July 23, 2014 | 2019 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED2

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2014 5:19:00 PM More reviews by merrittmollie

I'm usually a drugstore kind of girl, but I decided to splurge and get a NAKED palette. I knew I didn't really want the NAKED3 because I didn't feel like it would complement my blue eyes; so I was torn between the NAKED and NAKED2. I decided to go for the latter because the shaded somewhat beckoned me to them. At first, I wasn't too impressed. I felt like my wet n wild eye shadows were better quality. I kept on trucking on and now, I'm in LOVE with this palette! The shades are beautiful and the packaging is sturdy and strong! I gave it 4/5 for the price, and I will explain why (obviously lol). Normally, UD eyeshadows are $19, so 12 in one palette is a steal! All things considered, I still feel like $52 is extremely expensive for and eyeshadow palette, but I'm willing to spend that money for amazing eyeshadows. I hope to buy the original naked next, I hope it's just as good, if not better!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2014 10:49:00 PM More reviews by makeshiftrift

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love these naked palettes. They are not inexpensive but the color payoff is superb and last a long time. They take the guess work out of look bc they are so popular you can google each palette and see some one in any skin/hair/eye color comleting a look that will look glam as well as professional. Since they are so popular you can walk into any major department store and essentially "try before you buy". Love these palettes!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/7/2014 8:37:00 PM More reviews by zerotic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm SO disappointed by this palette! Seriously! When this palette first came out forever ago, I didn't crave it that much and I didn't feel the urge to buy it. During the past few weeks I've really enjoyed "natural smokey eyes", and I looked at a 1000 different swatching photos of the colors in the Naked 2 palette, and a bird whispered in my ear and said that I should buy it, because this palette contained colors which aren't similar to some other eyeshadows in my collection... When it first arrived, the first impression were really good - the packaging is great and the mirror inside the palette is really good! I also swatched some of the shadows on the back of my hand and some of them felt really buttery. Some others - like Chopper and Tease, felt quite dry in my opinion.

I have played around with it now the last few days and I really regret buying it. The colors aren't unique at all, they're just like.. Any other shadows inside a natural eyeshadow palette. I also find them really hard to blend! I tried out the two darkest shades - Busted and Blackout - and THEY DID NOT BLEND! At all! I had to blend for like 5 minutes before they looked a tiny bit blended. Some of the shadows have a lot of fall out as well (CHOPPER!!!).... Beautiful colors, but hard to work with. I will still keep the palette though, because as I said - the colors are really pretty and with a good base, the lightest colors (like Chopper, Half Baked and so on) can work great on the lid - but as I said, with a REALLY good base. Without base - crap crap crap. All the reasons above is why I give this palette to lippies. Doesn't deserve more than that from me.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2014 12:08:00 AM More reviews by Jimduhh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Packaging:
I really like the packaging of this palette in comparison to the first Naked. The metal case allows it to not get as dirty as the first one since it has a velvet coated case. I love the large mirror it comes with as well as the brush! The outside packaging of this is also very nice.

Price:
$50 might seem a lot, but I think that this palette is a good investment. It'll last you a long time and the colors don't disappoint.

Texture:
Just like any other eyeshadow

Smell:
None

Pros:
-Very pigmented, great color payoff
-Great packaging, comes with a mirror and brush
-Great variety of colors– you can easily make a daytime look and turn it into a night time look
-Little to no fallout
-Colors are very blendable

Cons:
-It is a bit pricey
-The lipgloss takes away from the eyeshadow

Impressions/comments:
I really like this palette. I've looked for dupes and no matter what brand, they don't compare to the quality of these eyeshadows. They're so easy to build up and blend out. Like every other shadow, you definitely need a primer. But, what I found to make the colors pop even more was to use an eye pencil before applying the shadows such as the NYX Jumbo Pencils. I honestly picked this palette over the Naked solely because of Blackout, but the other shades in the palette are also very wonderful. I love using Verve on the inner third of my eye, Blackout on my outer V, busted to blend that out into the crease, Foxy for my brow bone, Tease for my transition, and whatever color I choose for the lid, and it'll work no matter what! Blackout is also the perfect black eyeshadow to use to set your eyeliner. Or, you can even use it AS your liner! I just love this palette and I hope that those that are skeptical would buy this because it's soooo worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2014 5:48:00 PM More reviews by barbkeeg

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a beautiful palette but I wish it had more matte shades. It has a lot of high shimmer shades and as a fifty something I feel like its a little over the top.

