November 24, 2014 | 1613 users online

Body Scrubs - Brown Sugar Scrub

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2008 5:03:00 PM More reviews by cedarchristie

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I would not have thought of this if I hadn't read all the favourable reviews on plain old sugar scrubs. I had laser work done around my eyes and mouth years ago and it left my skin very slightly paler than the rest of my pale face. I have skin that freckles easily and some red around my nose area. In other words, uneven skin color. My skin is also sensitive but has never been acne prone.

I have tried every exfoliator known to woman, with varying degrees of success, to even out skin tone and it takes a lot for a product to really, really WOW me. But here's what did the trick at last:

Adding a small amount of ordinary brown sugar (I use it in my coffee instead of white sugar so always have it on hand) to Pond's cold cream with a spritz of pure water, mixing in the palm of my hand and gently rubbing over my face. In less than a week ALL of my facial skin was the same shade and the red around my nose is less noticeable and I use just a small bit of concealer. My skin is soft and luminous. This is like a miracle!

I would like to add that I have used Pond's cold cream for years to remove makeup. Cold cream is the best for going down deep and unclogging all the dirt in pores and lifting off makeup. However, and this is vital in my opinion, You have to cleanse your face with usual cleanser and water afterwards. COLD CREAM RESIDUE SHOULD NOT BE LEFT ON THE FACE (she screamed). I use unscented baby wipes with Aloe and warm water.

Thanks to all of you who put me on to this treatment - just wish I had all the dough back that I spent on expensive scrubs over the years!

16 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/5/2008 7:34:00 PM More reviews by mklimt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Pros: Great smell, not too rough for my skin and didn't leave any residue behind. Cons: makes me break out every single time I use it. This isn't for me, too bad.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2003 4:10:00 PM More reviews by Sprite78

Great scrub!! It smells heavenly and leaves my skin super soft. Since it's made with sugar,not salt it doesn't sting my skin after shaving. It's cheap too.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/19/2002 2:57:00 AM More reviews by glassofwater

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Left me with the deep-fried feeling. Can't do this again. Great smell, though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2002 10:25:00 PM More reviews by classygirl

Smells just like brown sugar! I love the scent, but the scrub is a little too harsh on me. I won't be able to use this everyday, but I still really love it. Very inexpensive too!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2002 4:45:00 PM More reviews by JGardella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This smells very good! It does a great job and leaves my skin silky smooth, soft, and hydrated. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2002 12:16:00 PM More reviews by porkypine

This is a GREAT inexpensive alternative to the incredibly expensive Fresh Brown Sugar Body Scrub. It is only $9.99 for the full-size jelly jar at Target! Big sugar crystals smell absolutely wonderful and exfoliate thoroughly, with just a hint of softness after rinsing. (I personally hate the greasy feeling some scrubs leave behind.) But the best part is the heavenly pure sugar scent - a 10 out of 10!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2002 7:15:00 PM More reviews by nLkky

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have the orange vanilla sugar scrub and it smells delicious leaves my skin feeling smooth and nicely scented.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2002 1:32:00 PM More reviews by LaurenWilson

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Have this in Clean Escape, the green tea scent. It is fabulous. I love to use it on my elbows and feet. Very moisturizing!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2001 11:29:00 PM More reviews by ChaiBliss

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This scrub is absolutely fabulous. The granules are not too harsh or abrasive for my sensitive skin, the scent is completely intoxicating, the oils feel like butter once they melt into your skin and the scent really lingers. I have this in orange vanilla and green tea, and both are just amazing. The citrus one smells great, too. I actually look forward to showering because of this stuff! Exfoliates, moisturizes and adds fragrance.