Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation

3.6

WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, GLYCERIN, TALC, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, DIMETHICONE, CRAMBE ABYSSINICA SEED OIL, BIOSACCHARIDE GUM-1, DIMETHICONE PEG-10/15 CROSSPOLYMER, MICA, VINYL DIMETHICONE/ METHICONE SILSESQUIOXANE CROSSPOLYMER, LAURYL PEG-9 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, LECITHIN, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM PCA, DIMETHICONOL, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, FRAGRANCE, UREA, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, POTASSIUM SORBATE, POLYQUATERNIUM-51, SODIUM HYALURONATE, TREHALOSE, GLYCERYL POLYMETHACRYLATE, DISODIUM EDTA, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-8, HEXYL CINNAMAL, DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL, LIMONENE, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, TOCOPHEROL, TRIACETIN, BENZYL SALICYLATE, LINALOOL, BHT, GERANIOL, ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE, CITRONELLOL, BENZOIC ACID, SODIUM LACTATE, PALMITOYL OLIGOPEPTIDE, [May Contain/Peut Contenir/+/-:IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)].

on 11/7/2014 11:56:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This foundation regardless of price point is an excellent purchase. I've tried this foundation a few times before but recently fell right back in love with it. The most recent bottle I purchased was $10.59 CAD (on sale, regular price $12.99) which is amazing given that drugstore foundation in Canada usually runs within the $15-$22 dollar price range. The foundation does not come in many shades unfortunately and therefore does not accommodate skin that is very dark or very pale (ie, my skin in winter) which is the biggest downside. The foundation provides medium coverage on my skin which has a bit of redness and a few spots and is able to cover up all of the redness and most of the acne with little help from concealer. Since the foundation is called "Wake Me Up" it is intended to give a very radiant effect which it does beautifully. The foundation contains shimmer but it is incredibly subtle and will not appear when you have the makeup on (ie, under no circumstances will you look like a disco ball). The foundation itself seems to have a satin finish and the shimmer adds the luminosity which gives the effect of having mixed a bit of highlighter into a regular foundation. Unlike most 'glowy' foundations, this one is luminous, NOT dewy. Dewy foundations give the face a wet look in my opinion whereas this just looks like well, you got a really good nights sleep! For the most part my skin is normal but it does have quite a few dry patches and this foundation does not accentuate them which is essential. I can cover up acne if needed but there is just no way to make the majority of foundations sit nicely on dry patches and this would be one that does. I apply this foundation after toning and moisturizing my skin in the morning with my Real Techniques buffing face brush and I use downward strokes until it is completely blended which doesn't take long. The foundation does something that not a lot do which is that it blurs imperfections which I think may be a result of the shimmer. On my skin without powder and primer, this foundation lasts about 10 hours provided that I blot my skin every 3-4 hours to remove excess oil from melting my makeup off and my blush is still there at the end of it all. One of my favourite foundations of all time is the Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation and this Rimmel one seems to be winning my affection at the moment! A potential downside of this foundation may be that it is scented which isn't very helpful for those with sensitive skin and if you're one of those people, the Silk Creme Foundation though quite expensive will probably accommodate you much better in that department. All in all, I love this foundation to death. If someone threw this foundation in a YSL bottle and gave it to me, I would have no trouble believing that it was a high end product. Regardless of whether or not it is in your budget to buy luxury brand makeup, if you're looking for a foundation that provides your skin with a natural but flawless and luminous effect, you have to try this!

on 11/5/2014 8:54:00 PM

This is my go-to foundation for everyday wear when I want medium coverage. I apply one pump with my hands all over my face, as I love the finish you can get by simply using your hands to apply a product! I will generally apply two layers (one pump each time) unless I'm having a particularly good skin day, which is rare.

The foundation has a nice, slightly dewy finish that I would love to be able to keep for the day, but due to the oiliness of my T-zone, I always powder my face after applying foundation. The foundation is reasonably long-lasting (fine for a 6-hour day) and would look great on drier skin without a powder.

The consistency is thicker than I usually like (as I usually apply foundation with my hands I like it to have a thinner consistency merely for ease of application) yet it doesn't actually make application difficult and the product is very easy to blend and does not dry/sink in too fast on my skin.

In some bright lights the sparkles that the foundation contains (in order to 'wake you up') are very visible, yet are generally unseen and I haven't found them to be a problem.

The bottle is a nice shape and comes with a pump here in Australia, which is always great! As I generally only buy any product on sale I think I picked this one up for around $12 at Priceline, which seems like great value for such an impressive product.

The foundation lasts all day (set with powder) and the shade is a really great match for my skin. I have it in shade 200 Soft Beige.

Overall, a great product that is definitely worth a try, particularly in warmer months as it can add a lovely dewy look that is perfect for Spring/Summer.

