August 20, 2014 | 1826 users online

Lips - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter in Sugar Plum

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2012 8:41:00 AM More reviews by Nocturnefata

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Well I just got this and unfortunately it's not what I wanted it to be. I was expecting a plum color yet somehow on me it is almost a nude pink with a hint of mauve! It's a nice color and creamy but it's more of a spring color and I was looking for something a little richer for fall. This also feels more drying then my other 2 lip butters.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/9/2012 4:09:00 PM More reviews by skywriter24

This product is a dark mauve/plum color. It comes off too dark on my lips. THis product is a tad bit pricey for a drugstore lip product. I love the product overall, just not this color.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2012 4:05:00 PM More reviews by MissBrittanyM

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

After seeing all the hype over Revlon lip butters, I decided to give one a try. I'm not a lipstick fan; I prefer MAC lipglass, Clinique SuperBalm and other heavy glosses. I picked up Sugar Plum as I am typically drawn to plums and applied it as soon as I got to my car. I love the packaging, and overall this is a good product. I would call it a light, creamy lipstick rather than a tinted balm or anything else. It's consistency and feel is nothing spectacular but it is lighter than regular lipsticks and goes on smoothly. If I apply a thin layer, this shade is a mauvy pink. With additional layers, it builds up to a bright but not obscene plummy mauve. There is no glitter or shimmer to it, and when it fades, it does fade to a stained look. Nice product, great color, not drying. Feels better than the L'Oreal leBalm in my opinion. I might not rebuy it only because I prefer gloss.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2012 10:49:00 PM More reviews by Thursday_Next

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love it. The quilted look of the tube cap, the smoothness, the color is just strong enough. Sugar Plum is an ideal shade for a redheads if you want something just a bit louder than neutral. I am not comfortable with almost any lip colors...I found Stila's limited edition Raisin lip gloss and that was the only lip color I felt safe applying with abandon until this one. This is very similar, without the gold flecks in Raisin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2012 9:45:00 PM More reviews by slkeeth

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a lovely lipstick. I like a richly tinted lip balm, and this works well for me. It is very moisturizing, but not slick or sticky like a gloss. As other reviewers have noted, it is a plum-pink color. I like to wear it when I'm going more "cool" with my outfit/makeup (I have fair, neutral skin).

I also have Pink Truffle, which is AMAZING, and Tutti Frutti, which is a coral that is a bit too orange-y for me most days.

I love the Sugar Plum, though--almost to the bottom and need to get some more!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2012 7:48:00 PM More reviews by ClassyMinx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really love the colour of this. In the tube it looks like it has a lot of brown in it, but on my lips it comes out really different... A lovely rosey colour. I can't really detect any mauve like other reviewers but maybe it comes out a little different on everyone depending on the natural pigments of their lips. I find the formula of this lip butter really smooth and easy to apply. Pigmentation is also pretty good.. I usually apply 2 coats to get good colour. This lipbutter is fairly moisturising but i find it best to wear a lip balm underneath. It leaves a high shine finish on my lips so i don't apply any gloss over the top. I don't think this colour is like MLBB as others have described and I would not describe this colour as a neutral colour. It is a muted rosey medium red on my lips. I find it very wearable for everyday as it's not too bright and in your face. Definitely one of my favourite revlon lip butters.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2012 12:15:00 PM More reviews by CET13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Great product. Love the cute packaging, love the color, love the texture...an all around winner. I lean towards the cool side of things skin tone speaking, and this is really flattering againts my fair/medium cool skin. I like to mix it with Buxom Princess lip gloss, because it is a bit dark for my liking on its own, and that combination is really lovely. I have a hard time finding lip products that look natural but that actually show up and provide some attractive enhancement to my look, and this really fits the bill. I had a coupon, plus it was on sale at Target, so I think I paid around $4....and I'd pay full price next time for it!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2012 7:01:00 AM More reviews by spunkha

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Sugar plum is a mauvey plum and it appears on my lips as a pretty MLBB kinda look because i am an nc25 with very pigmented lips. this color pulls pretty warm on me and for tt reason i consider this a pretty universal color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2012 11:42:00 AM More reviews by SweetMoonbeams

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is probably my favorite lip butter. I also like Pink Truffle and Red Velvet, but find myself wearing this a lot more than the others. I'm really pale with freckles, blue eyes, and red hair. My lips are naturally very pigmented. This color mimics my natural lip color, but gives them a little bit of oomph. It is sheer, and it's not long wearing, but once the shine is gone, I'm left with a very nice stain. I don't feel like I need to reapply very often because of the staining effect. You can layer this quite easily as well to get more of a full-on-in-your-face plum color. Just apply, blot, apply again, blot, and apply once more. It's a beautiful color, very versatile, and comfortable to wear.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2012 7:50:00 PM More reviews by blooiejagwa

The only lip butter I would repurchase. Beautiful colour. Soft mauve-y rose? Very cute