New York Color Pressed Translucent Powder

Price: $

Price: $

Talc/Dimethicone/Kaolin/Zinc Stearate/Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate/Cetyl Dimethicone/Imidazolidinyl Urea/Methylparaben/Ethylparaben/Propylparaben/Butylparaben/Isobutylparaben. May Contain Mica/Iron Oxides/Titanium Dioxide

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I would never use this powder when I put on my make-up in the morning - it's very white (and I'm very pale), and NOT translucent.
I DO use this, however, at school and at work when my face gets oily and shiny. I wouldn't suggest using it with the little sponge it comes with it, because it gets cakey. Instead, I use it with a mini (very mini) Ecotools Kabuki. It blots up the oil nicely and gives the slightest bit of extra coverage.
Gotta love the price too! Though the packaging it VERY cheap, I really don't mind.

on 2/7/2011 8:09:00 PM

The best thing about any make-up product is its price (i.e. cheap!) and does what it claims WITHOUT causing skin irritations. For 3 bucks CDN, this is a steal for an easy go-to translucent powder when the disco ball shininess comes around.

on 2/3/2011 3:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

It changed color on my face where my skin is more oily :s soo embarassing . It went darker on my forehead and nose, I looked ORANGE. Gross, never use it again

on 1/30/2011 10:36:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I put this product on over my NYC Smooth and Natural Matte Powder Foundation last night when i went out, and when i got home, i barely had a shine to my face! :) its non-comedogenic so it wont clog your pores and its oil-free. Ive used this product for a day, and so far im happy with it! :) as of right now i will repurchse.
If anything changes i'll write an update!

on 1/20/2011 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I can give a comparison to MAC Blot Powder which I used for a few years.

This powder has a more natural look to it than Blot. Blot would start to look cakey after re-applying the 2nd or 3rd time of the day and this powder doesn't do that, Blot would oxidize on my skin as the day wore on and take on a orange hue and this powder doesn't change color, Blot would cause my skin to look oilier when I wore it (maybe it increased oil production?) and this powder doesn't, I had to remove Blot after a few hours with a wipe and then reapply to keep it from getting that cakey oxidized look but with this powder I just use blot sheets and reapply lightly to t-zone as needed. I like the color Translucent for my fair skin because it blends in so well that you can't even see it vs. in MAC the Medium looked "dirty" especially in photos and although the next shade Light was a closer match to my skin it was more heavy/chalky looking. This powder doesn't really add any color but it does get rid of the oily look especially from using sunblock so my skin looks the same color except matte.The only thing better about the Blot was that the compact was well made and more presentable for times when I need to whip it out to check something in my eye or whatever in public while the NYC compact is cheap looking with the way the logos are plastered all over the front cover and doesn't have a proper hinge (the compact in the photo looks a lot better with a more discreet logo than the one I bought which has shiny silver words covering most of it).

on 1/19/2011 12:40:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

What ISN'T there to like about this powder? Super affordable, doesn't cake on my super oily skin (of course I use oil blotters first to remove the excess oil before applying), does a decent job at keeping the oil at bay, and it doesn't look/ turn yellow or orange on my super pale skin! So much cheaper than the M.A.C. blot powder, yes it isn't as fine in texture, but for the price? I can live with that (:

on 1/18/2011 11:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

It's too pink-toned. I am very yellow (similar to an Asian female) and this just makes my face look pink in natural lighting. Don't get this if you are warm-toned.

Also, I have used this for a while, and I am very oily. It wears off very quickly and that's a problem for an oily person like myself.

I'd recommend this for a dry/normal-skinned girls who have pink undertones. Otherwise, don't buy it. Seriously.

on 12/31/2010 8:10:00 PM

This is a great pressed powder, and you can't beat the price. The powder might look chalky on those with darker skin tones, but on me it looks great, and works very well at setting undereye concealer.

on 12/30/2010 9:22:00 PM

This is a really smooth powder. It doesn’t look cakey or wear off easily. When used over luquid foundation it sets foundation for hours. It smells nice, comes in sleek but flimsy packaging. I have already repurchased. Great price.

on 9/24/2010 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I used to use MAC Blot Powder until I tried this. It's the same translucent finish without the pricey tag. Also, I notice that this lasts a lot longer product-wise. I used to run out of Blot Powder almost every 3 months and I've been using my current compact for about 5. Definately worth giving a try if you like to use a pressed powder to combat oiliness throughout the day.