August 20, 2014 | 1940 users online

Lips - L'Oreal - Colour Riche Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2013 2:27:00 AM More reviews by sarah_417

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I LOVE LOVE LOVE these balms. There are a lot of mixed reviews on these, but they are NOT lipsticks - and they are NOT supposed to be. They are sheer tinted balms. (a my-lips-but-better product)
I have spent years looking for this exact product - something that adds a nice, but noticeable sheer color, and a slight gloss to help finish a look. I coordinate a tone with my cheek color to give a more polished and put together look - but never overdone.

I get a really nice hint of color, and a beautiful glossy sheen. I have very fair skin, (NC15) so many lipsticks leave me feeling very clown-like. That's why I love these. I actually bought them for my sisters for Christmas, and they both immediately went and purchased more.

I actually went back and bought every color. (Walgreens does a buy one, get one, fairly often too, making them a steal) These are my favorite lip product of all time. (so glad to find a much more affordable option than the Dior Addict Lip Glow)

For me, the staying power is great. I don't really lick my lips or anything like that, but typically I only need to re-apply after about 4 hours. (not the 8 hours they claim, but really great staying power for a gloss) I think they are perfect for the office too.

I HATED the Revlon Lip Butters - which these are often compared to. The L'oreal balms moisturize my lips, and feel great, not waxy like most balms.

A few of the shades do have a bit more color pay-off than others. Plush Plum, and Tender Mauve deliver the most color.

If you are looking for a lot of color, look elsewhere. I think if you have highly pigmented lips these might not show up very well either. For me, and my fair/cool complexion, they are great.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2013 10:27:00 AM More reviews by punrara

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I have these in Pink Satin, Caramel Comfort and Plush Plum.

I absolutely adore these! They smell so creamy and they feel so creamy when I apply them. I especially love Plush Plum because it's the darkest color and it just looks so good when I wear it. <3

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2012 11:17:00 AM More reviews by HotPinkLipstick01

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought color 215 something rose I can't remember the full name. Let me say right off the bat this gave me hardly any color. I ended up buying a lip butter cause I really wanted some color. Also it doesn't stay on it goes away in like 15 minutes. Besides the lack of color these aren't half bad. It's like a lip gloss for me. Adds a teeny bit of color and a lot of shine. They smell great and have a moisturizing feel. I love the packaging, it's so pretty. I wish they were slightly more pigmented but on days when I want natural lips with shine this fills the job. It's like lipgloss in lipstick form :)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2012 12:40:00 AM More reviews by mcall

The L'Oreal color riche balms are what I wanted the Revlon Lip butters to be. Revlon is my go to drugstore brand, but I never wear lipstick and shy away from anything that will be opaque on my lips, so I have to be very light handed when wearing the Revlon lip butters, and have to have a mirror to reapply. The L'Oreal balm is exactly what I was looking for. It leaves enough pink (I have the Rose Elixir 218 color) to visibly change the color of my lips, but is not so pigmented that I feel like my lips look fake. The amount of shimmer is great for me. I cant feel it, and it doesn't make my lips look like a disco baIl. It is just barely noticeable. l like the feel of the balm as well. It is pretty thick, but smooth, and it seems to moisturize as well as the Chapstick brand balms, but not as moisturizing as my Burt's bees pomegranate balm. I love that I can reapply with out looking and without worrying about it looking sloppy. I think each person's individual expectations of this product will determine if they are happy with it. If you are expecting it to be sheer, then you will be satisfied, but if you expect it to be as pigmented as the lip butters, you will be disappointed. I didnt give it a perfect 5 because for me, the last lippie would be earned by it being super hydrating on top of all the things I like about it so that it would be the only lip product I would need to carry with me. I will be purchasing the coral color soon.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2012 9:01:00 AM More reviews by darkharbour

