October 20, 2014 | 872 users online

Bath Treatments - LUSH - Ro's Argan Body Conditioner

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2013 9:59:00 AM More reviews by spinacha

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I will start this review by saying that I hate to moisturize my skin. I enjoy the feeling of skin that is moisturized, but I hate the process of having to actually rub moisturizer into the skin and waiting for it to absorb.

When I heard about Ro's Argan Body Conditioner, I thought it would be the perfect product for me, as I much prefer to do all my body care (e.g. exfoliating, moisturizing, etc.) while I am still in the shower.

This product delivers what it promises; your skin will be SUPER moisturized after using Ro's Argan Body Conditioner. Whenever I use this product, my skin is so soft and hydrated, and the feeling lasts all day. Amazing!

It is a vegan product, containing mostly natural ingredients. It also does not contain any form of alcohol, which is super important to me.

Some reviewers have commented that this product smells like beer. I don't get that. I'm about 1/2 way thru one jar, and to me the scent has not changed yet. It has a very, very strong smell of roses. Just imagine 100 fresh roses mashed up into a condensed paste and then mixed into a lotion. That is my sense from this product.

After using this product and rinsing off, it is imperative that you dry off with a towel and "dab" your skin dry. If you skip this step, your skin will feel greasy.

I have used the body conditioner roughly 5 times now, and I'm already 1/2 way thru the jar. It does go quickly, and it is an expensive product (i.e. a 225g jar sells for $32.50 in Canada).

One very important thing to mention is that whenever I use this product, after rinsing it off my skin my tub gets very slippery. To avoid anyone slipping, after I am done showering I will usually pour some boiling water onto the floor of the tub to wash away the remaining product.

All in all I do think this is an amazing product, and I will repurchase it. The only unfortunate thing is that it is super expensive, and the smell can be a bit overwhelming. Otherwise, I have only good things to say about it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2013 2:24:00 PM More reviews by gofierceorgohome

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

In two words this product is simply amazing. Yes, amazing. Lush has quickly become one of my favorite cosmetic, skincare and bath care companies and with gems like this competition should be cowering in its shadow.

I visited my local Lush store itching to get my fix. A lovely and interesting sales associate with green hair, no...a goddess from the skincare heavens spotted me browsing and immediately approached me to prey on my wallet. Her weapon of choice was this in-shower moisturizer that had piqued my curiosity. Now, my basis of comparison here is of course Olay's in-shower body lotion, which is far more less expensive, but still a wonderful product that I've used several times in my quest for exceptional moisture.

She praises this little black jar as if it were dermalogical gold as I'm scanning the ingredients: Fresh Spring Water (Aqua) , Glycerine , Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis) , Cypress Leaf Infusion (Cupressus sempervirens) , Brazil Nut Oil (Bertholletia Excelsa) , Vanilla Pod (Vanilla planifolia) , Fair Trade Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii) , Stearic Acid , Argan Oil (Argania spinosa) , Cupuacu Butter (Theobroma Grandiflorum) , Fragrance , Triethanolamine , Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao) , Goji Berry Decoction (Lycium barbarum) , Rose Absolute (Rosa damascena) , Geranium Oil (Pelargonium graveolens) , Lemon Oil (Citrus limonum) , *Limonene , Cetearyl Alcohol , Citronellol , Coumarin , Geraniol , Methylparaben , Propylparaben....

and I'm becoming weaker...

Then I make the boldest decision to smell it. Oh, my god. I stop hearing everything: the other addicts shuffling and cooing in the store, green hair girl gushing, my man trying to rush me out to take a dump...Everything about that moment was ambrosial and suddenly I felt like a goddess in my own right. My nose treks on a journey through a rose garden with every beautiful red flower dripping in sweet, honey as I'm sipping the finest tea and angels are overhead strumming harps. Wow!

She urges me to rub it into my thirsty skin. Pink, creamy, silky, celestial medicine. I'm sold. How much is this? $32.95 for 8.4 oz...eeek, but f*ck it I'm treating myself! I snatch up a jar, some shower jelly, scan the rest of the store and hurry to the register before I'm tempted by anything else. But wait...there's more! Delightful green hair girl shoves samples into an adorable black and white paper bag. I'm beaming.