That being said, these shadows look very pretty if you use a matte neutral shadow in the crease to soften things a little. I pulled out my old Bobbi Brown Nude on Nude shadow palette and have created some beautiful looks for my blue green eyes. So if you like Naked 2 but feel its a little too much for day wear, try adding some matte neutrals to tone things down. I used Cement with UD silver and grey yesterday and today I used Wheat with UD brown/taupe colors. Both looks are great. Enough shimmer to spark up your eyes but not over the top.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2014 11:47:00 AM More reviews by Kellie183

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love all the naked palettes and naked and naked 2 are by far the best. If you're looking to try a naked palette for the first is recommend one of these as naked 3 is more pinky tones and the basics is all mattes. Although there is little matte colours in this palette the colours are still amazing and next to nothing fallout. Never liked the idea of a matte black but urban decay has changed me. Highly recommend. Buttery and blend-able. The brush is good quality too but I prefer to use my real techniques brushes personally. Lipgloss is a nice addition too.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2014 9:33:00 PM More reviews by Redbone21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Very pretty eyeshadows! For $50 I better have a vareity of eye look options. This is a good palate though. The packaging is very nifty and not too difficult. The brush it comes with is nice as well. I think for my NC40 skintone the colors work very well in terms of daytime and night time looks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2014 12:04:00 PM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

One of the first high end eyeshadows I ever tried and boy, was I blown away! It's 60-something CAD and if you're torn between this and Naked 3, well get both.

The texture is buttery and easily blendable on all of these, a trademark for UD. None of the shades have terrible fallout so good on ya, Urban!

Foxy: yellowy cream, matte.
Half-Baked: bright gold, metallic.
Bootycall: pale peachy champagne, frost.
Chopper: rose-gold, metallic.
Tease: medium rosy taupe, matte.
Snakebite: dark bronze, frost.
Suspect: pale gold, frost.
Pistol: medium silvery grey, frost.
Verve: light greige, frost.
YDK: brownish plum, frost.
Busted: mahogany brown, satin.
Blackout: black, matte

Lasts all day and night with primer (might I recommend NYX HD Eyeshadow primer?)

A must have, even if you bit the dust and bought Naked 3.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2014 3:43:00 PM More reviews by kconover2

I was so excited to get this after having my Naked palette for about a year, and deciding that yes, it was worth the investment. I love the Naked products, I use the 1 palette, Naked Flushed, and Naked Foundation on a regular basis. I was somewhat disappointed after using the Naked 2. The colors seem to "turn" very taupe-y or greige on me. I have a neutral skin tone NW30 and have worn greys and black without issue for years but there is just something about Naked 2 that leaves more to be desired with me. The fallout of a few of the shades makes the almost unwearable-- unless you like glitter all over your face. I think for the price this should not be an issue. The colors are gorgeous, and the pigmentation is great- just realize that not all shadows work on all skintones. This didn't give me the radiant, glow-y look I have come to love from the Naked Line. I also purchased Naked 3- and I wont even go there. It just wasn't for me whatsoever. I will be returning both and sticking with my original Naked. I wish there was some heavenly place for all of these tried once and returned shadows to be put to good use.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 3:18:00 PM More reviews by dootdootdoot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I'm not an eye shadow person at all- I think that it makes me look too "done" and that I've tried too hard. BUT this was definitely a game changer. The shadows are all very wearable and natural-looking. Yes, even a smokey eye done with this somehow looks natural, in a lived-in way. The shadows are all very pigmented.

What sets this apart from Naked 1 and 3 is the VARIETY and RANGE of colors. This one has base colors, highlighters, bronzes, golds, grays, a taupe AND a true black. 80% of the Naked 1 palette looks like a shimmery warm bronze on me. By the looks of it, 100% of the Naked 3 palette looks like a light shimmery pink. But for someone like me who isn't into intricate looks involving 5 shadows at a time, the variety in Naked 2 = more bang for your buck.