Maybelline Color Tattoo - Bold Gold / Eternal Gold

3.9

Ingredients.Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Ceresin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Caprylyl Methicone, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Alumina, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cyclomethicone, Propylene Carbonate, Candelilla Cera / Candelilla Wax / Cire De Candelilla, Caprylyl Glycol, C30-45 Alkyldimethylsilyl Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Silica, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Tin Oxide, Acrylates Copolymer, Paraffin. May Contain: Mica, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 77007 / Ultramarines, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake, CI 16035 / Red 40 Lake, CI 77000 / Aluminum Powder, CI 77510 / Ferric Ferrocyanide, CI 75470 / Carmine, CI 42090 / Blue 1 Lake, CI 77400 / Bronze Powder, CI 77288 / Chromium Oxide Greens, CI 77289 / Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI 77742 / Manganese Violet, CI 77400 / Copper Powder, CI 77163 / Bismuth Oxychloride, CI 77510 / Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide.. ...

on 4/21/2012 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Pretty, wearable gold for a casual day. It's not crazy pigmented but lasts long and doesn't crease! Unlike Painted Purple, which I also own, I found that it maintained its pigment throughout the day.

on 4/12/2012 3:44:00 PM

I am obsessed with gold shadows. Whenever I observe a brand/collection I always gravitate towards the gold colors. So when I saw this collection had a gold cream shadow I of course had to purchase it. I have experienced a lot of mediocre cream shadows, drugstore brands being no exception. So I didn't have high hopes for this shadow. Yet it managed to surpass my expectations. The consistency is soft and buttery, opaque with one swipe. The color is a beautiful, true yellow-gold. Its shimmery, which I like. A sheer wash of this on the lids is good for a simple, dewy look. I often find myself picking this up rather than my MAC Rubenesque paint pot. This is a must have for the spring/summertime! One of my favorites of the line.

on 3/3/2012 6:10:00 PM

This is the first Color Tattoo eye shadow that I've bought, and it certainly won't be the last!
The quality of this eye shadow is so amazing! It really stays on all day without fading, even without a primer on my oily eyelids! I usually wear this with a light brown shadow in the crease and it's a really nice smokey look. The product is in a glass case, so it feels really sturdy and high quality.

The only problem I really have with this product is this color. I love golds and I thought I would love this one, but this is just a little too yellow for me since I prefer a bit more bronzy-golds. The Color Tattoos have a great variety of colors and some are really pretty and unique like orange and turquoise. There aren't that many neutral, everyday shades, but I'm hoping Maybelline comes out with more of those in the future! I'm so happy that drugstores have been coming out with such high quality yet affordable products recently! :]

on 2/18/2012 12:35:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love this stuff! The color is gorgeous and you can wear it sheer or layer it up for a bolder look. This is a beautiful, fairly neutral, gold color. I really couldn't see any skin tone having an issue with this being unwearable. I also think that it is equally nice for those who prefer more demure looks or for those of us who like it loud. There is no creasing and no noticeable fading and best of all for me, really no more effort getting off than any other makeup that I'm wearing. I would definitely buy it again, but there is so much product, I really don't think that I'll have to :)

on 2/16/2012 7:08:00 AM

I like these products in general. Really the only color I use is Bad to the Bronze, which I love (It is like a warm taupe on my NW20 skin). In theory this gold should have been gorgeous, but it just doesn't seem to work at all on me. And I love golds, but it was too shimmery, and just looked way off instead of enhancing my brown eyes like golds tend to do.

on 2/15/2012 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This color is yellow gold color which I have been looing for some time now. I do like shimmery eyeshadows, but this one has chunks of glitter in it which is a disappointment. By the end of the day, the glitters were on my cheeks, which wasn't very pretty. I do have the other colors, I don't like this one too much in particular because of the glitter.

on 2/10/2012 12:19:00 PM

The main thing I didn't like about this was the color and the sparkles in it. It does not look good on my blue eyes whatsoever. I also find that the formula (unlike bad to the bronze) is hard to spread on my eyes - it's very chunky and splotchy. I would not purchase this color again.

ETA: I used this today and it worked better for me. I still find that it looks to chunky (glitter wise) if I pack on too many layers, so I think I'll stick to only putting on one or two layers.

on 1/23/2012 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Can't even believe how much I love this product. I will probably end up buying every colour. Really does last all day without fading, smudging or creasing. This is really a miracle worker because my eyes usually absorb powder shadows and whenever I try a cream shadow it creases very badly.

on 1/22/2012 2:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I saw a review for these by Beauty Broadcast (emilynoel83 on YouTube.) She gave them such a good review I thought I'd try them out. I got Bold Gold at CVS for $7.99 (and then I had a $5 beauty rewards coupon, so it was only $2.99- very worth it.) Bold Gold is exactly what I've been looking for in a gold shadow- bright gold, without a bronze cast to it and not cheap looking. Good payoff, bold color, and lasting power. I tried MAC's golden crown, hoping for similar results, but even wet, I couldn't get it to show up at all. It really does wear for quite a long time, I can put the gold on before work, then go to the gym, and come home and it's still on- with no creasing- that NEVER happens, so I'm really impressed! The quality of the packaging is great, a nice heavy glass pot with a good-fitting screw-on lid. The price is good, at $7.99 for the amount you get, and with CVS's beauty rewards program, you are always building up coupons to make it even less. I will definitely buy more if they come out with some lighter neutrals. I may yet end up returning the asphalt one, but I am in love with the gold one, and if I ever hear they are discontinuing, I will buy about 5 of them so I never run out.

Oh my god I love love love this stuff!! It's such a beautiful gold color and is very metallic, so it catches and highlights your eyes in such a lovely way. it does not crease and stays on for a long time, even in chlorinated water, as tested by me recently. The color is gorgeous, a little more on the antique side but it is stunning. I love the little glass packaging that it comes in. It's like a MAC paint pot but much better and cheaper! Plus the colors are great. I would definetely recommend it- it's only $6 as well!