December 19, 2014 | 1426 users online

Lips - L'Oreal - Colour Riche Balm

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2013 10:58:00 PM More reviews by BudgetDiva

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Silver, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

While I adore Fresh Sugar Plum lip balm, at $22 a pop and lasting less than a month, I decided to try to find something that would produce similar results (soften my lips, which chap easily, and give a little bit of pop). The CVS on the corner was having a BOGO on L'Oreal lip products, so I picked up Comforting Caramel and Nourishing Nude.

I really like these. The color is there but subtle (similar to FSP balm in that it just adds a hint of color) and so far seems to be very moisturizing and longer lasting than the FSP balm. I don't detect any sparkle or glitter (another reason I loved the FSP balm, no glittery effect). I put it on about 4 hours ago and haven't had to reapply it and my lips feel moist and soft.

Although not as great as FSP balm, at one-third the price, I'm willing to make a little bit of a sacrifice. I do intend to pick up the Berry color of this product just to see how the color compares to FSP but, as of right now, I'm kicking FSP to the curb in favor of L'Oreal's Colour Riche Balm, what with similar results and the ability to get 3 for the price of 1 FSP.

Maybe drugstore products aren't so bad after all.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2013 9:50:00 AM More reviews by herbgurl82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am reviewing the Plush Plum shade. Such a pretty color! It goes on shimmery at first, but soon morphs into a very nice MLBB. My only complaint is that if your lips have dry patches, it clings to them, making the color go on patchy. The packaging is also irritating. However, minus these two things, I love this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/4/2013 8:51:00 AM More reviews by horatia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This starts out well (I have plush plum) with a gorgeous but subtle MLBB color and a natural sheen. Thats about it. The sheen wears off very quickly leaving a plummish, matte, finish that doesnt look good on my already dry lips. Quickly after that, the color wears off.
It is more moisturising than Revlon lip butters but not hydrating enough to replace my lip balm and not pigmented enough for even a MLBB color unless I reapply a lot.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/1/2013 11:25:00 AM More reviews by Honeybunches84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

In the store I tried the colours out on my hand and they looked great. It looked nice and moisturizing and had lots of shine. As soon as I got home and put it on my lips, I had to take it off right away. The taste was horrible. Iíve never had a lip balm taste so bad. I wiped it off and returned it the next day. Too bad because the colors were what I was looking for but I couldnít stand to wear it because of the taste. I even had to brush my teeth after to get rid of it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2013 10:58:00 PM More reviews by hellothere2013

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Best. Lip balm. Ever.

I absolutely love these balms. I can't even put into words how amazing these are. But i will try.
I favor lip balms that give some color. I like a natural finish- not too glossy, yet not too waxy either. I generally hate vinyl looking lips.
These give a beaaaauuutiful color, a nice blanket of breathable moisture, and is long lasting. It just looks so pretty on my lips. Its the right contistency and everything!

Good for: ppl who like the 'my lips but better' philosophy. Someone who wants some color and a nice soft balmy finish to lips.

Not for: ppl who want opaque lipstick or thick vinyl looking lips

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2013 1:08:00 AM More reviews by shio318

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is probably L'Oreal's resonse to the Revlon lip butters. These are similar to the lip butters, except I personally think they are a little less sticky.There was not as wide a color range as the lip butters. I bought Heavenly Berry and Tender Mauve at Walgreens and they cost about $8, which I thought was a bit pricey for a balm. Luckily, there was a buy one get one half off sale. I like this product a lot. I had to use a lot of product to get some color on my lips which was a bit disappointing. Fortunately, I love both colors on my lips. They are natural colors and look nice. I would like to try some of the darker colors of this balm, but as I said, there aren't too many options. The packaging is pretty, however I do not like that the cap must be put on precisely. There is one side with a little piece that must be matched with another opening (sorry if this doesn't make much sense). Not very convenient when in a rush, but nevertheless I would repurchase this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 1:05:00 AM More reviews by thefallenangel525

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have heavenly berry and plush plum. Plush plum is pretty pigmented while heavenly berry is a lot more sheer. Heavenly berry is my go to shade for school and gym while plush plum is more my going out shade. It does have spf, which is nice, but is low on UVA protection. I find the moisturizing factor to last a couple hours while the color does seem to fade a bit sooner than that.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2013 2:27:00 AM More reviews by sarah_417

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I LOVE LOVE LOVE these balms. There are a lot of mixed reviews on these, but they are NOT lipsticks - and they are NOT supposed to be. They are sheer tinted balms. (a my-lips-but-better product)
I have spent years looking for this exact product - something that adds a nice, but noticeable sheer color, and a slight gloss to help finish a look. I coordinate a tone with my cheek color to give a more polished and put together look - but never overdone.

I get a really nice hint of color, and a beautiful glossy sheen. I have very fair skin, (NC15) so many lipsticks leave me feeling very clown-like. That's why I love these. I actually bought them for my sisters for Christmas, and they both immediately went and purchased more.

I actually went back and bought every color. (Walgreens does a buy one, get one, fairly often too, making them a steal) These are my favorite lip product of all time. (so glad to find a much more affordable option than the Dior Addict Lip Glow)

For me, the staying power is great. I don't really lick my lips or anything like that, but typically I only need to re-apply after about 4 hours. (not the 8 hours they claim, but really great staying power for a gloss) I think they are perfect for the office too.

I HATED the Revlon Lip Butters - which these are often compared to. The L'oreal balms moisturize my lips, and feel great, not waxy like most balms.

A few of the shades do have a bit more color pay-off than others. Plush Plum, and Tender Mauve deliver the most color.

If you are looking for a lot of color, look elsewhere. I think if you have highly pigmented lips these might not show up very well either. For me, and my fair/cool complexion, they are great.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2013 10:27:00 AM More reviews by punrara

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I have these in Pink Satin, Caramel Comfort and Plush Plum.

I absolutely adore these! They smell so creamy and they feel so creamy when I apply them. I especially love Plush Plum because it's the darkest color and it just looks so good when I wear it. <3

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2012 11:17:00 AM More reviews by HotPinkLipstick01

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought color 215 something rose I can't remember the full name. Let me say right off the bat this gave me hardly any color. I ended up buying a lip butter cause I really wanted some color. Also it doesn't stay on it goes away in like 15 minutes. Besides the lack of color these aren't half bad. It's like a lip gloss for me. Adds a teeny bit of color and a lot of shine. They smell great and have a moisturizing feel. I love the packaging, it's so pretty. I wish they were slightly more pigmented but on days when I want natural lips with shine this fills the job. It's like lipgloss in lipstick form :)