November 23, 2014 | 971 users online

Eyeliner - Essence - Gel Eyeliner

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2013 11:44:00 AM More reviews by ichigocutie

I have this in the shade "midnight in Paris" aka black. I'm not a big fan of gel eyeliner but I like this one. The consistency is very smooth and easy to apply but I can only apply it on 2/3 of my eye because when I apply it on my 1/3 inner corner it will smudge,no matter what! I tried to set it with a black eyeshadow but it will still smudge hence the 4 stars. Maybe because i have watery eyes idk. The price is great,it last a long time. I've had mine for almost a year and still going strong,no drying whatsoever. Yes,I will buy it again and again. I don't see the point of spending $9 &up for a drugstore gel eyeliner,might as well pay the extra bucks and get a high end one. Get this one instead for $3 and your wallet will thank you.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2013 9:43:00 AM More reviews by Tiptoemousey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Many jars of this later I am still in love with it I only wish they would do some more fun colored ones maybe some neon ones. Formula is epic and for only 3 dollars at ulta it is great.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2013 1:13:00 AM More reviews by riceisnice

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Absolutely freaking love this product. So far, it's my holy grail eyeliner.
Most eyeliners smudge on me. Regardless of the formula, whether it's a pencil, a gel, or liquid, it won't last on my extremely oily skin. It'll smudge or flake, even melt at the corner of my eyes sometimes. So far, this stuff hasn't. It's lasted over 6 hours on me, still looking as perfect as it was when I applied it.
I have the colour Midnight in Paris and it's a nice, dark black. I don't think this is the blackest gel liner, but it's still very dark. It's pretty pigmented too, but not 100% opaque in one swipe. The texture of this is sort of light... It's smooth and creamy, yet has a slightly fluffy texture reminiscent of a mousse. It's very easy to work with, but it's this texture that makes it difficult to get a completely opaque line without a couple more strokes.
I apply this by taking an angled eyeliner brush and scooping a small amount of the product onto the back of my hand. I then sweep the brush through the glob of liner to coat the brush, and remove any excess. From there I draw my winged liner. It dries VERY quickly. I find that this is easy to remove off of the brush afterwards (unlike the Maybelline gel liner.. that stuff doesn't wash off my brushes :/) but the glob left on my hand takes quite a bit of elbow grease to get off. You can certainly tell it's long lasting!
The only thing I don't love about this product is the packaging. It's okay. It comes in a small glass jar with a plastic lid that has the brand, the product name, and this rounded square motif on it. Yes, this product is dirt cheap (got it for about $3 from Shoppers Drug Mart for 3g), but that doesn't mean it has to look like its price! The cap looks cheap and reminds me of children's makeup. The choice of font doesn't help either... Oh well, at least it's not wet n wild-esque. Thumbs up for a glass jar though. Keeps the product from drying out as fast.
Overall, definitely going to repurchase this when I run out, and recommend this to anyone who's looking for an awesome gel liner.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2013 9:57:00 PM More reviews by jianing23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

thought this was pretty darn great!
good pigmentation, rich color, CHEAP, and just a really great gel liner! :)
the consistency is reaaally creamy, im used the the maybelline studio one which does harden a bit but i dont have much issue, but this one is suppper slippery/creamy, which can be a good and bad thing. it made it harder to work for me personally

dries semi matte
i really do recommend this liner!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2013 1:09:00 AM More reviews by imaiyarules

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is one of the best makeup purchases I've ever made. I forget how much it was exactly now, but it was deff. no more than 4$ Canadian at Shoppers Drug Mart. The product is so creamy and easy to use. It is extremely black and doesn't budge, even on my oily lids. Moreover, you get tons of product for the price. I can't speak on the eyeliner brush Essence makes, but I want to try it out!

My only complaint is that Shoppers doesn't carry more colours :( Seriously, if you want to try a gel eyeliner, LOOK NO FURTHER. Absolutely incredible value, price aside; I think this could compete with any higher end brand.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2013 10:48:00 PM More reviews by bettybear135

It's almost ALMOST a perfect gel liner. It's soooo rich, smooth, pigmented, creamy and it's dirt cheap. HOWEVER, it creases a lot more than most of my eyeliners. Even if I set this with a powder, or wear a primer underneath, it still creates a raccoonie look, not so pretty:/ but than again, I have super oily eyelids, so it might be just me. If you have dry skin, this will be your holy grail;)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2013 6:15:00 PM More reviews by bittertown

I've literally used this almost every day for a year, and I still haven't finished it. This eyeliner is absolutely fantastic. Very creamy, and easy to work with, dries fairly quickly, doesn't budge once you apply. It also helps that it's dirt cheap (I think I bought it for three to four dollars at Ulta). I seriously love this stuff, and would definitely repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2013 1:39:00 PM More reviews by Saspants

For the price this is a gem but I am reviewing based on the quality of the product itself. The color is black but transparent when applied so it takes a couple of times going back over the line to get a true black. This is problematic since the formula doesn't dry fast, it takes about 45-60 seconds to dry well enough for me to totally open my eye without getting any transfer and then moving to the other eye. This coupled with the sheerness of color makes applying my eyeliner a good 8-10 minute job and I just can't afford to spend that amount of time on a regular workday morning. Since money isn't the issue, I will gladly pay more to get a good, high pigmented eyeliner that will achieve what I want with a single application and faster dry time. For those that want a sheer line to give their eyelashes more fullness, then this would work great.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2013 2:50:00 AM More reviews by jessicax21

Love it except it is not completely waterproof. My eyes tear a lot at the corners so when I wing my liner, it can tend to disappear, but other than that, very black, doesn't dry out quick, affordable, and long lasting except for the non waterproof factor :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2013 7:54:00 PM More reviews by meganxoxo1996

I absolutely LOVE this gel eyeliner. i have two all time favorite gel/cream eyeliners, and this is one of them (the other is the wet 'n' wild one). the product is so creamy, you could probably dip your brush in all the way to the bottom of the jar. it is so smooth, and dries nicely without any clumps. it also dries pretty fast. it gives a very even application, and has fantastic staying power. it has never smudged on me (except when im a klutz and touch it while it is still drying). i dont think that it's completely waterproof, because when i tested it on my hand with water and i touched it, it did smear a bit. but if you just accidentally get water on your face and dont touch your eyes it should be fine. it is so pigmented and black, one of the blackest eyeliners ive used. i've had it for a couple of months now and there are no signs of drying out. the glass jar is sturdy, but i question the plastic cap sometimes because it might make it dry out sooner. I heard that they are planning to discontinue this product, so i'm definitely going to pick up more when i find it at ulta.