Maybelline Color Tattoo - Bold Gold / Eternal Gold

3.8

Ingredients.Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Ceresin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Caprylyl Methicone, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Alumina, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cyclomethicone, Propylene Carbonate, Candelilla Cera / Candelilla Wax / Cire De Candelilla, Caprylyl Glycol, C30-45 Alkyldimethylsilyl Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Silica, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Tin Oxide, Acrylates Copolymer, Paraffin. May Contain: Mica, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 77007 / Ultramarines, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake, CI 16035 / Red 40 Lake, CI 77000 / Aluminum Powder, CI 77510 / Ferric Ferrocyanide, CI 75470 / Carmine, CI 42090 / Blue 1 Lake, CI 77400 / Bronze Powder, CI 77288 / Chromium Oxide Greens, CI 77289 / Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI 77742 / Manganese Violet, CI 77400 / Copper Powder, CI 77163 / Bismuth Oxychloride, CI 77510 / Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide.. ...

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I bought this today for my holidays next week as i want something that will stay put in hot weather.
In uk, this is called Eternal Gold and theyre priced at 4.99 each here.

I have reddish black hair, paleish skin and bright blue eyes, and i have to say this gold colour looks ok on. Very understated, but glam, perfect to just whack on when on hols and want minimum fuss makeup!!! It is a true yellow gold, but think i need a more bronzey gold to work fabulously.

I can imagine this would be a great colour for any eye colour!!

Im not usually a fan of Maybelline but these seem to be ace! I had tried the Max Factor Masterpiece cream eyeshadows last year and as soon as it touched my eyelid, i had a burning sensation reaction from it! Not good!!! So im made up to find these! Im now wanting the brown one for when i go the bar with my hubby :) #

OK little updaye.I have applied two layers of this on my lids this morning, no primer, and it seems somewhat patchy. I applied with my fingertip, so tommorrow ill try with a brush. So far it looks ok, but nothing like it did on the swatch on my hand!

Have already swapped this with a friend for On and On bronze, much more my style :)

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Cool

I love this stuff! It doesn't fade, applies easily, and the pigment is just right. I love the price point and will certainly buy more colors!

on 4/21/2012 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Pretty, wearable gold for a casual day. It's not crazy pigmented but lasts long and doesn't crease! Unlike Painted Purple, which I also own, I found that it maintained its pigment throughout the day.

on 4/12/2012 3:44:00 PM

I am obsessed with gold shadows. Whenever I observe a brand/collection I always gravitate towards the gold colors. So when I saw this collection had a gold cream shadow I of course had to purchase it. I have experienced a lot of mediocre cream shadows, drugstore brands being no exception. So I didn't have high hopes for this shadow. Yet it managed to surpass my expectations. The consistency is soft and buttery, opaque with one swipe. The color is a beautiful, true yellow-gold. Its shimmery, which I like. A sheer wash of this on the lids is good for a simple, dewy look. I often find myself picking this up rather than my MAC Rubenesque paint pot. This is a must have for the spring/summertime! One of my favorites of the line.

on 3/3/2012 6:10:00 PM

This is the first Color Tattoo eye shadow that I've bought, and it certainly won't be the last!
The quality of this eye shadow is so amazing! It really stays on all day without fading, even without a primer on my oily eyelids! I usually wear this with a light brown shadow in the crease and it's a really nice smokey look. The product is in a glass case, so it feels really sturdy and high quality.

The only problem I really have with this product is this color. I love golds and I thought I would love this one, but this is just a little too yellow for me since I prefer a bit more bronzy-golds. The Color Tattoos have a great variety of colors and some are really pretty and unique like orange and turquoise. There aren't that many neutral, everyday shades, but I'm hoping Maybelline comes out with more of those in the future! I'm so happy that drugstores have been coming out with such high quality yet affordable products recently! :]

on 2/18/2012 12:35:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love this stuff! The color is gorgeous and you can wear it sheer or layer it up for a bolder look. This is a beautiful, fairly neutral, gold color. I really couldn't see any skin tone having an issue with this being unwearable. I also think that it is equally nice for those who prefer more demure looks or for those of us who like it loud. There is no creasing and no noticeable fading and best of all for me, really no more effort getting off than any other makeup that I'm wearing. I would definitely buy it again, but there is so much product, I really don't think that I'll have to :)

on 2/16/2012 7:08:00 AM

I like these products in general. Really the only color I use is Bad to the Bronze, which I love (It is like a warm taupe on my NW20 skin). In theory this gold should have been gorgeous, but it just doesn't seem to work at all on me. And I love golds, but it was too shimmery, and just looked way off instead of enhancing my brown eyes like golds tend to do.

on 2/15/2012 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This color is yellow gold color which I have been looing for some time now. I do like shimmery eyeshadows, but this one has chunks of glitter in it which is a disappointment. By the end of the day, the glitters were on my cheeks, which wasn't very pretty. I do have the other colors, I don't like this one too much in particular because of the glitter.

on 2/10/2012 12:19:00 PM

The main thing I didn't like about this was the color and the sparkles in it. It does not look good on my blue eyes whatsoever. I also find that the formula (unlike bad to the bronze) is hard to spread on my eyes - it's very chunky and splotchy. I would not purchase this color again.

ETA: I used this today and it worked better for me. I still find that it looks to chunky (glitter wise) if I pack on too many layers, so I think I'll stick to only putting on one or two layers.

on 1/23/2012 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Can't even believe how much I love this product. I will probably end up buying every colour. Really does last all day without fading, smudging or creasing. This is really a miracle worker because my eyes usually absorb powder shadows and whenever I try a cream shadow it creases very badly.