April 19, 2014 | 869 users online

Sunscreen - L'Oreal - Sublime Sun Advanced Sunscreen Liquid Silk Sunshield For Face SPF 50

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2012 12:27:00 PM More reviews by ashleystar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

As an acne-prone gal with oily T-zone tendancies, finding face lotion with sunblock in it is nothing short of a nightmare. However, this stuff? IT IS LOVE, Y'ALL.
I picked this up (about $9 at Wal-Mart, but I've seen a bunch of $1 off coupons in the Sunday papers since!) before a trip to Vegas, when I knew I'd be out in the sun all day & need an extra dose of sun protection.
Right from the start, I was in love with the feel; it glides on so smooth and absorbs almost immediately, leaving behind a smooth, matte texture. It even seemed to help keep my T-zone and cheeks from getting as shiny as usual, which was an unexpected bonus!
The only downside, for girls like me who live in dry climates and need a little extra moisture, is that it's not the BEST at moisturizing... but aside from that, this is definitely my new go-to for summertime face SPF!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2012 10:25:00 AM More reviews by RachelLauren

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

i love this stuff! it goes on like silk, for me it replaces my makeup primer. I have dry skin, so on me it looks mostly matte with a tiny glow. It actually is nice enough that some days i don't even use makeup on top of it. when i do use makeup, it goes on smooth, no crumbly pieces like i get with some sunscreens. even though the bottle looks small, this lasts quite a while, and i use alot ! I have stopped looking for other sunscreens, this is it!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2012 11:37:00 AM More reviews by gerlygerl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had hoped this would be an antioxidant-laden version of my favorite, Neutrogena UltraSheer liquid daily sunblock spf 70 (albeit with a slightly lower spf), but it failed miserably. Both sunscreens are packaged in small bottles with small nozzles, the best method of dispensing their liquidy textures. Both also leave a slight shine on my face. But that's where the similarities end.

Pros: Liquid texture, antioxidants, portable packaging

Cons: Alcohol content, leaves a shine, leaves skin feeling tacky to the touch

Sorry L'Oreal, but the Neutrogena doesn't leave my skin feeling tacky or heavy, and doesn't contain alcohol to dry out or irritate my skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2012 6:30:00 PM More reviews by thebobcat64

This product works just as well as the La Roche Posay I bought and has the same ingredients. It did not leave a whitecast, which was nice. It is also less greasy, however it does leave my face somewhat shiny. I'm not used to using liquid sunblock and I'm not sure about how much I should be applying. It has not made me break out and I have not burned while using this. I don't think I'll repurchase because of the shine factor. Physical sunscreens tend to work best with my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2012 2:16:00 AM More reviews by Mischka786

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I don't write reviews generally...just read them :)

I am on my second bottle of this stuff and am loving it. Its got no white caste and isn't gunky. Its smooth, settles into your skin quick, doesn't clog my pores and isn't greasy. I like the finish...its more dewy...not oily for me. Packaging is great and easy to throw into my bag as well. I recommend this to everyone.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2012 11:37:00 AM More reviews by Jmberry

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I didn't like this as much as I thought I would but it's not a bad product. It just wasn't a good fit for me. This sunscreen has a very thin, milky consistency with a slippery feel due to the silicone content. It's quick and easy to apply, absorbs well, and wears nicely under makeup. I like the bottle too, sturdy and flat with a screw on cap that makes it easily portable. This sunscreen has good, stable protection and is one of the more cosmetically elegant options at the drugstore. What I didn't like about it was that it left my face unpleasantly greasy (i am very oily, though) and it stung my eyes unbearably. For those reasons I would not repurchase but I think it's worth checking out for normal/combo skinned folks who don't have issues with chemical sunscreen filters. I am using up my bottle on my neck, arms and backs of hands (which it's great for).

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2012 4:58:00 PM More reviews by oldjuicythewhore

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have been using this for a solid 8 weeks now with great results. It mattifies while providing photostable sun protection. I apply either over or under my BB cream.
I had some CVS Extrabucks and mfr. coupons so I ended up just paying tax on two of these!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2012 4:38:00 PM More reviews by mmherman

I've been noticing wrinkles on my forehead and as much as I like being tan I would rather have nice skin for as long as I can. So I decided I needed to find a facial sunscreen. I have used Neutrogena products in the past, but they are heavy and greasy feeling. They do the job, but I wanted something lighter. After looking on MUA I was really wanting to try La Roche Posey fluid suncreen, but it was so expensive. While I was mulling over buying LRP I saw this little guy a few shelves down.

The active ingredients are the same as LRP, which is what drew me to this product. I was bad and opened up both products, they seem to have the same design and consistency. Having not tried LRP I can't say if they are comparable products. I just reasoned I would try this one out because it had a more affordable price point.

I applied the sunscreen over my Gerda Spillmann bio fond foundation a few hours ago. It blended in nicely and didn't add any extra shine. I love how it was so light compared to other heavy, greasy sunscreens I've tried.

I haven't worn this for long so I can't say how my skin will react in the long run or how it will hold up over a whole day. The weather has been pretty cold so I don't know how it will perform during the hot summer weather, but I believe this product has potential.

One day when I am rich(er) I will try LRP.....and a lot of other makeup products, but this seems nice for now.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2012 10:46:00 PM More reviews by lightsout91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Say hello to the drugstore dupe of La Roche Posay's liquid sunscreens! This is almost identical to LRP except L'Oreal's SPF 50 doesn't leave any sort of whitish cast compared to LRP. This could be a good or bad thing depending on your needs. For me, I personally like LRP's tint since it offers a teensy bit of coverage, making me use less makeup overall.
One thing these two sunscreens have in common? Shiny, shiny, shiny PVC face. For those who absolutely despise the oily look, stay far away from this sunscreen or carry powder/blotting sheets.
I'm not ENTIRELY certain but I do think this s/s may be clogging me a little bit, or it could just be the hotter weather making me exert more sebum production. It hasn't caused any problems after 3 weeks of use, though, so I'll continue to use it.
Between this and LRP, I prefer LRP. But for $10 the L'Oreal Sublime Sun is an absolute steal.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2012 11:26:00 AM More reviews by NaturalGirl1116

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This sunscreen is great!! I love the silky smooth texture and lightweight feel. It's very thin and watery but it blends into skin effortlessly leaving a smooth even finish. My favorite thing to do is to mix this in with my ELDW and the result is amazing! It sheers out the foundation and makes it feels silky and glide on the face with ease. It makes my foundation looks less caky fresh! I LOVE it!! This sunscreen also hasn't caused any breakouts which is awesome. I also really like that it has extra skincare benefits. The only down side is it is a bit on the pricey side, about 12 buck at Walgreens. But I think it's about 9 at wal-mart. I think its def worth it!!!!