Let me just put it this way, I never rinse this off in this shower. It really is too luxurious (and pricey!) to let it go down the drain. I slather it on after washing up and let it soak in while the compliments pour in. I use it on my face, on my entire body. Typically I use the Olay in shower lotion, rinse it off and then moisturize with Ro's Argan Body Conditioner. Also, I have used this to moisturize my one year old daughter's hair. She has a fine, curly texture and this works wonderfully for her hair. Ugh, divine!! I will never be without this incredibly moisturizing elixir or its lovely sheen imparting goodness!

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2013 10:19:00 PM More reviews by ImYourFavoriteDrug

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I hate applying lotion out of the shower. This product makes moisturizing my body so much easier.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2013 9:38:00 PM More reviews by plumblush

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

So, here's the things about this product--it works. Yes, ladies you just slap this stuff on in the shower, wait a minute or two, rinse it off, and then feel like you have put lotion all over your whole body. It's actually a rather remarkable little product. I have very dry skin, but loathe the greasy feeling of lotion all over my body. That, and I'm often too lazy or late to slather myself up after a shower. So, this stuff is really a godsend for me because I can just do it all at one time.

The negatives of this product are the price and the smell. The price is OMG expensive for such a teensy bit of product. I can only afford to use it every other day or I'll be buying a $32 container of Ro's every week. Oh well. I have just resigned myself to that and continued to buy it anyway. So, then there's the smell. I know everyone else is rhapsodizing about the scent of roses. And, it does smell nice in the pot. But when it heats up in the shower and you get about halfway through the container it starts to smell like old beer. Sorry, guys. I know it's blasphemy to say that about such a crowd pleaser, but I'm slathering it on and holding my breath. After you rinse it off and put on whatever perfumes or sprays you're wearing it's still potent, but bearable. I wish they would make the same product with a different scent. However, it is so wonderful that the stinky smell has not prevented me from making it into my 3rd pot already.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/26/2013 7:25:00 PM More reviews by shelbyclarke

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I received a sample of this with an order. It's possible my sample was expired because it smelled nothing like described. It smelled like raisins to me and I had my sister smell me after I used it and she said I smelled like booze! Nothing like rose at all!

It was very moisturizing, there was no need for lotion after and the smell lasted a couple hours so if you like the scent, that would be a good thing...for me it wasn't. But I'm going to look into LUSH's other shower smoothies because I like the product, just maybe not this particular one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2013 8:58:00 PM More reviews by modestyblaise78

A friend of mine who is working for Lush recommended me this product because the drugstore soap in my kitchen irritated my hands.
I needed to deal with dry, itchy and red skin for more than two weeks, which transformed into something way better immediately after one use of this.
Basically I bought it because I needed a hand conditioner - something which is going to soften my hands (because I am washing them all the time and because I hate fat, thick hand creams and not being able to touch anything after I put them on) - and for that purpose, it is just perfect!
Now...
I am not a fan of the price and of the smell - it is really expensive and I can not imagine using this product on my body because I really dislike the smell of it.
But it truly saved my hands and I do not know any better product for that purpose.
I'll be mostly using it after washing hands.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2013 9:46:00 AM More reviews by kissyxface

Nothing makes my skin feel more amazing than this. Especially after a long winter. My skin has been so dry & this has changed it completely. It also smells soooo good.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2013 5:10:00 AM More reviews by joanne150406

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this even though it is in the pricey side. I got it as a sample when I was a bit iffy and wanted to make sure that I was making the right decision. The sales assistant told me you can use it as a hair treatment as well and that convinced me enough to buy the full tub, because I don't have dry skin really and didn't need it just as a skin moisturiser. I love anything rose flavoured or scented so it was kind of a no brainer for me :) plus I am a big time fan of lush and this is one of my favourite products of theirs. I've had the tub for a couple months now and I still have heaps left!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2013 1:26:00 PM More reviews by loverbug2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love the way my skin feels after using this but it smells like beer to me! Icky.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2013 11:21:00 PM More reviews by Lewellenkelli

This is my favorite scent in the world!!! Creamy rose candy in a jar. I use it as a lotion and as a hair leave in and the smell sticks around for hours, also leaving hair and skin nice and smooth. A little goes a long way so one pot will probably last three months easy for me. I will buy over and over