Clinique Naturally Gentle Eye Makeup Remover

3.8

Ingredients: Water , Hydrogenated Polyisobutene , Butylene Glycol , Sesamum Indicum (sesame) Seed Oil , Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Vp Copolymer , Sucrose , Hypnea Musciformis (algae) Extract , Gellidiela Acerosa (algae) Extract , Arginine , Dextran , Acrylates C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer , Peg-8 Dilaurate , Sodium Chloride , Disodium Phosphate , Disodium Edta , Phenoxyethanol , Chlorphenesin

on 1/24/2005 12:22:00 PM

This product made my lashes fall out badly. I already have weak lashes and this cream is soooo thick that it has to be rubbed into the lashes in order to spread it over the eye area. Rubbing the cream caused my lashes to fall out. I wont buy this again. I need a thinner eye makeup remover that can be applied lightly and does not have to be rubbed in. Maybe someone with stronger lashes could use this. but, this cream has to be rubbed onto the lashes and that pressure is not for me. My lashes dont need the rubbing/tugging. I will go back to nivea which is thin and glides over the lashes easily without rubbing the lashes off.

on 1/6/2005 3:18:00 AM

Don't let the "naturally gentle" in the name fool you -- this stuff works very effectively on all kinds of makeup -- eye or face. It's a nice, gentle creamy lotion. I don't detect any kind of scent. The little sizes that Clinique gives in their GWP lasts me several months, so obviously the full size lasts about half a year. A great value!

on 10/24/2004 4:45:00 PM

Love. One product that truly is as gentle to eyes as pure water. And I'm a contact lens wearer. The best.

I love this eye make up remover. it doesnt sting my eyes, and it is very gentle for my eyes. Quite pricey but will purchase this product again.

on 8/29/2004 9:41:00 PM

Not the best, but not the worst either. Just finished my whole size tube of this so I thought it's time to write my review. My eyes are pretty sensitive and would get allergies if I use anything too strong or too fragrant. So I thought I would give this a try, and there are two things that I like about this - packaging, since it's in a tube it has less of a chance to get bad stuff inside, and that it's in a cream form. Other than that, there are a lot of things that needs to be improved. It does remove eye make-up, but not all. I usually just use mascara, and have recently been using normal formulas but while I was using waterproof mascaras, it was such a pain to remove it with this. It would leave dark smudges under my eyes and I would need to go over the smudges, thus tugging the delicate skin around my eyes. Also, when it gets to my eyes, it stings a bit, so I'm not sure where the "gentle" part of this m/u remover comes into play. I will continue my search for an effective eye makeup remover, and I guess I'm just glad that I finished this tube, and can now move on to better products.

on 8/8/2004 9:03:00 AM

I almost bought this product but luckily was able to get a free sample to try out.

This is a bad product. It doesn't do the job, I have to use L'oreal to remove rest of the mascara/eyeliner/shadow even and it is not gentle. It burns my eyes, something I find unacceptable at Clinique's prices and at that result.
I would try out something Take the day off or Rinse-Off instead.

on 7/6/2004 7:40:00 PM

i guess i'm just not used to cream eye makeup removers...or maybe i'm using it wrong?!?...but i still have some mascara and e/l left after i used this...i like clinique's take the day off m/u remover a lot more...

on 6/10/2004 4:13:00 PM

Got this in gwp size. Since when did "gentle" mean that your eyes would burn until you started crying? I hated this. I will stick to Lancome Bi-Facils which is non-stinging and cleans the makeup off much better.

on 2/5/2004 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Just wearing eye makeup already puts me uncomfortable, since I have terribly sensitive eyes ... Not to mention the icky and tingy feels that eye makeup remover liquid or cream often add to the existing misery. But this one is pretty nice and gentle to my eyes. The power quality is so-so, I mean I'm still wondering if there's a powerful eye makeup remover that can eliminates those colors and glitters away in one single swipe ... ha ha ... The price is a bit steep for an eye makeup remover, but the bottle is quite large and for that it lasts quite awhile. In terms of power, I like Shiseido better. But in overall, most of all in terms of quantity and price, this one is nice. I'll repurchase after mine runs out.

on 1/18/2004 7:55:00 PM

I tried some of my roommate's when I ran out of my beloved Take Off The Day remover (also by Clinique). At first I was a bit skeptical that the cream formula would do as good a job removing my tough waterproof eyeliner and mascara, but was pleasantly surprised that it did as good of a job as TOTD, but with less grease. I went and got my own tube, and I ♥ it...highly recommended!