October 21, 2014 | 1197 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - ColorBurst Lip Butter - Tutti Frutti

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2012 11:19:00 AM More reviews by Breve

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Well this was kind of a dissappointment. I thought this would be a dupe to Mac's Vegas Volt, but the color's slightly different, and the finish is not as good as VV.
Here's a breakdown of the pluses and negatives:

The color is creamy and easy to apply out of the tube- not messy. +1.

However getting the cap off is another matter entirely. Why did they make the cap so difficult to remove??! It's very annoying. - 2.

It is a beautiful color- a neutral orangey red, with not very much red. +2
However, the smooth texture makes the color not show up very much on your lips. The formula almost too creamy, so that the color goes on very sheer and you can see your own lip color through the lipstick, even after going over several times. This may be less of a problem for girls with pale lips.. -2.

Formula is drying. After wearing for just an hour or so, I can feel my lips have become very dry underneath the lipstick.
Also, when applying it, even after exfoliating and moisturizing, the lipstick tends to stick in your lip crevices and at the corners of your mouth.-2.

All in all, this lipstick is a dud for me, because of it's drying formula and sheer factor. Sad, because it's such a pretty color and a nice, smooth texture.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2012 5:18:00 AM More reviews by ShineeBee

The moment I saw this colour I knew I wanted to try it. And just as I thought, out of all the lip sticks and butters I brought with that purchase, this have to be my favourite. In terms of lasting power, this product really lacks. But because I have really dry lips, this product work like really well. It is quiet pigmented yet your could shire it out to suit your liking. The colours compliment me well and doesn't dry out my lips. I would give it a 5 if it lasts, but even so, I would purchase this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2012 3:59:00 PM More reviews by Ehrial

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I keep trying to decide how much I like this colour. And honestly against my skin tone it looks great (coral-orange) applied with a very light hand. I think this colour can end up looking horrid on un-exfoliated lips. At the same time it's very moisturizing but, doesn't last as long as I'd like. It's also not as opaque as a lipstick. However, I'd still re-apply because I love the colour! It's great for summer but can easily be worn as an everyday colour as well with a pop of coloured eyeliner.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/20/2012 10:49:00 PM More reviews by trinkket

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really don't get all the love for this product. I didn't care for any of the colors. Overpriced and overhyped, IMHO.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2012 10:40:00 PM More reviews by firsttherewaschaos

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been looking to buy this for a few months now, but kept forgetting to pick it up every time I went to the store. I finally bought it at CVS today, and was really happy that I did c: It was super moisturizing on my lips, felt more like chapstick than lipstick of any sort (I'm not a big lip person), the color payoff was sheer at first but SUPER buildable, and it lasted through dinner and two hours of wear before fading. My only complaints would have to be the packaging-- when I first bought it, I was a little wary of the utter vibrant ORANGE of the packaging. It was a little scary and I, as a super pale girl, was wary that the color may be brighter and more orange than coral like I anticipated. But when I applied it, I don't know if it was because of my lip color or what, but it did appear the most GORGEOUS shade of coral that looked vibrant but perfectly wearable on my lips, far pinker than it appeared in the packaging.
So, all in all, I really like this product, and I'll most likely buy it again when this tube runs out. c':

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2012 11:30:00 PM More reviews by Mashenka11

Love it... the color is a orangey-red, buildable coverage. Like, if you put lip balm on your lips, then a little of this stuff, you'll get a light coral on your lips. But if you swipe it several times, you'll get a very pigmented, very lipstick-like reddish-orange. It looks nice on my lips, makes them looks all cushion-y and pillow-y. :) I used to be afraid of venturing outside of light pink, but I can see how this color really brightens up my whole face !

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2012 10:41:00 PM More reviews by SpillingInk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The only problem I have with the packaging is that it smears the lip butter on the edges. Other than that it is lovely, you can put it on lightly for a sheer bit of colour or build it up and get a more vibrant look.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2012 10:11:00 PM More reviews by sweetiesweetie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Not as orange as I thought it would be. Definitely blends with my lips to turn into a pink (an orangey pink, yes.) I like it a lot c: there's no SPF so I recommend buying a blistex or something to wear under it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2012 10:15:00 PM More reviews by Shanplum

I don't get all the comments about this looking clownish or overly orange, I am super fair, fairest of the fair with warm undertones and this is the most beautiful coral peach on me very sheer and wearable like all shades in the colorburst line. A super summer colour wears great by itself or over a liner for a more sophisticated toned down look. Pair this with the Maybelline bouncy blush in coral candy - WOW!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2012 1:57:00 PM More reviews by MaryMarvel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this colour so much! Orange colours look good on my lips. It's certainly the perfect colour for summer. Though, I know I'll be using this in winter aswell. The texture is less balmy than other Revlon lipbutters and it doesn't melt away easily. (That happened to me with other colours.) I already stocked a second tube for myself.