This is exactly what it promises to be, with no frills, and quite a lovely case for a drug store product. This is a slightly pigmented stick balm that tastes faintly of almond. I got the plum shade, it is a somewhat MLBB shade, earthy and neutral, and a bit deep. A bit like Black Honey, but more soft. Very sheer. No sparkle.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/7/2012 8:48:00 AM More reviews by Suesaroo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wear this over my regular Aveda lip balm for a bit of color. The product is meh. No long lasting, nothing significant about it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2012 3:46:00 AM More reviews by SanjaFika

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Black

Hi Everybody - My name is Sanja and I am a Lip Balm addict! This is one of my least-guilt inducing purchases but quite possibly the most rewarding one. The Colour Riche Balm is what i wanted the Revlon Lip Butters to be - moisturizing, shiny, soothing, lovely...basically prettiness in a tube :) The Best Part - since i discovered these little gems, the urge to continue repurchasing the magical Dior Lip Glow has subsided to say the least. I am not saying that i wont buy it again but it may take a while because i find myself using the Riche Balm in Pink Satin a lot more. The funny thing is that the Lip Glow and the Riche Balm tubes are fairly similar in design - the luxury look was certainly acheived by L'Oreal this time around.
The texture of this is sublime - it glides on so easily, almost melting into the lips. I am happy to say that there is no detectable chemical taste and the fragrance is very faint so i dont think it would bother those with scent issues. The shades are soft but always detectable - after all this is a balm not a lipstick so it wouldnt be fair to judge the lack of pigmentation. I will say that the colour payoff is excellent for a lip treatment even in the lighter shades with a finish that isnt so much glossy as it is a sheen. Pink Satin is one of the lighest ones available and it makes my lips light up with a such a beautiful girly glow - compliments and inquiries gallore :)))
I am hoarding backups as we speak - L'oreal will discontinue this and then what am i going to do???

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2012 9:34:00 PM More reviews by namissaas224

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

First off, I love the packaging on these balms. Very pretty and luxe looking. On to the actual product, I like these pretty okay. If you're more of a chapstick kind of person this would be good for you. I have them in 418 and 218( Can't remember the color names) and they're pretty colors. One is a pink color and one is a nice coral. They both show up alright after a few coats. I gave them a four because like most lip balms you have to keep re-applying if you want the color to stay. I would buy again, but I think it will take me awhile to use up both tubes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2012 2:34:00 PM More reviews by stephani99

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The only shade of these that show up at all on me is Plush Plum. The rest are pretty much clear, at least on my mauvey pigmented lips. The Mauve one is a joke, it's a very pale pink that made me wonder how on earth they got any mauve out of it. Anyway, the Plum is great; pretty color, nice shine, very moisturizing, doesn't turn fuschia, no wonky scent or taste that I can tell (or it fades really fast if there is) but like most of these tinted balms, lasting power is minimal. Packaging is gorgeous though, really eye-catching. I don't mind reapplying because I really love the color and the moisturizing properties are crucial for me this time of year when I get really dry. I would repurchase this shade for sure, but none of the others unless they come out with more pigmented ones like the Plum.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2012 11:40:00 AM More reviews by unsaniterry

I would like to say that I am NOT a lip product person. I normally just enjoy my regular ol' Chapstick and I'm satisfied.

However, I love coral so when I saw this in Target, I was convinced! I bought mine in the shade "Caring Coral." The shades are beautiful, no doubt about it. However, it barely shows up. Even when I swatch it on my hand, it just looks like a REALLY light gloss of some sort. But since I am deeply TERRIFIED of lipsticks, this was perfect for me. These made my lips look juicy with the slightest touch of color. No hassle, no having to have a mirror (I can't say that for the darker shades, however), and the packaging makes me feel as if I'm in the movies or something.

I say this product is perfect for people like me, those who are new to makeup, or students in school. If you are a lipstick junkie, this does NOT have the pigmentation of a lipstick nor that of the Revlon Lip Butters. Beware!