April 20, 2014 | 1585 users online

Bath Treatments - LUSH - Ro's Argan Body Conditioner

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2013 8:02:00 PM More reviews by harmonyl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

OMG this product is amazing!! my partner and i use it as a moisteriser once we have showered and just lightly pat dried so your still damp them rub it all over and omg it feels amazing and smells like happy! my skin feels moisterised and soft i thourt it may feel oily with not washing it off but its not its justlike silk.its smell well its so strong when you first put it on but slowly wears down over the day.i dont wear perfume wen i have this on. the rose jam smell cannot be explained it just has to be smelt.its not that yuckky musty smell it smells edible lol. the price is exy but so worth it. am going to get more it is a definate keeper!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2013 1:19:00 AM More reviews by SophieH

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is an expensive product (~$30 for an 8-ounce jar) but worth it. You can use it in the way they recommend--applying it to your whole body while in the shower, then rinsing off--but you'll go through it really quickly that way. I've done it once or twice and have been happy with the results (moisturized, silky skin for a good 2-3 days after showering, with no need to reapply), but, honestly, that method is a pretty expensive replacement for regular body lotion. However, if you like your showers, and would rather do everything in the shower rather than afterwards, this will truly enable you to skip lotion after.

The way I use it is as a spot treatment for areas of my body that need extra TLC. I tend to get localized itchiness because I use a medication patch, and I have had lots of luck rubbing a bit of this into the spot where the patch has been. (I use it on dry skin.) It gets rid of the irritation and itchiness, and quickly cleared up some bruising and stretch-mark-type things that I got from repeatedly wearing and tearing off the patch in the same spot. It's also been great in areas that get itchy from hair removal and/or ingrowns, like the bikini line. I was surprised to find that it really cleared up those situations with daily use (again, just a little on dry skin).

I also use this every night on my hands before bed, and it has kept them soft and silky around the clock. I tend to have huge hand problems in the winter, between the weather and washing my hands all the time, but I don't like to reapply hand cream throughout the day. Most winters, my hands become disgustingly dry and scaly and frankly dandruff-y, even if I use a hand cream. It's hard to find something I can apply just once every 24 hours and still have totally beautiful hands all the time. Plus, I can tell you that this works even better than Dior Abricot Creme for Nails to keep cuticles tidy. Since I've been using this on my hands, I have not needed to trim or even push back my cuticles. They have stayed gorgeous.

As for the product itself, it takes a bit of time to sink in, and I am always worried about touching my hair and skin before it has done so...it's an intensely rich product and I'm sure it could cause greasiness to the hair and breakouts to the face if it got there. It comes in a typical Lush jar/pot thing that is sturdy and screws tightly closed, good for travel. The product I got is two different colors--pale pink at the edges of the pot and closer to white in the middle--but the part I use doesn't seem to make a difference.

Oh, and the smell. Rich, dark, sweet, juicy, edible, luscious. It smells deeply, darkly of roses, but is both sweeter and much less literal than one would expect, so try it even if you don't like rose scents. The scent is amazing in an over-the-top way that makes you think you must be leading some kind of charmed life or are actually royalty. I guess this kind of thing is true of Lush products in general, but I don't use them a lot, so this insane level of decadence came as a bit of a surprise to me. However, unlike many products with extraordinary sensory properties, this one happens to be truly useful. It is a multitasking work-horse that is brilliantly solving a lot of skin problems for me in a way that nothing else has. With the way I use it, it will last awhile, and is therefore a pretty good value. All in all, I love.

UPDATE: Bought my second tub and have found another use for it. Slather on feet, put on socks, go to bed. *Really* softens soles, callouses, etc. I started doing it every night and have been able to go much longer between pedis.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2013 1:08:00 AM More reviews by trafficdior

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Oh, this is just delectable. For $35 I expected this to leave my skin with dramatic results, and it didn't disappoint even in the slightest. The concept of a "skin conditioner for the shower" was what drew me in, initially. It's supremely creamy in texture and smells of rose essence. Lastly, it left my skin feeling like that of a baby's when combined with LUSH's Turkish Delight. Will be buying this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2013 7:42:00 PM More reviews by underage

Love love love this stuff! I got a sample and I'm definitely going to purchase the full size once I finish. I love in shower lotions as I hate the sticky feeling normal lotions leave. This kind of puts a film over your skin and is very moisturizing! The smell is amazing. It smells like rose so if you don't like roses this is not for you! It's strong at first but wears off during the day. Many companies have stopped selling in shower lotions so I'm so happy I found this!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/14/2013 9:21:00 PM More reviews by lcanant

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I wanted to love this, as I adore its smell and the feeling it leaves on the skin.

