October 26, 2014 | 949 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Color Tattoo - Bad to the Bronze / On and On Bronze

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2013 2:06:00 AM More reviews by Kluv14

The bad to bronze wast the first color tattoo that I bought and I absolutely love it! The color was amazing and super pigmented and it's consistency is nice. The texture is creamy but not to creamy. And I fell in love with the packaging! I really want to buy it in different shades!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2013 10:03:00 AM More reviews by irf7

Such an amazing drug store find. It's really an amazing item, epecially for the price. It's a nice gold/bronze without the glitter. It can look a bit silvery/purple sometimes (not sure why). This product lasts all day, which is super exciting. It dosn't smudge. After purchasing the bad on bronze colour I went out and bought pomegranate punk. But that colour dosn't really last as long :/ It smudges a lot easiler and takes longer for it to set.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/3/2013 4:21:00 PM More reviews by hlovespearl

I love most of Maybelline's color tattoos, this one just didn't work for me. It is a beautiful color when you swatch it, very bronze and metallic. But on my light skin tone, it just looked very dark. It isn't a color I would be able to throw on my eyelid and run out the door. Even when I use a very small amount, it just makes my eyes look dark. I think this would work very well for you if you have medium to dark skin tones. I am very sad that it didn't work for me because it is such a beautiful color with such amazing staying power. I will continue to try to find a way to make it work so that I can use up what I have, but I don't plan to repurchase any time soon

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2013 8:18:00 PM More reviews by orenjinominh

my favorite. very easy and multidimensional for a cream shadow. great for ultra lazy days since my eyes are hooded and you don't see much lid anyway. please apply with a flat packing brush for best results. doesn't crease. look fab with a matte outer v too.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2013 7:53:00 PM More reviews by uhlizubeth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

After reading many reviews this was the color I was most excited for. Ironically it ended up looking horrendous on me. I've tried giving it multiple chances but I always immediately take it off. The color is just too damn dark yet metallic. No matter how much stuff I put under(primer) or over (eyeshadow, using this as a base) or the amount of product I apply (teeny tiny bit) it never looks blended. I bet I could make it work if it wasn't shiny as hell like foiled eyeshadow. I do like the color tattoos but this one is not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2013 6:28:00 PM More reviews by bldsgrsxmgk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have 2 other Color Tattoos (and aim to expand my collection) , but Bad To The Bronze is my favourite so far. I respect Maybelline for the fact that the line has such a wide array of colours which are all well-thought-out; vibrant and unique brights, and neutrals with depth and wearability. I am a neutral-eye addict, and this shadow as an allover wash is easily my favourite look to wear and to apply. The colour is gorgeous. I noticed another reviewer mention that it came out less warm when worn as opposed to the swatch, and it is true that applied in thicker layers it tends to come off more grey or taupe and opposed to bronze. (I would still say the title is accurate however, as we normally refer to 'bronze' and more like what copper actually is- this product is a bronze colour if you ask me). When worn as a sheer wash, the warmer tones come to the surface. I love cream eyeshadows and finding one such as this which does not crease or even budge for well over 12 hours is a dream come true. I also noticed that many reviews complain of the product drying out, and mine definitely has done that as well. The general suggestion is some Fix+, but I personally never plan on owning Fix+, so I'm wondering if there's a less painfully priced solution for creaming my Tattoo up again? For now, warming it with my finger prior to application works well.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2013 7:49:00 AM More reviews by crashedandburn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I absolutely love this. Unfortunately this colour looks wayy too gray on my very warm skin tone. When swatched, it looks like a beautiful, neutral to cool bronzey brown colour with just the right amount of shine/shimmer, but on my lids it looks sort of gray, making me look like i've got a bit of a fading bruise on my eyes. However, it makes an excellent base (over a primer) for one of my other bronze eyeshadows that were too red-toned, and together they look perfect.

It's easy to apply (especially for eyeshadow amateurs like me), doesn't budge all day on my oily lids, and is easy to remove as well. On lazy days, I don't use it with a primer, and it still looks fine.

Would definitely repurchase. And price-wise, it's not too expensive! I would recommend this to everyone and anyone, but especially to those with cooler skin tones. It really is great, wish maybelline would come up with more colours!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2013 9:00:00 PM More reviews by AmyAngel96

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have super-oily eyelids, so I was really wary of trying any cream shadows. But I saw the great reviews on these and decided to give them a try, and I'm glad I did! I always wear them over Nars Smudgeproof primer (worth every penny!) and usually combine them with powder shadows, and have had no creasing at all. They've stayed on and looked great for 10-12 hours consistently.
I usually use Bad to the Bronze on the lid with shadows from the Urban Decay Naked 2 palette. It makes a great neutral look for me. The color is a nice bronzey metallic, that is not too warm for my cool-toned skin. I'm really impressed, and would definitely re-buy if I ran out or lost this. I'm impressed enough with these that I just bought 2 more colors, bringing my total up to 6!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2013 11:31:00 AM More reviews by scrapstitcher

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

One of my go-to eyeshadow colors. I use Barely Branded as a base on my eyelids and then use Bad to the Bronze in the outer corners and crease. Love the creme formula. I use a make-up brush for application. I wish they'd come out with a medium shimmery green in this creme formula.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2013 12:58:00 AM More reviews by iluvmakeup12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this Color Tattoo! I use this as a base in my every day makeup. On my NC30ish skin this is a very natural looking bronzy color that goes great with my neutral eye look. It helps cover the discoloration on my lids, makes my eye shadows pop and last longer. Like all Color Tattoos Bad to the Bronze lasts all day and doesn't budge, but it is easy to take off with a little makeup remover.

Pros:
-Affordable.
-Long wearing.
-Helps make shadows last all day.

Cons:
-Have to blend quickly because this product sets fast.

Tip: Make sure the lid is on tight and keep the jar upside down, it will help keep the Color Tattoo from drying out too fast.