October 25, 2014 | 918 users online

Blush - BeneFit Cosmetics - Hervana

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2012 11:30:00 AM More reviews by CorelliaCalling

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Bet you anything theyíll discontinue this tomorrow. Just because Iím giving it a shoutout. Oh, well. Itís one of their mosaic shades, and it gives a flush like nothing youíve ever seen--itís so perfect there really isnít a name for it, though they describe it as ďorchid blossomĒ on their website. Just promise me, if you buy it, youíll chuck that worthless brush right in the bin--in fact, thatís good advice for pretty much any makeup that encloses its own applicator (the two-sided brush with Urban Decayís Vice palette is one exception). There are so many awesome, reasonably priced brushes on the current market: ELF, Revlon, EcoTools, Real Techniques, Avon, Sonia Kashuk, even the generics at good old Target. So donít even give me an excuse; the right tools can make the most dirt-cheap product look like a jackpot, just as the wrong ones can have you looking like a cheap corner-crawler in four figures worth of Chanel.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2012 6:18:00 PM More reviews by roxyd562

I was scared to try this due to the plum color and the fact that you swirl the colors, i didnt think that was going to turn up well on my pale skin. i love it i dont know if its me but everytime i wear this it looks diffrent some times it looks a muted rose at times a berry i love the way the box o powders smell mmmmm

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2012 9:19:00 PM More reviews by stacyavdeeva

About the product:
- Comes with a brush (which is surprisingly soft)
- Contains 8g of product
- Has a magnetic closure
- Has a floral scent
- The flip top contains a mirror
First off, let me say that I love the scent. Whenever I use it, I have to sniff it a couple times. This blush gives a nice, natural pink color to the cheeks. It is a little on the sheer side, so it takes a couple layers to build up the product. However, I don't mind because this makes it easier to control the amount of product on your cheeks. I love the effect it gives my face and looks pretty against my pale complexion.
However, I don't think this blush will show up on medium-dark skin tones due to the fact that I am very pale and it takes layering the blush to get it to show up.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2012 12:42:00 PM More reviews by Yuminnie

This blush is beautiful. I love how natural and cute it looks on my skin! The color is a very soft pink and I find it really pretty.
It is scented but I love the smell! It's floral and sweet but when you put it on your skin you won't be able to tell it has a scent to it.
The brush that comes with it is nice. Usually I just don't use the little brushes that come with makeup but I've used that one and it's nice but I still prefer my blush brush to apply it.
The only thing I dislike about this is the price. It's pretty pricey but if you want to splurge on a nice blush with good quality this one is very good.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2012 4:46:00 PM More reviews by Lauramad

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

First off, this is one of my favourite blushes!
When I saw the ad for Hervana on Facebook I thought this looks unique, different and absolutely gorgeous! I have to try it! So I went to Brown Thomas and went to get it tried on. The girl put a powder on first, then Hervana and then a bit of highlighter (watt's up by Benefit). I thought it was beautiful. Mixed together it is a pretty baby pink with lovely shine. It gives a pretty glow on the skin and lasts a long time!
I purchased Hervana for Ä34.00 in Brown Thomas but the price could be different in a store near you. It is pricey but is worth the money!
All in all I love this blush so much, I will definately buy it again and will recommend it to all girls looking for a pretty pink summer glow, or a natural look! Hope it helped :) x

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2012 9:34:00 PM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This powder is beautiful and smells wonderful. For me though this did not really seem to work. Maybe because I have such fair skin this never showed up on me very well. The packaging is good. I love the box - it holds up well to being moved around and the size means it lasts for quite a while. A good powder depending on your skin color.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2012 12:26:00 AM More reviews by alwayysbluee

lovvve this blush!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2012 11:10:00 AM More reviews by domokun_nyc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

New favorite blush. I'm a long-time Dandelion user and was looking for something with a little more "oomph." I was considering Sugarbomb, but saw Hervana and asked the SA which he thought went better with my coloring. Sugarbomb is more peachy-golden and Hervana is more pink-rose but provides more pigmentation and less shine than Dandelion. He thought Hervana would work better and brushed some on my cheeks. Lovely!

Even though there are several shades to swirl together, the pigment lays down evenly and shows up well. Only a very light tap or swipe picks up enough pigment for a natural blush look. It actually seems to be less powdery looking on my skin than Dandelion, as though it melds into my skin rather than sitting on top.

The packaging is standard Benefit cardboard box, with a flip-top and mirror. Although bulky, I tend to like this packaging -- it fits in the hand well and seems more environmentally friendly than plastic. The brush is not quite as useless as the one that comes with Dandelion -- something about the fact that it's angled makes it work a bit better. But, I still prefer to use my own blush brush.

As to price, well, Benefit is getting up there for a blush, but this one provides more product for your money than some of their options (Dandelion, I'm looking at you.) I expect this will last me a couple years. I'll be happy to repurchase when it's gone. Right now I'm rotating between Dandelion for the lightest of pink washes, the Hervana for a bit more pink flush intensity, and Korres Zea Mays No. 15 Natural for a bit darker, dusky rose that can also provide a bit of contouring.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2012 5:55:00 PM More reviews by Spark2012

This blush is lovely! I have an odd skin tone (pink undertones, but still warm) and this blush suits it perfectly! You can also use the 2 light tones all over the face, the 2 darker tones as eyeshadow, and the lightest shade as highlighter.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2012 1:24:00 AM More reviews by SanjaFika

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Black

I want to preface this review by telling everyone that i have owned (at some time) every Benefit box powder - Dandelion, Coralista etc. Hervana is the only blush that i kept to myself and I wouldnt dream of putting it on my swap list, giving it away or God forbid end up losing it! That being said - its really difficult to describe the shade itself! Its a mix of peachy-pinky-bronzy shades that blend together into a wonderfull blushing flush! If blended correctly this blush looks completely natural - just as if i am turning red from the inside (in a good way though!). Whats even more impressive is the fact that the mini brush it comes with is acctually usable! I dont remember the last time i used the applicators that come with my makeup items so this is a definite plus.
Bottom line - Hervana has redeemed my faith in Benefit and i would surely buy it again!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No