November 24, 2014 | 1115 users online

Mascara - Borghese - Superiore State-Of-The-Art Mascara

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2004 7:44:00 AM More reviews by irishgirl71

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have tried almost every single mascara on the market and what sets Borghese's apart from the rest..IS the packaging. The silver/gold case really does make you feel like a princess when applying it. However, I can honestly say that I did not find anything unique about the brush or formula. The brush closely resembles Loreal's Lash Out or Maybelline's Illegal Lengths mascaras. In terms of application, it reminds me of Lash Out again and MF Stretch & Separate. In short, this is a good defining/lengthening mascara that doesn't clump! For those looking for volume/thickness, Voluminous is your best bet.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2004 5:15:00 PM More reviews by jolee2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this mascara, my eyelashes don't droop after a few hours yet there is no clumping or stiffness. I have used Shu Uemura & Darphin mascara both of which I like but I have to say I prefer Borghese. The main reason being the staying power it seems to have.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2004 9:52:00 PM More reviews by blondeambitioned

One of the best mascaras that I've tried so far. I'd compare this to the quality of Lancome's Defencils mascara, it defines and 'plumps' just as well, but this one tends to be a little more smudgy. No flaking or causing my eyelashes to fall out, which is a very big plus. My eyelashes look so plush. Will most definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2003 3:21:00 PM More reviews by venny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Putting on this mascara really does make you feel like a princess :) it's so plush and creamy, it feels like it's conditioning your lashes at the same time :) Really amazing results: no clumps, holds a curl very well, and it lengthens and thickens your lashes to look like natural falsies :) I took off one lippie cuz it tends to smudge on the upper lid if you're not careful, also cuz this line is discontinued in Canada so it's no longer readily available to me. Otherwise, a high quality, high-end mascara :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2003 2:30:00 PM More reviews by kfrench

Been very happy w/ this product. No clumps, nice thick brush, etc.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2003 2:08:00 PM More reviews by Lala04

I really like this mascara- I've been using it on and off for years. It makes my lashes thick and also adds some length. It dries nicely- firm enough to keep the curl (provided by Shu Uemura lashcurler) but not brittle. It makes your lashes look "rich". It's a very creamy formula so it tends to clump a bit- hence I use it on and off as I search for the perfect HG mascara....but until I find it (if I EVER actually do!) I am happy to come back to Borghese time and time, again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2003 2:42:00 AM More reviews by b4may_agd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the best mascara I have ever used! I did wear Lancome's Magnificils, but Borghese's formula lasts longer and provides more fullness - and at $18.00 it's less expensive than most department store brands. It comes in Black and Brown and also in a waterproof formula. Be careful though - once you use one Borghese product, it will lead to others! You'll be hooked!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2002 11:44:00 AM More reviews by MeditativeRose

I found this mascara to be a little clumpy. While it did add nice length and excellent body, it also provided a few clumps that had to be worked out.