July 22, 2014 | 1279 users online

BB Cream - MISSHA - Cho Bo Yang BB Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2012 9:33:00 PM More reviews by Andalucian

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Having checked out Missha's marketing of this particular BB cream ("best for dry and/or sensitive skin," "works better in drier seasons"), I picked up a travel size tube of this for my mother when I repurchased my beloved Perfect Cover. I ended up trying it instead when my typically-oily skin went through a more sensitive and dry stage... and my poor mother never got to see that tube. The Cho Bo Yang is actually a little thicker than Perfect Cover, and the texture feels a little more dry - not what I was expecting in a BB cream advertised for dry skin. It absorbs oil well, doesn't accentuate dry patches, and generally lasts all day for me. Coverage is medium but can fairly easily be sheered down or built up, and it looks remarkably natural. I don't know that ingredients like "velvet and pure gold" (???) necessarily help my skin in any way, but it hasn't aggravated any skin issues or caused breakouts or reactions for me. It's quick and easy to apply with my fingers in the morning, and I've gotten a lot of compliments on my skin when I've worn it. I love the squeeze tube - why don't more foundations use this packaging? The downsides... It is a bit expensive, with a $45.99 price tag for the 50ml size, but Missha does offer frequent promotions; I picked up a 50ml tube from the MisshaUS site recently for $9.99. And the shade range is extremely limited. I've been wearing shade 1 (Natural Beige), and it comes out of the tube almost a pale pinky-grey color. I was slightly horrified when I saw it, but somehow it adjusts well to my NW20 skin. I never thought I'd jump on the BB cream bandwagon - so few foundations actually last through my daily life (15-hour days, mostly working outdoors) without irritating my (sensitive, very breakout- and reaction-prone) skin, and I doubted BB creams would live up to the hype with their long lists of often bizarre ingredients. This and Perfect Cover have made a believer out of me.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2012 2:35:00 PM More reviews by Opuszek1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This is so far in my top 3 of BB creams and I have tried 16 different ones.
It has by far the highest and build-able coverage of all BB creams and it doubles up as a concealer. Even though the coverage is medium to full it doesn't look cakey.
It lasts all day, even through a gym session.
It has a very good oil control.
It doesn't promote spots which is a major issue for me with some other BB creams and foundations.
The only disadvantages are:
- it is a bit difficult to spread as it is very thick, but this can be helped with a good moisturizer underneath
- it comes only in 2 shades, I am lucky enough that one of them suits me well
- a bit costly
Still it is for now my HG and has replaced foundations in my make-up routine. I highly recommend!

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2011 2:39:00 AM More reviews by slippingbeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

There are two things that I don't particularly like about this product, but overall I do still like it a lot. First of all, the shade range is crap. I use number 1, but it is a tiny bit too dark. The other thing is that it's more expensive than a lot of other BB creams, especially Missha's Perfect Cover. However, the coverage is far superior to Perfect Cover and it is also less oily. On some days I wear one or the other alone, and on others I mix them together. The latter is especially favorable on days when I need a little bit more coverage. Cho Bo Yang has no scent and it is a lot thicker than Perfect Cover; the coverage is definitely medium-heavy to heavy. I really wish they'd introduce more colors, especially one that's more like Perfect Cover in 13. If you're looking for a BB cream for oily skin or need a more long-lasting version, definitely try this one if you think you can find a good color match.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No