July 30, 2014 | 1267 users online

Sunscreen - L'Oreal - Sublime Sun Advanced Sunscreen Liquid Silk Sunshield For Face SPF 50 [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2012 4:09:00 PM More reviews by Lisr

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I generally don't write reviews, but I felt like I had to for this product. I have had a couple of pre-cancerous places on my face the derm had to remove. He told me to ALWAYS wear a sunscreen of 30 or greater on my face. I am pretty oily and always hated the way most sunscreens felt and how they contributed to my oilyness. I would cheat and not wear anything but dinky SPF 15 foundation. Then feel guilty and horrified at the sun spots that would pop up on my face. I have tried a million sunscreens. I liked some of the more expensive ones ok, but really did not want to keep paying that much for sunscreen. So, on my eternal quest to find an affordable sunscreen that I would actually wear, I saw the Sublime Sun for face at Target. This stuff is wonderful. It goes on matte and stays matte. It makes a great primer for my mineral or liquid foundation. I have worn it daily for a week now and no breakouts or problems or guilt for not wearing my sunscreen. HA!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2012 6:02:00 PM More reviews by azmuslima

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

In the past i have tried and never been able to use a sunscreen on my face that does not make my skin burn from chemicals or break out after just a few hours of wear! Hello to Loreal Sublime. I have even tried Neutrogena sunscreen and it makes me break out. This sunscreen is amazing! I got a sample at Walgreens and had to go and buy a full size container b/c I am in love with it. Living in Arizona there is sun year round and I absolutely HAVE to have sunscreen under my makeup or in my makeup.
    Packaging: The sun kissed color of the box and bottle is very attractive. I really like the lid which is secure, and the small hole for the product to come out of which dispenses the amount needed and not more.
    Application: Goes on super smoothly and acts as a primer under makeup with silica. NO white look when applies and instead gives my skin an amazing glow!
    I have nothing bad to say about this product! It wears well throughout the day and I have not gotten the oily spots even though i am heavily oily in my t zone and dry in other areas. Would recommend AND buy again! Way to go Loreal!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/21/2012 7:57:00 PM More reviews by ecisabella

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm very pale and wear sunscreens daily. I was attracted to this product because of a review that said it could also double as a primer because it has silica in it. As my usual primer has silica, I didn't think that would be a problem.

This product broke me out. Nothing breaks me out. Ever. So imagine my shock when pimples started erupting on my nose and I got a cystic pimple on my cheek. So clearly something about this product did not work for me.

This pros for this product are that it spread very well (the product is very thin) and dries to a soft finish, which does work well for layering under makeup. Which you'll be using a lot of, to cover up the breakouts ...

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2012 12:27:00 PM More reviews by ashleystar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

As an acne-prone gal with oily T-zone tendancies, finding face lotion with sunblock in it is nothing short of a nightmare. However, this stuff? IT IS LOVE, Y'ALL.
    I picked this up (about $9 at Wal-Mart, but I've seen a bunch of $1 off coupons in the Sunday papers since!) before a trip to Vegas, when I knew I'd be out in the sun all day & need an extra dose of sun protection.
    Right from the start, I was in love with the feel; it glides on so smooth and absorbs almost immediately, leaving behind a smooth, matte texture. It even seemed to help keep my T-zone and cheeks from getting as shiny as usual, which was an unexpected bonus!
    The only downside, for girls like me who live in dry climates and need a little extra moisture, is that it's not the BEST at moisturizing... but aside from that, this is definitely my new go-to for summertime face SPF!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2012 10:25:00 AM More reviews by RachelLauren

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

i love this stuff! it goes on like silk, for me it replaces my makeup primer. I have dry skin, so on me it looks mostly matte with a tiny glow. It actually is nice enough that some days i don't even use makeup on top of it. when i do use makeup, it goes on smooth, no crumbly pieces like i get with some sunscreens. even though the bottle looks small, this lasts quite a while, and i use alot ! I have stopped looking for other sunscreens, this is it!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2012 11:37:00 AM More reviews by gerlygerl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had hoped this would be an antioxidant-laden version of my favorite, Neutrogena UltraSheer liquid daily sunblock spf 70 (albeit with a slightly lower spf), but it failed miserably. Both sunscreens are packaged in small bottles with small nozzles, the best method of dispensing their liquidy textures. Both also leave a slight shine on my face. But that's where the similarities end.

Pros: Liquid texture, antioxidants, portable packaging

Cons: Alcohol content, leaves a shine, leaves skin feeling tacky to the touch

Sorry L'Oreal, but the Neutrogena doesn't leave my skin feeling tacky or heavy, and doesn't contain alcohol to dry out or irritate my skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2012 6:30:00 PM More reviews by thebobcat64

This product works just as well as the La Roche Posay I bought and has the same ingredients. It did not leave a whitecast, which was nice. It is also less greasy, however it does leave my face somewhat shiny. I'm not used to using liquid sunblock and I'm not sure about how much I should be applying. It has not made me break out and I have not burned while using this. I don't think I'll repurchase because of the shine factor. Physical sunscreens tend to work best with my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2012 2:16:00 AM More reviews by Mischka786

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I don't write reviews generally...just read them :)

I am on my second bottle of this stuff and am loving it. Its got no white caste and isn't gunky. Its smooth, settles into your skin quick, doesn't clog my pores and isn't greasy. I like the finish...its more dewy...not oily for me. Packaging is great and easy to throw into my bag as well. I recommend this to everyone.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2012 11:37:00 AM More reviews by Jmberry

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I didn't like this as much as I thought I would but it's not a bad product. It just wasn't a good fit for me. This sunscreen has a very thin, milky consistency with a slippery feel due to the silicone content. It's quick and easy to apply, absorbs well, and wears nicely under makeup. I like the bottle too, sturdy and flat with a screw on cap that makes it easily portable. This sunscreen has good, stable protection and is one of the more cosmetically elegant options at the drugstore. What I didn't like about it was that it left my face unpleasantly greasy (i am very oily, though) and it stung my eyes unbearably. For those reasons I would not repurchase but I think it's worth checking out for normal/combo skinned folks who don't have issues with chemical sunscreen filters. I am using up my bottle on my neck, arms and backs of hands (which it's great for).

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2012 4:58:00 PM More reviews by oldjuicythewhore

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have been using this for a solid 8 weeks now with great results. It mattifies while providing photostable sun protection. I apply either over or under my BB cream.
    I had some CVS Extrabucks and mfr. coupons so I ended up just paying tax on two of these!