My other review cut off so here's the full one! By far my favourite foundation I have purchased from the drugstore due to Youtubers raving about it. It was £8.99 (superdrug) and to me that is a little pricey but you get your money's worth. The packaging is brilliant because it makes it look more expensive than it actually is. The glass bottle is sophisticated, and the orange colour makes me feel awake and alive! The slight dip of the bottle gives off a feminine edge and the pump is fantastic so your don't waste product. I also love that the side of the bottle has 'Rimmel London' moulded into the glass and the smell is AMAZING!!! (If that's something you look for in a foundation.) The product itself does what it says on the tin due to the anti-fatigue effect and the radiant glow and the vitamin moisturising complex (back and front of bottle) which gives my skin the boost it needs in the morning. The coverage is light-medium and is not cakey at all and also stays on my skin very silky smooth but does feel slightly sticky before being powdered over. The foundation stays put about 4-6 hours. It has a slight shimmer to it from the outside but it does not transfer to the skin. Overall brilliant❤!!!!

on 10/24/2014 5:45:00 PM

I never got to like this foundation, I ended up giving it away.
I got it in a darker than usual shade hoping to wear it in the summer, when I got some tan.
It did not work:
- it feels sticky on the face
- looks too done up for a daily make up - especially in the summer
I don't like the effect it gives on my face, I prefer lighter coverage (or at least less obvious).
I tried vsrious ways of applying it - fingers, foundation brushes, stippiling brush and even a damp make up sponge - still - I did not like it.

on 10/20/2014 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This foundation has such mixed reviews, but I can honestly say after trying every drugstore & high end foundation, this has become my holy grail. I always end up coming back to it. I have combination skin, that can be very oily & dry all at once. Not to mention I often look sallow. This evens out my skin tone while not being too heavy & it brightens my complexion all at once.

on 10/20/2014 3:40:00 AM

I really like this foundation. I bought it after hearing good reviews from a few different YouTubers. I accidentally bought 1 shade too dark but it blends really well and you can't even tell once I'm all made up. You can see some sparkle through the bottle but it doesn't translate into your face. It has a really natural, medium coverage which I wear on weekends/special occasions. The glass bottle and pump are really good and make the product seem more expensive than it is.

on 10/11/2014 10:59:00 AM

One of my faves foundation for drug store! Makes my skin looks dewy and buildable coverage without me looking cakey... But it doesn't last very long probably 4/6h Max on a hot day. Doesn't cause my skin to break out and I love the smoothness of it! Still have yet to find the perfect foundation but this is one of my contenders xx

on 9/22/2014 12:06:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is a fairly good foundation. Bear in mind it's only about 9 from Boots/Superdrug, so from the beginning I didn't expect a miracle worker. However, a lot of vlogger's rave about this, and I needed a new foundation, so I decided to give it a go. I like the packaging, maybe not a bright orange, but the glass bottle and the pump are very good. It feels fairly nice on the skin, a little sticky, but still good. I'd say it's medium to light coverage. What I didn't realise is that this is a product mainly for those with dry/normal skin, and since I have an oily t-zone, it did make me shine after a few hours, but most things do to be honest. I do still like it though, I have it in 010 Porecelain, which is too light for me, but once I put concealer/powder on, it darkens down to a close, but not perfect, match to my skin tone. I do like it, but I feel next time I should purchase a more matte foundation.

on 9/22/2014 2:34:00 AM

When I saw this at the store, I had to get it - Not only was the price decent, but I couldn't find it in the twenty something stores I'd looked in before.
I'd seen this in a blogger's video, and I didn't really want to try it - Too much bad experience I suppose. After plenty of looking, I'd resigned myself to my fate of having to go out with my cheeks bright red and my undereyes looking awful! I figured why not.
I bought this about three weeks ago and can't leave the house without it. Even when I'm not wearing makeup, I'll put it on just to give me the 'fresh' look.

My face is this mix of bright red all over my cheeks, yellow-y bruises under my eyes and my normal paleness which means most foundations wash me out... Not this one.

The coverage is amazing, sure after like ten hours you may have to touch up but what foundation can last that long? I was a bit iffy after I saw the tiny bits of glitter it left on my hand and neck, but it did make my face look like I'd had a good twelve hour sleep so I figured it would be fine.

Downsides are that one, it does have a small smell to it - Not a bad one per say, but a bit of a 2000's make up smell is the best I can describe. Two, I have noticed it does leave a bit of an itch on my neck - Possibly due to sensitive skin... But that's about it.

To me it's worth it, my lucky break so to speak. I ADORE this foundation, and it will be my new staple - I've totally got to try out the concealer next though ;)

I use the shade 100 Ivory which is the palest that I can buy here in the Czech Republic. I really don't think that is should be the palest - my skin is pale, but not that much. I use it in the wintertime, it has dewy finish and pinky undertone. The smell is amazing, it lasts for a couple of hours but you really need to fix it and use a primer if you want it to last for a longer time. And it has glitter in it, which might be a problem for someone - but it works for me.