Suave Professionals Keratin Infusion Dry Shampoo

3.3

Price: $

Price: $

Isobutane, Propane, SD Alcohol 40 B, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Butane, Fragrance, Isopropyl Myristate, Silica, Cyclopentasiloxane, Hydrolyzed Keratin

on 3/7/2013 6:46:00 PM

Absolutely awful. The smell is so overpowering I feel like I smell like I sprayed myself with room deodorizer. The smell stays with me all day and it did not improve my hair one bit.

Good solid product for the price, but not my HG. I have dark brown hair and if I spray too much product i see a very light grayish powdery haze. I have learned to spray this product lightly and get good results without the haze. It certainly does the trick if I am trying to just squeeze out another day of not washing my hair. It also is really effective for the hairline oiliness that I get in the morning. I have used other products that are better but they come with a heavy price tag. To me, I am leaning toward continuing with Suave's product verses dropping the coin on other more expensive products since the difference in performance is not enough to make me feel like i just "have-to" have the salon version.

on 2/20/2013 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I didn't have very good luck with this. It didn't absorb oil as well as the other dry shampoo from the Suave Professionals line. That being said, I'd use it if it was the only DS around.

on 2/5/2013 11:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I really like this product. It doesn't have an awful or offensive scent. It brushes out well and doesn't leave residue on my brushes. It does a decent job of voluminous too. Doesn't make my hair feel really gunky either. It just makes my hair look clean. Price doesn't hurt either.

on 2/1/2013 10:33:00 AM

I tried this this morning as I ran out the door and...underwhelmed. At least it's cheap though. It did help a TINY bit, but the smell is awful, the packaging is hideous (to me) and I sprayed a pretty liberal amount, so I expected better results than what I got. Won't repurchase.

on 1/26/2013 10:24:00 AM

I've tried a few dry shampoos from Sally's and Suave's other one & this is the one I will buy again likely. It works just as well as the other ones and it's only a few dollars and easily accessible at any drugstore. A lot of reviews complain about the smell but I like it. Plus it's dissipates so quickly that it's not really an issue anyway. I think it smells much better than Suave's original formula anyway. I like the smell of Ion's & Batiste but I have to make a special trip to Sally's to purchase. I can pick this up grocery shopping.

I can see where this might leave a white cast or make hair feel dry but I think this is if you use too much. I use a quick spray on my very light blonde hair (it's dyed with 10V and naturally an 8N) and it's perfect. Now if I'm going for a tousled ponytail look, I use more & it does help blend in my roots with the white powder. I think I'll probably stick with this brand in the future. continued >>

on 1/9/2013 1:19:00 PM

Ugh. It made my hair oilier! Not a good product at ALL. And it smells awful.

on 1/7/2013 2:55:00 AM

This barely worked on my hair, but my hair is very thick. It would take a lot of time to work this in under all my layers and see a difference. The smell is what was really a turn off though. If they could make a prettier scent then I would have been more generous with the points. I won't repurchase.

UPDATE: It's important to realize Suave makes 2 dry shampoos. I can't vouch for the performance of their other dry shampoo but I did spray a little at the store today and it smells MUCH better than this Keratin one. Like I said, I don't know how well works but it's worth checking out because of the light clean scent. Hope that helps!!
Another one I have not tried (but I hope to) is the dry shampoo by KMS, called Makeover spray (or something like that). It performs well and smells nice, at least that's the rumor. Thanks for reading!

on 12/11/2012 3:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Since I dyed my hair bright red, I have to wash my hair less often to maintain the color, so I wanted a dry shampoo to absorb the oil in my hair before I had to wash it again. I picked this up at Target for a couple of dollars since the reviews on MUA weren't too bad but I don't really like the product. The smell is okay, I don't really like it but I could deal with it if the product was good. However, it does leave a white cast on my hair (that's easily rubbed out so that's not a problem), but it doesn't do a great job at absorbing oil. The worst part is that I can feel the product in my hair, so my hair feels dirtier after awhile and the oil comes back pretty quickly. I didn't experience any leaking issues so that was a good thing, but I think I'll look for a different dry shampoo.

on 12/1/2012 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Really good dry shampoo for the price. Doesn't leave any white cast in my hair and my hair is black. I hate the smell, but that fades so it isn't a problem. My bottle didn't leak like others' have, and it seems to be lasting a while.