I have no wrinkles and am under 20).... I have used it on some spots and it didn't have very good staying power, but I haven't tried setting it with a power. I don't think it will make a difference. The click tube is not only unsanitary but annoying. I'll click it a couple times and nothing will come out, then I will click it a couple more times. Then 2 minutes later while applying a whole bunch of product just spurts out. This is not only wasteful but so frustrating because I'm not getting any bang for my buck.

on 10/20/2012 8:25:00 PM

This is a concealer that offers highlightling benefits. I just purchased this about a week ago and I do like it. The "highlight" purpose is NOT just junky, cheap sparkles. It actually has light reflecting properties that work great and when I say that, no this does not have shimmer in it either. This also doesn't make you look oily either which I think is great. Staying power is not great. Tends to wear off in about 2 hours.The concealer property in this tends to work very well, very concealing but not the best but for drugstore, one of the best, if that makes sense.The price is great for the volume of product. The one thing I dont like is the packaging, the applicator pretty much just screams germy, bacterial disaster. I could attempt to wash but I don't know if I will try in case it might damage the product.

on 10/20/2012 3:47:00 PM

This gets a five for color match, durability, and finish. Ivory matches my fair (nc15-nw20) skin very well, and once blended, this absolutely lasts all day on me. I set with a little HD silica powder, but I am not even sure that's necessary. The finish is slightly dry, so it works very well on my oilyish eye area. It's fairly sheer, but the coverage is slightly buildable. Those are all the things I do like, and it's very difficult for me to find a concealer that satisfies my pickiness in these areas. The things I wish were different: I wish it had SPF; I'm very diligent about applying foundation with SPF and sunscreen underneath, but I have yet to find a sunscreen that I can apply right up close to my eyelids without irritation, so I'd like my concealer to provide some sun protection. Also, I hate the pen-style applicator and as others have mentioned, it's only half-full. I'd much prefer a little squeeze tube or something more hygenic than a built-in brush.

on 10/16/2012 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

This highlighting concealer makes me look SO AWAKE when I'm reallly running on 3 hours of sleep! I love it! It didnt crease and it didnt wear off either. I'm done buying high end concealer for everyday use. I'm set with this lil baby!