October 1, 2014 | 2076 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Kiehl's - Midnight Recovery Eye

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2012 12:28:00 PM More reviews by priyaj

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I only tried this b/c I'm a big fan of Kiehl's and just thought I'd give this a shot before I tried the Shiseido and Dior eye creams (which are more expensive and use less natural ingredients than this one). Surprisingly, this has turned out to be a great eye cream. What I look for in an eye cream is VISIBLE results. This eye cream has softened the lines under my eyes and that was exactly my goal. It also reduced my under eye puffiness a tiny bit. I've been using it for about 3-4 months day and night. Honestly, I kind of didn't expect this to work so I wasn't monitoring its effectiveness every day so I don't know how long it took to see results. The creamy texture is moisturizing and sinks in after a while. It's not overly shiny so it can be used during the day. Smells great, nice tube packaging.
INGREDIENTS!: Very natural - a lot of essential oils (evening primrose, lavender, camellia), squalane, butcher's broom, etc. NO parabens, silicones, mineral oil, or fragrance. That's the main reason I tried this. Overall, I'm probably still going to try other eye cream brands to see if I can get even more reduction in fine lines. Otherwise, I'll have this one on hand at all times.

UPDATE: Lately I've been having weird allergic reactions to everything I put in my eye area. I was using Shiseido then went on a frenzy of hypo-allergenic eye creams and they still made my eyes burn and becoming extremely puffy. I came crawling back to Midnight Recovery and couldn't be happier. No irritation, and I'm seeing results (again). Should have stuck with this in the first place.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/2/2012 3:30:00 AM More reviews by retrolady

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i quite like the texture and the smell of this eyecream.it doesnt make my eyes feel uncomfortable tho.
TBH,i dont see a big change since i have used it for about 2 weeks.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/25/2011 1:51:00 AM More reviews by rosie99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have only been using this eye cream for a couple of weeks. The woman at Saks just kept raving about it, like it was a miracle treatment. What can I say, I'm a sucker. I also noticed that it wasn't very hydrating and my undereyes felt tight in the morning. When I looked at the ingredient list, alcohol was the 6th or 7th ingredient.. To me Alcohol denat is never a good thing in your eye cream! Wish I had read the ingredient list before I bought it. I really haven't noticed anything special about this stuff other than its pretty drying.

14 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2011 10:24:00 AM More reviews by leenn32

I have been using this product for about 2 weeks and I feel do feel my eye area is smoother generally though my fine lines are still there, it does wonder for my dark circles. Have the tendency to feel some tightness after applying, will normally layer another moisturising eye serum. Otherwise, it is a great product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2011 8:45:00 PM More reviews by Arenal

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Magic. The best eye cream I've ever used--and I've used a lot in my 59 years. I got results after one use, and my dark circles are much reduced. The best result is a significant improvement in the "hollowness" under my eyes. The skin there looks much smoother and fuller.

I got this on special from QVC for about $29.00, plus S&H. I've been using ti for about a month and will definitely continue to use. I've been using it only in the evening, but I think I'll start using it morning and evening. Only a small amount is needed, so I think the tube for last for several months. I will definitely repurchase. Love, love, love!!!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/15/2011 11:30:00 PM More reviews by perandshan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It is a pleasant eye cream. My skin feels soft after applying it. Unfortunately it is not hydrating enough so the softness doesn't hold. When I used it before bed I woke up with dry skin under eyes. Then I tried it as a day cream hoping it would work since it's so light. Nope. It dried out my concealer that my under eye skin looked cracked. I have normal to dry skin. I think this eye cream might be more suitable for oily skin. For me it is lacking the hydrating effect that I get from my fav eye cream.
I do love the small tube now I carry it in my purse to use as a touch up product. It can be soothing for tired eyes. it wont mess up the make up if I lightly dab it on.