However, this gave me an itchy, bumpy rash across my face, neck, and forearms. Extremely painful.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2012 10:25:00 PM More reviews by laurelrea

It's the scent of this I am just dying over. I've never smelt anything I have loved so much! The product itself does a lovely job too but I must admit I buy it purely for the scent, absolutely gorgeous.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2012 12:45:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Lush's product inventor Rowena was inspired to create this "decadent shower lotion" after noticing the "sultry soft feeling" conditioner gave to her hair. I don't know what she uses, but nothing my makes my hair feel sultry. Anyway, this "body conditioner" is meant to mimic the effects of conditioner, but for your skin. This product contains "scoops of cocoa butter, capuacu butter, almond oil, and argan oil", making it the "most luxurious body softener there ever was". I got a small sample of this product for free at the Lush in Macy's in downtown Pittsburgh. The full size 7.9oz tub sells for a very pricey $32.95. This is one of Lush's many vegan products. Of course Lush is a cruelty free brand. This conditioner was made in Lush's homeland; Canada.
My sample came in a little black jar with a screw on lid. The name of the product was hand written on the lid in marker, but it has since smeared. The full size product comes in a similar tub, but it has much more product specific information on it. Black tubs like the one Ro's Argan Body Conditioner comes in are eligible for Lush's fantastic recycling program. If you aren't familiar with Lush's recycling program, let me explain; for every 6 black pots you return to the store you get one of their Fresh Face Masks, which I think are some of their stand out products. If you choose no to to participate in Lush's in store recycling program, their containers are also recyclable through your local municipal program as well. I don't think I/need to explain anything else about Lush's packaging, we all have the internet, we've all seen the pictures.
Lush's Ro's Argan Body Conditioner is, in essence, a luxurious lotion with a fancy description. This lotion is very smooth and creamy, on the thicker side, and a light rosy pink. Ro's Argan should be applied in the shower or bath after you wash up, and left on for 2 to 3 minutes. By the end of those couple minutes most of the product has been absorbed into your skin. Whats left over rinses off very easily, and the end results will blow your mind. My skin is probably not physically capable of being softer. This stuff deeply moisturizes and softens the skin so dramatically, without leaving the skin feeling greasy. I definitely don't feel the need to use a lotion after using this stuff. I think a lot of Lush's products seem gimmicky, this one included, but the results don't lie, Ro's Argan Body Conditioner really works!
Ro's Argan has a very strong rose scent, it is intense! Like you will still be able to smell it on your skin, clothes, and towels a day or two after you use it. I have the sample jar across the table from me, cap screwed all the way on, and it still smells super strong. This is not a product for those with scent sensitivities or those who hate florals. Ro's Argan is probably also a headache inducer for some. At first I absolutely hated the scent, but I've grown to enjoy it.
Lush's Ro's Argan Body Conditioner is a wonderfully luxurious product. Do I think its necessary? No. Do I think its as revolutionary as the Lush sales associate told me it was? Not really, its just a souped up lotion with really good ingredients. Ro's Argan is a product worth splurging on if you have dry or rough skin, but like most Lush products, its always best ti get a sample and really evaluate it and decide if your want to spend $33 on a fancy lotion. Personally I wouldn't, but I can't even justify the $11 Bath&BodyWorks charges for their lotion - and it contains almost a whole ounce more! I might get another sample of Ro's Argan Body Conditioner some day though. I do recommend this product if you can afford it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2012 1:32:00 PM More reviews by scunagorelik

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

lovely texture, lovely scent, lovely skin after I slather it on post-showered body.

Would definitely buy again. My skin is still soft 15 hours later. This will be a staple this winter, when my skin gets dry/chapped/flaky.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2012 4:01:00 AM More reviews by GlamDiva

I use Ro's Argan Body Conditioner more as a cream fragrance than as a body lotion. Quality rose with cinnamon spice, comforting, old-fashioned. Becomes a rich but subtle skinscent. An oasis in a crazy world!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2012 11:46:00 AM More reviews by blushed2003pics

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Do not like the packaging but the contents are a dream.

I really do not like the sticky feel of body lotions and this lets me moisturise my neglected body skin. As I apply it after my shower, a little goes a long way on wet skin. Voila, after a quick rinse and a quick pat dry, I'm all done! The bathroom smells wonderful too.

I agree with another reviewer, please wash your hands thoroughly after using this and not touch your face if you are acne-prone.