BeneFit Cosmetics Hervana

4.2

on 10/20/2012 2:44:00 PM

This shade is one I've been seeking for a long time! For me - extremely fair skin - it's a very flattering light mauvey shade, without being too warm, too pink, or too muddy. I'm not sure it would be useful for darker, even medium, skin tones; it's buildable, but you'd use up a lot of product getting a good effect. It's not noticeably shimmery at all, despite the slight shimmer of a couple of the blending shades. I just wish it were in a more normal packaging (the box is cute but takes up a lot of space) and weren't SCENTED. Ugh, the perfume of this! I'm leaving it open for a while hoping it fades. So a lippie off for scent (who needs scented blush?!?) and gimmicky packaging; at this price I wish there weren't any downsides. But the shade is gorgeous and when this runs out I bet I'll be hunting (and failing) for a dupe.

on 10/18/2012 12:30:00 AM

I adore Hervana! It is such a pretty matte pink and is perfect for everyday make-up for me. It is quite buildable as well if you want more colour pay-off. Love it!

on 10/17/2012 3:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I like this blush. One problem that I have with a lot of pink blushes is that they pull red on my yellow-toned skin, and I hate it. This blush never pulls red on me, instead it imparts a girlish pink flush to my cheeks that looks quite youthful. Looking at the blush itself, it appears that there is some shimmer, but when applied the effect is more or less matte, but just a tiny bit of a "glow" that wakes up your complexion.

This isn't that unique of a color in my opinion, but the cute packaging makes it a joy to use. I'd recommend this blush for medium to fair skin tones just because on my NC30 toned skin, I do have to build it up for color.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Bet you anything theyíll discontinue this tomorrow. Just because Iím giving it a shoutout. Oh, well. Itís one of their mosaic shades, and it gives a flush like nothing youíve ever seen--itís so perfect there really isnít a name for it, though they describe it as ďorchid blossomĒ on their website. Just promise me, if you buy it, youíll chuck that worthless brush right in the bin--in fact, thatís good advice for pretty much any makeup that encloses its own applicator (the two-sided brush with Urban Decayís Vice palette is one exception). There are so many awesome, reasonably priced brushes on the current market: ELF, Revlon, EcoTools, Real Techniques, Avon, Sonia Kashuk, even the generics at good old Target. So donít even give me an excuse; the right tools can make the most dirt-cheap product look like a jackpot, just as the wrong ones can have you looking like a cheap corner-crawler in four figures worth of Chanel.

on 9/11/2012 6:18:00 PM

I was scared to try this due to the plum color and the fact that you swirl the colors, i didnt think that was going to turn up well on my pale skin. i love it i dont know if its me but everytime i wear this it looks diffrent some times it looks a muted rose at times a berry i love the way the box o powders smell mmmmm

on 8/21/2012 9:19:00 PM

About the product:
- Comes with a brush (which is surprisingly soft)
- Contains 8g of product
- Has a magnetic closure
- Has a floral scent
- The flip top contains a mirror
First off, let me say that I love the scent. Whenever I use it, I have to sniff it a couple times. This blush gives a nice, natural pink color to the cheeks. It is a little on the sheer side, so it takes a couple layers to build up the product. However, I don't mind because this makes it easier to control the amount of product on your cheeks. I love the effect it gives my face and looks pretty against my pale complexion.
However, I don't think this blush will show up on medium-dark skin tones due to the fact that I am very pale and it takes layering the blush to get it to show up.

on 8/19/2012 12:42:00 PM

This blush is beautiful. I love how natural and cute it looks on my skin! The color is a very soft pink and I find it really pretty.
It is scented but I love the smell! It's floral and sweet but when you put it on your skin you won't be able to tell it has a scent to it.
The brush that comes with it is nice. Usually I just don't use the little brushes that come with makeup but I've used that one and it's nice but I still prefer my blush brush to apply it.
The only thing I dislike about this is the price. It's pretty pricey but if you want to splurge on a nice blush with good quality this one is very good.

on 8/8/2012 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

First off, this is one of my favourite blushes!
When I saw the ad for Hervana on Facebook I thought this looks unique, different and absolutely gorgeous! I have to try it! So I went to Brown Thomas and went to get it tried on. The girl put a powder on first, then Hervana and then a bit of highlighter (watt's up by Benefit). I thought it was beautiful. Mixed together it is a pretty baby pink with lovely shine. It gives a pretty glow on the skin and lasts a long time!
I purchased Hervana for Ä34.00 in Brown Thomas but the price could be different in a store near you. It is pricey but is worth the money!
All in all I love this blush so much, I will definately buy it again and will recommend it to all girls looking for a pretty pink summer glow, or a natural look! Hope it helped :) x

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This powder is beautiful and smells wonderful. For me though this did not really seem to work. Maybe because I have such fair skin this never showed up on me very well. The packaging is good. I love the box - it holds up well to being moved around and the size means it lasts for quite a while. A good powder depending on your skin color.

on 6/13/2012 12:26:00 AM