Almay Smart Shade Perfect & Correct Primer

2.3

Water, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, Dimethicone, Isopropyl N-Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Niacinamide, Panthenol, Tocopherol Acetate, Sea Salt, Montmorillonite, Squalane, Silica, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Behenyl Alcohol, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Polymethyl Methacrylate, PEG-100 Stearate, Dimethiconol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Polyacrylamide, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Laureth-7, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Carbomer, Sodium Hydroxide, Glyceryl Acrylate/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Calcium Aluminium Borosilicate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silica, Butylene Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Ethylhexylglycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77007/Ultramarines, CI 42090/Blue 1, CI 19140/Yellow 5, CI 77288/Chromium Oxide Greens

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Ok ladies, this is probably the worst primer out there. 1) It smells absolutely awful. 2) It made my skin feel and look oily. 3) It for some reason brought out the redness in my skin instead of concealing it. Even when I put the foundation over top it still felt sticky. So I will never buy this product again!

on 1/31/2013 7:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

absolutely horrible. it does nothing for oil, colour correcting, or staying power. it smells like urine, as another post below says. total waste of money. i will put it on, and it does nothing for the smooth application for my foundation or anything. the only thing it has going for it is the packaging.

on 1/25/2013 7:31:00 PM

meh, 2 thumbs down. didnt bring out the oil in my t-zone,
it had an dewy feel, not satiny like smashbox,
the concept was great,
but the SMELL, dear lord, worst product smells on earth,
it literally smelled like rotten eggs, so not cool.

on 1/18/2013 9:03:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I just want to start off by saying that I don't use Almay products so when I purchased this primer I really didn't know what to expect, Im a sucker for any "swirl" looking products in general LoL.
Im really surprised at the many negative reviews because I think this primer lives up to my expectations. I must agree it's a very light primer and so in very humid/hot weather conditions it won't deliver.
I also don't think this primer is suitable for oily skins, I happen to have drier skin so it's fine for me. I wouldn't use this primer if I were looking for like an 16hr lasting effect I would reach out for my Smashbox primer in that case.
As far as any tone correction, I didn't notice much but it does have a slight luminizing effect which I also like. (hate a matte look)
I use this mainly with my Olay Tone Correcting Tinted Moisturizer for a no makeup day. Overall Im very pleased with this primer because it's not heavy or silicone like, non irritating and does not clog my pores.

on 1/17/2013 12:11:00 PM

This is definitely a gimmicky product. The colour swirls do nothing to correct or conceal...My redness was still there...I have combination skin and this product, although it's moisturizing, after a bit my face gets really oily...This definitely is not good on my skin as a primer. I only suggest this product if you feel your skin is really dry and wanted to moisturize it, this actually leaves a nice soothing feeling. However, the product does not work as it claims and I would definitely not repurchase this...

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Total waste of money. It does absolutely NOTHING. I have never really enjoyed Almay makeup but I went in on a whim and bought this product hoping that it would replace my Hard Candy primer. Big mistake. The price is super expensive for drugstore makeup coming in at almost $18 CAD. I do like the pump, but other than that everything else is just blah. It does not "perfect" nor "correct" in any way... just leaves a sticky film over my face. It sucks as a primer, my makeup smears off within a solid 4-5 hours. Glad it didn't break my skin out at least. I don't recommend and will not repurchase.

on 1/13/2013 1:07:00 AM

Smells like urine!!!! That's a terrible scent for any where, but especially your face!!

I haven't tried many primers, but I really didn't notice much difference after using this. My skin looks a little nicer (there's a nice glow), but I had to apply a lot of product before I even noticed any difference at all. It didn't do much of anything for redness, in fact, it probably caused more redness because it made my face sting a little. I'm scared to put this stuff on my eyelids.

I imagine there are much better primers out there.

on 12/22/2012 6:40:00 AM

I went to Walgreens today and the Cosmetics lady was helping me find this primer and it just happened to be an open bottle so she put it on my hand and it's weird it came out green purple and I rub it in and instantly I compared it to my other hand the redness was gone there was kind of this soft glow left on my skin & to me it smells like vanilla so I absolutely love it . I am going to be wearing it under my Mac studio tech Foundation And over yes to blueberries moisturizer but just by having on my hand I could tell the difference instantly and what it says it does it really does and you only need a tiny bit and the price and I got it for was 11 dollars and that's worth it for me I will definitely repurchase.

on 12/10/2012 1:54:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I really like this product!
I just recently switched to this as my every day primer and have really enjoyed it so far. After washing my face I applied it and found it moisturized my face, balanced out any redness and added a subtle glow. I really like how its not heavy on your skin but still manages to really moisturize your face! Will definitely be repurchasing this :)

on 12/3/2012 1:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm kind of surprised with all the negative feedback! I bought this primer because I wanted to try something new, wanted a cheaper primer to put in my bb cream, the packaging was pretty cute, and my boyfriend wanted to see how it looked when it came out. hahaha. I initially tried it out by itself to see how it would react with my skin. It came on pretty smooth and slightly satiny. I didn't really need anything concealed so I'm not really sure how it does with redness to be honest. But my makeup lasted pretty well and I use Urban Decay's Naked Foundation.

However, for all the girls that didn't like the smell and such, I would recommend putting it in DIY BB creams. I just mix my moisturizer with a darker shade of liquid foundation, a few squirts of primer, setting spray, facial sunscreen, and a tad of liquid highlighter. (stuff I already have, with the exception of not wanting to use my high-end primer for my BB cream). works pretty well!